Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 26, 2017 7:06 PM
Sep 2014
LiquidGold said:
SHINO MISSED. Are you fucking kidding me man this has to be the biggest choke in gundam. You had one job Shino. How much longer do we have to wait to see Iok die the man's plot armor is insane. Action was good this episode and Bael looks amazing hoping to see more of it fight next episode. I didn't really care for the bromance this episode.

It was't his fault julieta hit his cannon with her sword whip
Feb 26, 2017 7:14 PM

Oct 2008
F**ker this is so frustrating! Shino missed and dies also GRRR!
Mikazuki, Burn and Annihilate them all!
5/5.

Feb 26, 2017 7:28 PM

Feb 2012
Noice said:
LiquidGold said:
SHINO MISSED. Are you fucking kidding me man this has to be the biggest choke in gundam. You had one job Shino. How much longer do we have to wait to see Iok die the man's plot armor is insane. Action was good this episode and Bael looks amazing hoping to see more of it fight next episode. I didn't really care for the bromance this episode.

It was't his fault julieta hit his cannon with her sword whip

Shit you're right I had to rewatched it 3 times but i saw it. I can't believe I missed it. I owe Shino an apology. Sorry Shino my bad you still awesome.
Feb 26, 2017 7:36 PM

Jun 2015
What an intense episode. The action was awesome. I knew Shino was going to die, but was still heartbreaking. It sucks he missed his shot because of Julietta. His bromance with Yamagi was nice. Rastall had the upper hand because of the forbidden weapons. Things are not looking very good. I hope Tekkadan pulls through.
Feb 26, 2017 7:47 PM
Jun 2010
In terms of gundam ranking I actually really like gundam flauros/ ryusei-go IV because its more powerful than kimaris and gusion. It reminds me of gundam justice and aegis from gundam seed because of their color and transformation. I also like shino's character. It hurts and i started to cry from the moment yamagi tied shino's hand into the controller ( cried a lot ).

Julieta, iok and galigali are fools for following rustal. Mcgillis should have use and wave his ass to get rustal's favor since he already knows rustal's power within arianhold so that he can destroy his enemy inside their organization ratherthan fighting him head to head without contingency plan. Killing carta and galigali and making almiria his wife wont take him into power. He's not a great tactician like rustal thats why orga's decision to team with mcgillis cause him lost some of his reliable comrades/family member to die. Mcgillis childish dream makes him a foolish man.

Orga is the one having a hard time here. Their facial expression when shino died shows that they already know and said that they dont have a place to hide or go to thats why they chose to fight and remember that orga asked their side about making them the king of mars and they agree to what orga thinks. They have faith in orga's decision. Its because they followed mcgillis plan that makes them lost their family member.

Mikazuki said that he felt at ease when takaki left the group because of his sister and he asked orga why then he answered that they'll get to know it. I think they'll get to know it after the fight if they're still alive. Well will see this remaining 5 episodes.
Feb 26, 2017 9:08 PM

Jan 2014
I'm fucking pissed and bawling my eyes out right now. I knew it was going to happen BUT NOT LIKE THIS. WHAT THE FUCKING HELL. Yamagi didn't even get to confess to him and he just had to miss that last shot to the butterfly-eating bitch. FUCK. FUUUUUCK. FUCK THIS SHIT.
Feb 26, 2017 9:09 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now that was intense. Loved this episode with all the action in space and Barbardos in full battle mode.

The little bits of bromance was a nice balance too.
Mika impressed me as usual.

What an intense ending, holy shit.

Yamagi loved him romantically. Fuck off with that bromance shit.
Feb 26, 2017 9:27 PM

Dec 2009
I don't even know what to say. I'm crying so damn hard and Shino was one of my favorite characters. I really wanted Yamagi to full on confess in the end but I feel like part of Shino already knew which is why he invited him to drink one on one. Seeing Shino the most calm and collected member of Tekkadan fall into a fit of rage and despair at the end literally broke my soul.
Feb 26, 2017 9:29 PM

Jan 2014

"When I die, make those bloom like that."

"If you die, I won’t forgive you."
Feb 26, 2017 9:33 PM

Dec 2009
Jotakak said:

"When I die, make those bloom like that."

"If you die, I won’t forgive you."

