Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2017 10:13 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Good animation, will miss all them. Was refreshing, and the best so far of spring hahaha even if it is over now. Hope to see more in the future at least an OVA or a second season.

Apr 5, 2017 10:15 AM

May 2012
Fun show and heartwarming end, I'm definitely gonna miss it. It was funny to see how much the father truly cares for Tohru, kinda wasn't expecting that with how Tohru seemed to describe him throughout the anime

I hope there's a season 2 in the future though >_<

Apr 5, 2017 10:20 AM

Mar 2013
Man, it was damn it a fine and intense final episode (especially the fight scene between her father!), I did very loved this series, it was his/her 13 eps worth, and I'd not mind, if sometime a 2nd season coming would^_^!

Hey guys, look this...
Apr 5, 2017 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
Woa, that felt way more serious than the mangaoriginal and had quite an impact. I guess the only complain I have about this show, is that the romance part still remains subtext, but I hope the mangaka will let it become real in the end. Until now you dont know if it remains unrequited/platonic or if it will go beyond that. Minor manga spoilers:

There was a chapter, where another dragon girl appeared (wasnt yet shown in the anime, though most of the stuff was adapted, basically the only thing that was missing beside that was the development of Elma's workplace skills) and she made Kobayashi into a man. It wasnt explained, if it actually worked, but at least the chance is given, that Kobayashi and Tohru actually could have own children that way.

Anyway, great adapation, that shows how awesome the anime medium can be compared to voiceless text and non moving pictures. 9/10.

Dunno about the original, but translated material wont give enough story for a 2nd season yet, but Id love to have a 2nd season with a Yuri conclusion. ^^
Apr 5, 2017 10:23 AM

Jan 2015
That's so "silent" when Tohru isn't home. Feels like Kanna as Kobayashi's daughter. LOL
Seriously, I hope that battle would be more intense more bloody. But oh well, that maybe would need more duration so that's pretty acceptable. And that ending is pretty heart-warming especially the part where Tohru hug Kobayashi just like in the OP.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 5, 2017 10:25 AM

Apr 2016
So it was not Smaug but Saruman at the end. Now give me second season !
Apr 5, 2017 10:32 AM
Mar 2017
I really love this show, since the beginning till the very end. In general, I like the comedy and the "family" theme through the serie. The last episode was heartwarming and sweet, it had also an interesting fight scene and all. Is there any possibility for a second season? Damn man, I'm going to miss this during my luch time each wednesday.
C.
Apr 5, 2017 10:41 AM

May 2010
Good last episode. Overall, this series started good, got very good, turned average but had a decent end. So 7/10
Apr 5, 2017 10:42 AM

May 2016
I feel so empty after this damn I just wanna sleep, anyway this was the best anime of the season for me lovely story touching scenes and comedy was kinda funny 9/10
Apr 5, 2017 10:57 AM

May 2013
this anime is so lovely and cute. i feel the love in this anime far clearly than a typical romance anime,this is true love like family love and it is very beautiful and heart warming. i really like this show 10/10
Apr 5, 2017 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
My god this was more feels than the manga portion. I'm so glad I gave this series a second chance because it was surprisingly touching and endearing even with all the comedy and occasional bits of fanservice. I'm really gonna miss this show. 9/10.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 5, 2017 11:17 AM

May 2014
Its so sad that this series has ended I really enjoy every episode of it I will definitely Tooru and her antics, Kanna's cuteness, Elmas's growling stomach , Lucoa's oppai and Fafnir
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2017 11:20 AM

Mar 2016
best episode by far, i was holding back tears the entire time :C i love this show a whole lot more than i thought i would
Apr 5, 2017 11:22 AM
Nov 2015
i kinda hope for meting iruru and the fighting animation of tohru vs iruru, i honestly kinda disapointed.

but it seem kyonani doing right thing about making more screen about tohru father because in manga its sooo short and not explain everything why tohru father want her to come back. [ reading the manga i kinda want to see more tohru dad btw, so this is good ].

now i kinda mixed felling here, but...........its ok its still great episode with onion in front your eyes...... sooo much onion, its very sad look at kanna thinking about tohru, kobayashi in home alone, cook rice alone & eat alone.......sniff ( poor kanna i want to hug you and pat your head to cheer you up ).

now just hoping for season 2 with iruru can be happen.

