Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 107 108 [109] 110 111 » ... Last »
Jun 15, 2017 2:14 PM

Jan 2015
So, I'm nearing the end of my challenge, and I need some sweet recs for number 59.
Please only recommend TV series of less than 30 episodes that are on my PTW list, preferrably not episodic as I already got a few of those going on. Give me at least 3 different shows so I can choose what I feel like watching on the moment, thanks ;)
Jun 15, 2017 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
HapHazrD said:
So, I'm nearing the end of my challenge, and I need some sweet recs for number 59.
Please only recommend TV series of less than 30 episodes that are on my PTW list, preferrably not episodic as I already got a few of those going on. Give me at least 3 different shows so I can choose what I feel like watching on the moment, thanks ;)

Berserk
Bokurano
Kuragehime
Nodame Cantabile
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2
Steins;Gate
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Tsuritama
Jun 15, 2017 2:52 PM

Jan 2015
@fuyuki @TuyNOM Thanks to both of you, I'll have a whole lot to choose from :)
Jun 16, 2017 2:10 AM

Aug 2016
Princess Tutu is eligible for challenge 24 - Watch an anime with 33 episodes or more, right? I know 38 episodes are listed, but there's the thing that 24 or so episodes were only half the normal episode length, and they were combined such that they became only 12 and so in total the full-length episodes amount to 26. So, is it fine? Just confirming, really.
Jun 16, 2017 3:39 AM

Jun 2015
jyuushimatsu said:
Princess Tutu is eligible for challenge 24 - Watch an anime with 33 episodes or more, right? I know 38 episodes are listed, but there's the thing that 24 or so episodes were only half the normal episode length, and they were combined such that they became only 12 and so in total the full-length episodes amount to 26. So, is it fine? Just confirming, really.

The MAL episode count is the one that counts. It's 38 on MAL so Tutu is eligible.
Jun 16, 2017 3:45 AM

Aug 2016
TrashDax said:
jyuushimatsu said:

The MAL episode count is the one that counts. It's 38 on MAL so Tutu is eligible.

Alright, thank you. I shall believe your word.
Jun 16, 2017 8:10 AM

Jan 2016
Would Boku no Hero Academia work for ->

Watch a Gourmet, Superhero or Magical Girl themed anime

I mean it says superpower not superhero in the genre part. Does that disqualify it in this case?
Jun 16, 2017 8:12 AM

Mar 2016
Emerson_ouo said:

I mean it says superpower not superhero in the genre part. Does that disqualify it in this case?
Yes Boku no hero counts for the Superhero theme
Jun 16, 2017 8:29 AM

Jan 2016
Sojin said:
Emerson_ouo said:

Yes Boku no hero counts for the Superhero theme

Alright, thanks for the super fast reply ^^
Jun 16, 2017 11:33 AM
Feb 2017
07 Watch a Korean or Chinese Anime.

Does that mean it has to be one produced/aired in those countries or does the source material have to be from a creator in those countries?

I.e. If I were to count Quan Zhi Gao Shou as a Chinese Anime or not in this case?

Edit: Reading is tech. Looked a few above and saw it. Now I feel dumb (I wont delete as im not sure if I should or not in this case. I'll wear my shame for not reading.)
WoefinderJun 16, 2017 12:19 PM
Jun 16, 2017 1:09 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@Woefinder

Technically it refers to anime produced (partially or fully) in those countries. We use the club's listing given they put the effort in identifying them (and it's easier for us).

Korean Anime https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=41909
Chinese Anime https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=42215
SheyCroixJun 16, 2017 1:18 PM

჌ HiScore ჌ LoScore ჌ Auction

჌ Turn-Ins ჌ AWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jun 16, 2017 1:37 PM
Feb 2017
SheyCroix said:
@Woefinder

Technically it refers to anime produced (partially or fully) in those countries. We use the club's listing given they put the effort in identifying them (and it's easier for us).

Gotcha. And I do see the anime I posted on the chinese page, so I guess its all fine in the end.