Thank you for posting this.
Feb 26, 2017 9:39 PM

Jan 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
I don't even know what to say. I'm crying so damn hard and Shino was one of my favorite characters. I really wanted Yamagi to full on confess in the end but I feel like part of Shino already knew which is why he invited him to drink one on one. Seeing Shino the most calm and collected member of Tekkadan fall into a fit of rage and despair at the end literally broke my soul.

I really hope he knew but it hurts because even if that was true, Yamagi didn't think he did and that's what matters and I hate myself.

Also, Biscuit and now Shino DIED BECAUSE MIKA COULDN'T HOLD THESE BITCHES DOWN.
Feb 26, 2017 10:14 PM

Dec 2009
Roloko said:
Iok was there so its not surprising his plot armor protected them all.

I both hate what you're saying but can't dispute it either. The villains have more plot protection then any of the main characters.
Feb 26, 2017 10:36 PM
Dec 2014
Jotakak said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

I really hope he knew but it hurts because even if that was true, Yamagi didn't think he did and that's what matters and I hate myself.

Also, Biscuit and now Shino DIED BECAUSE MIKA COULDN'T HOLD THESE BITCHES DOWN.
I don't how why Mika can't kill IBO women who kill his Fam.
Feb 27, 2017 12:08 AM

Jan 2008
While I liked the idea of Shino/Yamagi and I liked their scenes in this episode, Shino's death didn't really shake me as much as Biscuit and Naze's. I liked Shino but I don't know why I didn't feel much. I'd have liked to see his relationship with Yamagi getting somewhere, which I highly doubt as he is totally a ladies man but who knows what would have happened if he stayed alive and realized Yamagi's feelings for him. Also, maybe Okada didn't want to go that route with them and so she had to kill Shino off.

I'm not sure anymore who is on the wrong and who is on the right. McGillis has his ideals which I'm not sure he will be able to see through to the end. Rustal has his own agenda as well and he is willing to sacrifice his own people for that cause. Now, I just hope he doesn't end up betraying Gaelio. Some people say that Gaelio doesn't understand where McGillis comes from but does that make McGillis a good guy? I don't think so. Honestly, I don't root for either McGillis or Rustal as they they're both fucked up but I'd prefer that Gaelio survives this. I don't care for Iok and Julieta as well. I want Tekkadan to survive this as well but that's highly unlikely. I highly doubt both Mikazuki and Orga will survive but who knows. Only five more episodes. I just hope it will have a good finale and not a rushed or nonsense one.
Feb 27, 2017 12:12 AM
Apr 2016
Pretty good action.

Loser missed the shot, so he dies. Appropriate logic, happens all the time in video games.

If they won this battle, I think IBO would have a decent ending. I feel like it's headed towards a 00-esque ending, with many sequel-movies to fill in what cannot be filled.
Feb 27, 2017 12:19 AM

Dec 2009
Allen750 said:
Pretty good action.

Loser missed the shot, so he dies. Appropriate logic, happens all the time in video games.

If they won this battle, I think IBO would have a decent ending. I feel like it's headed towards a 00-esque ending, with many sequel-movies to fill in what cannot be filled.

He didn't miss because he was a loser -_- he missed because the bitch threw a piece of her mobile suit arm and hit his canon, which made his shot misfire.
Feb 27, 2017 12:21 AM

Aug 2015
Jotakak said:
butterfly-eating bitch

HAHAHA

Totally forgot about that, lol
Feb 27, 2017 12:27 AM

Apr 2009
HatsumiShinogu said:
While I liked the idea of Shino/Yamagi and I liked their scenes in this episode, Shino's death didn't really shake me as much as Biscuit and Naze's. I liked Shino but I don't know why I didn't feel much. I'd have liked to see his relationship with Yamagi getting somewhere, which I highly doubt as he is totally a ladies man but who knows what would have happened if he stayed alive and realized Yamagi's feelings for him. Also, maybe Okada didn't want to go that route with them and so she had to kill Shino off.

Okada didn't have an hand in the pairing, it was all on Nagai.

I don't it's a stretch to think he may have reciprocated (Especially if you go by Shino's VA words), given the framing in their last scene and the overly-romantic mood, the general direction make you feel that something could have happened, with the right setup.

But like Lafter, he was another IBO underused character that had to die for the drama.