10/10
redcobraApr 5, 2017 11:49 AM
Apr 5, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2015
just imagined a movie about kobayashi a few yaers from now on her deathbed while she and tohru are reliving their memories for the past years while kanna gathers everyone they know
while kobayashi holds tohru's hand and says "i had a great life, i'm glad that i met you" tohru also replies with an awkward smile and thanked her in midst of that kanna arrives with the others everyone gathers around her bed, kobayashi pats kanna and smiles and she gazes one time on everyone and says "i'm sleepy, tohru when i wake up i want an omelette rice like the first one you made for me" tohru replies with a cheerful voice and kobayashi gradually lost consciousness while losing the grip of holding tohru's hands. . . .

after the funeral tohru went back to the other world and met her father and he asked "do you regret staying with that human?" tohru replies "it might be painful right now but i don't regret it, the fun times and hard times that i spent with miss kobayashi and everyone else will always stay in my heart and will always be the place where i belong to no matter how many years would pass"
sniff sniff
just release violet evergarden already
Apr 5, 2017 11:26 AM

Sep 2015
Ummm dam it i don't expect this to turn into Clannad After Story

Nagisaaa! oh wait wrong one Tohru!
Into the Internet!
Apr 5, 2017 11:34 AM

Nov 2011
I'm going to miss tchu tchu yay, overall it was amazing.
The family dynamics between Kobayashi, Tohru and Kanna was just so lovely.
Also Kobayashi's salary must be damn good, I mean she could just ask Tohru to fly to her parents home but instead she pays for their tickets like it's nothing so that they can fully enjoy the trip oh my god public transport is so shitty and expensive in my country ugh
The conflict with the father was solved rather easily but I think this was expected since it was the last episode
If not for the kids fanservice I would give this a 10/10
Too bad the show didn't sell that well, a second season would be delightful
horitsubastudentApr 5, 2017 11:46 AM
Baby, daijobanai...
Apr 5, 2017 12:13 PM

Sep 2016
I'll miss this heartwarming show.

8/10
Apr 5, 2017 12:14 PM

Jan 2012
I'm glad that they ended it properly, rather than cutting it off in the middle of something.

However, I'm also somewhat sad because a decent ending like this works with or without a second season and I really want more - which this ending doesn't guarantee.

I really hope this comes back for another season once the manga has made some more progress.
This show is awesome and deserves that much.
Apr 5, 2017 12:21 PM

Aug 2016
Loved the animation and art! Great anime, 8/10!
Nanika ga Okashii
Apr 5, 2017 12:33 PM

Jan 2015
Maaaan, what an anime! 10/10
Apr 5, 2017 12:33 PM
Jul 2014
This is easily one of KyoAni's best works in a while. This episode triggered some fuzzy feelings.

Strong 9/10 from me.
Apr 5, 2017 12:49 PM

Sep 2016
pretty boring episode
overall good anime and fafnir best dragon
8/10
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 5, 2017 12:53 PM

Jan 2016
I can't believe it's over! I'll miss this :C

8/10
THANKS SENPIEX
Apr 5, 2017 1:00 PM

Aug 2015
I think that battle scene was original, though was expecting more of Tohru and Emperor's battle like the Kanna vs Tohru last time. Less Lucoa x Shota-kun moment again but enjoyable series overall, Lucoa best dragon.

8/10
Apr 5, 2017 1:01 PM
Feb 2016
So much feels! KyoAni shows once again that they can make a brilliant anime.
Apr 5, 2017 1:06 PM
Aug 2016
Solid 8 even for me.
Apr 5, 2017 1:11 PM

Oct 2012
Loved every episode, had it's up and downs but overall a very pleasant anime.
I read the manga, still reading, before the anime was announced, and I feel this last episode would've been a lot better if they just made it more like it was done in the manga.

Tohru leaving and all that was just, meh, unneccesary, considering how it was done in the manga felt better.
I do have a feeling I know why they did it this way though, they basically just wanted a last fight.
Manga Spoiler

Easiest way to instigate one in this case was to have Tohru run away again.

