Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 17, 2017 10:21 PM

Oct 2016
Well As The Title Said Iam Not The Same Person That Who Started To Watch Animes (I Started Watching Anime befor 1 year)

I Feel Like I'am Stoned Heart and Emotionless When I'am Watching An Anime And Some Time In Real Life

I Remember When I Watched My 1st Anime (Tokyo Ghoul) I Cryed Alot In The 2nd Season End

Or When I said loudly WTF when i saw Attack on Titan (When He attacked His Sister After He Transforms For 2nd Time)

I Liked Those Emotions Even If Iam Male But Atm When I'am Watching Good Anime I just Feel Like Nah (Some Times Playing With Mouse Even its Good Anime) Even When There Is Something Sad Happening Out There

Is That Normal?
IbrahymJan 18, 2017 10:47 AM
Soo We live to watch anime or We watch anime to live?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 17, 2017 10:26 PM

May 2016
You're probably just not watching the right anime or their might be some irl factors playing into it.

If you're feeling emotionless try switching up the genres.

Btw their are still really great emotional anime that you haven't seen yet.
Jan 17, 2017 10:31 PM

Oct 2016
metodologia said:
You're probably just not watching the right anime or their might be some irl factors playing into it.

Well Rezero Kara And Clanned Was Supposed To Be sad

And I Didnt Give it A shit lol

May u have some Examples pls :D
Jan 17, 2017 10:34 PM

Mar 2014
No, of course it's not natural to cry over the ending of the worst anime of all time
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 17, 2017 10:37 PM

Feb 2011
​Stop Capitalizing Every Damn Word
Jan 17, 2017 10:51 PM

Mar 2016
It's just normal as long as you didn't become a chunni

Jan 17, 2017 10:55 PM

Feb 2013
there is only one more thing to do

become a valvrave

and keep your hands off the mouse while watching
entire body even
Jan 17, 2017 11:01 PM

Sep 2016
Why Are You Using Upper Case For Every Single Word?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 17, 2017 11:01 PM
Jul 2018
Well 3 posibilities that I see.

You can't connect with people well, you're delusional, or you're a psychopath. I'm not sure what kinda answer you're expecting from a site full of weebs tho.
Jan 17, 2017 11:03 PM

Jun 2014
Embrace it, you've become one with anime.
Jan 17, 2017 11:26 PM
Oct 2016
duh.

i mean like if you keep watching sad movies constantly you'll build a resistance no matter how sad it is right? just like if you watch a show that once entranced you, you'll wonder what was so amazing once you finish a shit ton of anime.

btw, its annoying to capitalize every letter in your sentences.

(yeah i don't use uppercase, but i find it less obnoxious so don't waste your time quoting my shit and tell me I'm retarded or some bs lmao.)
Jan 17, 2017 11:28 PM

Aug 2015
No you're not normal you should go to an asylum asap, you're just a messed up mofo...
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Jan 17, 2017 11:36 PM

Jun 2016
Slap some senses BRUH... That ain't normal to react..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2017 11:41 PM
Jul 2018
This is unreadable, use punctuation marks and don't capitalize every word for fuck's sake.
Jan 17, 2017 11:43 PM

Dec 2012
Try different genres .. There are plenty of good anime out there .. Also go into animje with no expectations and no spoilers .. Don't go into watching a feels anime for the feels , Just let it come out of nowhere or something like that..

Jan 17, 2017 11:55 PM
Jan 2016
Re:zero and clannad are not that sad animes.Watch after story.
Jan 18, 2017 12:05 AM

Nov 2009
Ibrahym said:
I Feel Like I'am Stoned Heart and Emotionless When I'am Watching An Anime And Some Time In Real Life

From my own experience, no, it's unusual - in general, anime fans are more unhinged and emotional than ordinary people.
But isn't a stone heart a good thing? After all, the world seems to exist to hurt us.
If you don't agree with me, you might want to see a doctor. Maybe it's just winter depression getting to you.
Jan 18, 2017 1:41 AM

May 2016
Ibrahym said:
metodologia said:

Watch the second series of Clannad (That's the sad one)

Anohana and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso are great for the feels.

HxH, Hyouka, Mob Psycho 100, One Punch Man, Owari no Seraph (Some mainstream anime's you might enjoy)
Jan 18, 2017 1:55 AM

Jan 2015
Probably you feel jaded
Charge urself with other thing beside watching

la critique de l'intention pure
Jan 18, 2017 2:03 AM

Feb 2016
Gintama/Mushishi is all you need. They even cure cancer!