So basically, looking at the clubs "related animes" is a very simple way to tell what falls into said catagory so to speak.

(Also, a completely different question, whats an easy way to find out the <5000 completions?)
Jun 16, 2017 1:50 PM

Mar 2016
Woefinder said:
SheyCroix said:
@Woefinder

Gotcha. And I do see the anime I posted on the chinese page, so I guess its all fine in the end.

So basically, looking at the clubs "related animes" is a very simple way to tell what falls into said catagory so to speak.

(Also, a completely different question, whats an easy way to find out the <5000 completions?)
Go to this page
https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity&limit=3500 Here is a good place to start
Jun 16, 2017 3:25 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Woefinder said:

As Sojin said above you can try the unpopular stuff. Also sometimes the older stuff and related anime to things you watched could work (specials, onas and so on)

჌ Turn-Ins ჌ AWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jun 16, 2017 3:53 PM

Feb 2015
Anybody have some good shows that are 50+ episodes long? I currently only have one in my PTW list and I'd like some other ideas. I'd prefer it if they were in the 50-80 episode range.
Jun 16, 2017 4:02 PM

Aug 2013
Lohuydahutt said:
Anybody have some good shows that are 50+ episodes long? I currently only have one in my PTW list and I'd like some other ideas. I'd prefer it if they were in the 50-80 episode range.

Some suggestions ^^

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Monster
Hunter x Hunter
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Hayate no Gotoku
Hetalia Axis Powers

These go over 70 (around 100-120 episodes) but are damn good:

Uchuu_Kyoudai
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Yuu☆Yuu☆Hakusho
Jun 16, 2017 4:13 PM

Feb 2015
jhoson14 said:
Lohuydahutt said:

Some suggestions ^^

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Monster
Hunter x Hunter
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Hayate no Gotoku
Hetalia Axis Powers

These go over 70 (around 100-120 episodes) but are damn good:

Uchuu_Kyoudai
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Yuu☆Yuu☆Hakusho

Monster is like, the one 70 episode+ show I have finished. Rest look good though. I swear, I should probably overcome my weird mental block on watching longer shows but it's hard to some times. Ah well, this challenge is a good way to force myself to overcome that at least once. But I digress, thanks!
Jun 16, 2017 4:21 PM

Aug 2013
@Lohuydahutt Crap, was sure I haven't seen Monster in your list. My bad!!

Here's something to take its place::
Digimon Adventure
Beelzebub

If you like Sci-fi ,space Setting, really good humor and great characters Uuchu Kyoudai is a must!! Was in the same boat as you. "Omg, its freaking 99 episodes!! Will take me forever to watch it all" started in during a long holyday... and just 3 days later I was fuming and pissed that it had so few episodes.
Jun 16, 2017 4:28 PM

Feb 2015
jhoson14 said:
@Lohuydahutt Crap, was sure I haven't seen Monster in your list. My bad!!

Here's something to take its place::
Digimon Adventure
Beelzebub

If you like Sci-fi ,space Setting, really good humor and great characters Uuchu Kyoudai is a must!! Was in the same boat as you. "Omg, its freaking 99 episodes!! Will take me forever to watch it all" started in during a long holyday... and just 3 days later I was fuming and pissed that it had so few episodes.

Hmm... eh fuck it, I think I'll try that one out then. Thanks again.
Jun 16, 2017 4:59 PM

Oct 2014
@Lohuydahutt
If you're good with magical girl and idol anime there are a lot of good one around 50 eps:
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Cardcaptor Sakura (70)
Kaleido Star
Lady Jewelpet

Cross Game, Kenichi, and Shirokuma Cafe are a couple 50 episode ones I've tried that I didn't like too much, but judging by your list you might really like Kenichi.
Jun 16, 2017 5:22 PM

Feb 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
@Lohuydahutt
If you're good with magical girl and idol anime there are a lot of good one around 50 eps:
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Cardcaptor Sakura (70)
Kaleido Star
Lady Jewelpet

Cross Game, Kenichi, and Shirokuma Cafe are a couple 50 episode ones I've tried that I didn't like too much, but judging by your list you might really like Kenichi.

