Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 1, 2017 10:44 AM

Jul 2016
Meh...

Pretty crazy graphics, underwhelming fights throughout most of the series (with a flew glorious fights, which involved Humans VS Humans) and a lack of adventure.

I would say that I preferred the Anime over the game for Season 1. Season 2, I preferred the game over the Anime.

It had potentials, but they wasted too much time on irrelevant stuff and lacked of focus (Eizen arc could have been amazing).

May 1, 2017 8:18 PM

Mar 2012
Having played the game, at the end of S1 I was excited for S2. Now that this wrapped up...

I honestly always thought Zestiria as a game just needed better execution. And S1 showed us how Zestiria could've been possibly the best Tales--by slowing down the plot, giving more thought and time to building the world, and fleshing out character interactions. If Zestiria the anime had gone for 50 episodes, I will actually recommend people to just watch the anime and not play the game.

But S2 came and reminded us why Namco will never make the perfect Tales--because it's never willing to make a long term play to get the right quality. Given the pacing of S1, there was really no winning for S2. There was just too much story, so it had to be rushed, and this was very obvious. Which is a real, real shame because Zestiria the anime could've been something special.

I would still say that the ending of anime is better than ending of the game though. Sorey with the final costume looked amazing, and the fact that they let us know what happened with the characters after the final battle was good too (the game's ending gave brief glimpses but very few clues).

If only Namco could just make one Tales right...
May 1, 2017 11:43 PM

Oct 2012
The ending didn't feel well placed imo, I didn't really enjoy this season as much as the first, and the only reason I found the ending satisfying (tho not very), was because of the weird routes they took at the end. Like I saw Rose and Alisha were BFFs, but now Yuri lovers? Interesting development but I like it, though I am a bit bitter since I'd been hoping for Sorey x Alisha. Alisha's new design was meh, Rose's was a step up imo, except for the fact that I legitimately confused her for Luke from TotA in one scene with the way they drew her.
It was cute to see them acting like a married couple but there was just a lot I would have wished to see more of.

So yeah weird yuri shipping that I'm not against at all, somewhat disappointing progression and finale overall. It was okay, and I appreciate the added focus on Alisha at least but the show lacked some much needed polish
gust11May 1, 2017 11:53 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 2, 2017 12:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I don´t like this second season, and i do´t like this last episode, very, very, very secular!!
a new transformation...the hero gives his life for the world ... all we be happy .... and.. and... and return to the hero...

5/10
May 2, 2017 4:14 AM

Dec 2012
I expected Sorey to sacrifice himself, but I liked how they showed us the life without him. Even if the world seems better, Lailah formed another Shepard. Alisha and Rose continued to live their lives.
The last scene with Mikleo was great. Even in the future, Mikleo was still waiting for him :).

Nice second season, I don't know which one I preferred.
May 2, 2017 4:50 AM

Apr 2015
1. Why is there a new shepherd?
2. Rose and Alisha... Yuri coupling?!
May 2, 2017 12:34 PM

Apr 2010
Didn't think they could make the adaptation worse than the game, but they managed to do it.
May 2, 2017 2:15 PM

Jun 2013
nice insert song and awesome visuals as usual overall not a bad ending
May 2, 2017 8:53 PM

Jan 2013
i will say...the first 5 minutes was awesome

the epilogue was at least more satisfying than the game's...especially long hair Rose and the fact that Eizen AND Jiji LIVES!!

still shocked that Maltran isnt turned into a villain in this
May 3, 2017 12:53 AM

May 2010
Hated this season. But that was a nice ending. 6/10.
Cant believe I got to see Alisha queen and long haired Rose.
Sorey x Mikleo forever lol.
May 3, 2017 2:10 AM

Nov 2014
SkyLETV said:
OMG Rose O.O and Alisha looked beautiful too. RIP my AlishaxSoreyxRose but Damn it, now I want more Alisha x Rose :'(

I really liked S1 but this S2 was so disappointing and what a shitty ending.....the animation and OST were great tho.
basically
mizukasa said:
Aika said:

