Forum Settings
Forums

POLL: What is your most hated Gundam series?

New
Mar 27, 2017 12:03 PM

Oct 2015
I'm sure that some of you guys have watched few or most Gundam shows.
Comment your thoughs here.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 27, 2017 12:07 PM

Feb 2013
Space Gundam V that one's a doozy...
Mar 27, 2017 12:09 PM

Feb 2010
I haven't seen all from that list but G-Reco was the most painful for me to watch. I just didn't care about anything in that show.

The most hate that I felt while watching was probably CCA because of certain characters and their actions. Not really a bad movie, but very frustrating to watch.

I think ZZ will win though if enough people who watched the oldschool titles vote. Most people seem to dislike it quite a lot although I personally didn't find it all that bad. One of the weaker titles yes, but not infuriatingly so in my case.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 27, 2017 12:33 PM

May 2015
I have to agree with G-Reco. It was such a scattered mess. Being only 26 episodes with a horribly-executed ending doesn't help it much either.
Mar 27, 2017 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
Of the ones I've watched, Wing was the worst.
Mar 27, 2017 1:19 PM

Feb 2010
Turtles_Leader said:
Pullman said:
I haven't seen all from that list but G-Reco was the most painful for me to watch. I just didn't care about anything in that show.

The most hate that I felt while watching was probably CCA because of certain characters and their actions. Not really a bad movie, but very frustrating to watch.

I think ZZ will win though if enough people who watched the oldschool titles vote. Most people seem to dislike it quite a lot although I personally didn't find it all that bad. One of the weaker titles yes, but not infuriatingly so in my case.

I can understand for G-Reco, but it seems more like a pacing/writing problem, but the potential is here. But I wouldn't place it as the worse, even if it may be the most difficult to approach.

I'm totally with you on CCA. Char's actions don't fit with his MSG and Zeta self. And what happened to Irma Beltrochika? I totally agree with your analysis.

And for ZZ, even if the first part is clearly the worse, the second part, from the colony drop until the end, is much better. But all the wrongs were already done. But I don't think we should forget SEED destiny and Age. those 3 are the real shame trio. Seriously, Age was so bad. They got the second arc right, that's about it. first arc is not bad but so generic and déja vu. the 3rd and 4th arc are just a pain in the ass. Kyo is more annoying than shinn, he is boring. They should have kept the focus on Asem during his pirating days.
For SEED Destiny, it's not better. Shinn is so annoying, you just want to beat him to death with a shovel. They achieved the make Cagalli annoying when, she was a really good character in SEED. I won't even talk about the stupid godly couple (I never could stand Lacus, the best moment of the whole seed thing is the moment where she tries to kiss kira in the end of SEED, and she got avoided). Then there is the Stellar/Shin couple. They try to pull out a Four/Camille, but it fails so miserably it hurt. Also, the fact that Kira steal the show in its last quarter, and that the end is nearly the same as SEED's one. At least they got the Hawke sisters right.

I can't stand whinning heroes that are supposed to be the key to win a war anymore. Kira, Shinn, kyo...So in the end I don't know. ZZ is clearly the worse for its first part, but the second is pretty decent. SEED Destiny is less bad, but it's bad from the beginning to the end. Age is just uninteresting and badly done. So In the end I can't chose.

Well I don't plan to ever watch SEED or AGE because you're not the first one who says bad things about them ^^.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 27, 2017 1:26 PM

Jan 2016
ZZ Gundam though i'm not a fan of CCA.
Mar 27, 2017 1:31 PM

Aug 2007
ZZ isn't that bad, sure it had some really awful episodes during its early run. But afterwards it's pretty decent, tries to be Zeta in tone but kind of fails on that, but I can't hate on it that much anymore.

My most hated is Wing; awful storyline. OP Gundams destroy any sense of tension or excitement, even in the UC Gundam series', the pilot had better be skilled or else they're done in.

Unlikeable sociopath characters who spout nonsense, a lot of boring tropes not done in any sort of interesting way etc.

00 is Wing 2.0, and SEED/SEED Destiny is just...ugh because of Jesus Yamato.

