Forum Settings
Forums

New Low for CNN: Report on Who Will be " Designated Survivor" if Trump + Others are Killed on Inauguration

New
Jan 19, 2017 5:59 AM
Feb 2014

No, this isn't hypothetical/ethical journalism (unlike many of you here, I studied it for two years), it should be clear by now that they are encouraging and inciting the potential of a Presidential assassination. Why are they even taking time to report this, other than the myth and delusion of free press?

Defend this if you must though.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jan 19, 2017 7:57 AM

Sep 2009
It's not hypothetical? You mean that CNN has plans to assassinate the President-elect before his inauguration? Quickly Nico, there isn't much time. We must inform Mr Trump and the intelligence services immediately!

When you call them, they are probably going to be a bit sceptical that a TV network has taken it upon itself to assassinate a leading political figure but remember, you have video evidence of them expressing their intentions here. Solid proof, hastily cloaked in a theoretical discussion of what happens in the event that a President-elect dies before he can take office, with an advertisement for a real television series included to throw people of the trail.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Jan 19, 2017 8:45 AM

Nov 2008
That's questionable conduct, maybe the Feds should investigate that at least and I don't see any punchlines or puns either unlike in some cases in which people joked about assassinating a president so they can't be defended as saying terrible jokes or trolling either.

Jan 19, 2017 9:27 AM

Sep 2009
Hoppy said:
That's questionable conduct, maybe the Feds should investigate that at least and I don't see any punchlines or puns either unlike in some cases in which people joked about assassinating a president so they can't be defended as saying terrible jokes or trolling either.

They're clearly not joking, but they're clearly not advocating or condoning assassination either. Like I said, it's exploring what would happen if the President were to die in office or be assassinated. Perhaps a sensitive topic on the eve of an inauguration but a legitimate one which is clearly in the public interest.

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."

Jan 19, 2017 9:31 AM

Nov 2016
CNN really did hit a new low. That's just disgraceful.
Jan 19, 2017 9:38 AM

Sep 2009
SpamuraiSensei said:
CNN really did hit a new low. That's just disgraceful.

Indeed. The bastards didn't even include a spoiler alert.

Now I know how it ends, there is absolutely no reason for me to watch the ceremony anymore. Way to go CNN.

WORKS EVERY TIME!

Jan 19, 2017 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
if a President dies as a result of attack, Constitution says who's supposed to succeed him, and so on. this is correct, but the timing of the report is very CNN.
a report in bad taste, but hey it's CNN.

the theoretical discussion here goes to such absurdities (an attack on both pres and vice and the next in line, despite all the security present and all intelligent services working to protect them), CNN might as well make a news report claiming "giant meteor may hit the Earth" or something.

tl;dr
CNN: "what if president and vice gets attacked by an assassin? expert says.."
me: "well, might as well plan for a potential giant meteor hitting the earth."

in a way, this is a bit insulting to the secret services / security task force - it's basically saying that they are incapable of protecting the pres / vice from a lone attacker.
DreamingBeatsJan 19, 2017 9:54 AM
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 19, 2017 9:56 AM

Mar 2014
Please don't assassinate Trump

I don't want Pence to become president
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 19, 2017 9:59 AM

Sep 2011
Comic_Sans said:

i couldn't agree more, trump is a insecure shitposter, pence is a fucking sociopath.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 19, 2017 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
JizzyHitler said:
Comic_Sans said:

i couldn't agree more, trump is a insecure shitposter, pence is a fucking sociopath.

Yeah, this.
I'd rather have the blithering idiot than the maliciously hellish evangelist who'll strip everyone's right in a heartbeat if given the chance
Don't like either of them though
Jan 19, 2017 10:15 AM

Mar 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Comic_Sans said:

Absolutely

I don't like any of them but I'd rather pick a rambling orange scarecrow over a full on bible thumping Evangelist nutter
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 19, 2017 10:19 AM

Jul 2009
Funny how staging a Maidan in Ukraine just few years ago, USA got itself its very own Maidan in return.
KARMA BITCH
Jan 19, 2017 10:58 AM

Jan 2011
Trump dies and we get the Pence inquisition electrocuting homos.
Jan 19, 2017 1:46 PM

Oct 2015
Comic_Sans said:

Pence is basically what most people who are scared of Trump think Trump is.

I doubt Trump will get assassinated, he's too well protected for a crazy person to get him and he's too comfy with the establishment now for an "inside job" (disclaimer: I don't believe that previous presidential assassinations were inside jobs).

I wouldn't say that the CNN are inciting an assassination but it is certainly questionable timing to be talking about this on public television.
Jan 19, 2017 1:48 PM

Jun 2012
People take CNN seriously?
Jan 19, 2017 2:25 PM

Jul 2015
I wouldn't rule out assassination, Trump is more controversial than Kennedy was. Still, I think it's more likely he could be impeached, although it's almost impossible to impeach a president, (ie.Clinton), but Trump may have a lot of past dirty dealings and skeletons in the closet, along with ethics issues, and the GOP controlled congress may just as well want Pence as president, they probably will be more comfortable with him, and Trump has, as of now, a low approval rating, a lot of people don't want him as president.
Jan 19, 2017 3:23 PM

Mar 2012
Out of the population of people who don't already have a vendetta against CNN, what % do you suppose would interpret that video as inciting Trump's assassination?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 19, 2017 5:37 PM

Dec 2007
PeppermintHearts said:
I wouldn't rule out assassination, Trump is more controversial than Kennedy was. Still, I think it's more likely he could be impeached, although it's almost impossible to impeach a president, (ie.Clinton), but Trump may have a lot of past dirty dealings and skeletons in the closet, along with ethics issues, and the GOP controlled congress may just as well want Pence as president, they probably will be more comfortable with him, and Trump has, as of now, a low approval rating, a lot of people don't want him as president.
Actually, the constitution is explicit in that impeachment can only be for something done while in office, so past dealings and skeletons have no direct on it, unless they lead to an illegal action while in office. And, like Clinton, Trump can actually pardon himself of any and all past crimes if he wants to - he just has to give a de facto admission of them in so doing.
Jan 19, 2017 7:35 PM

Dec 2014
seriously....this was a norm....not much big news
Jan 19, 2017 8:33 PM

Dec 2012
Look at that approval bar. 97% dislikes. Sad!

As much as I'd love to rail on CNN for every bit of mediocrity that it's worth, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt on this one. It was (so obviously) poorly timed, but the video is more of an informative analysis on a worst case scenario rather than pundits such as Symone Sanders going "Well...I don't want Trump to get shot but I can't help but hope that he does!"

I know Alex Jones is having a field day with this, but it's really not a rallying cry for JFK 2.0. With that said, let's not kid ourselves into thinking CNN wouldn't jump at the chance to celebrate a Trump assassination the first chance they get. No doubt there's leftists and Democratic senators who get off to the idea of an Obama cabinet member taking office to continue his (awful) legacy. Additionally, if we play "shoe on the other foot", Fox News would be bankrupt and shut down if it had speculated on Obama's assassination shortly before his 2008/2012 inaugurations.
Jan 20, 2017 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
Jan 20, 2017 8:48 AM
Apr 2013

That's hilarious.
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.