Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 106 107 [108] 109 110 » ... Last »
Jun 10, 2017 3:18 PM

Jan 2017
If you are in the middle of editing your sign up form, then apologies for the mention

-- From post #3619 #3611 to #3636

Please fix your Initial Post Number
@dragonrat 3619 @satansitri666 3620 @ShikaTheGenius 3631 @AllDemFeelies 3634 @Save_Us_Flam3 3635

Jun 10, 2017 9:07 PM
Jan 2017
I'm confused, what is the point of the bingo card? Am I missing something? (I know it's explained in the challenge topic, but I really don't get it)

And I can use an anime that I started before the challenge was up, as long as I started it in 2017, right?

Young Black Jack Sub Indo
Jun 10, 2017 9:13 PM

Mar 2016
Oushino_Yama said:
I'm confused, what is the point of the bingo card? Am I missing something? (I know it's explained in the challenge topic, but I really don't get it)

And I can use an anime that I started before the challenge was up, as long as I started it in 2017, right?

Young Black Jack Sub Indo
I'd tell you to read the first post, but you probably wont so imma just copy and paste my explanation from there.
First! you get your bingo card
here is mine

Second! You decided on your Pattern: Im going to use the Emperor Difficulty just for explanations sake (Emperor means im doing the entire card)

Third! Matching your bingo card numbers
explanation: On your bingo card there are 49 spaces total, 48 unique number and 1 free space. Your bingo card will contain 48 randomly unique numbers ranging from 1 to 74. Now you match your number to the challenge list. The numbers on your bingo card will be the "challenges" that you complete.

After you match your 48 numbers to the challenge list your post should look like this. Ofcourse im using my list so i have edited a few things

Yes you can use any anime that was started in 2017
Jun 10, 2017 10:32 PM

Jan 2015
So for the on hold/ dropped challenge I moved the anime I planned to watch into the plan to watch list, can I still use it. It doesnt matter too much if I can't I have over 200 on hold/ dropped anime, so I can just choose a different one.

Jun 10, 2017 10:37 PM

Mar 2016
acestrawbs said:
So for the on hold/ dropped challenge I moved the anime I planned to watch into the plan to watch list, can I still use it. It doesnt matter too much if I can't I have over 200 on hold/ dropped anime, so I can just choose a different one.
How you organize your list makes no difference to the inspectors since we will only check your post once its completed.

Regarding the On-hold/dropped challenge, As long as the date is before 2017 or a 3 month gap in between start dates it doesnt matter.
Jun 11, 2017 5:16 AM

Aug 2013
Phlippy said:
Some recommendations for challenge #59 ?
Stuff that's not on my PTW and 13 episodes max please

Here are some recommendations:

Gin no Saji
Ookami to Koushinryou
Black Lagoon
Kokoro Connect
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge

Hope you like at least one of those xD
Jun 11, 2017 12:01 PM

Nov 2015
15. Watch an anime which began airing between 1960 and 1979:

..... :/

Help plz, animation is my biggest gripe with older shows so I've been delaying this one forever, the shorter the better.
Jun 11, 2017 12:04 PM

Aug 2015
ninjaalex2 said:
15. Watch an anime which began airing between 1960 and 1979:

..... :/

Help plz, animation is my biggest gripe with older shows so I've been delaying this one forever, the shorter the better.

Hey!
You can try this movie:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1430/Lupin_III__Cagliostro_no_Shiro
Jun 11, 2017 4:33 PM

Dec 2014
45. Watch an anime that combines one of your favorite and least favorite genres :

Does least favorite mean genre I don't like or is it a genre that I do like, but it's at the bottom of the ones I do like?

I'm probably overthinking this.

Edit: Also, does Kanna from Kobayahi-san Chi no Maid Dragon considered a child?
beariJun 11, 2017 4:43 PM
Jun 11, 2017 7:46 PM

Mar 2016
beari said:
45. Watch an anime that combines one of your favorite and least favorite genres :

Does least favorite mean genre I don't like or is it a genre that I do like, but it's at the bottom of the ones I do like?

I'm probably overthinking this.

Edit: Also, does Kanna from Kobayahi-san Chi no Maid Dragon considered a child?
Genre you like, genre you dislike.
Example: Likes - Ecchi; Dislikes - Harem

Kanna does not count as a child.
Jun 11, 2017 8:10 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
beari said:

It's up to you to decide. The idea for least favorite was to use the one you don't like. Or, in case were you could watch anything, the one at the bottom.... it could be considered either way =D

Oushino_Yama said:

The point of the bingo card is for you to have the items/challenges needed to participate, given the challenge list has more items listed than necessary.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jun 11, 2017 8:25 PM

Jun 2014
Hi, i need some recommendations for #59
Any genre is fine.
12-26 episodes preferred.

Thank you!
Jun 11, 2017 9:33 PM

Aug 2013
GHVegetables said:
Any genre is fine.

Thank you!

Here are some recommendations from your PTW if you don't mind ^^

Ano Hana
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Cowboy Bebop
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Haikyuu
Noragami
Jun 11, 2017 11:06 PM

Jun 2014
jhoson14 said:
GHVegetables said:
Any genre is fine.

Thank you!

Here are some recommendations from your PTW if you don't mind ^^

Ano Hana
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Cowboy Bebop
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Haikyuu
Noragami

Thank you im going to go with Noragami :)
Jun 12, 2017 3:31 AM

Jan 2017
I need a recommendation for the challenge!

I'm not picky about the type (movie, series, etc), but I would like it to be a 12ish ep series -- unless its REALLY good.

I typically enjoy action, thriller, horror, sci-fi, or something completely mind-blowing or off the wall.