Feb 27, 2017 1:21 AM

Sep 2011
Welp RIP Shino. You were a glorious anime Johnny Bravo.

And Iok aka reverse Patrick Colosaur lives yet again. I guess nothing nice ever happens in Gundam.

Also, RIP Yanagi's mental state. I sincerely doubt someone as dense as Shino picked up on what he was laying down.
Feb 27, 2017 3:09 AM

Jan 2008
Jin_uzuki said:

I don't it's a stretch to think he may have reciprocated (Especially if you go by Shino's VA words), given the framing in their last scene and the overly-romantic mood, the general direction make you feel that something could have happened, with the right setup.

But like Lafter, he was another IBO underused character that had to die for the drama.

Well, whoever it was didn't want this pairing to happen. The same to be said for Akihiro/Lafter.

Well, Shino might have learned to reciprocate Yamagi's feelings if he lived but who knows. I see Shino as the player type but maybe falling in love will change him. I like Shino/Yamagi but I just never thought it'd happen.
Feb 27, 2017 3:28 AM
Apr 2016
sakura_sokoro said:
In terms of gundam ranking I actually really like gundam flauros/ ryusei-go IV because its more powerful than kimaris and gusion. It reminds me of gundam justice and aegis from gundam seed because of their color and transformation. I also like shino's character. It hurts and i started to cry from the moment yamagi tied shino's hand into the controller ( cried a lot ).

Julieta, iok and galigali are fools for following rustal. Mcgillis should have use and wave his ass to get rustal's favor since he already knows rustal's power within arianhold so that he can destroy his enemy inside their organization ratherthan fighting him head to head without contingency plan. Killing carta and galigali and making almiria his wife wont take him into power. He's not a great tactician like rustal thats why orga's decision to team with mcgillis cause him lost some of his reliable comrades/family member to die. Mcgillis childish dream makes him a foolish man.

Orga is the one having a hard time here. Their facial expression when shino died shows that they already know and said that they dont have a place to hide or go to thats why they chose to fight and remember that orga asked their side about making them the king of mars and they agree to what orga thinks. They have faith in orga's decision. Its because they followed mcgillis plan that makes them lost their family member.

Mikazuki said that he felt at ease when takaki left the group because of his sister and he asked orga why then he answered that they'll get to know it. I think they'll get to know it after the fight if they're still alive. Well will see this remaining 5 episodes.

Gaelio is not following Rustal, Gaelio together with Ein are trying to stop McGillis from his insane views on world order. The other two are fools, are the next episode they are going to find out why.
Re:formed
Feb 27, 2017 3:29 AM

Mar 2014
HatsumiShinogu said:
Jin_uzuki said:

Well, whoever it was didn't want this pairing to happen. The same to be said for Akihiro/Lafter.

Well, Shino might have learned to reciprocate Yamagi's feelings if he lived but who knows. I see Shino as the player type but maybe falling in love will change him. I like Shino/Yamagi but I just never thought it'd happen.

Yamagi would have had to be female for the ship to happen
Feb 27, 2017 3:36 AM

Apr 2009
AnimeSoap said:
HatsumiShinogu said:

Bisexuality is a thing, you know. <_> Again, Shino's voice actor pretty much thinks Shino would have accepted him, even if you think "it's just the VA's opinion", there no doubt the show planted the idea and didn't outright rejected it.

I don't think it's particularity different from what the did with Akihiro/Lafter, i.e. it would have possible had one of them not died.

Feb 27, 2017 3:40 AM

Mar 2014
Jin_uzuki said:
AnimeSoap said:

Bisexuality is a thing, you know. <_> Again, Shino's voice actor pretty much thinks Shino would have accepted him, even if you think "it's just the VA's opinion", there no doubt the show planted the idea and didn't outright rejected it.

I don't think it's particularity different from what the did with Akihiro/Lafter, i.e. it would have possible had one of them not died.

Sure he could be bisexual. Shino didn't seem interested to me though.
Feb 27, 2017 4:01 AM
Jun 2010
Gaelio clearly said that he'll follow rustal...he was undecided when he was wearing the mask but after his small talk with mcgillis he decided to follow rustal
Feb 27, 2017 4:03 AM
May 2012
I KNOW THIS IS MY RANT BECAUSE SEEMS PEOPLE ON MAL FORUM NOWADAYS DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE ABOUT MY FEELINGS OVER POST/THOUGHTS & QUESTIONS THAT I'VE BEEN POSTING IN EVERY DISCUSSION THREAD ANYMORE.