You'll understand when you're older

Nah, I'm not buying that shit. Just think what the Ladylake people will think if they found out that Alisha is into yuri.
Nooooooo.... all hopes of ships involving Sorey (excluding SoreyxMikleo lol) have sunk. All we got to see was Alisha, the queen, has probably become a yuri 😰

Besides that, I did enjoy watching the fight scenes
May 3, 2017 3:00 AM

Nov 2014
SympathyRS said:
mizukasa said:

Nah, I'm not buying that shit. Just think what the Ladylake people will think if they found out that Alisha is into yuri.
Nooooooo.... all hopes of ships involving Sorey (excluding SoreyxMikleo lol) have sunk. All we got to see was Alisha, the queen, has probably become a yuri 😰

Who said I'm shipping her with Sorey? I'd rather ship her with Doran than watch cringy girls-love happen.
May 3, 2017 9:10 AM

Sep 2013
WHAT??????? There's a huge time-skip ??? But the most important question--- Who did Rose and queen Alishia hooked up with????
Anathor said:
ZBlastHistory said:

Centuries? but Alisha and Rose are not grany
did i forgot some detail?

There are two time skips in the anime (in the game too but let's leave that aside). The first with Alisha and Rose, which I suppose took place 2-3 years after the fight. Then there is Mikleo and Sorey's which is definitely centures/millennia after the fight (look at the buildings when they fly).
May 3, 2017 10:36 AM

Dec 2014
rinneganfire4u said:
WHAT??????? There's a huge time-skip ??? But the most important question--- Who did Rose and queen Alishia hooked up with????
Anathor said:

There are two time skips in the anime (in the game too but let's leave that aside). The first with Alisha and Rose, which I suppose took place 2-3 years after the fight. Then there is Mikleo and Sorey's which is definitely centures/millennia after the fight (look at the buildings when they fly).

Sergei x Alishia and Rose x Aiguille.
Nah there are no official relationships, although the yuri ending wasn't bad.
May 3, 2017 4:46 PM

Jun 2011
You can definitely tell that this was adapted from a game by the way the story progressed and the character interactions.. this is an example that a studio should never adapt 1:1 from another medium to anime, be it LN, game, or even manga. There should be a sufficient level of adaptability for the change, people look for different things in a game and in an anime. This anime was a total bore.

One of the reviewers actually share the same thought as me, not all but mostly, he puts it pretty well
- Messy writing
- Horrendous pacing
- Choppy scene transitions
- Gives the audience very little reason to care
- Very little screentime for the main protagonist

Even then, I don't really care much about having more screen time for Sorey, since based on the writing of the series, it's still incapable of making Sorey better by giving him more screen time. The character is by far the weakest link of this series, and it seems like I am not the only one who think so. I thought Sorey and Miklae would turn out to be a rather fun duo to follow throughout this journey, but sadly I was so wrong.. Sorey turned out to be so freakin boring ever since he became a Shepherd, like his craving for adventure just dissipate into the air, dude's just not the same until the very end where it seems like he has regained his old self, but it didn't matter no more. Miklae basically stayed the same as he was LOL, dude barely changed except for a new hair. Glad it ended with the bromance though.

It's just sad that while the first season was more story focused, and the second season was more character focused, it still failed to make any of the characters interesting, maybe except for that green haired dude wearing hat who, well.. died.

The character interaction was almost nonexistent here.. when there's a conversation between the main characters, it'd either be a question about the plot, or an explanation/exposition for the plot, there's barely any.. you know, more humane interaction between any of the characters..

It also doesn't help that this is apparently the weakest story out of all the Tales games. It was a chore to go through the series.

Oh yeah, the random episode in the middle of the first season too, that was crap.. like why do you put the focus away from the protagonist of the series and focus on a character we knew nothing about for the entire episode.. thinking that'd do wonder to get the interest of the audience? Yeah, the staffs did a piss poor job at catching the viewers interest with this series. Good looking art but wasted on a story which is basically to eliminate the "bad aura/malevolence" from the negative emotions that people let out, basically everyday.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 3, 2017 10:22 PM

Aug 2013
I think the second season was a bit of a let down overall.

