Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
All-Out!!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 30, 2017 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, this finale lived up to my expectations. They had one final rugby match and although the score wasn't very close, it was exciting. It had a good momentum and everyone did their work on the field.

It lasted about half the episode yet managed to show the potential of many characters. Even one of the big guys acknowledges Kanagawa High.

Decent show overall. I think it was fine but nothing too special. 6/10.
Mar 30, 2017 9:53 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty good final episode. They got rekt in the second half of the match but nonetheless it was great an action packed match.
I wouldn't mind a second season for this show. Hopefully a tournament setting happens in the next season(s) so it will have more of a "pressure" feeling to the sports matches we watch in usual sports anime that creates intensity.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 30, 2017 10:27 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Didn't feel like a finale tbh.

Nevertheless, i really enjoyed this series. It's more of a story about the journey of a rugby club and developments for almost every player. I liked how they did that.

7/10
Mar 30, 2017 10:33 AM
Sep 2015
Someone said that if you are not into sports anime genre they'll all look the same, but actually no single sports anime is the same. The more you watch the more you can tell how difference they are. And I have a lot to tell about All Out!!. 8/10, will be 9 if announce season 2.
Mar 30, 2017 10:42 AM

Dec 2014
Great finale.

Quite a lot of still frames this episode but the intensity of the match was still there so that's good.
Ryujin reminds me of Hyuga from Captain Tsubasa with the way he breaks through the defense with brute force. XD

The Jinko boys did their best but still got wrecked in the second half, nonetheless great sportsmanship and spirit from them. They deserve all the praise they get and it was nice that Ryujin acknowledged them.

The sprint up the hill was kinda funny, I so want to see a flashback with Kurota rolling down the hill. XD

Nice metaphor with the players being flowers, the coaches being the Earth and the manger being water. :)
Pretty heartwarming final moments with everyone acknowledging how hard they worked and showing the spirit to make it to Hanazono. All Out :)

Overall, great sports series, it had all the passion, intensity and zeal that I love about sports shows and it delivered them with honesty and spirit. I didn't know anything about rugby when going into this series and I'm glad that I learnt some rules of rugby. Characters were great, there are still some new faces that I didn't even know existed until an episode showed up about them but nonetheless the majority of the characters are likable and fun to watch. If anything the only issue with the series is perhaps it's slow pacing and the fact there are a lot of character-centric episodes but more character exposition is never really a bad thing and it'll ultimately pay off later. We never really got to see the Jinko boys play a tournament game and that's a little disappointing but there were still a lot of great matches and they were all presented really well.

8/10, I really hope this gets an S2 someday so we can see the Jinko boys grow further and finally play a tournament game.
Also am I the only one who finds the manager cute? Cause really no one seems to comment on her, she deserves more love. XD
Lelouch0202Mar 30, 2017 10:51 AM
Mar 30, 2017 10:47 AM

Jun 2014
Days is the anime that got me started on watching the Sport anime genre. So I gave All Out! a shot and I'm glad I did!

I really enjoyed the story, the characters, and even the music. I saw great character development.

The finale showed a great match and even highlighted the potential of several members on the team! You definitely got to see Ryoin's true side and how they like to demotivate and intimidate their opponents.

Overall 8/10! Hope we get a 2nd season!
CeissaDesisteMar 30, 2017 10:51 AM
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Mar 30, 2017 10:49 AM

Aug 2016
Pretty good anime, made me really hyped with the rugby games, 8/10!
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 30, 2017 10:51 AM

Jun 2014
They lost the match, which was pretty much expected once Jojo Ryujin entered the game. Pretty nice finale overall, I liked seeing the growth of this team over the course of the season. Personally though, I didn't really think this was anything special, but I'm not against a second season. 6/10 for this one.

When can we mark this as completed?

EDIT: Never mind it's officially "finished airing" now.
thebrentinator24Mar 30, 2017 11:18 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 30, 2017 10:59 AM

Aug 2016
I hope we'll have a second season, I really loved this show, so. It's a 8/10 for me.

Edith : Yes, MAL is doing shit with the completion.
Mar 30, 2017 11:22 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
They lost the last match between Ryujin , because this guy, the "number 20 " is strongerst!!!! O/ Lukcy don´t play all the stars, if not they, JInko boy, had lost by 30, also 70 points kekeke but they have the moral up the the next competition....come on to Hanzono!!!
Nice last episode and hope a second season ;)

8/10.
Mar 30, 2017 12:05 PM

Apr 2013
Was a decent show. I don't regret watching it. It didn't really have anything super special going for it, but I still enjoyed tuning in every week. Going to give it a 6.5/10
Mar 30, 2017 12:28 PM
Jun 2016
So, it's down to the final game...and once again Jinko loses....