FIRST OF ALL, HOW COME DID HE MISSED THE SHOT???!!
IS SHINO REALLY DEAD??!!!

Only 5 more episodes left but I wish I could throttle something with a lead-pipe right now, because I am so damn angry just like what happened in the last episode because it's hard to wrap around my head with the shit happens lately.

I mean next episode could be worst but, I don't care whether I've been sit here, running my mouth all the time not just other anime that I've been seen these years (that's not what you guys think due to bad writings or something). Is just that I've tried to stay calm all day and it's killing me. Why am I trying to stay so calm, it's killing me after what just happened at the end of the episode.

Oh, I heard that Rustal Elion would be a final boss in this show. Besides, I wish that WIMP IOK could just DROP DEAD FOR REAL. God, I just want to scream and punch something right now because I would rather to see Mcgillis turns evil & turn on Mikazuki. FUCK MY LIFE, REALLY.
JafriZinFeb 27, 2017 4:42 AM
Feb 27, 2017 5:01 AM
Feb 2014
Everyone calling it a "bromance" is hilarious xD
Feb 27, 2017 5:03 AM
Feb 2014
JeffreyZin said:
I KNOW THIS IS MY RANT BECAUSE SEEMS PEOPLE ON MAL FORUM NOWADAYS DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE ABOUT MY FEELINGS OVER POST/THOUGHTS & QUESTIONS THAT I'VE BEEN POSTING IN EVERY DISCUSSION THREAD ANYMORE.

FIRST OF ALL, HOW COME DID HE MISSED THE SHOT???!!
IS SHINO REALLY DEAD??!!!

Only 5 more episodes left but I wish I could throttle something with a lead-pipe right now, because I am so damn angry just like what happened in the last episode because it's hard to wrap around my head with the shit happens lately.

I mean next episode could be worst but, I don't care whether I've been sit here, running my mouth all the time not just other anime that I've been seen these years (that's not what you guys think due to bad writings or something). Is just that I've tried to stay calm all day and it's killing me. Why am I trying to stay so calm, it's killing me after what just happened at the end of the episode.

Oh, I heard that Rustal Elion would be a final boss in this show. Besides, I wish that WIMP IOK could just DROP DEAD FOR REAL. God, I just want to scream and punch something right now because I would rather to see Mcgillis turns evil & turn on Mikazuki. FUCK MY LIFE, REALLY.

Julieta threw her arm at the Super Galaxy Cannon, causing him to miss :(
Feb 27, 2017 5:24 AM

Oct 2009
FUCK!!!!! This really pissed me off!!!!! Shino was obviously going to die but I really expected him to finish the job because of how shit their luck has been lately.

I am way more sad over Shino than Lafter D':

This can't be a coincidence..

Feb 27, 2017 5:26 AM

Sep 2016
Aozure said:
FUCK!!!!! This really pissed me off!!!!! Shino was obviously going to die but I really expected him to finish the job because of how shit their luck has been lately.

I am way more sad over Shino than Lafter D':

This can't be a coincidence..

his plot barrier is stronger than trap card mirror force
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 27, 2017 5:30 AM
Sep 2013
Can no one see the fault in the plot? It almost feels like whoever comes up with this story thinks everyone is an idiot (like many things in life these days, apparently). But seriously, what the fuck? So apparently they pulled out this secret weapon, called the "real Dáinsleif".
And that guy had to aim this supposedly to be more powerful version of their Dáinsleif at that fucking tiny small point above the big whole fucking ship? Completely missing it, did 0 damage at all. Ended with a frustrating death. I am sure if he would have fired that thing, as long as it goes through the main body of ship, it will blow up for sure....
At least then, even if Rustal and Iok survive, it wouldn't look like a complete waste of exercise.
Feb 27, 2017 5:51 AM
Apr 2016
lagpipi said:
Can no one see the fault in the plot? It almost feels like whoever comes up with this story thinks everyone is an idiot (like many things in life these days, apparently). But seriously, what the fuck? So apparently they pulled out this secret weapon, called the "real Dáinsleif".
And that guy had to aim this supposedly to be more powerful version of their Dáinsleif at that fucking tiny small point above the big whole fucking ship? Completely missing it, did 0 damage at all. Ended with a frustrating death. I am sure if he would have fired that thing, as long as it goes through the main body of ship, it will blow up for sure....
At least then, even if Rustal and Iok survive, it wouldn't look like a complete waste of exercise.