It seemed like every episode fit together really weird, and they were just gonna goin round town to town doing random disjointed shit, until it basically threw the entire plot towards the end. Also filled with shit loads of moments where Sorey is watching violence unfold in front of him and he's still like "wait, stop we cant kill people!" Went from "oh, something is under a church", to "oh a tornado is gonna hit Ladylake...oh wait, time to fight the Lord of Calamity".

I actually thought the end was alright. The fight scene was a pretty big let down. Hell, ufotable really didn't present anything noteworthy in this entire anime when talking about fight scenes. But, they did dedicate a very large chunk of time to the epilogue which is something you don't see very often.

If this were any other anime, it would've been:
- end song playing
- still frames from some of the scenes we saw, or very very brief character interactions where there is no dialogue; you just see them talking or motioning for 2 seconds while the music plays
- Mikleo would've heard Sorey's voice, and right when he "finds him" smiles and then the screen fades to white, cue ending

I liked that we got full scenes with characters. Zaveid and Edna, and her brother is now a dragon not filled with malevolence. I especially enjoyed the scenes with Alisha and Rose...that was some low-key shipping going on there. Lailah's scene was a little weird, but at least she got screen time.

I will say, I definitely would've preferred if when Sorey woke up and met with Mikleo he would've met with all of the other Seraphs too (I'm sure they would've liked to see him), but I am thankful we at least got what we got since that's more than expected.

Idk if anybody can confirm this for me or not since idk how the ending compares to the game, but that final scene, did it take place even longer after the scene with Alisha and Rose? Because my initial reaction was like "well, I'm sure Rose and Alisha definitely want to fuckin see him, years have probably passed", but after seeing how super long Mibo's hair was, and all those sci-fi futuristic looking skyscrapers in towns when he was flying at the very end, it made me think that maybe the very end there happened a shit load further into the future and that Alisha, Rose, Sergei etc have been long gone? Or were those maybe just cities that already were like that but he had never seen before because they weren't a part of his journey?
May 4, 2017 7:27 AM
Dec 2009
I am so happy its finally over F**k I waited after a month to watch the last episode and I was impatient, I really hated Zestiria for going on for long time since the game was released I'm so glad this last episode marks the end of Zestiria for good
May 4, 2017 10:03 PM

Feb 2014
Can't come to really like this anime.

At least I got to see Alisha and Rose all sweet with each other at the end.

Both seasons didn't please me, the second was less boring, though.
TechOtakuMay 4, 2017 10:09 PM
May 5, 2017 10:21 AM

Feb 2008
I have forgotten way too much about second season that it is hard to come out with a end of season review. It gets a 6/10 from me, because of astonishing visuals, great voice acting, and a premise that captivated me. In the end, the execution failed to deliver a proper pace to the series, and things got way too rushed.

A little way-too-happy final episode for me. I know people don't like her too much, but Alisha is my favorite character from the series. Ufotable once again proving that they can animate, and very well. Enjoyed the two seasons.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
May 5, 2017 10:35 AM
Mar 2016
I've not played the games at all, I didn't even know it was a game until I saw the trailer for the anime and looked into it. Watching the anime it's very game orientated which makes sense, obviously.

What I wanna know is the very end it says "The Shepherds Journey Continues". Does that mean there's going to be more of the anime? I'm not sure how the game ended but I'm guessing The Lord of Calamity was the final boss.. Does anyone think Ufotable will bring another season of it? Maybe an original story line?

I only ask because the ending makes a lot of sense for game but not much sense for an anime. It's just left open ended. Like does Sorey go see Alisha and Rose? What about Edna's brother? Still gotta purify him even though he's not exactly full of malevolence anymore. Lailah is with another Shepherd by the looks of it? We were never told there could be 2 Shepherds at once so that's something that would warrant some explanation at least. I know it's probably not likely to get a continuation in anime form but is there a chance? I really enjoyed it but the ending? It didn't live up to the rest of the anime in my opinion unless there is gonna be a sequel..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2017 8:02 PM

Oct 2008
All is well that ends well!
oh that was a gayish hug!
A bit mature/older Alisha & Rose still much hotter!
4/5.
7/10.
matias067May 5, 2017 8:20 PM

May 8, 2017 7:02 AM

Nov 2011
Finally finished this. I wasn't impressed by the battle tbh at the end. Was expecting more. However, the episode did a decent job at showing the aftermath of the story.

