Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 22, 2017 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was kinda tense for an episode. Nice to see Alisha again in this second season and as usual, she still does her best to protect her people and hope to get stronger. She still holds a lot of responsibility on her shoulders. I'm pretty curious to see how her role this season will be defined.

This felt like more or less of a buildup episode (for Alisha I believe). Maltran is also back too..interesting.
Also forgot to mention but Lailah really shouldn't be underestimated. I think that may be just a taste of her powers and I hope to see more of what she may show us.
Stark700Jan 22, 2017 7:11 AM
Jan 22, 2017 6:27 AM

Sep 2016
is it ANOTHER build up episode? lol pretty 'brave' considering there is absolutely no plot so far
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 22, 2017 7:08 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode I guess, Apart from some little action it was pretty much more buildup setting up Sorey's and Alisha's next move.

Action in the beginning was awesome, especially Lailah's fire moves were way too cool. Need more of that.
I liked the conversation with Mayvin a lot and the following conversation between Sorey and the Seraphim.

Pretty sad how Alisha's unit was wiped out liked that, I'm glad she gained the confidence to take back the capital.
Jan 22, 2017 7:32 AM

Jul 2012
Speaking about slow episodes we got another one. Lailah's fighting scene was great, but other than that ... Alisha is back in the story, but that segment felt more random and strange and it was pretty long for no reason.
Jan 22, 2017 7:45 AM

Mar 2016
Hehe i can already see the people who'll be pissed at this episode .
Lol that preview though .
Shishou_23Jan 22, 2017 8:26 AM
Jan 22, 2017 7:45 AM

Apr 2015

we need more of that
Jan 22, 2017 8:23 AM

Sep 2016
just like in the game, dezel is only entertaining in the skit by not being an emo bitch
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 22, 2017 8:43 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That fight was siiick.

Also that preview is quite fun :D
Jan 22, 2017 8:50 AM

Jun 2013
Lailah is the best.
Jan 22, 2017 8:51 AM

Aug 2013
nice fighting animation

tfw the end skit is more entertaining than the whole episode
Jan 22, 2017 9:06 AM

Dec 2013
This looks terrible tbh. There is absolutely no plot so far, and things are about getting even worse. Also... pacing? What is pacing?
IMHO, even Dezel's retro was way better in the game. Ufotable plz, how bad can you be?

Anyway, I see where this is going, and it's just too stupid lol.
1/10 episode
Jan 22, 2017 9:22 AM

Apr 2010
When the game was so bad they change the adaptation to entirely anime original content.
Jan 22, 2017 9:36 AM
Aug 2015
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Hehe i can already see the people who'll be pissed at this episode .
Lol that preview though .

I'm one of them! lol =D More seriously, it was pretty annoying... But the preview was fun.

Kamiyan3991 said:
This looks terrible tbh. There is absolutely no plot so far, and things are about getting even worse. Also... pacing? What is pacing?
IMHO, even Dezel's retro was way better in the game. Ufotable plz, how bad can you be?

Anyway, I see where this is going, and it's just too stupid lol.
1/10 episode

I agree, another build up episode:
- RIP Lastonbell, seraphs are more dangerous than hellions xD Lailah VS Dezel fighting scene was well done but so useless.
- Poor Sergei, what are they doing to the captain of the Platinum Knights?!
- Rose is still unable to see the seraphs

- Sorey is supposed to be able to communicate with Alisha by telepathy now? OMG what did they invent?
- What was the point to see Alisha and her useless knights again (Ian and the other girl)? sheesh... And Maltran, the Blue Walkyrie has been caught? *cough*

And then again, nothing has happened...
Jan 22, 2017 9:41 AM

Jul 2014
Yeesh, this is seriously slow as fuck. 3 episodes in and practically nothing has happened, just lots and lots of set up. The fight against Dezel was cool, but that ended way too quickly for my liking, especially considering how boring everything else has been so far.
Jan 22, 2017 9:48 AM

Dec 2013
antonn said:
When the game was so bad they change the adaptation to entirely anime original content.