Certainly hoping for a second season, and considering how popular both the anime and the manga are, well, it's not impossible at least.
So much I'd love to see animated from the manga.
KatsApr 5, 2017 1:16 PM
Apr 5, 2017 1:17 PM
May 2013
I'd like to see more dragon battles and if possible I'd like to know more about the dragons' rules.

Am I the only one who felt terrified when Tohru's father threatened Kobayashi-san?! Thank you for that amazing scene, and of course for the amazing anime KyoAni.
Apr 5, 2017 1:18 PM
Jul 2014
Sad that the series is over; I enjoyed every episode. A iittle disappointed that we didn't get to see Kobayashi's parents in the end. Maybe in season two, please?
Apr 5, 2017 1:31 PM

Mar 2013
Though, if I think proper... We'll now really for a long time no TV-KyoAni-series have - spring and summer is nothing - Violet Evergarden is questionable when it coming...>_>
Apr 5, 2017 1:34 PM

Mar 2016
omg miss kobayashi finally accepted Tohru...

like the only things tohru was getting before was headpats!

kobayashi just couldn't live without tohru... and kanna look so sad :(. we need to protect her!!! I was ready for a hardcore fight between tohru and her father but I liked how it was resolved.

that ending :'(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2017 1:34 PM

Mar 2011
I loved this anime
But now I'm sad, there won't be anything anymore, damn, I loved all the characters in this series.
9/10
Apr 5, 2017 1:50 PM

Apr 2010
Wow wasn't expecting such an intense last episode from Kobayashi.. totally out of left field, but still pretty awesome.. from this last episode alone made me rate up the show from 8 to 9!! still hoping for a 2nd season in the future though, but even without it I think it wouldn't bother me that much seeing how good the show wraps up nicely..
Apr 5, 2017 1:54 PM

Jul 2015
My anime of the season.
Sad it ended... :c
Loved every single aspect of this show.
Want to marry Kobayashi, have Tohru as a lover and adopt Kanna...
10/10
Will miss this... :'c
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Apr 5, 2017 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
10/10 imo. I seriously cried at the end! So proud of Kobayashi! Man, I'm really going to miss this show Q_Q
Apr 5, 2017 2:01 PM

Sep 2013
Tohru's dad bringing the drama and kobayashi misses her :'(
Tohuru stands up to him and kobayashi words makes him back off.

8/10 it was good.
Apr 5, 2017 2:02 PM

Jul 2015
It was a 9/10, now it's a 10. AOTS with a nice lead, proper ending, magnificent visuals, nice music, heartwarming story...

I would love an OVA that's about Kobayashi being old after they spent their lives together (and maybe show the end of it too but it would be sad as hell).
Apr 5, 2017 2:07 PM

Jul 2009
What a great episode! Tooru is a princess haha
I am so glad Kobayashi said that she also wanted to live with Tooru and I wish we could see her arrival at her home, is like she is taking her wife and kid to meet the family LOL
I hope they do a 2nd season!

9/10
Apr 5, 2017 2:11 PM

Feb 2014
I feel a bit empty now that this wonderful show has come to an end.

Tohru's father sure is intimidating and he did make her come home with him for a while, and the mood change in the Kobayashi household was very apparent. Even with Kanna around, it felt a lot more stressful and it lacked any sort of calmness that it had when Tohru was there.

Thankfully, Tohru ran away from her father and appeared in front of Kobayashi once more, but the small reunion was short lived as her father came back for her and had the audacity to hurt Kobayashi for uttering an "ummm..." of all things.

The battle between father and daughter, despite its short length, was a spectacle to watch animation-wise. It was interrupted by Kobayashi who gave Tohru's father a good verbel beatdown about Tohru's wishes. In the end, he simply retreated, letting Tohru to do what she wanted.

It was nice in the end credits that Kobayashi took Tohru and Kanna to her parent's home in the country for a visit. =)

Overall, this show was a surprise. KyoAni did another stellar job with the cute and effective visuals and animation. The heart-warming moments were excellent and the comedy was very good, even if over-used a few times.

Same goes for the soundtrack too. The OP song has become one of my favourites in a long time due to the catchiness of the beat and Fhana's lovely vocal voice.