I haven't gotten this far yet in the game so I'll have to see how it fits myself soon. Rose looks great w/long hair btw.
May 8, 2017 9:02 AM

Apr 2015
I will gladly accept the yuri ending..
because personally don't want alisha or rose, especially alisha to end up with someone other than sorey..

overall the anime adaptation is not quite bad. just a bit rush i think.

i forget to mention that rose and alisha looked more beautiful after the time skip..

this is just my theory,
if sorey became a seraphim or somewhat partial immortal
rose and alisha could be a seraphim right?
because both of them are sorey squire..

if, IF there'e an OVA i wish they would meet again..
May 13, 2017 10:25 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This ending left me feeling pretty empty. Sure, Sorey's sacrifice was noble, but it kills me to see that was the last time he's ever see Rose and Alisha again.

I was hoping he'd return after the first time skip of a few years, that would've been a lot better.

Seeing a new shepard was like them rubbing salt in the wound.

Overall, I've always loved the world of Tales, but this really fell short of my expectations. I enjoyed the cast for the most part, and they deserved a better story than this. Still, it was fun watching this for the past year. The visuals were just gorgeous. However, there is too much that wasn't left to be desired, specifically in relationships. You could see how wet Alisha and Rose were for Sorey.

6/10
May 14, 2017 5:37 PM

Jul 2016
So sorey were back and reunite with mikleo when alisha and rose have dead??

Let's do some amazing moves dude!
May 15, 2017 9:11 AM
Jul 2008
I just watched Twin Star Exorcists before watching this. They have same theme but I enjoyed Twin Star Exorcists more.

Like many have said, this is the weakest Tales Series. Probably because the weak characters development?
At one time we have Lailah actively engaging in conversation, and after a while it seems the anime forgot about her. Same with Edna and Mikleo.

I thought the start was good, Sorey and Mikleo has really good chemistry but after Sorey became a shepherd, he seems to forget his best friend. Mikleo got sidelined.
There're some interesting character like Symonne, I'm curious about her story with Heldaf. Not to mention about Lunarre, his actions were really questionable, he's not necessary to the story at all.

The final fight is really boring, and the ending is not satisfying.

I have 2 questions:
1. People still cannot see the Seraph even though they already believe in them?
2. Seraph does not need to eat but we see some eat like Mikleo and Edna. Where does the food go? Do they poop?

Todd_ said:
This ending left me feeling pretty empty. Sure, Sorey's sacrifice was noble, but it kills me to see that was the last time he's ever see Rose and Alisha again.

I was hoping he'd return after the first time skip of a few years, that would've been a lot better.

Overall, I've always loved the world of Tales, but this really fell short of my expectations. I enjoyed the cast for the most part, and they deserved a better story than this. Still, it was fun watching this for the past year. The visuals were just gorgeous. However, there is too much that wasn't left to be desired, specifically in relationships. You could see how wet Alisha and Rose were for Sorey.

6/10

The characters are not really interesting in this Tales, except Edna. She's quite interesting but not explored enough, I like her interaction with Mibo.
Meanwhile, I like Magilou and Velvet even if they're only in two episodes. I read somewhere that the staff have problem with the character designer, that's the reason the characters feel flat?

It's sad that the 20th Tales Anniversary is the weakest Tales of all(my opinion).

bakamel said:

Sorey was back after few centuries. You can read the previous page post by Anathor
May 15, 2017 2:55 PM

Jul 2016
LeonLanford said:
I just watched Twin Star Exorcists before watching this. They have same theme but I enjoyed Twin Star Exorcists more.

Like many have said, this is the weakest Tales Series. Probably because the weak characters development?
At one time we have Lailah actively engaging in conversation, and after a while it seems the anime forgot about her. Same with Edna and Mikleo.

I thought the start was good, Sorey and Mikleo has really good chemistry but after Sorey became a shepherd, he seems to forget his best friend. Mikleo got sidelined.
There're some interesting character like Symonne, I'm curious about her story with Heldaf. Not to mention about Lunarre, his actions were really questionable, he's not necessary to the story at all.

The final fight is really boring, and the ending is not satisfying.