Inferno Cop on the other hand would make you into a real man who doesnt care if he cant cry.
SpaghettiSpikeJan 18, 2017 2:12 AM

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Jan 18, 2017 2:19 AM

Dec 2007
It seems to me you are suffering from something. Before you plunge yourself into a sea of anime, therapy comes first, trust my advice. Been there, seen that. Sigh...
DeadIEndJan 18, 2017 2:22 AM
Jan 18, 2017 2:23 AM

Oct 2016
Denpai said:

You can't connect with people well, you're delusional, or you're a psychopath. I'm not sure what kinda answer you're expecting from a site full of weebs tho.

Well Let Me Explain It
When I said In Anime I Mean That I Cant Feel Any Thing About That Animes Like When Something Sad Happen I Say Nah What's Next Or In Middile Of Fight I Dont Feel Any Action
And When I Said In Real Life I Mean That ammmm May Personallty Have Been Changed
Kittenpotpie said:
​Stop Capitalizing Every Damn Word

GangsterCat said:
Why Are You Using Upper Case For Every Single Word?

Darek said:
This is unreadable, use punctuation marks and don't capitalize every word for fuck's sake.

LOL i dont know i just press Shift button After Every Space button :D
anyway Thank u i will try to stop it (What have i Done Ijust done my Essay like this T_T)
Korrupt said:
duh.

i mean like if you keep watching sad movies constantly you'll build a resistance no matter how sad it is right? just like if you watch a show that once entranced you, you'll wonder what was so amazing once you finish a shit ton of anime.

btw, its annoying to capitalize every letter in your sentences.

(yeah i don't use uppercase, but i find it less obnoxious so don't waste your time quoting my shit and tell me I'm retarded or some bs lmao.)

Ty For answer And you Right Well i should Rethink about my self and btw who i wasnt going to said anything about anyone being retarded
OiGon said:
Re:zero and clannad are not that sad animes.Watch after story.
metodologia said:
Ibrahym said:

Watch the second series of Clannad (That's the sad one)

Anohana and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso are great for the feels.

HxH, Hyouka, Mob Psycho 100, One Punch Man, Owari no Seraph (Some mainstream anime's you might enjoy)

KazuroWeisemann said:
Try different genres .. There are plenty of good anime out there .. Also go into animje with no expectations and no spoilers .. Don't go into watching a feels anime for the feels , Just let it come out of nowhere or something like that..

Thanks mate Going to watch another types of anime
flannan said:
Ibrahym said:

From my own experience, no, it's unusual - in general, anime fans are more unhinged and emotional than ordinary people.
But isn't a stone heart a good thing? After all, the world seems to exist to hurt us.
If you don't agree with me, you might want to see a doctor. Maybe it's just winter depression getting to you.

well i Disagree feeling what others are feeling is the meaning why there is an anime, U cant enjoy an anime if u can't be sad, happey or even angry for it

maybe i should check docter

Thank u all for responding i feel better
Jan 18, 2017 2:50 AM

Aug 2014
Denpai said:

This gotta be one of the best answers to any topic ever made on MAL.

Anyway on topic, different people will have different feelings. If you didn't relate to the characters in a show or like them, you won't give a damn when the feelzy moments kicks in.
Jan 18, 2017 2:52 AM

Feb 2010
Start taking back your humanity by not capitalizing every word. That makes you seem like a robot.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 18, 2017 5:21 AM

Oct 2016
Pullman said:
Start taking back your humanity by not capitalizing every word. That makes you seem like a robot.

well ok i get it but idk why i just do that (fighting my self atm to not pressing single shift)
ty
Jan 18, 2017 5:51 AM

Apr 2014
You might be addicted, you know to anime, or some more thing than just anime.
Jan 18, 2017 6:24 AM

Nov 2014
That negative 38.9% affinity though.

The shows you've watched are painfully within a few genres, no wonder you are sick of it. Everything is good when you are first exposed to it, after sometime you grow indifferent or have higher expectations.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 18, 2017 6:27 AM

Feb 2015
Ibrahym said:

Is That Normal?

Ask yourself if that is "normal". MALers are not Psychologist or Consultant by any means, if you feel like you need help go to some random clinic or hospital.
Jan 18, 2017 6:31 AM

Oct 2015
Try listening to Future. Or Drake. Cleanse yo ears.
Jan 18, 2017 6:48 AM

Nov 2009
BurningSpirit said:
That negative 38.9% affinity though.

The shows you've watched are painfully within a few genres, no wonder you are sick of it. Everything is good when you are first exposed to it, after sometime you grow indifferent or have higher expectations.

Most of them are also "dark" shows, it's easy to become jaded from watching so much of them.
Jan 18, 2017 7:02 AM

Jul 2014
Only 39 completed? pfft you saw nothing.
Jan 18, 2017 7:13 AM

Nov 2014
flannan said:
Most of them are also "dark" shows, it's easy to become jaded from watching so much of them.