Mar 27, 2017 1:35 PM

Oct 2014
Lol out of all of them you missed the by far worst

SD Gundam force....
Mar 27, 2017 1:50 PM

Aug 2007
Turtles_Leader said:
I beg to disagree. On the premise, I totally agree. On the quality, I'm sorry, but no. Especially for season 1. Season 2 is a bit weaker, but still, that's one of the strongest Gundam series.

Fair enough, but I just didn't enjoy the cast. I didn't like how their Gundams were still way too OP to the point of being boring. Storyline just felt convoluted as well with the 8 billion different factions.

Long as we can agree that season 2 is a disaster; the major antagonist is a guy that sits on a couch 95% of the time.

Mar 27, 2017 1:53 PM

Sep 2016
it cant be anything than g-reco. utter shite.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 27, 2017 2:05 PM

Jul 2011
I still need to finish all the UC, but I didn't hate any of the ones I've seen, including ZZ, which I've found pretty fun and good and definitely not the coming of the antichrist like people on the internet seems to believe.

The closer to hate that I've had with Gundam was the AUs that I've tried to watch, SEED and IBO, not because they were incredibly bad, but because they were just boring so I've dropped then and if I could I would trade the time that I spent with them rewatching some parts from ZZ.
Mar 27, 2017 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
This might be being ignorant I guess but I personally disliked G-Reconguista. Like, everything from the characters, towards their actions, towards the structure of the series itself, towards its own logic... etc. I just dislike it very much and it's not even good production standards in my eyes.

2nd comes for SEED Destiny because Seed was alright, but then this dumb shit came around and the entire series went full retard. And I used to like it until I rewatched it with my cousin Manny, and then yeah.
Mar 27, 2017 3:17 PM

Jul 2012
I've only seen up to seed but I have to go with Turn A. It was just kind of frustrating to watch a series in which the romances were even more crudely crammed in than usual, there seemed to be little to no progress for most of the series, and the even more formulaic pattern of the MC trying to break up every inconclusive skirmish.
Excluding SD Gundam which I kind of rule off as "well it's basically a kids show made solely to sell toys so I can't say I expected much."
Mar 27, 2017 3:31 PM

Sep 2014
Having seen all of them except for Origin, I would say the worst one is either AGE or Seed Destiny.
Seed was already pretty mediocre but everything falls apart in destiny, especially the characters and their progress.
Age had an interesting idea but turned out absolutely boring.

The hate for g-reco is unwarranted, it's far from being very good but looks really good, has probably the best character designs of all gundam and was overall a pretty enjoyable watch.
Seed was just frustrating.
Mar 27, 2017 5:31 PM

May 2010
Voted SEED Destiny in an instant. I haven't watched G-Reco and ZZ to compare. (right now these are the three most voted...)
Mar 27, 2017 5:40 PM

Dec 2015
G-Reco
Gundam X
Gundam Seed Destiny - Gundam Seed is pretty good, but Seed Destiny is utterly disappointing.
Mar 27, 2017 7:12 PM

Jun 2015
I can say with no hint of irony that G-Reco is the worst gundam title.
Mar 27, 2017 7:17 PM

Mar 2008
Hating Gundam is so overrated. Life's all about that Macross bashing yo
Mar 27, 2017 9:03 PM

Aug 2008
Easily ZZ is the worst.

https://ghostlightning.wordpress.com/2010/02/27/10-reasons-why-mobile-suit-zz-gundam-is-awesome/
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 28, 2017 5:02 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
SD Gundam Force, fuck that shitty disgrace

Even when I was a kid I already disgusted by it

Followed by G-Reco, much better than SD Gundam Force, but still crappy

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 28, 2017 9:08 AM

Feb 2015
So far I enjoyed all Gundams that I've seen, but I heard Seed Destiny is the worst one.
Mar 28, 2017 9:18 AM

Jul 2009
ZZ was godawfully bad, but thankfully you can skip it and watch Char's Counterattack instead without getting too lost (did this at first but came back to watch ZZ anyways lol).

SEED Destiny on the other hand was not only terrible, but brought back the annoying cast from the original with the addition of new mediocre characters. The amount if cringe was also unreal.

At least G-Reco had some nice fights and sick-looking mobile suits.

I vote for SEED Destiny.
Mar 29, 2017 6:19 PM

Aug 2014
romagia said:

I almost misread the title too. Space Gundam V and Doozy Bots can't be surpassed.

