Forum Settings
Forums

What are some things you use to think as a kid?

New
Feb 21, 2017 6:28 PM

May 2016
When I was younger and would go to the store with my mom, I remember thinking that when the cashier asked if you wanted cash back they would actually give your money back to you. I was always confused as to why my mom would say no.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 21, 2017 6:40 PM

Dec 2016
>be me
>be 8
>in line to buy groceries
>mom says "ill be right back"
>line gets shorter
>oh god why
Feb 21, 2017 7:16 PM

Jun 2014
Back when I was 4 years old, I thought that I came out of my Mom's ass.

It wasn't until I was 7 that I realized I came out of the front end. I was pretty close, though.

Feb 21, 2017 7:41 PM

Apr 2015
I heard the term of 'Mail-Order brides' at a very young age. Being a high-intelligence, low-common sense kid, I understood the entire process within a few minutes of thought...with one problem.

I was convinced the woman was actually mailed to you in a box.

Now beyond my young confusion of not understanding why someone would want to order a bride (that sounds like a headache to marry someone you don't know), it seemed logical to me.

Here's the kicker though. As I got older and older, I became more and more confused about this process. How was a woman being mailed cross-country, often overseas, and not dying in the box? Not suffocating, being injured due to poor handling, thirsting/starving to death, and other various nuances. By the time I was 20, it had become one of my biggest mysteries, one that I didn't want to ask other for fear of further exposing my already non-existent levels of common sense. Surely, it was something small I was overthinking that was allowing this to work, right?

It wasn't until a few months ago that someone explained to me that the woman usually fly in and you have to personally vet for them to get them. Quite the metaphorical Earth-Shattering revelation.

The funniest part was that the next day, Youtube recommended a video to me titled "I SHIPPED MYSELF IN A BOX!" or something along those lines.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Feb 21, 2017 7:46 PM

Feb 2015
I always thought that I could be anything, I can be the hero who will save mankind, have a perfect wife, and will live happily ever after, then I woke up from the sweetest dreams I've had as a child. Now its the opposite of that dream... Went all back and stuff, I wonder, really sometimes wonder what and where did it go wrong...
Feb 21, 2017 7:51 PM

Mar 2014
I used to think by the time I was as old as I am right now there'd be flying cars, tubes that take you anywhere you want (like in futurama), huge populated cities would exist on mars, being able to buy hoverboards in retail stores and alien life would co-exist with us on earth.
Feb 21, 2017 7:53 PM

Aug 2011
Took quite a long time before I ever met someone who didn't have a good stable family/household, use to think everyone had nice caring parents that weren't deros, boy was I wrong :P
^_^
Feb 21, 2017 8:03 PM

Jun 2014
I thought I could become king of America. I was probably around six or seven.
Feb 21, 2017 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
InsaneLeader13 said:
I heard the term of 'Mail-Order brides' at a very young age. Being a high-intelligence, low-common sense kid, I understood the entire process within a few minutes of thought...with one problem.

I was convinced the woman was actually mailed to you in a box.

Now beyond my young confusion of not understanding why someone would want to order a bride (that sounds like a headache to marry someone you don't know), it seemed logical to me.

Here's the kicker though. As I got older and older, I became more and more confused about this process. How was a woman being mailed cross-country, often overseas, and not dying in the box? Not suffocating, being injured due to poor handling, thirsting/starving to death, and other various nuances. By the time I was 20, it had become one of my biggest mysteries, one that I didn't want to ask other for fear of further exposing my already non-existent levels of common sense. Surely, it was something small I was overthinking that was allowing this to work, right?

It wasn't until a few months ago that someone explained to me that the woman usually fly in and you have to personally vet for them to get them. Quite the metaphorical Earth-Shattering revelation.

The funniest part was that the next day, Youtube recommended a video to me titled "I SHIPPED MYSELF IN A BOX!" or something along those lines.

Someone needs to start a service where you can order a bride in a box. It would quickly make dating antiquated.
Feb 21, 2017 8:22 PM

Jul 2012
I thought once you hit a certain age your mind changed and you would stop thinking like a kid does and understand how the world works.

InsaneLeader13 said:
I heard the term of 'Mail-Order brides'.

