Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 22, 2013 11:16 PM
May 2013
Finally I finished tihs season, almost a year. I like more the first season, but love these last episodes. Am I the only one who think that it was the work of the spider? If Takuma had killed that way, would become "Jigoku Shouju"? Alright, to watch the third season, this time in a month, I hope.
Sep 1, 2013 11:42 PM
Sep 2013
PrinceJ said:
what was Ai's "answer?" was she granted salvation or damnation? im confused and i NEED to know. well on to the next season

ai burnt out the whole village for her revenge. because the ai's hatred was deep-seated, the spider believed that the torture in hell could never make ai truly understand her wrong-doing, therefore, he made ai the hell girl. in this way, ai would be able to see all kinda hatreds and where would vengeance truly end. the spider hoped that ai would finally coming up an answer to her own hatred and earned her moksha or redemption.

(sorry, if you don't really understand what i'm saying, but it is hard for me to put the concept of karma in english words.)
4degreezSep 2, 2013 2:58 AM
Sep 30, 2013 5:54 PM

Sep 2012
Superb ending to a superb show. Had a great time watching it, it became one of my favorites, especially after those last 3/4 episodes. A masterpiece 10/10
Oct 15, 2013 8:16 AM

Aug 2013
Epic ending! I absolutely loved this season and I hope the third is just as great!
For the funsies: http://jigokutsushin.co.nr/
Dec 4, 2013 1:21 AM

Jun 2012
good ending to season 2 and it seems Ai is still alive cause she send a message on someones mobile but why did she turn in a cherry dafug and did she really finish her task as hell girl like the spider said then i am seriously wonder what season 3 will bring.

well i didn't expect Kikuri to be the spider or controlled by it i was wondering where the spider was but not expected this but even when the spider came out Kikuri was still in the boat to hell so there is something else with her to i guess

what happened with Tsugumi she appeared for 1 episode say some strange things and never comes back.

up to season 3^^
RobertovkDec 4, 2013 1:50 AM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Dec 24, 2013 11:01 PM
Dec 2010
Yeah I'm curious as to what happened to tsumugi. Great season off to season three!
Sep 19, 2014 11:32 PM

Jan 2010
I'm not sure of how to feel. The beginning was dead right average, the middle got very good, and the ending left me with sort of a bad taste. I mean, for a show that thrives on karma, the townspeople got away relatively scot-free. Sure they'll be sent to hell later on in their lives, but I dunno. Seems too easy or something.
Sep 20, 2014 6:13 PM

Aug 2014
I felt bad for Ai T_T but still a good ending <3
Oct 14, 2014 1:32 AM

Nov 2013
Fucking fantastic. What a wild ride this last arc has been!

Almost a perfect ending except for the fact that Takuma was stupid enough to save the bitch that tried to send him to hell.

I'm glad Takuma survived. He was a fucking trooper for outlasting all that chaos and madness.

Fucking plot twist! The Lord of Hell was Kikuri the whole time!

I was crying bucketloads when those savages were beating Ai to death.

One of the greatest anime endings I've ever seen.

8.5/10 Would have gave it a 9 if the episodes before Takuma's arc weren't so average.

Dec 3, 2014 5:41 PM

Feb 2013
...Well it's..."over" as Ai so Aptly put it...

This was another absolute amazing season of Jingoku shoujo!
Although i wish i could a shed at least 1 tear for Ai's "death".
Beautiful absolutely Beautiful!
9/10 for me!

Hell Hotline actually became a Bloody hotline as the term Hotline usually refers to a cellular Call.

P.S FUCK THOSE DISGUSTING VILLAGERS FOR BEATING AI!!!
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jan 10, 2015 3:07 AM

Jun 2013
Great finale and great season. And it's not over yet :)

9/10.
Apr 27, 2015 1:15 AM
Mar 2014
I thought the finale was pretty invigorating, but it had multiple noticeable plot holes that I can't see past, including the following:

So, a client has to have hatred for the victim they choose to send to Hell. That's an established rule in the story. Hotaru clearly doesn't despise Takuma in the slightest, so by allowing her to send Takuma to Hell anyway, that goes against that principle entirely. Ick.

Why did Ai take Takuma back if it's her duty to ferry all victims to Hell? Is he just special and warrants her to? I just don't get it.

And how did Hotaru die exactly? That's never hinted at. She just appears lifeless on the shore and that's all there is to it.

And what was probably the biggest plot hole in the episode, why did the Lord of Hell decide to release Ai's loved ones? For what explained reason?

Anyway, I was so excited up to this episode. Don't get me wrong, I really liked this season, but I don't think it was developed as marvelously as season 1 was.

8.5/10.
Jul 9, 2015 12:59 AM

Aug 2012
CasperofPotland said:

And what was probably the biggest plot hole in the episode, why did the Lord of Hell decide to release Ai's loved ones? For what explained reason?

well, l think that she already had fulfilled her duty as hell girl, l saw somewhere that her punishment was to send 8 thousand of souls to hell in a thousand years, so that 8 souls for year is a good run, considering that a lot of souls was sent from lovely hills, she could have ended her duty or even done more than her obligation
Jul 21, 2015 8:24 AM
Oct 2014
CasperofPotland said:

So, a client has to have hatred for the victim they choose to send to Hell. That's an established rule in the story. Hotaru clearly doesn't despise Takuma in the slightest, so by allowing her to send Takuma to Hell anyway, that goes against that principle entirely. Ick.