Heavily (47-12)....

(I am a relative newcomer to the game of Rugby...and that looks bad).

But Jinko has grown as a team. When this series started, almost every member of the team was....shall we say....not too well motivated, had too many phobias, and too many issues.

But then they got a good coach, whose job really....hasn't been to teach them how to win.

No, what Jinko has learned is to love the game of Rugby, and to give it their all...out on the field...against any opponent.

So that at the end...what that Ryoujin star man said to them.....about their game being something that makes him get up on his feet and want to play..because they gave it their all..resonates with me.

This is what sports should be about...giving everything...win or lose.

9/10 for this anime
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Mar 30, 2017 1:24 PM

Sep 2015
Decent anime overall prob needs season 2.
Mar 30, 2017 1:33 PM

Jan 2017
I thought that Ryujin would be some kind of arrogant rugby genius, but in the end he was a nice guy.
Karasuno Fight!!!
Mar 30, 2017 1:41 PM

May 2015
Nice ending. Even though they lost, they could still laugh. It was really touching when Matsuo screamed.
I really want to see an improved version of Gion.
All in all, it was a nice and refreshing show, wouldn't mind another season. 8/10
Mar 30, 2017 1:50 PM

Sep 2016
tree trunk voice is still pissing me off

5/10, average
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 30, 2017 2:00 PM

Dec 2014
i relly liked this last ep. any one got word on season 2?
Mar 30, 2017 2:43 PM

Oct 2011
Season 2 Omfg Please! ! ! ! ! !
Mar 30, 2017 2:47 PM

Sep 2013
Ryujin is a BEAST, those poses and total domination XD
In the end Jinko truly went All Out! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sad that matsu didn't play but looks like he'll come around eventually.

8/10, the rugby sequences could be better animated instead of cutting to another frame everytime.
Mar 30, 2017 2:52 PM

Oct 2015
25 episodes of training, still i kinda enjoyed this anime, Ryuujin is pure SWAG xD
Overall ill give it a 7/10
Mar 30, 2017 3:11 PM

Feb 2013
A fine show, I would watch more if they make more.

7/10
Mar 30, 2017 4:21 PM

Dec 2014
I knew early on that I wasn't going to like this show but I stuck with it hoping it'd get better. It never got better. This is the worst sports anime I've watched and I don't think it's going to get beat unless I go out of my way to watch something terrible. I hated the character designs ever since I first saw them, they made an already bad show worse. It would've been nice if they went with semi-realistic character designs and not these cartoony looking ones. The soundtrack was also really bad but that just comes down to taste. The rock music though did nothing to get me the least bit excited.

I think at one point in the show the coach says that a rugby game is decided before the match even starts. That has to be the worst thing you could say in a sports setting were the only thing there really is to it is the games and for the show tell you that it's over before it even starts is so dumb. I'm rewatching Haikyuu and in one episode they say the exact opposite saying it isn't over until it's over. That's a way better outlook than telling your viewers "Yeah dude, all of this is pointless." I can't express enough how bad saying something like is for this kind of show.

I'm bummed that I didn't like this show because when it was first announced I was looking forward to seeing a nontraditional sports anime but it was a big letdown.

3/10
Mar 30, 2017 8:28 PM

Jun 2012
I was expecting a big Gion moment but that never happened. I really didnt like this at first but I wanna see them play a real match. Hoping for a second season.
Mar 30, 2017 10:58 PM

Apr 2009
Enjoyed it a lot, the only issue I have is too many still frames, rugby deserves more fluid animation, 9/10
Mar 31, 2017 2:10 AM

Dec 2014
well it was what I expected... the give the meaning of the show in the last episode....
Going all out is wat really matters in the end...
Mar 31, 2017 3:27 AM

Jun 2016
Well i can say that the finale is good even if they end up losing the battle with Ryoin. I'm starting to love the characters from Jinko because of their will to fight despite being inferior to the enemy. Too bad Ebumi gets less screen time on this battle.

PS - that pass by Komori-san was so Kakkui!!
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Mar 31, 2017 4:24 AM

Sep 2013
Started as a weak sport anime but it quickly became interesting,the animation was really good,the character developpement was strong and really interesting,the ending was a bit disappointing and looks like there's not going to be a second second.

6.5 overall
Deep dark fantasies
Mar 31, 2017 8:30 AM

Oct 2008
Damn! that Zanba Ryujin is one hell of an OverPowered.
Well I think Ryouin would still win even without Ryujin, just he want to play and test them and I think Zanba acknowledged Sekizan!
i'm gonna miss this All-Out show!
It's good to hear the ED1 again!
Let's aim for Season 2 MADHOUSE!
5/5.
8/10.