I pictured a bunch of women lining up to go on a freight lol.
Feb 21, 2017 8:36 PM

Aug 2016
When I was still early in middle-school I always thought that I was adopted, I asked mom a few times about my blood-type and birth certificate but she never answered and never showed my birth certificate. She often get upset at me when I did something wrong, and scold me first instead of correcting me.
That was when I started to think that nobody likes me in this world too, I remember I tried running away, but I can't remember how I came back home after things get sorted out.
I can confirm now I wasn't adopted, but I don't think she likes me.
Feb 21, 2017 9:58 PM

Feb 2015
When I was like 5, I thought that if I held my mouth open near a radio/speaker while listening to a song, I would be able to sing it exactly how the singer did lmao
Feb 21, 2017 10:07 PM

Jan 2015
When I was a kid I used to think I would grow up to be a productive member of society

now look where I am
Feb 21, 2017 10:42 PM

Feb 2016
This isn't so much my fault as it is my dad's, but when I was little, say 5-10, my dad had me convinced that if I didn't eat supper, I wouldn't wake up the next day.

Feb 21, 2017 10:50 PM

Dec 2009
There's not many strange things i thought as a kid, other than mishearing lyrics of songs or words of characters/announcers from games etc.

I was quite the wiz-kid so i already had vague impressions of most of what i've come to understand in my older years. Hell i've even fought my parents on methods of parenting which i still know today to be correct and beneficial for proper child raising (obviously that doesn't go over well with domineering parents).
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 21, 2017 10:57 PM

Apr 2015
I remember back when I was like 7 or 8. I was doing an errand for my mother who wanted me to buy some bananas for cooking. I think I was given about $10 or $20 to pay for it but little me brought a small comic book, which didn't state the price but the original retail price at $6.
When it came to the checkout, the cashier told me the total value was $100 and my eyes pretty much exploded as I made a ridiculous face. The workers there were all laughing at my reaction. To this day, I never returned back to that supermarket.
Feb 21, 2017 11:00 PM

Mar 2008
I didn't know the norm was for kids to go outside by themselves and spend time with friends ad go places with them for fun. I thought I could grow up to be happy and with someone I love.
Feb 22, 2017 12:51 AM

May 2015
I used to be a strict individualist when I was young. Before the world turned out to be grey, I thought all collectivism is evil.

Now I've become more moderate.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 22, 2017 12:54 AM

Sep 2014
I thought women and "important people" (basically any famous person on TV I considered them to be "important"), didn't poop. Only people who pooped were males cuz we're common-folk ...
Feb 22, 2017 1:02 AM

Sep 2015
Thought I could fly when I was like 4 and broke my left arm jumping off the couch and landing on my big toy school bus.
Feb 22, 2017 2:35 AM

Jun 2015
_Ako_ said:
I always thought that I could be anything, I can be the hero who will save mankind, have a perfect wife, and will live happily ever after, then I woke up from the sweetest dreams I've had as a child. Now its the opposite of that dream... Went all back and stuff, I wonder, really sometimes wonder what and where did it go wrong...
your love for shota/lolicon is where it all went wrong.
Feb 22, 2017 2:40 AM

Sep 2009
I can't remember anything I used to mistakenly believe... I must be too old or something. Not that I had much of a "childhood" in the first place...

Ahh, actually, I just remembered that when I was like 5, I used to think that those shoes with lights in 'em were really cool, and that shoes that shot lasers, existed.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Feb 22, 2017 6:44 AM

Apr 2015
I thought that you could get someone pregnant just by kissing them anywhere that wasn't their face. Your lips touch their leg? Pregnant. Elbow? Pregnant. Stomach? Extra pregnant.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 22, 2017 6:51 AM

May 2016
CatSoul said:
I thought that you could get someone pregnant just by kissing them anywhere that wasn't their face. Your lips touch their leg? Pregnant. Elbow? Pregnant. Stomach? Extra pregnant.

Lol, I thought that hugging someone could get me pregnant. One day another kid hugged me and I ran away crying, thinking I was pregnant xDDDDDD
Feb 22, 2017 7:38 AM

Jan 2015
Saediss said:
>be me
>be 8
>in line to buy groceries
>mom says "ill be right back"
>line gets shorter
>oh god why

Lmao I've been in this situation so many times. Absolute nightmare.

Feb 22, 2017 7:59 AM
Apr 2013
I thought you had to get married or the government would take you away.
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
Feb 22, 2017 9:31 AM

Apr 2014
I use to think the moon was literally a cookie and I could fly up to it and eat bits of it or if I drank a lot of milk it would slowly come down to me to dip itself in my milk. I don't know; I was a really weird kid.
Feb 22, 2017 9:34 AM

Nov 2016
Mum told me babies come from the bin and I believed it... i still had some doubts though ahahaha
Feb 22, 2017 2:11 PM

Apr 2013
eating seeds would make a plant grow inside me
Feb 22, 2017 2:16 PM

Nov 2016
I used to believe the second floor and upper part of the staircase was haunted by monsters and ghosts, and that if it was dark (lights turned off) they would kill me, so I always had to run really fast with eyes closed to my room.