I'll miss this show greatly. 9/10. =D
Apr 5, 2017 2:14 PM
Dec 2014
Am i the only one who felt this last episode was rushed through? A lot happened in just one episode, compared to the other episodes. A LOT.
I think it's funny how the series are about same sex couples without making it too obvious. I mean, Kobayashi acts like a man, talks like a man and moves like a man. She has a manly job (programmer?), she sits with her knees apart and her elbows on her knees (on the train), she is just like regular japanese men who cannot admit to their wives that they love them until they are left all alone. Plus, the father "cannot except this relationship" and wonders as in how they will make it work. "Maid" is not just a word for a cleaning lady, but also an old fashioned word for a young girl. And the fact that they are going to meet Kobayashi's parents in the end. >.> :-P Pretty obvious, but still fun and very heartwarming! <3 But the last episode was wrapped up too fast! Even though it was a nice closure...
Apr 5, 2017 2:19 PM

Apr 2014
final eps felt weird and rushed but whatevs. was a fun ride. fav show last season <3
gonna rewatch again someday.

Apr 5, 2017 2:19 PM

Dec 2014
The longer this show went on the more I lost interest in it. There wasn't any character that I really liked. I found all of them to just be okayish. The interactions between Kanna and Saikawa were too much for me and I don't care about the "she's actually a dragon and not a child" stuff. It was gross to me so that's that. Fafnir seemed like he could've been a interesting character if they gave him any screen time but they didn't so he was left kinda flat. Same for the girl that was nothing but tits. I get it, she has big boobs now can you please give her some character devlopment, no? Okay. Elma got the same treatment as Fafnir, wasted potential.

I just felt everything could've been better than what it was.

6/10
Apr 5, 2017 2:27 PM

Sep 2016
bdsbff said:
The longer this show went on the more I lost interest in it. There wasn't any character that I really liked. I found all of them to just be okayish. The interactions between Kanna and Saikawa were too much for me and I don't care about the "she's actually a dragon and not a child" stuff. It was gross to me so that's that. Fafnir seemed like he could've been a interesting character if they gave him any screen time but they didn't so he was left kinda flat. Same for the girl that was nothing but tits. I get it, she has big boobs now can you please give her some character devlopment, no? Okay. Elma got the same treatment as Fafnir, wasted potential.

I just felt everything could've been better than what it was.

6/10
Fafnir has a dick instead of boobs, so he won't get any kind of focus. and Elma came too late. really wasted. 2 best dragons got shafted.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 5, 2017 2:29 PM

May 2016
This show got better with every episode and they ended it perfectly. Best anime of winter 2017 IMO.

Please don't make me part from my dear lolifu, Kanna and give me a second season.
Apr 5, 2017 2:31 PM

Jan 2017
Awww.. its over. This was my fave series for the season. So much to enjoy and I think they got the balance between humour and values perfectly. The 'final battle' between the dad and tohru ended a bit anti-climatically. I know from the manga it turned out almost the same way but how it was delivered wasn't a high point in the show.

This episode sort of reminds me of Spice and Wolf. Holo and Lawrence were dreading the prospects that Lawrence will eventually die one day.
Apr 5, 2017 2:58 PM

Apr 2014
god im gonna really miss this series this is the first best aoty imo sucks thats its over .. but with the ending we got hoping for something more with that seeing how things goes while they're there an ova or some thing

but yeah of course i want a season 2 to happen but till then will be reading the manga
"one step at a time"
Apr 5, 2017 3:07 PM
Nov 2010
uchimaki131 said:
It was a fun, heart warming and also a very emotional anime highlighting the themes of human relationships with also themes of prejudice. However, Shouta and Lucoa's tit running gag as well as kanna attempting to **** Saikawa was slightly inappropriate. Regardless, its a 10/10 anime for me.

Lol you think that was inappropriate to bad u didn't get to see iruru
Apr 5, 2017 3:08 PM
Dec 2013
best anime of the winter season :c now i'll miss it
Apr 5, 2017 3:09 PM

Mar 2014
It's over, isn't? TTvTT

One of the best winter 2017 animes, so enjoyable and heartwarming <3

I want a second season! x3
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2017

189 by MoonlightVT »»
Apr 12, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2017

131 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

113 by _untitled »»
Apr 1, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

169 by _untitled »»
Mar 31, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2017

172 by _untitled »»
Mar 30, 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.