Mar 31, 2017 4:18 PM
Mar 2017
The soundtrack is really good. With the storyline, this anime bring back my memories about school. Loved this anime!
Mar 31, 2017 8:51 PM

Jan 2011
Lets just say not one of my favorite sports shows. Pretty disappointing that Madhouse couldn't make this more entertaining to watch. Guess it might not completely be the studios fault.

Characters didn't grow on me and everything before, during, and after the matches was completely unexciting. Maybe rugby just isn't my thing but I can also say tennis isn't my thing either and a show like Baby Steps was very fun and exciting to watch. I just think (unless the manga is just like as animated) this was crafted to be very bland.
Mar 31, 2017 9:45 PM

Apr 2011
best match out of all the matches in the show .

practice lol, but is it a practice when Jinko goes ALLOUT? every practice match never felt like practice.

Ryujin basically summed my feelings of this episode.

There's just something about seeing a person give every fiber of their being, that sparks excitement in others.
Apr 1, 2017 3:29 PM

Mar 2017
I'm going to miss this anime. It's been a while since I literally enjoyed a sports anime.
The character design too.. Am I the only one who thinks that Ryuujin's character design is too exaggerated.. that black eyes.

The only flaw that I have observed in this anime is that, they didn't get to show most of the characters development since the casting is so big. But all of them are lovable... all of them are special in their own way. My favorites characters from Jinko are Oohorano and Iwashimizu... as for the other team.. it's Miyuki and Sekito.

What the Ryoin's coach said is true.
"A player's mental state has a powerful effect on the game"
I really adore the fighting spirit of Jinko. They would always give their best and never give up even the situation is very hard. I'll miss my bbys especially Oohorano-kun
Wait.. Did Matsu-san made up with everyone? He cheered for them in the game.. so I guess they made up? What a relief!

I'm hoping for a Season 2!
I will definitely watch it :)

5/5
8/10

edit: Now i get it why All Out is the title haha.
eulsMay 8, 2018 11:32 AM

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 2, 2017 3:00 AM

Mar 2016
I am not going to deny that All Out!! left me a bit underwhelmed. I really wanted to love it, because I'm a fan of sports anime and because it's the first anime about rugby which is kind of a big deal in my country.

Positives: Great soundtrack: I really love the rock guitar riffs. Interesting characters that are easy to root for. Decent game play.

Negatives: Not enough game play. Three, four episodes of backstory and then an episode or two of a match makes this feel more like a school drama/slice of life anime than a sports anime. And while the game play is good, it's not great. It could be much more dynamic and exciting.

Overall, it's good, but not great. I'll stick with the 7/10 for Season 1 that I gave after watching the first few episodes.
Apr 2, 2017 4:01 AM

Mar 2009
euls said:

The character design too.. Am I the only one who thinks that Ryuujin's character design is too exaggerated.. that black eyes.

Nope! You're not alone. That guy is ridiculous looking.

Pretty good show overall. Coach Shingo will go down as being one of the most badass coaches in a sports series. Awesome dude.
Apr 6, 2017 10:38 PM

Oct 2016
I only have one thing to say... where is season 2? I hope they hurry and do it soon.

And to the haters... nobody is forcing you to watch. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Simple as that.
Apr 8, 2017 11:40 PM

Jun 2011
Another terrible sports anime, glad it ended. The characters are all terrible, too forced with all the backstory force-feed, okayish design but terribly girly for no other reason but to appease the fujoshi.

This shit is just cringe tbh.

Yet another sports anime that could not bring out the tension in the games, never felt excited for any of the games, aside from what Madhouse wanted us to believe with the "omg gritty art and animation". If the writing is good, it is good. The visual only serves as a side dish, not the main course.

The show is also inconsistent in both the characters and the tone. Middle portion of the series turned into some psychological shit for no reason, with a bunch of psycho characters who should be admitted into a psychiatric hospital. That dark pupil dude who stared down the red haired dude in this episode, and red hair looked terrified but there was no follow up, like, what was even the point? Was he trying to motivate or demotivate that dude?

What needed to be said have all been said in the "why the low rating" thread, this just ain't some good sports anime.