I have 2 questions:
1. People still cannot see the Seraph even though they already believe in them?
2. Seraph does not need to eat but we see some eat like Mikleo and Edna. Where does the food go? Do they poop?

Todd_ said:

6/10

The characters are not really interesting in this Tales, except Edna. She's quite interesting but not explored enough, I like her interaction with Mibo.
Meanwhile, I like Magilou and Velvet even if they're only in two episodes. I read somewhere that the staff have problem with the character designer, that's the reason the characters feel flat?

It's sad that the 20th Tales Anniversary is the weakest Tales of all(my opinion).

bakamel said:

Sorey was back after few centuries. You can read the previous page post by Anathor

So rose and alisha sure have died(?)

Let's do some amazing moves dude!
May 15, 2017 5:50 PM
May 2008
That was really terrible and I wish I could give it more than 6/10 but I can't. I thought Sorey and Alisha had good chemistry but instead they gave us yuri or whatever they tried to pull.
I think a much better ending would be if Sorey met with the Seraphs he was traveling with instead of only Mikleo.
The animation was really nice and it's probably the reason I'm giving it a 6 instead of 5.
The story was good in season 1 but it started going downhill in season 2. The ending killed any hopes I had for a good ending.
May 17, 2017 6:58 PM

Sep 2011
Man this ending was awful. They deviated too far from the source and the story and pacing suffered severely for it. If this episode had anything going for it it would be the final shot. That shot was incredible.
May 17, 2017 11:38 PM

Jul 2015
Well despite the happy ending, I am sad. Since S1, I'd been waiting for my Sorey x Alisha ship to go cannon, but it still never happened... and it never will bc apparently both Alisha and Rose r dead cuz centuries have past or smtin.. Wow so they weren't even able to meet with Sorey after he comes back WELPPPP that makes me sad.

Overall, it was okay. Got a bit weird tho. I think season 1 might've been better, but for now, I'll leave this with a 7/10 (might drop to a 6 we'll see).

caught in the wonder
May 19, 2017 1:54 PM

Feb 2017
That was strange ending. I don't even feel that this ending is happy, and i was so confused about that second seraph Laylah was talking with, she literally found new seraph after short time (but was it short?). And i've been waiting for Sorey and Alisha ship but i don't really care about that one actually. Ending gave me more questions than i've got answers, 7\10 but it may change.

May 21, 2017 1:04 PM

Dec 2008
Ok, since I've finally watched it all to the end, I have something to say about it.
First of all, I really wanted to play any tales game since I've first saw tales of anime, but I didn't have chance. Zestiria seemed to look nice after few episodes, so I've bought it for ps4 and really liked it (it has few flaws, but for me it was enjoyable regardless), even got platinum. But because of that I really dislike anime. And this season was the worst. Everything is off, characters have different motivations, different roles. Where is second battle at Glaivend Basin and epic fight with dragon? WHY THEY ARE ABLE TO PURIFY DRAGONS? Why Dezel dies in so dump way? Why everything at Pendrago was different? WTF with entire episode 13? And it's not all. I'm really disappointed. 
Even if they animate Tales of Berseria, i'll just play game and skip anime. It's not worth my time.

May 21, 2017 2:33 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid ending in general, more of a slower ending than I expected, but it wasn't all that bad and it had a nice conclusion in general.

All in all I quite liked this second season as well! So in general I sure had a nice watch!
May 24, 2017 4:21 PM
Oct 2013
All the yuri hints between Rose and Alisha ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I knew it.

Fighting scene is not impressive but still a nice, good ending.
Jun 5, 2017 6:45 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm to think that Sorey will need to summon every single one of the seraphs for this battle though. Then again this is the lord of calamity i guess. So i guess its unavoidable. But Man Sorey's form after invoking the true names of each of the seraphs to make use of their powers though really looks cool. Though it looks like using this form does take a lot out of Sorey as well. In a way i guess using all of them is like having the hopes of prayers of everyone that they met on his shoulders though. But watching not just Sorey and the seraphs but also Rose and Alisha stand defiant in the face of the Lord of calamity really speaks volumes of their determination here. I guess faced with that fact even the lord of calamity is going full force as well eh. While his normal form is certainly powerful his transformed state is far more menacing. Man watching Sorey use the powers of each of his seraphs is really impressive. Plus having the ending theme play during the fight scene was a really good choice as it makes the fight scene even more epic. Showing the respective seraphs that were responsible for each of the attacks as it was launched was also a nice touch as well. Damm but that fight scene with the lord of calamity is really impressive. Seeing everyone fight as one and yet have faith in each other was just amazing as was the cameo from Dezel as well. Sorey's faith in the strength of humanity's strength though really is something but he is correct. Man they really went full force there in that fight though. But man showing each of the seraphs that are with him as Sorey strikes the final blow in that fight was a nice touch.