Agreed, though admittedly I didn't feel "dark" from them because I didn't find most of those shows he watched to have good character development (and hence lack of emotional attachment)

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 18, 2017 10:18 AM

Oct 2016
BurningSpirit said:

Agreed, though admittedly I didn't feel "dark" from them because I didn't find most of those shows he watched to have good character development (and hence lack of emotional attachment)

Can U recommend any anime to watch, pls ??

OppaiSugoi said:

Lol its hard to watch and study at same time

flannan said:

pls Can u explane "dark" shows , iam really newbi at internet world and didnt understand it
and btw may u recommend me some??

_Ako_ said:
Ibrahym said:

Is That Normal?

Ask yourself if that is "normal". MALers are not Psychologist or Consultant by any means, if you feel like you need help go to some random clinic or hospital.

well for me idk that's why i asked and here in our country anime is not much popular so i cant ask most of the people about it and thank you for your time
Jan 18, 2017 10:22 AM

Feb 2015
Ibrahym said:
BurningSpirit said:

OppaiSugoi said:

Lol its hard to watch and study at same time

flannan said:

pls Can u explane "dark" shows , iam really newbi at internet world and didnt understand it

_Ako_ said:

well for me idk that's why i asked and here in our country anime is not much popular so i cant ask most of the people about it and thank you for your time

Ohhh a lost soul indeed! Well just do what you do. That will become normal as time passes by.
Jan 18, 2017 10:30 AM

Dec 2016
Ibrahym said:
Rezero Kara And Clanned Was Supposed To Be sad. And I Didnt Give it A shit lol

Well so was AnoHana, but I still didn't give a shit. So am I just a heartless person or is the anime just shitty and overrated? Hmm...

Watch good shit. You used to cry faster because your standards get higher the more anime you watch, so it'll be harder to impress you over time.
Jan 18, 2017 10:44 AM

Oct 2016
Sekigan said:
Ibrahym said:
Well (I Started Watching Anime Since 1 Year and Half)

I Remember When I Watched My 1st Anime (Tokyo Ghoul)

1. You watched an R rated anime when you were 1 and a half.

2. Tokyo Ghoul came out in 2014.

3. It is 2017 now

4. 2017-2014=3 years
3+1.5= 4.5

Conclusion: You're 4 and a half years old..

EDIT: or you meant to say 1 and half years ago

Which is it?

:DDDDD
yeah ty still learning english
Jan 18, 2017 11:28 AM

Mar 2014
I Feel Like That Took a Long Time To Type Out

And no, some anime aren't as sad as everyone makes out.
Jan 18, 2017 11:36 AM

Jul 2016
Just try out some other genres as some have already advised. heck I dare say take a break from anime. I say this for two reason

1. If you have been watching anime non stop or very frequently it can be easy to get burned out rather quickly.

2. if you want to truly feel despair just go a few months without any form of anime

Hmmm. second point kind of go against my first
Jan 18, 2017 12:14 PM

Oct 2016
Malformation said:
Just try out some other genres as some have already advised. heck I dare say take a break from anime. I say this for two reason

1. If you have been watching anime non stop or very frequently it can be easy to get burned out rather quickly.

2. if you want to truly feel despair just go a few months without any form of anime

Hmmm. second point kind of go against my first

I guess I would go 2nd choice thanks for passing
Jan 18, 2017 12:14 PM

Jul 2015
Is no one gonna point out the fact that he spelled "humanity" wrong?
-
-

γ€Œ π˜›π˜©π˜¦ 𝘡𝘳𝘢𝘡𝘩 π˜ͺ𝘴, 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘯𝘨𝘦π˜₯. π˜‰π˜­π˜’π˜€π˜¬ 𝘡𝘰 𝘸𝘩π˜ͺ𝘡𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘴𝘡π˜ͺ𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘺. 」
◐ - βœ‰

-
Jan 18, 2017 12:36 PM

Jul 2016
Yuugen_ said:
Is no one gonna point out the fact that he spelled "humanity" wrong?
let the poor guy be. He is just trying to get his humanity back which I guess in a way starts with actually spelling humanity right. hmm
Jan 18, 2017 5:28 PM

Nov 2014
Ibrahym said:
BurningSpirit said:

What kind of genre of shows do you enjoy? Doesn't have to be anime (actually.... preferably your preferences from outside anime because it's hard to work from your list).

Also, I might not be the one you should get recommendations from, our affinity according to MAL is pretty bad. In other words, the shows we watched have been rated almost the polar opposite. From my perspective, seems like you are impatient and have an inability to appreciate shows that doesn't shove all the info in your face.