What you have just described as a "fault in the plot" (which does not exist in this reality by the default), is just your own version of a plot where not "everyone is an idiot". You have also invented physics for their universe. Oh, and the ship's armour characteristics. Aaaaaand the consequences of one part being hit resulting in a continuous combustion in the ship's interior.
Know your privilege, please.
Re:formed
Feb 27, 2017 6:58 AM

Apr 2008
lagpipi said:

Everybody who watched this show knew it was a meaningless suicide mission that will grant 0 results. Why? Because there is still 5 episodes left, duh.

yuriski said:
I really like(d) this series, but I am not sure I can keep watching it.

It's become so stupidly corny. I mean, who among the audience actually thought this was going to work?
And they are not even trying to hide which character is going to die.

I miss when this show was about how Tekkadan could win through a mixture of cleverness, ruthlessness and skill.
Now it's just about how many people will die for stupid plans and ideals.

Yup, the plot is getting progressively more retarded with each episode. But that has been the case since Biscuit death in first season.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Feb 27, 2017 7:34 AM

Jan 2008
Jin_uzuki said:
AnimeSoap said:

Oh, sure. Bisexuality is a thing but Shino didn't look like a bisexual to me. If Shino would ever be interested in Yamagi, it'd be because Yamagi is cute and somehow looks like a girl. I'm sorry but I don't think Shino bats for the other team. To me, he's a ladies man and he never showed any hint of being interested in men. Still, I wouldn't deny that something might have happened if he lived and since Yamagi would most probably make his feelings clear and even confess. I'm not against it. Actually, I pretty much ship it but I still don't think they'd have gone with this ship. Now, the biggest surprise would be if Shino turns out to be alive. :P Not going to happen but just saying.

About Akihiro and Lafter, I'm sure you noticed that Akihiro wasn't interested in her as more than a friend and comrade. If Lafter lived and decided to stay with Tekkadan, them becoming a couple is a possibility especially that she's the one who will pursue it and I could see Akihiro relenting and returning her feelings eventually. However, this latest episode made it even more clear that he never had someone he loved and that he doesn't need any woman.
Feb 27, 2017 7:35 AM

Apr 2014
a great but very Frustrating ep its just i just knew that final plan would fail like it did not to mention that guy was gonna get killed obviously but still very Frustrating in the end
"one step at a time"
Feb 27, 2017 8:15 AM
Apr 2016
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Allen750 said:
Pretty good action.

He didn't miss because he was a loser -_- he missed because the bitch threw a piece of her mobile suit arm and hit his canon, which made his shot misfire.

Shino was the Atlanta Falcons, but Julieta Tom Brady'd his hailmary missile during OT.

Let's send a pilot with a broken arm out. Good luck brah. Hope you don't miss.

>misses
Feb 27, 2017 8:16 AM

Dec 2011
Man Iok is riding with Rustal... that is plot armor for you. >.<
McGillis seems to appear an incompetent commander to me in this episode at least. Sigh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2017 9:29 AM

Apr 2009
HatsumiShinogu said:
Jin_uzuki said:

Oh, sure. Bisexuality is a thing but Shino didn't look like a bisexual to me. If Shino would ever be interested in Yamagi, it'd be because Yamagi is cute and somehow looks like a girl. I'm sorry but I don't think Shino bats for the other team. To me, he's a ladies man and he never showed any hint of being interested in men. Still, I wouldn't deny that something might have happened if he lived and since Yamagi would most probably make his feelings clear and even confess. I'm not against it. Actually, I pretty much ship it but I still don't think they'd have gone with this ship. Now, the biggest surprise would be if Shino turns out to be alive. :P Not going to happen but just saying.

About Akihiro and Lafter, I'm sure you noticed that Akihiro wasn't interested in her as more than a friend and comrade. If Lafter lived and decided to stay with Tekkadan, them becoming a couple is a possibility especially that she's the one who will pursue it and I could see Akihiro relenting and returning her feelings eventually. However, this latest episode made it even more clear that he never had someone he loved and that he doesn't need any woman.

