Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 9, 2017 9:04 AM
Jun 2014
I kind of miss my console+laptop combo. I mostly use my pc for Overwatch and Nier Automata now. I plan to get Injustice and Tekken on PS4. I'm also getting tired of these half assed pc ports.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 9, 2017 9:11 AM

Jul 2016
Yeah, tho that's bad. Cause I generally get into PC gaming during the Summer, yet I burned out too fast... Thanks to Civilisation 5.

Well I can focus on getting some Xbox Achievements now, need quite a few games complete. Online achievements drag out the games for soo long.
RuneRemMay 9, 2017 9:15 AM
May 9, 2017 9:12 AM

Dec 2015
You'll never be part of the glorious PC master race with that attitude.
(but yeah I am sick of developers putting out bullshit PC ports)
May 9, 2017 9:18 AM

Jun 2014
There's such a huge number of great games in such a broad variety of categories to chose from on pc, I really can't see how I'd ever get tired of pc gaming specifically. If anything, I sometimes get tired of gaming as a whole and spend a couple weeks watching shows instead.
Throw me to the wolves, tomorrow I will come back, leader of the whole pack!

May 9, 2017 9:26 AM

Jul 2009
I was a PC fan for many years, but the extravagant cost of upgrading a computer to match this generation's consoles was eventually too much for me. People often tell me to build my own PC, but it's not easy to find a place for that in where I live. I also need to game on a laptop since I regularly play League in my friend's place, so getting a desktop is out of the question.
May 9, 2017 9:31 AM

Jun 2011
If I only had a PC then yeah I would probably be bored of it.
May 9, 2017 9:33 AM

Sep 2008
You are getting old WRYYY.
May 9, 2017 9:45 AM

Feb 2015
I wonder why OP sounds like his bragging about something... Or is it just me who thinks of it?
May 9, 2017 10:19 AM

Jun 2010
Currently i only play in Smartphone
May 9, 2017 10:20 AM

Jan 2013
Hate it. When I'm at my desk, I feel like working more than playing. It also doesn't have the exclusives I want and I could care less about the novelty indie games.

I consistently average 50-80+ hours a week of PC gaming on Blizzard.net, Emulators, and Steam but only about half of my average hours feel like time well spent.

I also genuinely don't understand how people can watch anime and movies and tv shows at their desk either. Watching something on the couch or in bed is so much more comfy.

May 9, 2017 10:36 AM
Jun 2014
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
Hate it. When I'm at my desk, I feel like working more than playing. It also doesn't have the exclusives I want and I could care less about the novelty indie games.

I consistently average 50-80+ hours a week of PC gaming on Blizzard.net, Emulators, and Steam but only about half of my average hours feel like time well spent.

I also genuinely don't understand how people can watch anime and movies and tv shows at their desk either. Watching something on the couch or in bed is so much more comfy.

PC gamers will say that PC has more and better exclusives than consoles. If that's the case, why can't I think of that many exclusives on PC that match the same quality as Uncharted, Horizon, Killzone and God of War? Quality is what matters, not quantity. I don't even play Overwatch much now. I only binge play it when I'm off for a week.

Drackx said:

Clash Royale :D

_Ako_ said:
I wonder why OP sounds like his bragging about something... Or is it just me who thinks of it?

my pc is made from diamonds
May 9, 2017 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
Not really. I have a lot of PC games I still want to play. And I don't see myself running out of games.
May 9, 2017 11:11 AM

Jun 2010
WRYYY- said:
Drackx said:

Clash Royale :D

Nop, Monster Super League.
May 9, 2017 11:46 AM

Jun 2014
WRYYY- said:

PC gamers will say that PC has more and better exclusives than consoles. If that's the case, why can't I think of that many exclusives on PC that match the same quality as Uncharted, Horizon, Killzone and God of War? Quality is what matters, not quantity. I don't even play Overwatch much now. I only binge play it when I'm off for a week.