Did you even play this game? Anime original content is way worse and boring as heck.
Jan 22, 2017 10:13 AM

Jun 2011
Kamiyan3991 said:
antonn said:

Did you even play this game? Anime original content is way worse and boring as heck.

I agree that it's slow but it was better than the game imo. What did the game do that was more exciting in Roland part?
Jan 22, 2017 10:13 AM
Jul 2009
Kamiyan3991 said:
antonn said:

I played it and it was shit. I prefer this.
Jan 22, 2017 10:17 AM

Mar 2015
Alisha is back, best grill <3
Jan 22, 2017 10:23 AM

Sep 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
antonn said:

yeah it's far better (still bad) , at least it's eye-bleach and not time-consuming
CrossAnge

Jan 22, 2017 10:38 AM

Jul 2013
This is going too slow, really. Alisha's segment in a few minutes progressed more than Sorey with three episodes of screentime. At least he wants to go to Pendrago, so hopefully he will left Lastonbell next episode.

The fight against Dezel was badass (Lailah is awesome), too bad it was so short. I hope the rest of the battles will be longer.
I would had wanted to had more screentime for Dezel, but well, at least we discovered his backstory (or part of it).
Jan 22, 2017 11:26 AM

Sep 2014
Good action this week,especially in the beginning.I still wonder where this season is heading though.
Jan 22, 2017 11:50 AM

Jun 2014
The fight against Dezel was pretty cool, other than that not much happened aside from some setup stuff and Aisha being reintroduced to the story.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 22, 2017 1:23 PM

Jan 2014
No real progress but that isn't the point for this show anyway.
Folks who are still staying should have a healthy expectation of what's coming next(god tier animations, complementary Berseria episodes) and what's not(legitimate storyline).

TBF the anime is way better, well way less boring, than the game. And I'm not the only one sayin' this IMO.
I'm staying pretty much to witness a remastered version of the game featuring characters I like.
I can say wholeheartedly if ufo has adapted according to the game, with just 1.5 seasons of timeframe(gonna give the time for Berseria specials), it will be a way worse trainwreck.

Anyway, let's cut the gonna-speak-it-out-every-week chatter. If you are not satisfied with the insane budget ufo has burnt just to satisfy thy eyes' pleasure, and the WTF pacing and directing and the story that follows along, THE SHOW IS JUST NOT FOR YOU.

So for this episode.
Feels so good to see Alisha again.
I almost thought we are going to see her only in OP and ED ;...; The transition of her power-up moment after the telepathy(no idea what it was) to the ED was BURNING COOL

That DEZEL VS GODS scene, ufo just up'ed their game again.
Lailah's ulti almost got me screaming "UMLIMITED SPELL WORKS" and "GATE OF KINJU" and "KAMEHAMEHA".

Just another week of seeing ufo burning sweet sweet budget like Trump protestors ravaging. Marvelous.
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Jan 22, 2017 1:35 PM

Sep 2011
Theorder14 said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

I agree that it's slow but it was better than the game imo. What did the game do that was more exciting in Roland part?
Not even. What they're doing for the original changes here is far worse than what the game had lol. They did good changes in S1, I admit that, but this is just... Not so great.
Jan 22, 2017 1:36 PM
Sep 2015
Amazing animation and the fight scene is awesome, seraphs vs seraphs. I wonder when will dezel enter a contract with sorey? I really want to see the wind almatization in animation form come to form. Even though the story line is different from the game, but this anime is not that bad.