Though it looks like its going to take far more to deal with the lord though. Since the lord of calamity is but a vessel of malevolence as long as there is malevolence in existence then it will keep healing him eh. So the lord of calamity's true wish was to just fade and vanish eh. In a way there will always be humans that will resort to evil just because they can. This is one major flaw of mankind as a whole. Still while its impossible to get rid of it the more people stand up to it and reject it the less there will be of it. But there's not enough people doing that though. Still even in this its nice to see that Sorey has not lost his sense of determination though and not to mention his belief in man as well. Hmm so Sorey's plan is to seal himself with Heldraf and purify him slowly eh. Sorey intends to go alone with his task eh. How brave of him. Its also nice to see his friends and allies react to this as well. Bu i guess there's no other way i guess. Still its nice that both Sorey and his allies both have faith in each other though. This is the final fight and if they don't win here then nothing will change. This is why Sorey is willing to go so far. I love the insert song that was put in as Sorey and Heldraf sealed it inside that area though. Even at this point Sorey's determination and belief is so strong. Watching Mikleo and the seraphs contemplate the revelation that Sorey is now gone was just so emotional though and really makes me sad. But it is Sorey's wish after all. Still it is nice that as a result the god's that were imprisoned are now free and free to help rebuild the world. The insert song though i felt was really appropriate for the episode and this scene though and its nice how they had a mini ending in it as well.

Hmm so Alisha has become the queen after his fathers passing eh. Well this was a well earned promotion for her though. At least that arrogant politician didn't get the chance to steal the crown. But I think Alisha will be a fair and just queen. Now with the defeat of the lord of calamity its nice that there finally is peace between Hyland and Rolance though. Emperor Doran was always a just king and it was only because of the churches machinations that they were at war. Sergei got promoted to General eh nice. With both leaders being devoted to peace i hope that there will forever be peace between the two countries. It was nice seeing them feature everyone's reaction to the news though. So it looks like Lailah has a new shepherd to manage and aid then eh. Zeveid and Edna are exploring together eh. Lol Edna has enjoyed a fondness of eating eh lol. The most important effect of course is the fact that peace has now returned to the land. Its nice to see that Edna's brother is also slowly recovering as well. Maybe one day he will revert back to a seraph. Hmm Rose looks nice with long hair as well. Its so funny to see the relationship that Alisha and Rose have now though when back in the first season they were hostile towards each other. But in their journey with Sorey and all the battles that they been through together they had managed to forge a true bond of friendship borne of respect for each other. The little arguments between Ian and Sirel are as hilariously as ever lol. Hmm so Mikleo still has faith that Sorey will someday wake up eh. But i guess for each of Sorey's allies they all believe that one day he will manage to accomplish his task of purifying the lord of calamity and come back. Hmm Mikleo looks somewhat grown up when his hairs like that lol. Lol man its nice to see that despite his difficult task Sorey manage to not just do that but also come back to this world as well. The rest of the cast will be overjoyed that Sorey is back though thats for sure. I love how the last scene is just like the first scene that we saw Mikleo and Sorey in back in the first season though.

An excellent end to the series i felt and a worthy end to the series.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2017 9:32 PM

Nov 2014
I could hardly stomach the anime in general (underwhelming, ooc, deviated too far from the plot), but the epilogue gave me more closure than I could have ever hoped for, and because of Rose x Alisha and Sorey x Mikleo being the true endgame romance I have an eternal life debt to Ufotable. So I bestow a hearty 6 out of 10. Amen Hallelujah
Jun 10, 2017 10:35 AM
Apr 2014
For a moment I thought they'd just end it with Sorey being gone forever. Then the credits were over and they went for a happy end.