There's a bunch of great quality games on pc though, they're just not exclusives.. In fact, most quality pc games end up getting ported into consoles eventually, that's just the nature of the industry... The games that don't end up getting ported were mostly either not popular enough or just couldn't adapt to the control scheme (the case of RTSs and topdown RPGs).
Throw me to the wolves, tomorrow I will come back, leader of the whole pack!

May 9, 2017 11:49 AM

Sep 2012
PC gaming is only boring if are overwhelmed by the insane library and possiblities at your disposal, but you've only got yourself to blame there. Not only are PC exclusives avalaible to you, but the best versión of multiplatforms + emulation from both portable (3DS/DS/GBA/GBC/PSP), home consoles (PS1/PS2/GameCube/Wii/SNES and soon WiiU/PS3) and even arcade games.

Live is much easier if you are a console peasant or a wageslave though, since there is only a fraction of games avalaible to you at a time so is much easier to choose from a smaller selection, even more so in this generation filled with ports, remastered and rehashes.

As an enlightened PC fan, you don't like a game? You can drop it and in the next few hours get another. And another. And another. And another. Be it because of Steam sales within the comfortable places of your room or other methods you can get an overwhelming amount of new ones within minutes and for close to so much as pocket change. If you own a console and you've bought the next AAA reléase and find out is bad? Well, tough luck, either try to enjoy it to evade that sweet, sweet buyers remorse or even if you really like it you have to praise it to high heaven to make your investment seem more worth it than it already is, so yes, if you look at it in that way, you can enjoy games more as a console gamer.
May 9, 2017 12:23 PM

Jan 2015
Just play on whatever you want. Why does everyone have to make it about PC vs consoles?

I am a primary PC gamer with a PS4 for the few exclusives that interest me. Even now, Japan is starting to shift to porting its games to PC. If you like big player bases for AAA games, just get a console m80.
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

May 9, 2017 12:26 PM

Aug 2016
Most "big" games are on pc : league, dota, world of warcraft, csgo, heroes of the storm, ect. Even runescape is still alot more popular then people might think. Point being is that you have plenty of games to chose from.

I like playing a console game with a good story, but paying 50€+ for a game i'm gonna play 2-3 max not so much.

It's true tho that you pretty much need a expensive pc for the more recent games. There a exeptions games like league/wow run just fine on a random laptop.

Sadly if you want to be up to date with each "good" game you need to spend a shit ton of money. The "have all play all" combo is not so doable anymore these day's.
May 9, 2017 12:27 PM
Jun 2014
The funny moment when you have 69 games on steam but you've only actually enjoyed 20 of them.
May 9, 2017 12:28 PM
Jun 2014
Effulgence said:
It's true tho that you pretty much need a expensive pc for the more recent games. For competitive games not so much tbh you can play games like league/wow just fine on a random laptop.

Sadly if you want to be up to date with each "good" game you need to spend a shit ton of money. The "have all play all" combo is not so doable anymore these day's.

Yea people lie man, they say you don't need much to build a good gaming pc but to build a really good pc that's actually worth owning, it can cost you around £800+
May 9, 2017 12:36 PM

Feb 2016
Well, I've mostly played like Counter-Strike Source on PC and have done all my other gaming over the years on PlayStation. Definitely bored pretty much of CSS and such, although I do pop in on occasion and actually plan to play with a friend this summer.

I got a Gaming PC last year though and have been enjoying a few more titles that I can now play on PC. Don't really see boredom in my future.

Although, I do get bored of games in general sometimes and take a break for a month or two. Usually when I stumble upon some title that heavily catches my interest, it draws me out of the break. I just finished Horizon Zero Dawn the other day on PS4 and trying to figure what to play next, I had planned to play The Witcher III but with Tekken 7 next month, I don't want to be caught up in another title when it hits. So I'm looking at my shorter games.