For this episode, I am glad that they brought back Alisha and Maltran, hope they will survive. Looking forward for the next episode, I wonder whose Revenge are they talking about? Is it Alisha's or Rose's? Excited for next week
Jan 22, 2017 1:49 PM

Sep 2016
Tyrel said:
Theorder14 said:

Not even. What they're doing for the original changes here is far worse than what the game had lol. They did good changes in S1, I admit that, but this is just... Not so great.
as if the 2nd half of the game is any better lol they just decided to fuck everything with the plot, characters and everything.

at least sorey actually questioned "hey guys what is malevolence? you guys seem to use that plot-device word a lot...." this episode
CrossAnge

Jan 22, 2017 1:56 PM

Jan 2008
GangsterCat said:
is it ANOTHER build up episode? lol pretty 'brave' considering there is absolutely no plot so far

THIS

I don'te get it. 15 episodes of build up.... for WHAT?
i don't even get what the plot is

there is a persistant lack of direction
Jan 22, 2017 2:02 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Woah Lailah is not someone you want to mess with. Those fiery blasts were cool.
Edna & Mikleo also powerful.

Great to see Alisha again. Determined not to give up & protect the people.
Hopefully she can reunite with Sorey again.

Screw Bartlow.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 22, 2017 2:34 PM

Dec 2013

True story (lmao)
Kamiyan3991Jan 22, 2017 2:43 PM
Jan 22, 2017 2:40 PM

Jun 2016
Pretty solid episode overall, I liked it.
Jan 22, 2017 2:43 PM

Apr 2010
Kamiyan3991 said:

True
Story
Rofl
Mao

Now this is gold.

otacu said:
i don't even get what the plot is

Good is good.
Evil is bad.
SoreyxMikleo OTP.
Jan 22, 2017 2:46 PM

Jan 2008
The little fight with Dezel was nice I guess. The last 3 episodes have been dragging along far too long though.
Jan 22, 2017 3:16 PM

Dec 2016
If I was Dezel I would have given up also, Lailah is just too strong.

Good to see Alisha again. I have a feeling next episode will be very good to watch.

The first thing Rose cooked was dark. Must has been Black Stuff. If Edna was there she would say Here Mikleo I made this for you.
Jan 22, 2017 3:53 PM
Apr 2016
With a fireball that huge, Natsu Dragneel would be proud, and Megumin would be having an orgasm in excitement!! Go Lailah!!!!
Jan 22, 2017 3:56 PM

Jan 2009
we saw Alisha again, will Alisha have her own seraph partner too? Zaveid perhaps? so that she can become strong
Jan 22, 2017 4:03 PM

Sep 2015
The way Dezel was telling Sorey about Brad taking care of little Rose kinda made Brad sound like a Lolicon/Pedo to me, no offense. That episode preview was so entertaining!!!!
Jan 22, 2017 5:08 PM

Jul 2016
Lots of random shot about Edna during those dialogues.

Anyway, I liked this episode better than the previous two. It's a bit slow, but things should pick up once they hit the main attraction (the Capital).

Jan 22, 2017 6:06 PM

Oct 2016
welp that was intense .. now i know what's the relationship between dezel and rose and why he's protecting her.. glad to see alisha again ofcors
Jan 22, 2017 6:18 PM

Jan 2011
while very slow not sure how they plan on getting done at this pace i don't remember being in Lastonbell for so long.

everything regarding Dezel was a mess beyond salvaging so i can't say really say if it was better or worse.
Jan 22, 2017 6:50 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty sure I can point out where this episode's budget went. At least the CG was significantly more seamless with the animation than it was in the first season. The action sequence in this episode was quite beautiful and skillfully executed.
Jan 22, 2017 7:11 PM

Jul 2016
katsu044 said:
while very slow not sure how they plan on getting done at this pace i don't remember being in Lastonbell for so long.

everything regarding Dezel was a mess beyond salvaging so i can't say really say if it was better or worse.

They might merge Dezel's revenge arc alongside the Cardinal. It would be 2 birds (3...), 1 stone.