Not really. People in love/hate relationships have been sent in hell before. And Hotaru did hate the circumstances around Takuma's existence, thus hating him. She was also sad about it, but that's irrelevant.

As to why Hell Girl did not ferry Takuma to hell, it was because Kikuri taunted her into remembering that she herself was in that situation, where the people around her mistreated her, misjudged her and killed her off for their own benefit. At that point she Ai Enma snapped out of her cold and uncaring judgement.
Oct 3, 2015 5:57 AM

Aug 2014
I don't understan why those 3 couldn't help Enma, but anyways. I am kinda dissapointed about the ending. I mean those crazy people started hitting Enma without reason and then let the boy alone? I just don't like it it.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Jan 24, 2016 7:46 PM

Apr 2014
I honestly think Jigoku Shoujo would have been better off without a third season, regardless of what holes it may fill in the story. I look at Futakomori, especially this particular episode as the highest point in the entire series.

My one comment directly related to the episode is: WOW Kikuri, you are a total bitch.

Overall, when entertainment has the ability to trigger such a variety of emotions (disgust, joy, sorrow etc) all in one brief episode, it is truly a pinnacle of artistic design. Even after everything I have said, this isn't one of the best anime to ever exist, I gave it a 9/10.

Apr 27, 2016 7:21 PM

Jan 2014
Second season was pretty good.. Takuma got a happy ending :)

I look forward to the third season ^^
May 6, 2016 3:42 PM

Feb 2015
A happy ending... for Takuma?! Impossible!

I can't believe the spider was Kikuri, explains why he's been missing throughout this season.

But dang, what a depressing end to a depressing anime.
Jul 17, 2016 8:30 PM

Dec 2013
I wasn't expecting that ending at all. I didn't even know Enma could die! I got a little shocked by her death and regretted the fact that it would mean no season three, but after all there's a season three (thank God!) I simply love this series. It's one of the most touching series I've ever watched until now. 10/10 definitely!
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
Aug 12, 2016 9:53 AM

Jan 2008
God I enjoyed this season a lot more than the last. It's sad what happened to Ai in the end but I'm glad that Hotaru is back with his dad. I wish those adults would have faced some sort of punishment for what they did. I guess when they die, they finally will.

I'm interested and excited to see what next season holds!
Feb 28, 2017 11:19 AM

Nov 2012
I actually cried my eyes out when they hit Ai. (╥﹏╥) But still it was a happy ending. (◕‿-)
Mar 1, 2017 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
jezz that was great final happy sad suffering ,this could easily be the last episode but we still got season 3 and 4 now
Apr 9, 2017 8:58 AM
Apr 2017
i don't get it, it is a masterpiece but i can not combine the pieces. Ai died and the three just separate. omg it's so tragic after 400 years it would end just like that, i am so sad about this ending.
Apr 20, 2017 10:07 AM

Apr 2009
Rest in peace Ai.
You did a great job all these years. :')
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2017 10:13 AM

Apr 2009
There's still a season 3 and a sequel coming this year.
mei_mei20 said:
i don't get it, it is a masterpiece but i can not combine the pieces. Ai died and the three just separate. omg it's so tragic after 400 years it would end just like that, i am so sad about this ending.
mei_mei20 said:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2017 5:25 AM

May 2015
IMO way better then 1st season.

At last Takuma has good ending. Poor Ai.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 13, 2017 9:21 AM
Mar 2016
poor ai, i cried so hard when the mob was beating her
Aug 9, 2017 3:07 PM

Oct 2015
I guess in the end Enma sacrificed herself to prevent the cycle of hate, what a cool end. I really love this series and the previous one and will watch season 3. What angers me is those people who wanted to kill Takuma and killed Enma, they never got punished they just were never seen again.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 2, 2017 1:58 PM

Sep 2012
Ai is alive & will continue her work in S3
Jan 14, 2018 1:52 PM

Oct 2015
Seeing Ai getting beat up to death like that and no one steps in to help was just... ugh.. it's more infuriating than sad.
Nov 5, 2018 11:29 PM

Aug 2010
This is pretty much a happy ending as far as Jigoku Shoujo goes, I'm satisfied. Though I am curious as to how they will continue on it. If they start focusing on the victim of the week aspect again, my enjoyment will definitely go down. There's only so many times I can watch stupid people make stupid decisions because all of existence conspires against them. Anyways, nice finale!
Nov 27, 2018 5:27 PM

Oct 2018
This episode was too sad. I literally cried because Takuma repeated the same mistakes as Ai when she was alive. Also Ai getting beat up was not amusing. Amazing last episode! I‘ll give this anime a 9/10
sweateryoshiNov 27, 2018 5:30 PM
Jan 2, 2019 7:45 AM

Jul 2014
For the most part, this season was more formulaic than season 1, but it didn't get boring as quickly. I liked that we got to see the backstories of Hell Girl's teammates, as well as more of the inner workings of Hell. I also liked seeing Hajime and Tsugumi again, even if briefly. My personal favorite episode was probably episode 15.