I guess I can see you getting bored though if you only have one platform and don't play a wide variety of games.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
May 9, 2017 5:17 PM

Jan 2013
I've never really been into western games, and the japanese rarely make pc games unless it's a console port. My pc is just a glorified shitposting station most days. So yeah I guess it's not that it's boring to me, since it's hard to get bored of something that's not interesting to me in the first place.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 9, 2017 5:42 PM

May 2012
Console > PC always has been. PCs look "pretty" and they're easy to mod the modding is a double edge sword that is fine for single players, but plagues multiplayer games. The non-standardize hardware also creates an advantage for people with the best rig and if you don't want to spend a fortune continuously upgrading then well the graphics aren't really better than the console. There comes a point where graphics hit the point of triviality and if you're just stock gaming and not getting any graphical mods a lot of games are going to look more or less the same on pc vs console. There's also the argument of framerate, but most of the time people who claim to feel the framerate aren't actually seeing the difference between 30fps and 60fps they're feeling input lag which human reacton time isn't even that quick it's a prediction thing 16.6ms vs 33.3ms which it's that prediction that makes our reaction times seem like it's matters, think baseball at a professional level, the batter must swing decide to swing before the ball is actually thrown in order to a fastball due to reaction times, but that's not how it appears to the eye. In all technicality the eye can see upto 1000fps, but the actual significant fps to the human eye is only about 20fps which is below the standard for gaming and that's when the actual fps affects actual human reaction time after the moment of actual perception.

tl;dr Console > PC
May 9, 2017 5:48 PM

Sep 2013
woahhhh. I guess some people like video games, and some other people dont like video games, and some people can live without a computer. Revelations 2017 has changed my life. I guess I'll stick with using my memebook machine instead, because gaming is dead.

qqweeaboo.
May 9, 2017 6:46 PM

Oct 2014
This better not be a "PC gaming sucks" thread in disguise. But those of you who agree with the OP at least gave decent answers instead of "peasant logic", so I'll give you all credit for that.

Personally, no. PC is my platform of choice. While it isn't exactly cheap, I prefer it for the options. I can play at my desk or my big screen TV, play with a controller or mouse and keyboard and the PC platform is the only one that can play ALL genre of games ever made. Bad PC ports are a pain but they are becoming a rarity. If they're common, why would a bad port make such headlines on gaming news media? But yeah, I would rather not have to deal with that if I had a choice.

As for exclusives, I have a PS4 and Vita, so I'm covered. Not that I think any of those exclusives are super great anyway, even the ones that you mentioned. My favorite games all happened to be multiplatform or PC exclusives. In fact, those PS4 exclusives can be associated with what's wrong with the gaming community (topic for another day).

I also don't get the "consoles don't have to upgrade" comment some gamers say. What do you call buying a new console each generation then?
Khaosman-OSAMay 9, 2017 10:48 PM
May 9, 2017 10:32 PM

Sep 2014
I'm not necessarily bored with PC gaming, but I stopped playing PC for about 4 months now. After the release of Nier Automata, which I bought for the PS4. I kinda just shifted my time towards the PS4 more. Not to mention Persona 5 is still eating away at my time even til now. I wasn't that heavy into PC gaming anyways, mostly cause my GPU is shit, but even if I could probably have 2 titan sli's, I'll still game on the PS4 mostly because I want to support the Physical Games industry. The day that dies, is the day I will stop buying a console (Unless Persona 6 is another PS Exclusive)

Khaosman-ADVENT said:

In fact, those PS4 exclusives can be associated with what's wrong with the gaming community (topic for another day).

Please elaborate.
ElegadeMay 9, 2017 10:46 PM
May 10, 2017 3:15 AM

Oct 2014
Elegade said:

Khaosman-ADVENT said:

In fact, those PS4 exclusives can be associated with what's wrong with the gaming community (topic for another day).

Please elaborate.

I could but I would have to make a new thread to do that as it is completely off-topic here. A lot to say about it.

But if you were wondering, it's not because I think those exclusives are bad games. Sure, I don't like them THAT much but that doesn't mean I think they're crap games. Same goes for Xbox exclusives like Halo for example.
May 10, 2017 3:25 AM

Feb 2012
I really don't like what steam did to pc-gaming and have no interest in ports of new games. PC is my old games machine. I currently play Starcraft and some Star Wars games with it.
May 10, 2017 3:32 AM

Jun 2011
Effulgence said:
Most "big" games are on pc : league, dota, world of warcraft, csgo, heroes of the storm, ect. Even runescape is still alot more popular then people might think. Point being is that you have plenty of games to chose from.