Jan 22, 2017 7:54 PM

Jan 2008
I feel like they caused more damage/trouble trying to stop Dezel than Dezel did trying to kill whoever he was after.
Jan 22, 2017 7:55 PM
Apr 2016
That one tiny Sormik moment was destroyed when Lailah brought up Alisha. Why, why do you do this... Anyway, as much as I love Zestiria, it's been really.. Boring so far. I really much rather the game than the anime :/ I can't believe they didn't make the part about Sorry and Rose first meeting Sergei.
Jan 22, 2017 7:56 PM

Jun 2015
The action in the beginning was awesome, especially Lailah's moves. They were so cool. The conversation between Mayvin and Sorey was nice. Pretty sad Alisha's forces was almost wiped out. I'm glad she's not giving up.
Jan 22, 2017 9:28 PM

Jun 2013
nice action at the start and Rose is a badass since she was like 5 years old or something
Jan 22, 2017 9:31 PM

Jan 2011
FrozenSheep said:
katsu044 said:

They might merge Dezel's revenge arc alongside the Cardinal. It would be 2 birds (3...), 1 stone.
i could see that happening
Jan 22, 2017 9:42 PM
Jul 2012
I always have this urge to punch people that whine about "nothing has happened" in action animes. It's as if everything else don't matter. Oh, Sorey is questioning himself and trying to find out what it means to be a Shepherd? And that he is getting caught in Rolance's politics? Nah, let's ignore that and pretend nothing happened. Oh, Rose is getting more backstory and we're learning more about Dezel as well? Nah, let's pretend that it doesn't exist. Oh, Alisha is being accused of treason and needs to take Ladylake back? Nah, let's pretend that it never happened.

I'm pretty sure the people that are complaining would be dissatisfied with every action anime (especially shounen ones). One-Punch Man? No purpose, just random bald guy looking for a fight. One Piece? Omg, why are they talking about Vinsmokes!? Plot points should be ended in 3 minutes or they're shit! Naruto? Why they take several episodes to fight the same guy? Hunter x Hunter? Omg, the Chimera Ant arc was too long! No plot. The directors should be ashamed of themselves! Sad! Fate/Zero, what are they even fighting for? What is the purpose of the Holy Grail? Why Kiritsugu doesn't kill everyone with his gun? Sad! Pathetic! I hate this crap! Lololol everyone sucks. I'm so much better than them. - sums up majority of MAL's user base.
Jan 22, 2017 10:05 PM
Jul 2015
I don't know why but they always try to add that unconnected scenes about Alisha to tell the closeness between her and Sorey.
Love the ending preview better than the whole episode.

Jan 22, 2017 10:10 PM

Jul 2007
Typical generic zestiria episode - awful pacing, absolutely nothing special in directing, pretty much no real plot progression, some good explosions and a lot of Rose shilling because of course gotta shill the game developer's main waifu that second half of the game practically centers around.

Some decent fireworks in that fight tho. Nothing special in terms of choreography, but UFO does excel at making it look like things are exploding everywhere. Its like watching oldschool wuxia where there would be pyrotechnics after every sword clash. Just without actual fight choreography wuxia is known for.

Otherwise frankly a lot of these three episodes could have been one episode, maybe one and half. Trim all the snooze stuff, maybe expand the fights a bit. Right now I am not sure how they are planning to finish the story IF they want to follow braindead plot of Zestiria game's second half. There are simply not enough episodes. That is unless they go offscript and finish the Zestiria story with all-new anime original plotline somehow tying it into Berseria flashbacks!

These first three episodes of this season being Rose-filled snoozefest kind of makes me impatient for the eventual Berseria story hijack. I can only hope that the teasing leads somewhere and the plot sufficiently shifts to Berseria stuff somehow and away from Zestiria's trainwreck plot.

Velvet, please save this show and FASSST.
AhenshihaelJan 23, 2017 4:07 AM
Jan 22, 2017 10:34 PM

Mar 2016
Nice episode. Loved the action stuff with Lailah at the beginning.
I almost forget Alisha even existed lol. The conversation with Sorey and Mayvin was nice to see :)

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 29, 2017

179 by hihappy »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:59 AM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

93 by LeonhartAugust »»
Aug 16, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2017

95 by LeonhartAugust »»
Aug 16, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

93 by Sasutaschi »»
Aug 6, 2023 12:55 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

72 by Dawizz »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.