Great that they brought back Takumi's subplot for the last arc of the season, and I'm glad that Takumi's dad and Hotaru survived. Also, even though it probably wasn't meant to be funny, I laughed pretty hard at the montage of people banishing each other to Hell in episode 24, like what the hell is wrong with these people.

Not sure if I liked it more overall than season 1, so 6/10 for now.
Apr 12, 2019 6:29 AM
Jul 2018
The whole Takuma's arc was sickening me, but this last chapter was really something...
Ai finally free from those chains alongside her parents.
Not going to lie seeing Takuma with his father made me cry, I'm so happy for him.
Jun 8, 2019 10:18 PM

Jun 2017
This is my second time watching this, I remember it so clearly, how could I forget even if I watched this a decade ago.

My heart breaks as hard as it did for Ai over a decade ago, or maybe, it breaks even harder, to say that wouldn't be an understatement. This was a good re-watch. I felt as helpless as the servants and Takuma, who wants to help Ai but could do nothing about it. I hope that those who hit Ai get sent to the deepest pits of hell.
10/10 - No matter what anybody says.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jun 16, 2019 4:00 AM

Sep 2012
i hope takumi and detectiv's sis become couple when they get older 😁

i ship them 😁
Nov 25, 2019 4:22 AM

Oct 2019
Sugram22 said:

i ship them 😁

Same here. I aalso ship them😁
Nov 25, 2019 4:25 AM

Oct 2019
EmperorAlfred said:
This is my second time watching this, I remember it so clearly, how could I forget even if I watched this a decade ago.

My heart breaks as hard as it did for Ai over a decade ago, or maybe, it breaks even harder, to say that wouldn't be an understatement. This was a good re-watch. I felt as helpless as the servants and Takuma, who wants to help Ai but could do nothing about it. I hope that those who hit Ai get sent to the deepest pits of hell.
10/10 - No matter what anybody says.

Omg, I died inside for what happened to Ai. A much needed upgrade to season 1. 8/10
Nov 25, 2019 6:27 AM

Sep 2012
Luananee said:
Sugram22 said:

i ship them 😁

Same here. I aalso ship them😁

but they will probably never show what comes of them later so its left to our imaginations
Dec 27, 2020 7:28 AM
Aug 2019
istg this show is full of stupid people ToT. after everything that Ai went through, why does she have to suffer jeiejsins i wanna die
Jan 30, 2021 3:05 PM

Mar 2019
Woah, I want to say that this is a good ending man but it makes me sad. Still won't change my mind, 8/10 for this, the last episode was amazing!! Please let us have Ai back in season 3, Mitsuganae. Also seeing those 3 go on their own ways like that feels so sad. Just have them live together :(
Alex_TheForestJan 30, 2021 3:09 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 12, 2021 6:01 PM

Jul 2017
An okay finale for what was a mediocre and forgettable final arc. Not a fan of Ai not getting much actual characterization from the end of the first season all the way till now basically, I don't like it when development and big events happen only to reclude till normal completely like nothing happened till the next big arc, and that was the case here. She was just... Ai for most of the season till late now. And even with Ai's characterization there with her wanting to protect Takuma, the actual arc itself didn't do anything for me either compared to the first season, felt like a bad Higurashi ripoff with poor, sloppy execution of its story as a whole.

Season 2 was worse for me than Season 1, and I didn't even like Season 1. The cases were formulaic and repetitive in the first season, but it was still that case here sadly and I didn't even enjoy the backstory episodes for Ai's companions this season since they don't really add much to the series itself beyond one or two moments with wanting to help Ai out, so whatever development or focus they want to show, just didn't really connect with me at all since they're barely present enough as main characters. Overall, this season didn't really have much going for it and had its large share of stupid episodes like the first one. I'd rate this season a 2/10. Just not many good episodes at all. At least the first season despite having plenty of terrible episodes, had more positive episodes than this one.
animejasAug 13, 2021 6:00 AM
May 15, 2022 8:23 PM

Jul 2017
bruh the humans r so dumb, sucks how shitty everything is and there is nothing they can really do. great season, really love this series.
Nov 12, 2022 4:33 PM
Dec 2017
overall this series is as messed up and entertaining as ever

Apr 2, 2023 12:53 AM
Sep 2015
The writer is so stupid for letting the mob off after what they did. I think he forgot that theres a thing called KARMA  🙄
Hermes96Apr 2, 2023 1:11 AM
Sugram22
May 27, 2023 3:03 PM

Sep 2017
So Ai's loved ones were sent to hell? Honestly that neighbor scene was really disturbing.
But no, apparently hell girl is gonna make a comeback?!
خ
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 30, 2008

82 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 27, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 18, 2008

66 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 25, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MEGATRON - Jul 23, 2008

64 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 20, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 30, 2008

64 by nrrc102 »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:21 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

so_addictive - Apr 22, 2008

85 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 26, 2023 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.