Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 29, 2017 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
Angelquasilike said:
Was this the last episode? It feel like a finale a lot

No it's not the finale of the series. It's the finale for Moon, but it's going to be the beginning of the true route. :T
Jan 29, 2017 10:50 AM
Feb 2016
And it got confusing again. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up after last weeks episode.
SandeJan 29, 2017 12:21 PM
Jan 29, 2017 11:40 AM

Dec 2013
tolga1991 said:
G_Spark233 said:

Your going to have a very disappointing life if you expect every series not to have a happy ending.

Dont give a heck about happy or sad ending. They had all the universes all the possibilities they even created another planet just to play with and now we're back to boring old Earth? That is disappointing.

Its a shock to hear that someone actually thought they would create another planet entirely. The possibility was too ridiculous for me to even consider but each to their own.
Jan 29, 2017 11:45 AM

Dec 2014
well everybody died in the end.... Still the show makes no sense to me....
Jan 29, 2017 12:27 PM

Jun 2013
ibraheem234 said:
well everybody died in the end.... Still the show makes no sense to me....

They died to be reborn on Earth for one last try...its not that hard to understand honestly >_>
Jan 29, 2017 12:32 PM
Jun 2014

I'm guessing (hoping) that they will include the past of Kashima Sakura and the moon familiars in the anime.

Animated fighting scenes are like non-existent in the VN so I never had any expectations for them, but I was kinda disappointed that they used OP2 instead of Sakuya's Scattered Flowers theme when he showed up :(
oomgomfgJan 29, 2017 12:43 PM
Jan 29, 2017 12:36 PM
Jun 2012
G_Spark233 said:
tolga1991 said:

Dont give a heck about happy or sad ending. They had all the universes all the possibilities they even created another planet just to play with and now we're back to boring old Earth? That is disappointing.

Its a shock to hear that someone actually thought they would create another planet entirely. The possibility was too ridiculous for me to even consider but each to their own.

If you look at that way the plot was really ridiculous at that point.
Jan 29, 2017 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
tolga1991 said:
G_Spark233 said:

I mean making another planet for? Honestly that takes away the entire point of the entire series which the main point is to save the earth from Salvation (there's more to it but spoilers tho). Making another planet makes everything pointless for me, and it throws away the plot entirely.
Jan 29, 2017 1:56 PM
Jan 2014
tolga1991 said:
G_Spark233 said:

Even if life, or aurora, was moved to another planet, the outcome would not be any different. I don't see the issue as to why going back to Earth is an issue.
Jan 29, 2017 9:23 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
And they go back to being dead. Very good episode imo. Really liked that last line from Yoshino, true bro right there.

So all this was to make a world that doesn't get destroyed?

Pretty hilarious how all 5 girls envisioned the Earth destroyed, although 1 of them had it turned into this crystal like shape lol

Jan 29, 2017 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
LovelyHikari said:
And they go back to being dead. Very good episode imo. Really liked that last line from Yoshino, true bro right there.

So all this was to make a world that doesn't get destroyed?

Pretty hilarious how all 5 girls envisioned the Earth destroyed, although 1 of them had it turned into this crystal like shape lol

Basically the point is to not make the world end on Salvation (which is yeah, destruction of the world and the human race in a sense) and well... to give the idea. Spoiler.

Btw I thought the fire and the earth being destroyed by being smashed was funny Lmao xD
Jan 30, 2017 2:37 PM

Jul 2015
Good god it's gonna take me some time to get used to those CG monsters. It hurts to watch. And there was so many of those CG things. That combined with a fight scene I tried hard to get into but couldn't if my life depended on it made this a pretty lame experience. I felt nothing but boredom. Hoping it gets at least a little better now that the whole moon thing has ended.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 30, 2017 3:04 PM

Apr 2015
From a technical standpoint that was a disaster. Fail of the season! CGI was a midnight shitfest as always, but that's not the case. The art was a fucking joke, animation - a total ass, and the whole thing felt so lazy, so cheap, so painful to look at... DEAR GOD!
The rest was... o̶b̶v̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶u̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ pretty decent, but I'm not so sure about Terra right now.

Minus one in overall score. For no effort whatsoever, you 8bit fucks!