Interesting choices. I normally avoid magical girl shows not called Madoka but watching a wider variety of shows is always nice :3 Thanks.
Jun 16, 2017 8:37 PM

Jan 2017
MoheEd said:
Asa... So what's the rules? And the rewards..?

Mannorogth said:
Hola alguien que sepa las reglas y las instrucciones, no se como se hacen xd

Please use this thread for question. If you are going to participate, edit that post with the sign up form. If not, please just edit it with a "Withdrawn".

@Mannorogth si necesitas ayuda en Español escribele a @SheyCroix

@buttman333 please don't double post your form
3661 https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=3650#msg51094424
3662 https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=3650#msg51094460
Jun 17, 2017 5:15 AM
Jun 2016
okay i got my bingo card, really wanting to try this out as I would like to do this kind of thing seems fun.

Confused as to how do I post in the other topic my goals, do edit it all myself to include the anime's I want, as I don't know http and forum codes that much.
Jun 17, 2017 5:36 AM

Aug 2016
wolfwing said:
okay i got my bingo card, really wanting to try this out as I would like to do this kind of thing seems fun.

Confused as to how do I post in the other topic my goals, do edit it all myself to include the anime's I want, as I don't know http and forum codes that much.

With your card and chosen pattern, you check what each challenge on your card is and fill it into your post. Then also fill in everything else like your start dates, link to your anime list, number of anime completed at start of challenge... Just follow what it says there, and remove any of these '<' and '>' too. You can reference others' posts by clicking 'quote' on the right and then looking at their coding. Better to pick people who have filled in their lists already, so maybe go a few pages before if there are none on your page who have put the stuff in.

I don't know if that helped but yeah. If you need more help, don't be afraid to ask here, we'll get back to you shortly.
Jun 17, 2017 8:40 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@wolfwing you could also try the Excel file shared on the first post of this thread. It will fill out the forum post for you so you only need to fill out few things.

჌ Turn-Ins ჌ AWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jun 17, 2017 10:56 AM
Jun 2016
SheyCroix said:
@wolfwing you could also try the Excel file shared on the first post of this thread. It will fill out the forum post for you so you only need to fill out few things.

Thanks, this is such a great idea :> I love the concept of this.
Jun 17, 2017 11:44 AM
Jun 2016
okay I've tried the excel, I'm using open office, but there is a weird error in that the dificulty remains #name, and all the entries are #name? can't seem to get the list of challenges to show up. Or I get something simular but #macro? And appears to be a bunch of errors.

I'm trying to do full card with bingo 115. Not sure if I'm missing something, a issue with open office, if ti's open office any suggestions?
wolfwingJun 17, 2017 12:45 PM
Jun 17, 2017 5:32 PM
Jun 2016
Also do for anime's like, "Watch a anime with more plan to watch then completed." and anime that hasn't been completed can you use anime not released, like chose two summer anime for them?
Jun 17, 2017 5:43 PM

Mar 2016
wolfwing said:
okay I've tried the excel, I'm using open office, but there is a weird error in that the dificulty remains #name, and all the entries are #name? can't seem to get the list of challenges to show up. Or I get something simular but #macro? And appears to be a bunch of errors.

I'm trying to do full card with bingo 115. Not sure if I'm missing something, a issue with open office, if ti's open office any suggestions?
Sadly i didnt use the bingo card, so i cant help you there, i just manually filled everything out.
wolfwing said:
Also do for anime's like, "Watch a anime with more plan to watch then completed." and anime that hasn't been completed can you use anime not released, like chose two summer anime for them?
No you cannot use an airing anime, obviously an airing would have less completed anime.
Jun 17, 2017 5:51 PM
Jun 2016
Sojin said:
wolfwing said:

Sadly i didnt use the bingo card, so i cant help you there, i just manually filled everything out.
wolfwing said:
No you cannot use an airing anime, obviously an airing would have less completed anime.