All those games are garbage though.
May 10, 2017 3:46 AM

Aug 2012
It's console master race for me either way. Steam can smd
May 10, 2017 3:49 AM

Jul 2013
I'm not a huge gamer, but I miss playing on some of the older consoles, specifically the ps2. Might crack it out and play the jak series.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

May 10, 2017 3:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well other than RPGs I mostly play strategy games, and those basically don't exist on other platforms than PC to begin with anyway (and would be horrible to play without a keyboard so go figure). So no I don't really care about consoles much. I also really hate using controllers in general, and my computer is basically free despite having high specs, courtesy of my dad's workplace. So in my case it's kind of a given that I would stay PC only
May 10, 2017 3:53 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Most games I play are only really available on PC to begin with, so...it'd be difficult to get tired of it. So my answer is no.

May 10, 2017 3:56 AM

Jun 2014
Anime > Games.

Though, not much of a PC Gamer. I usually stick to my PS Vita, PS4, Xbox One and soon a Japanese 3DS.
May 10, 2017 3:56 AM

Jun 2014
Anime > Games.

Though, not much of a PC Gamer. I usually stick to my PS Vita, PS4, Xbox One and soon a Japanese 3DS.
May 10, 2017 3:58 AM

Sep 2016
Now that you mention it, it looks like I've grown quite bored of it.
I used to be addicted to Blizzard game but now I think they all suck. Used to play FFXIV, but it took too much of my time so I stopped.
The only thing I still play on PC is Dark Souls 2/3, with a controller. And sometimes LoL, with a couple of friends, but it's not an enjoyable experience.

I've almost got enough money put aside to get a Ps4 for Bloodborne and Persona. Then, I'll consider a PS Vita.
May 10, 2017 4:19 AM

Sep 2014
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
Elegade said:

Please elaborate.

I could but I would have to make a new thread to do that as it is completely off-topic here. A lot to say about it.

But if you were wondering, it's not because I think those exclusives are bad games. Sure, I don't like them THAT much but that doesn't mean I think they're crap games. Same goes for Xbox exclusives like Halo for example.

I don't care about what you think of the games, I want to know why you think Exclusives in general make the gaming the gaming community bad.
ElegadeMay 10, 2017 4:23 AM
May 10, 2017 4:31 AM

Nov 2014
I sometimes get bored of gaming as a whole and take a break.
But specific hardware? How does it even work? I mean, I sometimes connect my PC to big screen and play with controller from my bed. If I get bored of it does it mean I got bored of PC or console gaming?
May 10, 2017 4:33 AM

Sep 2016
Terkhev said:
But specific hardware? How does it even work? I mean, I sometimes connect my PC to big screen and play with controller from my bed. If I get bored of it does it mean I got bored of PC or console gaming?

I interpret PC gaming as anything that plays with mouse and/or keyboard but I might be wrong.
May 10, 2017 4:45 AM

Sep 2012
Rasheed said:
console master race

There is something seriously wrong with this sentence.
May 10, 2017 5:43 AM

Oct 2014
Elegade said:

I don't care about what you think of the games, I want to know why you think Exclusives in general make the gaming the gaming community bad.

Very well. In short form, I believe that the practice of exclusives made a large portion of the gaming community impatient, whiny, hypocritical, thin-skinned, elitist and entitled fanboys with low expectations. One example, you remember the first Bayonetta? Depending on who you ask, some would call it one of the greatest hack-and-slash games of all time. But when Bayonetta was finally released on Steam, you know what many console elitists called it? "Leftovers." They called what is supposedly a great game "leftovers" because it is apparently a bad thing to be happy that more people can finally play the game. And here's the irony, those people were probably cursing Nintendo for making Bayonetta 2 a Wii U-exclusive. Is it really that important for games to be locked to a certain platform just so you can gloat at others? For me, it isn't. When XCOM 2 was a PC-exclusive, I was actually disappointed consoles gamers couldn't play it because it means a great game would have less coverage. When it finally released on Xbox One and the PS4 in September last year, I didn't mock anyone. Instead, I went about telling console gamers what to expect without spoiling the game and gave a few tips regarding enemies etc. I didn't have to do it but a number of console gamers on the XCOM's Facebook page still thanked me for that.