And what the hell happened with the great battle?
N7n4shiJan 30, 2017 4:43 PM
Jan 30, 2017 4:44 PM

Jul 2014
I want to enjoy it more but it's too confusing xD
Jan 31, 2017 7:34 AM

Sep 2013
What???? what's going on???? Is this plot even comprehensible to anime-only plebs like me??? NOOOOOO

I really didn't understood many parts of this ep. How was Koutarou in a coma of 10 yrs and still be of same age as Occult girls? Are they evaporating and condensing alternatively between Earth and moon??? And how is Koutarou the killer of Kagari, wasn't he on her side in every time-line??? So confusing but still good enough engaging me for the whole ride.
Jan 31, 2017 8:33 AM

Aug 2013
rinneganfire4u said:
What???? what's going on???? Is this plot even comprehensible to anime-only plebs like me??? NOOOOOO

I really didn't understood many parts of this ep. How was Koutarou in a coma of 10 yrs and still be of same age as Occult girls? Are they evaporating and condensing alternatively between Earth and moon??? And how is Koutarou the killer of Kagari, wasn't he on her side in every time-line??? So confusing but still good enough engaging me for the whole ride.

He didn't age due to being part familiar after being saved by Kotori the anime does a poor job of explaining this though.

I think Moon kind of exist outside the time lines and they were brought in from certain time lines with the exception of Kotarou and Sakuya who were combined from all time lines

No Kotarou was not on Kagari side in every time-line in some he was trying to kill her.
Jan 31, 2017 3:20 PM

Jan 2014
Like the whole series bit rushed but i enjoyed season 2 so far. If it ended her i would be almost fine with (only) the ending which is quite good on itself if it werent for a bit poor rest of the episode
Jan 31, 2017 8:40 PM

Jun 2012
So.... nothing is being explained. Idk if rewrite is just a terrible VN or if the adaptation is poor.
Jan 31, 2017 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
Shuhan said:
So.... nothing is being explained. Idk if rewrite is just a terrible VN or if the adaptation is poor.

>"nothing is being explained"

> has Clannad AS and Little Busters Refrain in favorites list

ok then
Jan 31, 2017 9:23 PM

Jun 2012
Murasa22 said:
Shuhan said:

ok then

The bullshit moments are semi explained in both. Rewrite hasnt even tried to explain anything. Judging from ur butthurt im guesting the writing in the Rewrite VN is just as poor as i thought.
Jan 31, 2017 9:46 PM

May 2010
Shuhan said:
Murasa22 said:

ok then

The bullshit moments are semi explained in both. Rewrite hasnt even tried to explain anything. Judging from ur butthurt im guesting the writing in the Rewrite VN is just as poor as i thought.

Uh, that's kinda shallow to saythings like this man, it's like saying x adaptation is poor so the original source also has to be. I mean, whatever you prefer, but that's just not very clever imo.
Feb 1, 2017 1:09 AM

Jan 2015
Shuhan said:

Shuhan said:
Murasa22 said:

ok then

Please avoid talking about the VN if you did't play it, nobody want to know your guessings, I care only about facts, I'm a VN player and I'm not enjoying this anime as well, yes, it's being rushed and bad explained, I bet it's really hard for an anime-only understand if he doesn't pay attention for each second of the episode, because of the amount of massive information rushed, nothing is "random". But even an anime-only doing such an effort, this anime yet lacks a lot of stuff (VN) that would help in the story telling.
Arikado-Feb 1, 2017 1:12 AM
Feb 1, 2017 1:32 AM

Jul 2016
I don't know what the differences the anime was with the vn, though I did enjoyed the episode despite the awkward cg. Kinda intrigued, if the next episode will reference to the theory of evolution by natural selection.
Feb 1, 2017 4:21 AM
Jul 2018
Shuhan said:
Murasa22 said:

ok then

It's just Murasa being a fanboy as per usual. Also I have to agree with @Kitsu-nee and @Arikado- on the statement you pointed out on the guess. It's a bit shallow to just base the source based on the anime adaptation alone. I mean I like the anime and I think otherwise for this of course (maybe that's a bit contradictory) but if anything it's just a being a bit bad-mouthing without really knowing about the source. Or just talking as if its the source's fault overall when it really isn't.
Feb 1, 2017 12:03 PM

Jun 2015
Symphyon said:
Shuhan said:

It's just Murasa being a fanboy as per usual. Also I have to agree with @Kitsu-nee and @Arikado- on the statement you pointed out on the guess. It's a bit shallow to just base the source based on the anime adaptation alone. I mean I like the anime and I think otherwise for this of course (maybe that's a bit contradictory) but if anything it's just a being a bit bad-mouthing without really knowing about the source. Or just talking as if its the source's fault overall when it really isn't.