True, but on the not reviwed, how many of those have gotten reviews just from this event. Is there a quick way to scan this site for anime without reviews, or more plan to watch and such? Not really looking forward to the idea of trying to do needle in a haystack to through through thousands of anime's to find 1-2 that5 might fit that criteria.
Jun 17, 2017 6:00 PM

Mar 2016
wolfwing said:
Sojin said:

True, but on the not reviwed, how many of those have gotten reviews just from this event. Is there a quick way to scan this site for anime without reviews, or more plan to watch and such? Not really looking forward to the idea of trying to do needle in a haystack to through through thousands of anime's to find 1-2 that5 might fit that criteria.
I understand where you are coming from, unfortunately MAL does not have this type of search function, lemme see if i can help with that.
@mozgow Do you still have that list of anime that has no reviews?
@jhoson14 didnt you have a list with anime with more PTW than completed? or was that someone else.

Anyway, you can wait for them to respond, the only anime I remember that has more PTW than Completed is Occultic;Nine
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32962/Occultic_Nine/stats
Jun 17, 2017 6:04 PM
Jun 2016
Sojin said:
wolfwing said:

I understand where you are coming from, unfortunately MAL does not have this type of search function, lemme see if i can help with that.
@jhoson14 didnt you have a list with anime with more PTW than completed? or was that someone else.

Anyway, you can wait for them to respond, the only anime I remember that has more PTW than Completed is Occultic;Nine

I found PTW by 14, fist of north star by going down crunchyroll anime's I have on my que so that should be fine for now.

Review will be harder because it will probably require somethign obscure, or recent.
Jun 17, 2017 6:16 PM

Mar 2016
wolfwing said:
Sojin said:

I found PTW by 14, fist of north star by going down crunchyroll anime's I have on my que so that should be fine for now.

Review will be harder because it will probably require somethign obscure, or recent.
If you are okay with using an OVA alot of those have no reviews
Jun 17, 2017 6:17 PM

Feb 2015
wolfwing said:
Sojin said:

IDK about not reviewed ones, but for shows with more plan to watch than completed here's some good ones I've seen (that happen to be shorter than Fist of the North Star)

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Monster
Tatami Galaxy
Humanity Has Declined
March Comes In Like a Lion

I've given all of these shows an 8 or a 9 personally, but idk how much you would like them. I imagine most shows that have more PTW than completed are either old, super long, obscure, "intellectual", weird, or a combination of those. As for not reviewed yet, I imagine pretty much everything that hasn't been reviewed yet would be something obscure. MAL has a lot of weird shorts and stuff that don't even look like anime so perhaps you could try to find one of those.
Jun 17, 2017 6:21 PM
Jun 2016
Lohuydahutt said:
wolfwing said:

IDK about not reviewed ones, but for shows with more plan to watch than completed here's some good ones I've seen (that happen to be shorter than Fist of the North Star)

Monster
Tatami Galaxy
Humanity Has Declined

I've given all of these shows an 8 or a 9 personally, but idk how much you would like them. I imagine most shows that have more PTW than completed are either old, super long, obscure, "intellectual", weird, or a combination of those. As for not reviewed yet, I imagine pretty much everything that hasn't been reviewed yet would be something obscure. MAL has a lot of weird shorts and stuff that don't even look like anime so perhaps you could try to find one of those.