Oh, I don't think Shino would have naturally pursued relationships with men, but in general I got the feeling he (or rather the show suggested) may have been open to it or interested had Yamagi confessed (Hence the bisexual comment, though sexuality of anime characters is kinda w/ever in a lot of cases, wouldn't be the first case someone went straight or gay suddenly).

I mean, the show clearly gives shippers fuel with lines this and the scenes were outright romantic, without never denying it (It wold have been easy for them to shut it down and have Shino directly state he doesn't have interest in men during the corse of the show or how Yamagi knows he will never have him, some people love angsty one side love too) and they even bothered to outright confirm Yamagi's feelings for him for those in denial. Their lasts scene was the classical mecha scene "dude promises his love interest to come back to her (him) but dies".

It seems to me a genuine attempt to portray a relationship that could have been, rather than pointless bait or one-side feelings that would have gone nowhere. (This leaving aside the staff/Va's that generally supported it) That yes, if they had gone to drink together Yamagi would have confessed and he wouldn't have been rejected. Heck, you even get ~symbolism~ tying them together:

As for Lafter/Akihiro, yeah, I don't think he had feelings for her (I'm not even sure Akihiro even knows how women work, eh), but I was suggesting it was the same modus operandi, i.e. a couple that may have been.
Jin_uzukiFeb 27, 2017 10:21 PM

Feb 27, 2017 9:55 AM
May 2014
Maybe I am ranting when I say this but:

What'S with the bad guys having all the plot armor?
Is this show trying to teach us how being on the other end of this cliche feels like?

And how did McGillis turn from a clever, manipulative and competent anti-villian/hero into a complete useless piece of crap? Did he die between seasons and his moronic twin brother took over?
Feb 27, 2017 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
MHCI said:
Jotakak said:
butterfly-eating bitch

HAHAHA

Totally forgot about that, lol

I can never remember her name nor do I want to so that's what I call her. Hah.
Feb 27, 2017 4:25 PM
Apr 2010
wtf, mikazuki fucking slacking, get your shit together instead of chatting with opponents
Feb 27, 2017 6:33 PM

Nov 2008
damn that julieta for interfering. kind of figured shino was gonna die when Flauros took that hit to the arm and he still wanted to go on with the fight.

Feb 27, 2017 6:43 PM

Sep 2009
fuckin hell, it still hurts so much when i watched shino shouted due to the frustration of missing the shot. the moment super galaxy cannon missed i literally shouted and got surprised as how shino and me got in sync in shouting(well in my part i was shouting FUCKKKKKK THISSSS SHHIIIITTTTTTTTT) im getting 00 flashbacks all of the sudden because my favorite character just died. i mean seriously how the fuck did julieta even noticed shino was even there and even pin point his exact location when she was so busy with fighting mika, i would've understand if she had alaya vijnana(up to this day i still pronounce this as vagina) system in her, and cmonnnnn mika why did you have to choke on the most important part, you could fucking destroy a mobile armor but not a kiting julieta?? fuck this logic.

and people keep saying choco char is the best clone char but cant even produce some battle of the loum moments, i got hopes for him but his battle prowess on my eyes in on equal footing of a dispensable soldier in a mobile suit that could be killed
devilscornerFeb 27, 2017 6:46 PM
Feb 27, 2017 8:34 PM
Sep 2012
I don't know how, but I have been losing interest in the second season of IBO. Maybe it's just me, but I like the first season more because the whole season revolves around a long journey that Tekkadan has to travel to their inter-season glory and fame. Second season turns the plot around with small arcs that chip away at Tekkadan every arc. Sure, it has a lot of resolution to a number of characters' stories, but as a whole it's like setting up as the downfall of Tekkadan in Season 2. Everything they have built until now crumbled away until they return to the raw and pure violence wolves they were when they just built the company.

I have seen enough to the point that I feel like just watching the last 2-3 episodes of the season just to see the end. The current battle is way too early to be the final battle between the main antagonists and main protagonists. Maybe it's because the whole season was all just a chess-styled mind battle between McGillis+Tekkadan and Rustal. But I'm not liking how Tekkadan has been thrown into the flames of battle only to lose flowers after flowers of their "former glory".