Worst is Destiny.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 29, 2017 6:25 PM

Jun 2012
Ckan said:
Hating Gundam is so overrated. Life's all about that Macross bashing yo
No, that's not where you're supposed to lead!
OchimushaMar 29, 2017 6:30 PM
Mar 29, 2017 6:27 PM

Aug 2013
Gundam Wing by far, would love to see Heero and Relena killed with a Heat Hawk.
Mar 29, 2017 6:36 PM

Sep 2011
I think chars counterattack, G-reco, and stardust memory are the worst the series ever has been, but I say char's counterattack is my most hated even if I consider the other 2 much worse in terms of writing simply cause CCA basically shits all over the entries that came before it and wastes a ton of excellent characters. I think had it been longer than a movie something substantial could of existed but as it stands its a 3/10. At least with G-reco and stardust they are standalone trainwrecks that dont harm their prequels (079, and turn-A....yes G-reco is a turn-A sequel cause tominos gone senile) but CCA retroactively hurts 079 and zeta massively.

Actually all 3 of those are insanely well animated entries but unfortunately have the worst fucking writing, wish something better would of gotten their talents.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 29, 2017 6:38 PM

Apr 2016
While I can't think of any that I downright hate, Gundam SEED Destiny gave me the most to dislike and is probably the worst one I've seen, up there with Gundam 00 Second Season (which I believe should be separate from season 1 in this poll). Both of these have an innumerable amount of character and especially story-writing problems attached to them and some of their worst moments were extremely bothersome due to the sheer stupidity of the characters.
Mar 29, 2017 11:22 PM

Feb 2013
QuattroVaginas said:
romagia said:

I almost misread the title too. Space Gundam V and Doozy Bots can't be surpassed.

Worst is Destiny.
what the heck
i didnt knew Doozy bots was a thing o_0
Mar 29, 2017 11:32 PM

Aug 2012
Seed and Destiny were both very hard watches for me. I disliked pretty much everything from Seed besides the Strike Gundam, and pretty much every Astray variant.
Mar 30, 2017 9:59 AM

Aug 2014
G-reco is winning over Destiny?? If Tomino only got the 50 episodes he wanted. Good thing he's making that compilation movie.

romagia said:
QuattroVaginas said:

Worst is Destiny.
what the heck

Oh. Nice word choice then.

Also, just realized Space Gundam V isn't on MAL, but Johnny Destiny: Space Ninja is.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 30, 2017 10:09 AM

Feb 2013
QuattroVaginas said:
G-reco is winning over Destiny?? If Tomino only got the 50 episodes he wanted. Good thing he's making that compilation movie.

romagia said:
what the heck

Oh. Nice word choice then.

Also, just realized Space Gundam V isn't on MAL, but Johnny Destiny: Space Ninja is.
don't worry, as soon as i heard of it, i suggested it to the database
Mar 30, 2017 10:35 AM

Aug 2014
Turtles_Leader said:
QuattroVaginas said:

Since the diffusion, I always thought it looked like half-way through pre production, Sunrise said : well, you know, you'll only have 26 episode instead of 50, so manage something for the already ready episodes. In the end we have an horrible narration, that even long time fans had problems with. ZZ, Age and SEED Destiny may be bad, but at least you get what they're trying to tell you. The first half of G-Reco didn't. Even a good story would turn out bad with bad story telling. I have a feeling that's what the problem with G-Reco.

I agree, can't stifle genius. But I was mostly making a joke on how he's planning to fix it with a movie when he couldn't tell his story in 26 episodes.

Turtles_Leader said:
The early episodes are horrible, the characters action make no sense, it looks like they act on drugs...

That's just Tomino being realistic. Them teenagers are always on drugs. Think people had the same reaction to his characters when King Gainer came out.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 30, 2017 8:31 PM

Feb 2015
chars counter attack, but dishonerable mention goes 0083 stardust memory
Mar 31, 2017 12:13 AM

Dec 2013
I used to think SEED as the worst Gundam ever with how Jesus Yamato reign his bollock all over the series, also its unthinkable popularity made it even worse, however Destiny and Shin had to come and to my surprise Kira looked better suddenly.
Mar 31, 2017 1:31 AM

Jun 2015
I always see a lot of hate for SEED Destiny, but I can never really understand it.