My MAL Interview
Jan 19, 2017 5:23 AM

Oct 2016
BurningSpirit said:
Ibrahym said:

What kind of genre of shows do you enjoy? Doesn't have to be anime (actually.... preferably your preferences from outside anime because it's hard to work from your list).

Also, I might not be the one you should get recommendations from, our affinity according to MAL is pretty bad. In other words, the shows we watched have been rated almost the polar opposite. From my perspective, seems like you are impatient and have an inability to appreciate shows that doesn't shove all the info in your face.

any may work and i didnt care about that affinity thing
anyway thank u for helping :)
Jan 19, 2017 5:31 AM

Jun 2016
well, some anime are not focusing on fantasy and imaginative things.
but talks about reality of society. and that what it makes you to be aware of your situation.
best example are, "welcome to NHK" , GTO, Golden boy, black lagoon and many2x more. If you watch a lot of that kind of anime, well, it will affect your real life.
too much romance anime can affect you too.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Jan 19, 2017 5:39 AM

May 2016
First of ALL, don't capitalize every word, it's horrible >_<

To answer your question, yes it's pretty normal that you feel emotions while watching anime. Why it has to not be?
Jan 19, 2017 5:44 AM

Nov 2009
Ibrahym said:
flannan said:

When I said "dark anime", I meant "anime that involves a lot of negative feelings; full of death, gore, loss, tragedy, corruption...". That used to be unusual when I was getting into anime, but now it seems more common. Still, most anime are not like that, and are generally full of good feelings.

Recommend you an anime? Well, like BurningSpirit, I have a high negative affinity to you, but I can.
If you want more "dark" anime, go see Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night or Kara no Kyoukai.
If you want a lighter one, I think Dog Days will fit you well - action/adventure shows seem to appeal to you a lot. On a good side, you don't have to cry with that anime, do you don't have to doubt your humanity.
Jan 19, 2017 7:26 AM

Oct 2016
flannan said:
Ibrahym said:

When I said "dark anime", I meant "anime that involves a lot of negative feelings; full of death, gore, loss, tragedy, corruption...". That used to be unusual when I was getting into anime, but now it seems more common. Still, most anime are not like that, and are generally full of good feelings.

Recommend you an anime? Well, like BurningSpirit, I have a high negative affinity to you, but I can.
If you want more "dark" anime, go see Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night or Kara no Kyoukai.
If you want a lighter one, I think Dog Days will fit you well - action/adventure shows seem to appeal to you a lot. On a good side, you don't have to cry with that anime, do you don't have to doubt your humanity.

ty :D I feel fine after all of ur responses :D
Jan 19, 2017 7:38 AM

Oct 2016
SuzuMine-chan said:
First of ALL, don't capitalize every word, it's horrible >_<

To answer your question, yes it's pretty normal that you feel emotions while watching anime. Why it has to not be?

1st still idk why i wrote that in capital (Really omg i Wrote Most of my presentions like this).
but thanks for you note
2nd ammmmm the Q was why u cant feel emotions like it used to be.
anyway Are-Ga-To (ty) :D
Jan 19, 2017 8:02 AM

Nov 2016
It's not that you are normal or not. You are weak. You sir have barely watched any anime but have already lost. How can you lose your emotions before even watching Utsu Musume Sayuri or Boku no Pico?! Weak! Too weak! You can't just lose them this easily unless you're a moron and you get easily infuenced by shit which is real bad and you should go see a doctor.
"Losing your humanity"? What do you mean by that? What is "humanity" in the first place. You stil have the body of a human (probably) and you still have the "intelligence" (not sure anymore) that all humans have! Seriously....
"I Feel Like I'am Stoned Heart" Bad translation from Arabic detected. Sir, I usually don't comment on mistakes but adding in the whole capitaizing shit, it's almost unreadable. RIP English.

« If you want to be yourself, then you must become strong and beautiful. »
- Vil Schoenheit
πŸ•‚Anime ListπŸ•‚Manga ListπŸ•‚VN ListπŸ•‚
♥ Credits to Shuuka
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» when introducing yourself to someone new how likely is "I watch anime" to get them interested in you?

Coldsp33d - 9 hours ago

24 by kusairo »»
4 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3

707supremacist - 32 minutes ago

9 by SouthRzVa »»
5 minutes ago

» Best brown haired girl?

Spunkert - Feb 2

23 by DesuMaiden »»
8 minutes ago

» How would you describe modern mainstream anime?

RobertBobert - 8 hours ago

47 by DesuMaiden »»
14 minutes ago

» How much anime is too much

ST63LTH - 7 hours ago

35 by DesuMaiden »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.