What was that scene with Lailah though? That wasn't Sorey, was it? Then it was different shepherd. But can there be more than one shepherd at a time? Or was it just Sorey with a different hair style? So confusing.

I was also a bit disappointed that they are just the two of them again. Could have at least ended it with the 4 seraph being with him :(
Jun 10, 2017 9:04 PM
Mar 2016
Nanashi said:

What was that scene with Lailah though? That wasn't Sorey, was it? Then it was different shepherd. But can there be more than one shepherd at a time? Or was it just Sorey with a different hair style? So confusing.

That's what I questioned too. The ending didn't make any sense. How far in the future is it? A few years? 100years? We see Alisha x Rose but was that just to say "Yeah they ended up together but so much time passed, they dead now" or is it only a few years and they're still alive? If so, how the hell is there a new Shepherd already and who tf does he think he is stealing Lailah!?

Again, how can there be 2 shepherds at once? Sorey never died so how is another chosen? The only explanation I can gather from the terribly rushed ending is that it's like 10years in the future, the new Shepherd is a Seraph and not a human, Alisha and Rose are both alive and well and Sorey is gonna gather everyone together again.

The ending is far too game like. With the whole "The adventure continues" because you need to grind all the achievements and get the best possible gear and max upgrades. It made absolutely no sense from a story telling perspective because nothing at all was explained about what the characters are doing now. We have to make it up and it makes no sense because we have no idea how much time has passed nor do we know enough information about how many Shepherds there can be at once, how many Seraph a Shepherd can have or if Seraph can make contracts with multiple Shepherds. Such a broken ending. Really killed the overall experience for me.
AyElCeeJun 10, 2017 9:08 PM
Jun 23, 2017 3:08 AM

Dec 2012
Eh, something about this season felt a bit off. The same sense of adventure that the first one brought just wasn't matched this time around. It's not necessarily bad for it, it had a different direction focused on Rose as well as preparing for the final battle. But it didn't draw me into wanting to learn about the world & lore quite the same way as when I started Zestiria.

My feelings on this final battle are a bit mixed as well. I wish they'd spent a bit more time on it and added more suspense. I'll echo what others have pointed out, that the fight felt incredibly flat and was more of a showcase of wills that lacked any actual sense of struggle or tension. Though it was beautiful to watch and I loved that moment when they played the first OP as all of the seraphim merged with Sorey. As for the epilogue, it's fairly typical from an anime only standpoint. Everyone goes their own ways and works hard as the malevolence slowly fades from the world. After reading about how long it takes for Sorey to return, however, I think that adds a very bittersweet tinge to it. I was under the impression that it was maybe 5 years maximum, but if it's really decades or centuries then that casts it into a brand new light. Perhaps it can even be thought of that Sorey will explore ruins in memory of Alisha, who shared the same dream.

Well one thing Zestiria excelled at was addressing malevolence. Not only was it fascinating to observe as an energy force within their world, but it was executed in such a way that its nature still rang true in reality. There's many lessons that can be taken from Sorey's journey, but I think one especially is that everyone struggles with malevolence to some degree. It's because people can overcome that corner of darkness in their hearts that they're able to become both stronger and kinder. I've seen this first hand in my own life and like how it was handled here as well.

7.5/10, considering rounding down if only because I'd like to make a distinction between how much more I prefer the first season.

On a side note, I've had Tales of Vesperia (game) on-hold for over two years now. Whenever I get involved with the Tales series, it always makes me want more. I think it's finally time to get that ball rolling again.
Jun 28, 2017 9:19 AM
Jun 2017
Don't give me such shit. Why is there a new shepherd.huh?and even if there is one why is lyla with him not sorey this is un acceptable.Now the most biggest thing why do they all not meet and only mikleo meets him this is absurd. Haa ....hah.......hah........... I expected there to be rom com but where is it clearly both girls have feelings .. Now i want new seanon with continuation from here. Or some change in story.
Jun 30, 2017 3:00 PM

May 2011
Finally got back to finish the final episode after a couple months. Sad to see that Alisha and Rose have most likely passed when Sorey finally returns, but nice to see that at least Mikleo and presumably Edna and Zaveid are still around. Least Sorey won't be all alone.