I'll always admit the show has a LOT of problems, poor characters/motivations, Kira's God-tier plot armour etc. But on the whole I did get some enjoyment out of the show and could folllow along with it nicely.

G-Reco on the other hand....

While it has GORGEOUS animation, good sound design and fun battles. Just... What the hell is happening? The story is nigh-on inpenetrable and honestly, looking back on it I would struggle to tell you who was doing what for what reason. I enjoy understanding a story and G-Reco tried to do too much with not enough time.

I can accept ass-pull tropes and weak characters if the story is comprehendable, I won't rate the show too highly but I'll enjoy it. What I can't deal with is a cluster bomb of ideas and incomprehensible plot-threads thrown at me at lightning speed and leave me bewildered, no matter how good the art is.
Mar 31, 2017 1:39 AM

Feb 2016
I haven't seen all of "G-Reco" but I don't like it for what I've seen so far. But the worst one was SD Gundam Force in my opinion.
Mar 31, 2017 1:47 AM

Feb 2010
seed, seed desteny, 00, and wing.

00 is basically a modern wing and it only had 2 characters i atcauly care about.

sadly wing only had one redeeming character and that was death sycthe gundam

seed in my opinion was chalk full or whiny brats
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 31, 2017 3:54 AM

Mar 2009
I haven't seen a ton of Gundam series, but since Wing's only redeeming quality is having some sweet OPs, I'd have to go with that one. I'm not a big fan on the original either, but Char keeps it out of my "worst" pile.
I mean, Duo was clearly too good for Wing, if he had been the only main instead of adding 3 whiny emos, we might've gotten a pretty good series.
Mar 31, 2017 4:22 AM

Jan 2016
FallnKnightFakir said:
I haven't seen a ton of Gundam series, but since Wing's only redeeming quality is having some sweet OPs, I'd have to go with that one. I'm not a big fan on the original either, but Char keeps it out of my "worst" pile.
I mean, Duo was clearly too good for Wing, if he had been the only main instead of adding 3 whiny emos, we might've gotten a pretty good series.

The original suffers a bit the age but it's still one of the best imho.

The retelling of the manga Gundam the Origin with some changes for the characters and some events made it the best Gundam series. The manga is damn good, i hope for a full adaptation one day and not only the Char and Sayla backstory.

MAL did a good thing at giving the OVAs the alternative version tag and not the prequel one.
Apr 5, 2017 1:50 AM

Feb 2016
Gundam Seed Destiny and Gundam Build Fighters Try.
Now I adored thee first season of Build Fighters but Try ruined everything that made Build Fighters great.
Try has poorly written rivals, cringeworthy dialogue, fucking stock footage on Sekai moves, Sekai harem bullshit and no too mention plot armour was really out of control.
Shin Destiny 3 words = FUCKING STOCK FOOTAGE

Apr 5, 2017 1:54 AM
Mar 2011
seed all of it
W
G

the only au gumdam woth a dam is X and Turn A

the worst uc is Double Zeta
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 5, 2017 3:51 AM

Dec 2015
Just how can 0079 even be considered as a poll choice?

Disclaimer: I have yet to watch Turn A, Reconguista no G, X the Seed saga and Tekketsu.

Mmh...
Probably Wing. I dislike Wing/00 shared concept but at least 00 was able to deliver it.
I had to interrupt Seed because of its heavy soap-operatic tone, even worse than in Zeta, so I can't be sure.
In both Wing and Seed, I dislike the phenomenon they triggered in the TV and the fansub audiences of the West when it comes to Gundam.

F91: the only hateful thing here is the sabotage. They should have from the start opted for a story shared on several high-quality movies.

AGE: at least, I liked the sincere hommage of Hino. Bandai should not have decided to make a series out of what was first planned as games.

Unicorn: apart from looking good (at least as far as digital animation can go with Yasuhiko's drawings), I wonder how a deluxe product for japanese grown-ups became such a trendy robots show among (english-speaking/western) internet crowds.

G-Reco: from the first episodes I have seen, it looks interesting. And despite my dislike of the Eureka/Gainer style, it looks great.

IBO: seems okay.

I have not the slightest idea how Char's counterattack could be judged worst Gundam opus with all the choices we have, even should we count only the ones taking place in the original universe.