I figured out a way to "cheat" :> look through stuff others have put on their choice for 62, and find one that hasn't been reviwed that interests me, but yeah :> Most people's 62 I've seen are OVA's or such
Jun 17, 2017 6:22 PM

Feb 2015
wolfwing said:
Lohuydahutt said:

Monster
Tatami Galaxy
Humanity Has Declined

I figured out a way to "cheat" :> look through stuff others have put on their choice for 62, and find one that hasn't been reviwed that interests me, but yeah :> Most people's 62 I've seen are OVA's or such

Oh, that's actually not a bad idea kek. I need to knock that one out myself some time.
Jun 17, 2017 6:24 PM

Mar 2016
wolfwing said:
Lohuydahutt said:

Monster
Tatami Galaxy
Humanity Has Declined

There you go, easy peasy, honestly thats what i do sometimes with the AWC Club
Jun 17, 2017 10:03 PM

Jan 2013
Hi, i need a recommendation for #59, hopefully something not too far from what i'd prefer (like sports, GAR, supernatural or old ones) but anything is fine
Thanks a lot!!!!
Wyvern22Jun 17, 2017 10:22 PM
Jun 18, 2017 12:41 AM
Jun 2016

thanks I will look into those :> Any recomendations for the 1917-1959? :> Using it as my free slot, as I think it might be fun to look at history of anime/japense animations.
Jun 18, 2017 12:45 AM

Jul 2014
@wolfwing
Maabou no Kinoshita Toukichirou is what I watched for this challenge.
Jun 18, 2017 4:12 AM

Aug 2013
Phlippy said:
Uhm Quan Zhi Gao Shou just changed from TV to ONA here on MyAnimeList
Do i really have to watch another Chinese anime now, since I was doing the TV only challenge?? It said TV the whole time it was airing, but now that it's finished they change it? That really sucks for the challenge...

Oh crap! Was using it for my challenge, since it already changed to ONA and by the time we finish our challenge and submit AWC_Mod or Oniisama might not accept it.

Will be going with other anime that finished airing to avoid this from happening again T-T
Jun 18, 2017 7:08 AM

Mar 2016
Phlippy said:
Do i really have to watch another Chinese anime now, since I was doing the TV only challenge?? It said TV the whole time it was airing, but now that it's finished they change it? That really sucks for the challenge...
jhoson14 said:
Phlippy said:

Oh crap! Was using it for my challenge, since it already changed to ONA and by the time we finish our challenge and submit AWC_Mod or Oniisama might not accept it.

Will be going with other anime that finished airing to avoid this from happening again T-T
LMAO, I feel y'alls pain thats for sure. Umm lemme try to sweet talk Shey when she wakes up.
Jun 18, 2017 9:54 AM
Jan 2014
Is it fine to use Eromanga Sensei for "Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field" ?

Jun 18, 2017 9:56 AM

Mar 2016
Mr_Pux said:
Is it fine to use Eromanga Sensei for "Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field" ?

Fk yea it is, Novelist and Illustrators are real jobs friends.
Jun 18, 2017 9:59 AM
Jan 2014
Sojin said:
Mr_Pux said:

Fk yea it is, Novelist and Illustrators are real jobs friends.

I'm asking just to confirm about "Professional" part.
Thank you ^^'
Jun 18, 2017 11:05 AM
Jul 2015
Hey, I'd like some recommendations for

59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread - link the post here
16. Watch an anime which began airing between 1980 and 1989

I haven't got too much time as I will be graduating high school this year, so if possible, I'd like shorter TV Series... I decided to only watch TV series for this year's challenge (which was a terrible idea), so I need 1 cour shows.
This is my progress so far.

Thanks!
DrosoJun 18, 2017 11:10 AM
Jun 18, 2017 11:10 AM
Jun 2016
Okay I posted my challenge, seems a few weird bugs in it like ?? rather then the symbols, but if any glaring other errors let me know I will fix it, I couldn't get excel to work so had to do everything manually and not used to http so any advice or corrections let me know.

I'm # 3961
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 107 108 [109] 110 111 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

16 by Psyzzy »»
1 minute ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

49 by APolygons2 »»
5 minutes ago

» Is there any specific setting or theme you’re biased to

nishant0 - 39 minutes ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
5 minutes ago

» What if Your Favourite Anime had the Flaws of Your Least Favourite Anime?

APolygons2 - 3 hours ago

18 by Saiunknown »»
7 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

30 by Miyamotodex23 »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.