How about one more? I feel like exclusives are making people......not demand more? Best way I could put it is that a lot of gamers are liking exclusives just because they're exclusives and they're not willing to point out flaws or shortcomings in said exclusive games. Take Horizon: Zero Dawn, it's currently considered the "Best New IP" in years and it's probably not unfair. It IS actually a solid game all around. But is it wrong to ask for more? Because you see, I find a lot of people likening Horizon to a cross between Skyrim and Far Cry or maybe even add The Witcher 3 to the mix. WHY?! Why do you have to be happy that it looks and feels like 3 other games when it should have been none of them? Bioshock is Bioshock. No game looks like it. Mass Effect is Mass Effect, it looks like a lot of sci-fi games and movies but you don't hear anyone calling Mass Effect a cross between this and that. And there's the gameplay, which is everything we've seen before; track something, hunt this thing, hide in grass, wait for dumb enemy AI to stop looking for you. It is cool to call COD repetitive but not an exclusive game, is it? I'm all for well-made games with high production values but I think it's way past time that devs actually innovate on older game mechanics or introduce new ones. And this isn't just about exclusives, to be fair. Even multiplatform games desperately need something new.

That's just two I'll talk about, I can actually say A LOT MORE. If anyone has a rebuttal or disagreement, I'm willing to hear it.
May 10, 2017 6:18 AM

Jan 2013
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
Elegade said:

Very well. In short form, I believe that the practice of exclusives made a large portion of the gaming community impatient, whiny, hypocritical, thin-skinned, elitist and entitled fanboys with low expectations. One example, you remember the first Bayonetta? Depending on who you ask, some would call it one of the greatest hack-and-slash games of all time. But when Bayonetta was finally released on Steam, you know what many console elitists called it? "Leftovers." They called what is supposedly a great game "leftovers" because it is apparently a bad thing to be happy that more people can finally play the game. And here's the irony, those people were probably cursing Nintendo for making Bayonetta 2 a Wii U-exclusive. Is it really that important for games to be locked to a certain platform just so you can gloat at others? For me, it isn't. When XCOM 2 was a PC-exclusive, I was actually disappointed consoles gamers couldn't play it because it means a great game would have less coverage. When it finally released on Xbox One and the PS4 in September last year, I didn't mock anyone. Instead, I went about telling console gamers what to expect without spoiling the game and gave a few tips regarding enemies etc. I didn't have to do it but a number of console gamers on the XCOM's Facebook page still thanked me for that.
This is more of a problem with the community than gaming itself. And tbh, who cares about what the community thinks.

How about one more? I feel like exclusives are making people......not demand more? Best way I could put it is that a lot of gamers are liking exclusives just because they're exclusives and they're not willing to point out flaws or shortcomings in said exclusive games. Take Horizon: Zero Dawn, it's currently considered the "Best New IP" in years and it's probably not unfair. It IS actually a solid game all around. But is it wrong to ask for more? Because you see, I find a lot of people likening Horizon to a cross between Skyrim and Far Cry or maybe even add The Witcher 3 to the mix. WHY?! Why do you have to be happy that it looks and feels like 3 other games when it should have been none of them? Bioshock is Bioshock. No game looks like it. Mass Effect is Mass Effect, it looks like a lot of sci-fi games and movies but you don't hear anyone calling Mass Effect a cross between this and that. And there's the gameplay, which is everything we've seen before; track something, hunt this thing, hide in grass, wait for dumb enemy AI to stop looking for you. It is cool to call COD repetitive but not an exclusive game, is it? I'm all for well-made games with high production values but I think it's way past time that devs actually innovate on older game mechanics or introduce new ones. And this isn't just about exclusives, to be fair. Even multiplatform games desperately need something new.