DateYutaka said:
the worst UC is Double Zeta.

Now, I want to read how it measures against non-UC series in your opinion.

edit @DateYutaka Thank you for your answer.
Now, I am regretting my question. I was under the impression that Turn A was going to be pretty good in general, raising above such mild series as ZZ.
OST-wise, this choice seems like the obvious one: the music of Victory catched me from the beginning, and Turn A has the benefit of Kanno's work.
About opening/ending songs, the problem exists even out of Gundam since the moment they start promoting independant songs rather than making ones for the series. But yes, Wing's opening doesn't go with the series (probably the reason why I can like it while despising the show).
Rei_IIIApr 5, 2017 4:09 AM
Apr 5, 2017 4:02 AM
Mar 2011
Rei366 said:
Just how can 0079 even be considered as a poll choice?

Mmh...
Probably Wing. I dislike Wing/00 shared concept but at least 00 was able to deliver it.
I had to interrupt Seed because of its heavy soap-operatic tone, even worse than in Zeta, so I can't be sure.
In both Wing and Seed, I dislike the phenomenon they triggered in the TV and the fansub audiences of the West when it comes to Gundam.

F91: the only hateful thing here is the sabotage. They should have from the start opted for a story shared on several high-quality movies.

AGE: at least, I liked the sincere hommage of Hino. Bandai should not have decided to make a series out of what was first planned as games.

G-Reco: from the first episodes I have seen, it looks interesting. And despite my dislike of the Eureka/Gainer style, it looks great.

IBO: seems okay.

I have not the slightest idea how Char's counterattack could be judged worst Gundam opus with all the choices we have, even should we count only the ones taking place in the original universe.

DateYutaka said:
the worst UC is Double Zeta.

Now, I want to read how it measures against non-UC series in your opinion.

ZZ
is Beyyer than W and G
same level as Turn A
but X is better than ZZ X is the best non Tomino Tv gundam anime story wise

Music wsie Turn A is the best non UC Gundam just behind V has the best Ost in the whole franchise top to Bottom but my fave Gundam Op in anime Janai

Most Gundam op and ed these days are just random songs that some while good in there owb right over all od not fit the tone of gundam as whole this began with W Two Mix does not fit gundam at all

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 5, 2017 4:13 AM

Nov 2013
Already watched old Tomino series, but somehow I could only survive 8 episodes of G-Reco. Dropped it. I might pick it up again later though.
Apr 5, 2017 4:24 AM

Feb 2015
I've only watched Gundam Seed and Destiny, and dropped Destiny after the first few episodes because it was so bad. So, that one.
May 27, 2023 5:31 PM
Apr 2022
ibo is shit and you are retarded to even remotely see that as a masterpiece since it flopped hard.
00 was pretty awful.
Thank god japan doesn't listen to dumbass new gundam fans from the west
May 27, 2023 7:34 PM
Mar 2015
No one should say Wing was the worst. It's the most celebrated one in the west and the only Gundam series whose central characters are the best, so why disagree? It's a non-issue. All of them pale in comparison to Wing!
May 27, 2023 7:46 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Gundam Wing, 100%. That anime is so dull and boring and I was like, "thank god it's over" as soon as I finished Endless Waltz. At least the openings are good.
May 27, 2023 8:00 PM

Sep 2008
Far as a Top 3 for worst titles for me:

1. Reco in G: Largely a mess with the plot, themes, and characters it tries to cram together.
2. F91: Largely for why Sunrise thought it was a bright idea to cram 13 episodes of a cancelled TV anime into a 2 hour film.
3. SEED Destiny: Kira might grate on my nerves with SEED. But Shinn's easily the worst Gundam male lead I've seen to date within the franchise.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is the harem genre trashy? ( 1 2 )

JustSomeone15 - May 19

66 by BigBoyAdvance »»
1 minute ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

90 by Cammell »»
2 minutes ago

» What's the most interesting thing that came out of an anime girl's mouth?

Catalano - 1 hour ago

14 by BigBoyAdvance »»
3 minutes ago

» How many completed is considered a lot to you ( 1 2 3 )

Ice-Cube - Jul 9, 2022

107 by JessicaKari »»
3 minutes ago

» Thoughts on NA?

lezbifriends - May 19

25 by Lhundrup »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.