I blame an overactive imagination....
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Feb 22, 2017 2:33 PM

Apr 2014
if i dug in my backyard i would find dinosaur fossils
my backyard was man made
Feb 23, 2017 2:16 PM

Feb 2016
I used to believe that teachers lived in their classrooms, because I never saw them go home.
Feb 23, 2017 2:27 PM

Jun 2016
I used to think that being a "space explorer" was the same as it was in Voltron :p
Feb 23, 2017 2:32 PM

Dec 2015
When I was really young I thought when I grew older I would have to marry my sister and I thought "yuck" hahaha it's hilarious when I think about it xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 23, 2017 3:13 PM
Jan 2017
I believed that Santa Claus really exists :)))
Feb 23, 2017 5:21 PM
Jul 2013
When i was younger i thought girls pee from their butts lol
Feb 23, 2017 6:56 PM

Oct 2015
Death.

spacefillfillkappakappakappa

Feb 23, 2017 8:24 PM

Sep 2007
traed said:
I didn't know the norm was for kids to go outside by themselves and spend time with friends ad go places with them for fun. I thought I could grow up to be happy and with someone I love.
:3 It's never too late.

I used to think my dad would return when he said he was going overseas. I'm still waiting...

Feb 23, 2017 11:51 PM

Feb 2016
baphometh said:

I also used to think people actually died in movies. Someone also managed to convince me that you could have a Pokemon in real life (imagine my sadness when I found out that you couldn't)

Ohmygod yeah!

I used to think that as well. I would get really sad when people died in movies and strangely enough, I didn't see many films with repeating actors, so my view was never challenged. Used to think they were really brave for dying in a movie.

Most of my dumb beliefs were irrational fears. I played a lot of Resident Evil 3 when I was around 6-8 and I thought that Nemesis was coming for me and that every time I got a virus, I would turn into a zombie.

Feb 24, 2017 3:24 AM

Sep 2015
I used to think my parents weren't my real parents, and they took me away from my real parents. I had a strange amount of hate for everyone at a really young age
Feb 24, 2017 4:25 AM
Jul 2016
When I was really little I kind of got tricked into believing that Harry Potter was a true story. One day for Christmas I got a letter from Ron (who was my favorite character) saying generic stuff like "Merry Christmas". Another time, my mom said she saw a huge owl flying by, and the next time I went upstairs to my bedroom, there was a present on my windowsill with a blue toy car and other Harry Potter merchandise in it.

Obviously this was all the work of my parents, but given how I was pretty smart for my age, it's kind of weird that I fell for it all.
Always take into consideration that I suck at getting my point across correctly within the first few edits... please.
Feb 24, 2017 4:30 AM

Oct 2015
I liked skipping every second tile, also followed them diagonally.

#ocdbegginings

Also used to read encyclopedias front to end. Loved sections on dinosaurs and war.
[left] (◕‿◕✿)
Feb 28, 2017 9:08 PM

Jan 2017
My sister had be convinced that I would turn into a witch if I slept with my blanket over my head.

Now look. I still became a witch.
Feb 28, 2017 9:15 PM
Feb 2017
When I was a kid I used to think that Dragonball Z was a good anime.
Mar 1, 2017 12:42 PM

Dec 2015
i didn't know that places outside of america existed and that new york was the capital
Mar 1, 2017 12:53 PM

Aug 2015
That people over 20 have their shit together :))))))))))))))))

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Mar 8, 2017 3:04 PM

Jun 2015
I legit thought some of the movies I watched were real and I'd always end up asking dumbass questions..
Mar 8, 2017 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
1. It's an easy life
2. I wish I'll be a kid forever
3. Santa Claus is real for there are presents every Christmas
Mar 8, 2017 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
That I can actually succeed in life... boi... was I wrong ;-;
Mar 8, 2017 5:35 PM
Jan 2016
I use to think that fantasy was reality in a lot of the stuff i thought actually happened lol i was a crazy child
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

66 by _Nette_ »»
53 seconds ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

30 by rohan121 »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 10 hours ago

16 by traed »»
53 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

23 by cody »»
1 hour ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

75 by cody »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.