That's just two I'll talk about, I can actually say A LOT MORE. If anyone has a rebuttal or disagreement, I'm willing to hear it.
This is more of a problem with triple AAA development than exclusives imo.

And as far as I'm concerned, exclusives are good for gaming.

Platform publishers want consumers to go "I can only get X if I buy this platform" rather than "Why should I buy X when I have Y that does the same thing" so they encourage studios to make very unique games that you really can't find on other platforms.

For example, when FromSoftware made a deal with Sony, they created an exclusive that would mangle the Souls formula and turn it into a combat system that focused on aggressive, drastic combat, rather than cautious, safe gameplay. They also went from a medieval dark fantasy setting to a Victorian setting complete with Lovecraftian themes, visuals, and monsters that you just don't see in many games nowadays.

And it doesn't take much to understand that unique games are good.

I have a job so I don't mind buying consoles and upgrading my PC. I just care about the games.
PeenusWeenusCaimMay 10, 2017 8:19 AM
May 10, 2017 7:06 AM

Sep 2012
Not bored per say, but I have started to find that I don't want to play single player titles that much on PC nowadays. Only single player game I played in the last year on PC was Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Still play lots of multiplayer stuff with friends; R6 Seige and FFXIV in particular this last year. But for single player stuff I've mostly been using my 3DS and PS4.
May 10, 2017 7:06 AM

Oct 2014
@PeenusWeenusCaim Yeah, that was the point of the comment. I was specifically talking about some members of the community's attitude to exclusives, not all of gaming in general. Sure, we don't have to listen to a bunch of morons whinging about......well, everything. But devs and publishing companies do listen to everything gamers say. Apparently, they even take Metacritic seriously. LOL, Metacritic!!! As for game development, yes, I agree. That's why I added the side-note about multiplatform AAA games also suffering from said problems. However, I point my finger at exclusives because they tend to be the most talked about or hyped games. Plus, they're almost usually exempt from criticism, by fanboys anyway.

Microsoft sure as hell are not doing their part when it comes to providing competition in the exclusives market. It's like Sony is running riot in 2017 with Nintendo in tow and there's nothing Microsoft can do to stop it for now. And I don't think the release of the Scorpio is going to change things that much.
May 10, 2017 8:49 AM

Jan 2013
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
@PeenusWeenusCaim Yeah, that was the point of the comment. I was specifically talking about some members of the community's attitude to exclusives, not all of gaming in general. Sure, we don't have to listen to a bunch of morons whinging about......well, everything. But devs and publishing companies do listen to everything gamers say. Apparently, they even take Metacritic seriously. LOL, Metacritic!!! As for game development, yes, I agree. That's why I added the side-note about multiplatform AAA games also suffering from said problems. However, I point my finger at exclusives because they tend to be the most talked about or hyped games. Plus, they're almost usually exempt from criticism, by fanboys anyway.

Microsoft sure as hell are not doing their part when it comes to providing competition in the exclusives market. It's like Sony is running riot in 2017 with Nintendo in tow and there's nothing Microsoft can do to stop it for now. And I don't think the release of the Scorpio is going to change things that much.
I just want the 2000s to come back. It was great how every platform felt unique because of their estensive library of worth-it exclusives.

There was something special about starting the day with Jet Set Radio Future on the Xbox, hitting a few levels of Super Mario Sunshine in the afternoon on the Gamecube, and then ending the day with a session of Diablo 2 on PC.

The 90s won't be missed though. The transition from 2D to 3D for consoles was weird, and I can't imagine PC gaming in a timeline without USB ports.
PeenusWeenusCaimMay 10, 2017 9:02 AM
May 10, 2017 8:53 AM

May 2017
If anything, I think it's more underrated if nothing else. PC gaming has more of an old-school feel towards it. I haven't played PC gaming in years, and already I miss it. Feel proud that people are still playing it if nothing else.
May 10, 2017 12:55 PM
Jun 2014
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
One example, you remember the first Bayonetta? Depending on who you ask, some would call it one of the greatest hack-and-slash games of all time. But when Bayonetta was finally released on Steam, you know what many console elitists called it? "Leftovers."