It's Shuhan his mistake.
Rewrite is great, but Clannad AS and Little Busters R do lack some explanations.. but hey it's great so idc
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 2, 2017 1:57 AM

Mar 2009
I feel like the character deaths weren't given enough time in this episode. So many deaths happened in such a short time, there wasn't much impact to it. Everything just seemed to happen a little too fast, which is obviously an unfortunate side-effect of adapting from a visual novel. It should have been spread out among two episodes at least, but I guess that's impossible since they have another route to adapt, and limited time with it.

I'm back to being a little confused again, which sucks, because episode 2 was really well-done.
Feb 2, 2017 6:39 AM

Dec 2012
Shuhan said:
Murasa22 said:

ok then

But it has explained what's going? What is it that you're confused about? It has more explanation in it than Little Busters or Clannad which is essentially just "hurr hurr, Key magic". This is all based around aurora and its ability to create life. The thing that probably makes it confusing it's that it's disjointed from the first season, which is a consequence of the anime, rather than the VN itself. It makes a lot more sense than other Key works.
Feb 2, 2017 2:06 PM
Jun 2014
Shit, it even retroactively explains the supernatural stuff from other Key works. Aurora being referred to as a miracle is supposed to tie-in all that stuff. Yukito's stringless puppetry skill is a summoner technique.
Feb 2, 2017 3:58 PM

Nov 2011
So just to clear this up...the song that was playing when Sakuya showed up is called ReWrite? The only reason I ask is because I need that song, it was fucking awesome.

Other then that the episode was meh.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 3, 2017 2:18 AM

May 2010
SoraSenpai said:
So just to clear this up...the song that was playing when Sakuya showed up is called ReWrite? The only reason I ask is because I need that song, it was fucking awesome.

Yup, it's "Rewrite" by Psychic Lover, and sure thing it's awesome :> I recommend watching Rewrite Moon opening on youtube, and see how much it's better than actual anime :D
Feb 3, 2017 2:32 AM

Oct 2008
So All this time, Koutarou is on the Moon and after Kagari completed the infinity theory, the high price for that would be Koutarou and everyone would be back at earth and alive, but Kagari herself is not there anymore and will be eternally alone?...like a god!?
4/5.

Feb 3, 2017 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
And i thought that this was a normal school harem...now after this episode, i don't even know who i am...
Ok let's admit guys, Chihaya's weapon was the best xD Throwing random logs at enemies hahah
Watching all girls dying... :(
I honestly missed the girls.
I really hope i can understand this anime before it ends xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 4, 2017 5:41 AM

Dec 2007
I know it was a bad episode if you measure it by quality, but still, it brought up fond memories of the VN reading sessions back in 2012-2013, which means a lot to me. It even made me look at the VN's story in different light... Yes, even in a bad adaptation.
Feb 4, 2017 5:50 AM

Jun 2013
Andralamusia said:
I know it was a bad episode if you measure it by quality, but still, it brought up fond memories of the VN reading sessions back in 2012-2013, which means a lot to me. It even made me look at the VN's story in different light... Yes, even in a bad adaptation.

How is this a bad adaptation? they did a pretty good job with Moon in my opinion.
Feb 4, 2017 6:01 AM

Dec 2007
Murasa22 said:
Andralamusia said:

How is this a bad adaptation? they did a pretty good job with Moon in my opinion.

Quality of the animation, production, consistency of art, OST placement timing, pacing, directing and a lot of other issues. The story is still great, even if its rushed and incomprehensible for many people. The quality of the episode is sub-par, that's why it gets a lot of hate. The first two episodes were a lot better in that field, though.

Fencel said:
Shit, it even retroactively explains the supernatural stuff from other Key works. Aurora being referred to as a miracle is supposed to tie-in all that stuff. Yukito's stringless puppetry skill is a summoner technique.