For someone who likes Gundam 00, this current battle looks more like the mid-point that ended 00 S1.
Feb 27, 2017 9:05 PM

Aug 2010
The death flags were strong all over this episode, but it's incredibly unfortunate Shino had to die in frustration that he couldn't succeed. What a horrible thing for him... :(
Feb 27, 2017 9:54 PM
Oct 2010
Holes in the series has started popping up ever since the mobile armor's appearance.

-Mika's performance as been all over the place just to satisfy the plots needs. An example is how Julietta isn't dead yet.
-Dainsleif's were fine to be included on the Rustal side, but the one he slipped into McGillis's was pointless. Rustal was shown as a smart character and this brought him out of character. The writers must have completely forgot that it was illegal to even possess those weapons, not use. So an excuse of using them to retaliate against the same would not really hold any weight as he shouldn't have possession of them. Let alone having them already prepared for use. If he wins, nothing would have really mattered anyways. Iok was already exposed to using them so if anything, Rustal could have just pinned these ones on him as well. And that would have made more sense.
-After McGillis's accqusation of the Bael. For there to be not even a single grunt to cause a stir in Rustal's side seems to be seems to be silly. For there to have been no other factions to join McGillis's side as well is even sillier. The ideals that a group was build upon shows up and no one in the group cares...
-Space is very vast. Even in the battlefield, there should be a significant distance between most object. The speed of ships in space are extremely fast. The Hotarubi started accelerating right before getting hit by all the dainsliefs. For Julietta who already lost an arm while and still is engaging the Barbatos to hit the Flauros cloaked in smoke who was speeding on the Hotarubi makes absolutely no sense especially on the fact that Shino was making an anticipated shot. Even Rustal was caught by surprise. For Julietta to react fast enough for such a precise action with Barbatos on her makes just as much sense. If Rustal died here, it would have been fine. Infact, I think ending with Rustal dying to the Flauros be very hard to beat as an ending of at least the conflicts. I guess its just a little too early with 5 more episodes.
-Julietta is a mistake. We all know. I am almost certain the writers are just building her up so that viewers would be more satisfied when she gets killed but still, I think its already too much.

The story itself has been losing focus of what made the first season great. And in the end, it is like they have a different writer for each episode. And they already used up all the good ones for the first season and a half. I don't know how and I am actually curious as to how they are going to drag this out for another 5 episodes.
Feb 27, 2017 10:01 PM

Aug 2015
Great Action, some good drama, tension rising and that ending though.

I find it funny how this is the most recent episode and it's getting way more replies than the last few episodes besides episode 16 for OBVIOUS reasons. Though you could see Shimo's death a mile away, I think we were all thinking that Shimo was gonna die a hero and killing Rustal with the SUPER GALAXY CANNON. Yes, you have to use all caps for that name. But no, he dies for nothing. It's rare but when expectations are heavily subverted you just wanna know what happens next.

Though I still have some problems with how they presented Shino and Yagami's relationship. They didn't interact much until this very episode. It felt a bit forced, but it was still pretty heart warming so I can give it that at least.

Shino's death at the end felt forced too. Not his overall death, it's HOW they killed him. Yes he was frustrated, but did he really have to go flying out into his death instead of retreating back? I guess he was to upset he missed he accepted death.

Maybe that was the point? Because I was upset too when he missed. Like OUCH...you know what I won't say it's a fault then. It worked! I felt Shino's frustration and I probably would have done the same thing in anger. We do stupid things when we get angry, sad or stressed in general.

Still! Great episode! And Julia is gonna get MORE hate.
"I -AM- ELECTRICITY." -Gunvolt
Feb 28, 2017 4:45 AM
Jan 2016
OMG, I hold my breath when Shino aim to shoot Rustal's ship. Arghhhhhh, why it missed??? Julieta is in the way again!!!
Great episode, but once again Tekkadan had lost one of their amazing fighter.
RIP Shino.
This episode is really intense wkwk
Feb 28, 2017 5:08 AM
Jun 2010
Am i the only person who sees yamagi's body shape is that of a woman i mean its more sexy than atra lolz
Feb 28, 2017 8:19 AM

Apr 2013
Shino just pulled a fucking Lockon Stratos.

Him dying with such frustration damn... Haven't experienced something like this in a Gundam/mecha series for far too long.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

407 by KibbyDaWolf »»
Apr 18, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2017

267 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.