Do you remember what Syndrome said when Mr Incredible wanted to seek forgiveness from him? "Too late! 15 years too late!" I platinumed Bayonetta 7 years ago lol. I feel sorry for those who waited this long just to play the damn game.
May 10, 2017 1:05 PM

Nov 2008
WRYYY- said:
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
One example, you remember the first Bayonetta? Depending on who you ask, some would call it one of the greatest hack-and-slash games of all time. But when Bayonetta was finally released on Steam, you know what many console elitists called it? "Leftovers."

Do you remember what Syndrome said when Mr Incredible wanted to seek forgiveness from him? "Too late! 15 years too late!" I platinumed Bayonetta 7 years ago lol. I feel sorry for those who waited this long just to play the damn game.
Don't feel sorry for me. I didn't even think it was that good when I played it for the first time last month. Afterwards, I replayed Devil May Cry 3, which is still the best hack and slasher. Bayonetta has too much Platinum crap. Most of these console exclusives the console people like to brag about are overrated. I'm fine with multiplatform games.
EzekielMay 10, 2017 1:12 PM

May 10, 2017 1:33 PM
Jun 2014
Ezekiel said:
WRYYY- said:

Don't feel sorry for me. I didn't even think it was that good when I played it for the first time last month. Afterwards, I replayed Devil May Cry 3, which is still the best hack and slasher. Bayonetta has too much Platinum crap. Most of these console exclusives the console people like to brag about are overrated. I'm fine with multiplatform games.

Bayonetta is what Devil May Cry 5 should of been but Capcom basically killed the whole franchise. I've given up on Devil May Cry for now. Shit, capcom have fucked up most of their flagship games now.
May 10, 2017 1:45 PM

Sep 2014
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
Elegade said:

What is the difference between Consoles users being moronic about their exclusives vs PC Heil Hitlers talking about their specs, or PS 4 PRO vs XBOX Scorpio measuring dick sizes? If anything, talking smack about each others exclusives is the least most idiotic thing a fanboy can do. We're gamers, the only thing we should be flexing about is the games on our platform. Instead its more like, I can run X GAME at 90k 7000 fps. That is also why the developers and publishers can't have any wiggle room when making games. They see the asshats of our platform (the loudest), regardless whether it be PC, Xbox, Ps4, and think that if the game looks prettier, it will sell more. Exclusives are necessary to us the consumers, without it, no matter how good steam is, or how much we like PSN. If they're the only way to get games, they will gouge the fuck out of you.

Khaosman-ADVENT said:

If you look at the price tag of games, you'd fully understand why developers cannot stray from what the consumers knows. A lot of games all look the same, even newer ones because, if they took the risk, there is a high probability of them going bankrupt, with just that one game. As the head of a company, and investor, or an employee, no one wants that, that is why every AAA game will feel the same for the time being unless the figure out to cut the video game development costs. Consumers not wanting more is debatable. In HZD case, everyone wanted to hunt fucking robot dinosaurs (idk why) ask VGchartz community about that, I don't get it either.

May 10, 2017 2:26 PM

Apr 2014
Terkhev said:

It's just a "consoles are better" thread in disguise.

If OP was serious, being bored of games means being bored of games. You can seriously find any kind of game on any platform. Exclusives doesn't mean the game doesn't have a likewise sort of game on another version. And as many people pointed out, there's many good games that are just ported both ways because of the market player base. Steam just has an insane library in comparison because of how much less money it costs to ship a game versus a console copy, which usually includes a physical portion. Which requires more effort for Steam users to find a particular game. Console games create a lot of buzz around them because there are far less of them. But I bet you didn't hear about the 10 games that just released on Steam as I was typing this. Course you didn't. Because the list is constantly growing. And of course that opens the door for more shitty games. But it also grows the amount of games you would find appealing.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

523 by lcee_15 »»
1 hour ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
3 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.