P.S. nobody is hating bruh @ #35, just because people disagree and criticise the show doesn't make them a hater. Stop being so sensitive and getting triggered.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 13, 2017 12:44 PM
Apr 2017
I loved the show.I really hope it gets a 2nd season because as a rugby player,I can truly relate to everything that was happening. I started as a freshman along with others who knew nothing about the game and seeing what we went through in the form of one of my favorite mediums was nostalgic and encouraging. 9/10
Apr 16, 2017 12:26 AM

Dec 2014
that giant and his eyes though....everytime he appeared I felt the show will turn into a fantasy...watched it on recommendation by an old friend ...loved this one...

Apr 20, 2017 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
It was a great anime and i enjoyed it a lot.
I knew that giant would play against them...but i thought that they would win :/
Anyways, so Jinko will never play again with the same team? What will happen now?

Everytime that giant appeared it was like if he was eating my soul with his eyes xD What a beast!

It was a great ending, they evolved so much since episode 1! So much hard work & motivation! It was a great run.
8/10

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 23, 2017 12:02 AM

Dec 2012
Great finale for a very good anime. Ryoin is an impressive player, they must have been so afraid to play against him. Jinko shoud be pride to have been recognized by him.

The story was a bit slow paced at first, but when we started to know all the characters, the story became more and more interesting.
They succeeded to make so many characters important, they are all unique and they all made progress at some point.

Madhouse made a great job to animate the matches, they were never boring and always had great OSTs. And the tackle especially Sekizan were really great.
One flaw, I don't know if it was also made in the manga, but sometimes the team acted like girls for no reason, it didn't fit to the show.

I loved the first ending! Please give us a second season!
SakaitsuApr 23, 2017 12:08 AM
Apr 25, 2017 12:28 PM

Aug 2016
I liked the first half of the season but then it became tedious. 5/10 for me.
Apr 27, 2017 11:14 PM

Mar 2015
This was a fun watch overall. Granted, the blushing and girly bits were a awkward af but thankfully they didn't make this series unwatchable.

9/10, hoping for a second season where they actually play more than practice matches!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 16, 2017 10:25 PM

Nov 2015
Anyone knows where the anime ended? I wanna read the manga :<
Jan 28, 2018 1:34 PM

Aug 2012
Finished the anime today.
I'm so happy with this anime. The anime gave the other characters also time to show them how they are. And I love how true they are to their personalities ^^

I must say, this episode gave me the feeling of: there will be a season 2.... but everything can happen so I don't wanna jinx anything XD
I JUST HOPE :D hahaha xD
Sep 16, 2018 2:03 PM
Aug 2012
great last episode as for me, but still it feels open towards second season or a movie- I wanna see them play at the upper level like Hanazono!) This show was well balanced between sports, relationships and funny moments!
May 19, 2019 2:52 PM

Dec 2012
Honestly, I cried. Would love a second season
Jun 6, 2019 4:01 AM

Jun 2009
god this anime was so disappointing in so many ways.

the animation and directing was trash. so many stills, slideshow, pan-and-scan closeups you'd think that rugby was a 2v2 game and not 15v15. there was no sense of depth to any shot when any player was on the field.

i started watching this when it was airing and was super hyped. i only just finished it.

pure unadulterated fujobait. it really shows that this anime was written by a 28 year old single woman that has never played rugby in her life.
loghneckbeardJun 6, 2019 4:22 AM
Oct 22, 2019 6:24 PM

Feb 2019
the show was alright, nothing to write home about, but still good.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Aug 11, 2021 6:26 PM

Jul 2013
I remember the first time I saw something about All Out! on youtube and immediately got interested. But I had never expected to enjoy a show about Rugby as much as I did. What was really nice is the fact that this not only focused on the main characters but also showed a lot of the other personalities and the development the team made.

For me personally this show was pure motivation which I haven't felt in a long time.

To the episode itself, even tho Jinko got pretty much destroyed in the second half due to the substitution of Zanba, Zekizan and Co. can be proud of themselves. Even Zanba acknowledged the passion they played with and also seems to looking forward to play Jinko again in an official match.

The ending was great. A lot of funny moments. Maybe all of this also motivated Matsuo enough to try hard again to get to Hanazono.

I know it's already 4 years since this finished but I would love to get a second season. Chances might be low but who knows what happens in the future. Nonetheless I had a great time with All Out. Thanks for that and Matane :)
Natsu88Aug 11, 2021 6:30 PM

Dec 18, 2022 8:19 AM
Jun 2021
It's 2022, and I'm still waiting for the second season.
I've watched this anime four times.
This Anime has introduced me to Rugby.
Such as player positions, rules, tackle, mauls, and some things that exist in Rugby.
9/10 Thank you.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

22 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 9:11 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

17 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 8:51 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

18 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 8:29 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

19 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 7:26 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

27 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 5:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.