Holy crap.
DeadIEndFeb 4, 2017 6:07 AM
Feb 4, 2017 6:22 AM

Jun 2013
Andralamusia said:
Murasa22 said:

Quality of the animation, production, consistency of art, OST placement timing, pacing, directing and a lot of other issues. The story is still great, even if its rushed and incomprehensible for many people. The quality of the episode is sub-par, that's why it gets a lot of hate. The first two episodes were a lot better in that field, though.

Well, animation-wise i have to agree that it went a bit down on quality, but everything else was spot on, even if they rushed the battle a little bit. And Moon is pretty confusing at start even in the VN, so it should be normal for them too (i was a bit confused when i played and some things only clarified for me after i finished Terra)
Feb 4, 2017 6:32 AM

Dec 2007
Murasa22 said:
Andralamusia said:

Well, animation-wise i have to agree that it went a bit down on quality, but everything else was spot on, even if they rushed the battle a little bit. And Moon is pretty confusing at start even in the VN, so it should be normal for them too (i was a bit confused when i played and some things only clarified for me after i finished Terra)

It went down a lot by quality though.
it is spot on and not confusing for you, since you are a big fan of the VN and you have finished it, but a lot of people are anime-only watchers who watch the anime and struggle with following its story and its concept.

Rewrite is a pretty complex VN too to boot (which I am big fan of), so transcribing it on screen is a very hard job. If I watched the anime and did not read the VN prior - I would've been lost. Many things are just 'thrown at you' on screen.
Feb 16, 2017 5:12 AM
Mar 2012
cant say I enjoy this more than s1, at all. Rush is a major issue, besides ugly animation + shine so bright the mountains & ground are completely white. Those Sonic the hedgehog monsters... There's definitely effort in the large battles, but cg & vfx was painful. Story ideas interesting, but it's so abstract in covering their isekaikei setup.

Sakuya part is most clearly explained. All his selves are joined in moon world, so he's not coming back in the world reset. His & Yoshino's deaths were good, given significance & time, while the others are too short like checking a laundry list, done they all ded la, tho Akane got good drawings.
Rewrite & ed are quite nice. So the theory's complete, world is reset again, everyone's dead & Kotarou's going to earth... I think.
Feb 19, 2017 12:14 PM

Dec 2009
Too bad the world timeline, development of humanity, many-worlds interpretation of quantum, and the idea that earth resources can run out of resources (which would only happen if they fail to figure out unconstrained matter-energy conversion, in which they could do anything, like turn a rock into a plant, or a bomb) are all false conclusions.

-Earth's formation and development is a complete mystery and new discoveries are suggesting a much different way in which the earth was formed and given it's geology.
-Evolution of humanity is a vague field of study loaded with arbitrary decision-making, and inaccurate isotope-dating... The initial readings are painfully inaccurate anyways, they take readings and it's like trying to snipe a 100-yard bullseye with buckshot - no joke they usually pick the one that makes the most sense to what they think it should be.
-Natural Selection is very minor, and ignores the factors of electrochemical inconsistencies that incite change in the first place.
-Many Worlds interpretation of quantum is completely silly and has no basis in reality, completely hypothetical, aka imaginary. It's an attempt to solve a problem that never existed in the first place (because fundamental uncertainty doesn't exist).
-We could unlock matter-energy conversion within the next century.

Many worlds is an excellent way to handle VN character routes though, so it IS very well justified.

...Though i guess it's silly to complain, this anime has been an ungodly mess from the beginning.
GenesisAriaFeb 19, 2017 12:41 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 19, 2017 6:55 PM
Aug 2013
GenesisAria said:
Too bad the world timeline, development of humanity, many-worlds interpretation of quantum, and the idea that earth resources can run out of resources (which would only happen if they fail to figure out unconstrained matter-energy conversion, in which they could do anything, like turn a rock into a plant, or a bomb) are all false conclusions.

-Earth's formation and development is a complete mystery and new discoveries are suggesting a much different way in which the earth was formed and given it's geology.
-Evolution of humanity is a vague field of study loaded with arbitrary decision-making, and inaccurate isotope-dating... The initial readings are painfully inaccurate anyways, they take readings and it's like trying to snipe a 100-yard bullseye with buckshot - no joke they usually pick the one that makes the most sense to what they think it should be.
-Natural Selection is very minor, and ignores the factors of electrochemical inconsistencies that incite change in the first place.
-Many Worlds interpretation of quantum is completely silly and has no basis in reality, completely hypothetical, aka imaginary. It's an attempt to solve a problem that never existed in the first place (because fundamental uncertainty doesn't exist).
-We could unlock matter-energy conversion within the next century.