I haven't played the game, but I've read that at this point, Sorey has basically become a Seraph (and immortal) at the end. Can someone confirm if this is true?
Jul 5, 2017 7:51 PM

Mar 2010
I stopped following this anime series upon s1 ep13 , soo now the series ended , I would like to ask (i dont mind spoilers , I have finished the game) , is there any changes/deviation of the anime's story compare to the game 's story? or its just the same?
Jul 6, 2017 6:59 AM

Oct 2013
Next time there's a show with cancerous characters and dialogue like this, i'll just look on youtube for a compilation of the pretty action scenes...
Aug 14, 2017 10:09 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
rinneganfire4u said:
Anathor said:

So based on this, does this mean that the two are dead by the time Sorey wakes up? Also, do two shepherds cancel each other out or??? More power to them.
Either way, that was a pretty cool ending if the time jumps don't confuse the crap out of you.
Aug 15, 2017 9:25 AM
Aug 2017
I honestly think that there will be a Season 3, there are too many unkowns left.
Sep 3, 2017 4:40 PM

Jun 2013
I am thoroughly disappointed with this series. Ufotable is one best animation studios but they really need to think twice before doing an anime adaption of poor and badly written game based series. And the guys behind the tales series should just stick to game making instead of anime adaptions. Now I understand why so many people said the game was bad. And this was bad.

Initially I thought there was some logic behind the concept but then I realized that it was pretty stupid. Protagonists want peace by saving the world from malevolence but without shedding any blood. A typical cliched plot. It's like having a bird try to fly without wings or a fish trying to swim without fins. I mean how disconnected with reality and rationality are the creators to come up with something this idiotic and idealistic.

The characters were so monotonous and forgetful that even if they had any character development it wouldn't have made a difference. They are all dull, bland and blissfully optimistic. Not to mention that almost all of the character who are associated with Sorey are bound by their own personal agenda instead of a meaningful bond or friendship at least that's how I perceived it. Alisha wants a peaceful world without war, Rose wants to live up to Brad's dreams, Edna wants to save her brother, Dezel's role is that of Rose's babysitter, Lailah is simply there to guide the Shepherd and Zaveid is just there for the sake of it. The only person I can think of who follows Sorey unconditionally without any personal agenda is Mikleo. But even their friendship was sidelined for the sake of the dumb plot. But the most interesting characters were Lunnare and Atakk.

Even the ending was like WTF. It almost felt like they just copied the ending from Tales of the Abyss but without the whole romantic aspect. It would've been better if Sorey died but NO! since this is a Tales series everyone survives no matter how impossible the odds are.

4/10
Oct 29, 2017 6:49 PM

Dec 2012
4/10 It was just pretty. Everything else was slightly below average...
Nov 14, 2017 2:45 PM

Sep 2010
I finally watched the last 4 episodes... sigh... in the end even thought the story was improved compared to the game, it was impossible to repair the villain. Fuck that though, Sorey if you returned then stop playing around and go purify Eizen right now!! Sigh, I would really want to see berseria animated... oh well.

Sadly for this anime though, even if the story was improved it's still average and as generic as it can be. Then again even if it's generic, we still need those stories about foretold hero coming to save the day. It's generic and overused pattern but there is a reason why it never died out. Still, for this anime the only reason why one might want to recommend it is to watch ufotable doing it's thing... it's more than enough I guess.

I myself watched it for that reason as well as being the fan of the game.

Dec 19, 2017 4:12 AM

Mar 2015
Oh damn does Rose look good in that outfit and long hair!

7/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 12, 2018 9:12 PM
Dec 2017
I feel like I was the only one who really did not like roses character she was so annoying to me. Allisha was to me just a better character in general. Then my other problem was all the bromance like way to much of it almost uncomfortable at timea
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

93 by LeonhartAugust »»
Aug 16, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2017

95 by LeonhartAugust »»
Aug 16, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

93 by Sasutaschi »»
Aug 6, 2023 12:55 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

72 by Dawizz »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:05 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2017

85 by Dawizz »»
Nov 16, 2022 12:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.