Many worlds is an excellent way to handle VN character routes though, so it IS very well justified.

...Though i guess it's silly to complain, this anime has been an ungodly mess from the beginning.

The way you decide that all of those are false conclusions can only be your personal opinion. You don't know and, probably, no one at all knows exactly how humanity developed, how the earth or moon was born, the infinitely precise way the everything in existence works and the future at all, even one second from now. So anything you said is false can just as easily be totally true, as low as the possibility may be. Many stories assume many near impossible facts as true and they don't have to be an ungodly mess. Though this anime, the 1st season at least, is certainly in the eyes of almost anyone an ungodly mess in terms of execution, the story by itself as told in the VN isn't, at all. My opinion at least.
Feb 19, 2017 7:11 PM

Dec 2009
@Rodielx
Not really. The people who know what's being discovered now, and helping forge the future, have a much better grasp on where we could be headed. The truth is, with he solving of the Unified Field, solutions and answers to everything else will come in very rapid succession, once it hits mainstream. There's a new understanding of matter and universal patterns etc, and i can tell you, the new more likely theories look much different than the ones that have been clung t for so long.

Feb 19, 2017 8:00 PM
Aug 2013
@GenesisAria
Actually those people know how small is humanity's knowledge about the universe, that there are too many things we don't know and even more things we don't even know we don't know. It's a historic mistake to think that everything will go as predicted with so little knowledge supporting us. What I'm trying to say is that nothing is set in stone, it could be exactly as they say, or it may be a little wrong, or completely wrong, no one knows.
Feb 19, 2017 10:34 PM

Dec 2009
@Rodielx
Not this time. And i'm one of those people by the way. When you solve the Unified Field, you literally have the universal primer, the rule-set everything follows, and arithmetic formulae which can be adhered to to utilize it practically. The false conclusion is that each individual thing is isolated and independent in a reference frame, but this is false, everything is interconnected, and must be for it to be able to interact.

That's a discussion for another place. You can always PM me if you want to have your mind blown.

Feb 24, 2017 1:55 AM

Mar 2013
Superb episode.

It was hard to see those girls dying... and Yoshino too along with Sakuya ;_;
Hope the finale has happy ending. I don't want it to be bittersweet either ;_;
Apr 4, 2017 10:28 AM

Jan 2014
my thought on this was, they (sakura kashima and her gang) called gaia and yet they hate life and tried to destroy the earth.
talk about irony...
Apr 6, 2017 12:25 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Despite the many scenes (everything) they rushed, it feel emotion, despite all that garbage animation (a series like Rewrite deserved animation topping Clannad's), shitty CGs and too fast paced scenes, I definitly felt something there, Sakuya and Yoshino, bros forever! Lucia recalling her memories with Kotarou from her route (OTP!), the other girls also doing it, and the ending, were he goes savage, consumed by his powers...

BTW for those that didnt understood Sakuya is basically someone that once was also like Kotarou (with the rewrite powers), used his power too much and got turned into a tree, and then Chihaya came to find Sakuya's tree and she made a contract with him to be her familiar. Read wiki if you want the exact details.

So Sakuya is like a mentor to Kotarou, someone that gone too far in his previous life and that can understand what Kotarou is going through. So big bro.
Apr 6, 2017 12:28 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Kitsu-nee said:
SoraSenpai said:

Yup, it's "Rewrite" by Psychic Lover, and sure thing it's awesome :> I recommend watching Rewrite Moon opening on youtube, and see how much it's better than actual anime :D

Here it is, an awesome OP!

Apr 21, 2017 3:06 PM

Jul 2014
Great, ep11 all over again...

Sasuga 8bit.
Apr 28, 2017 3:40 PM

May 2012
Damn quite the intense episode I must say! Really loving to see what happens next.
Jun 18, 2017 7:12 AM

Mar 2015
Wow I'm not sure what's happening anymore.. Again
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

182 by White_Alice »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

95 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2021 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.