Thanks in advance!
Jun 12, 2017 3:35 AM

Aug 2016
Imyreld said:

I'm not picky about the type (movie, series, etc), but I would like it to be a 12ish ep series -- unless its REALLY good.

I typically enjoy action, thriller, horror, sci-fi, or something completely mind-blowing or off the wall.

Thanks in advance!

From your PTW:
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (>12 but really good)
Bungou Stray Dogs
Death Parade
Durarara!! (>12 but really good)
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Koe no Katachi
Kotonoha no Niwa
Mirai Nikki (>12 but good)
Noragami
Toradora! (>12 but really good)
Youjo Senki

I hope those are enough.
Jun 12, 2017 3:56 AM

Jan 2017
jyuushimatsu said:
Imyreld said:

Thanks in advance!

From your PTW:
Bungou Stray Dogs
Death Parade
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Koe no Katachi
Kotonoha no Niwa
Noragami
Youjo Senki

I hope those are enough.

I'm going with Hataraku Maou-sama! Thank you, jyuushimatsu :)
Jun 12, 2017 5:15 AM

Aug 2016
Imyreld said:
jyuushimatsu said:

From your PTW:
Bungou Stray Dogs
Death Parade
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Koe no Katachi
Kotonoha no Niwa
Noragami
Youjo Senki

I hope those are enough.

I'm going with Hataraku Maou-sama! Thank you, jyuushimatsu :)

You're welcome, glad I was able to help! :)
Jun 12, 2017 3:27 PM

Oct 2016
For the challenge that says to finish an on-hold or dropped anime, does this mean that my start date for that anime can be before January 1, 2017?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2017 3:33 PM

Jul 2012
Andlena said:
For the challenge that says to finish an on-hold or dropped anime, does this mean that my start date for that anime can be before January 1, 2017?

Yes it can be before 2017, and as the instructions for that challenge say that would somewhat be ideal
Jun 12, 2017 10:45 PM
Feb 2017
How does everyone include a badge at the end of their messages as a signature? I want to put one that says I am a participant of the anime challenge, but I'm not sure how to.

Can someone tell me how to please?
Jun 12, 2017 11:11 PM

Aug 2013
elizabeeth said:
How does everyone include a badge at the end of their messages as a signature? I want to put one that says I am a participant of the anime challenge, but I'm not sure how to.

Can someone tell me how to please?

Go to your profile settings, in the forum tab under signature insert
[img] url link here to your banner[/img]

It will look like this . You can make your own banner or use one already made https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476#msg49234408 (plenty to choose from ^^ )
jhoson14Jun 12, 2017 11:16 PM
Jun 13, 2017 12:07 AM
Feb 2017
Thanks so much for your help!!! ^^ I'm gonna have fun with this hahaha
Jun 13, 2017 1:45 AM

Jul 2014
Does Quan Zhi Gao Shou counts as a chinese anime?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2017 1:47 AM

Jul 2009
Kougar said:
Does Quan Zhi Gao Shou counts as a chinese anime?

Yes it does, it originated from there
Jun 13, 2017 3:29 AM

Jan 2015
43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field

Professional Assassin, ok?

Wondering if I can use the main from Black Cat.
Jun 13, 2017 3:48 AM

Aug 2016
PrincessPassa said:
43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field

Professional Assassin, ok?

Wondering if I can use the main from Black Cat.

I haven't watched it, but I think it should work. You might want to wait for confirmation from others, though.
Jun 13, 2017 4:43 AM

Oct 2013
"59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread"
can anyone recommend me an anime to watch? thanks in advance!

also, for challenge #42 it says: "Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese - no fictional settings, has to be a real nationality; state the character/nationality; can't be half-Japanese". what do they mean by "no fictional settings"?
lacailleJun 13, 2017 4:48 AM
“Time might separate us, one day. But until then, let’s stay together.”
Jun 13, 2017 5:11 AM

Aug 2013
lacaille said:

also, for challenge #42 it says: "Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese - no fictional settings, has to be a real nationality; state the character/nationality; can't be half-Japanese". what do they mean by "no fictional settings"?

Recommendations for 59:

Ano Hana
Cowboy Bebop
Steins Gate
Kokoro Connect
Usagi Drop

42- For nom fictional setting a good example is Youjo Senki, Serebryakova is of German nationality. But since the setting is a parallel world this make the setting fictional and thus invalid as entry for the challenge.

The anime should be grounded on realistic nations an world location. Here are some suggestion's that can be used for this challenge:

Baccano (American)
Le Chevalier DEon (French)
Gunslinger Girl (Italian)
Akibas Trip The Animation (Arisa is Finnish)

Jun 13, 2017 5:18 AM

Aug 2015
lacaille said:

Hey!
For #59, I recommend you according to your tastes:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28851/Koe_no_Katachi?q=koe%20no%20kat
https://myanimelist.net/anime/15809/Hataraku_Maou-sama?q=hataraku%20
https://myanimelist.net/anime/21843/Shingeki_no_Bahamut__Genesis?q=shingeki%20no%20
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2001/Tengen_Toppa_Gurren_Lagann?q=tengen%20

For #42:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/232/Cardcaptor_Sakura?q=cardcapto (Li Shaoran)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2251/Baccano?q=baccano (Ladd Russo)

Hope that one of the animes can satisfy you. ^-^
Jun 13, 2017 8:28 PM
Oct 2014
Hey! Need rec for #59: Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. I like shonen, psychological, slice of life.
Jun 13, 2017 9:30 PM

Aug 2013
Misaki_Ogata said:
Hey! Need rec for #59: Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. I like shonen, psychological, slice of life.

Usagi Drop
Hyouka
Mirai Nikki TV
Kokoro Connect
Ergo Proxy
Non Non Biyori

Hope you like of one those :D
Jun 13, 2017 9:34 PM
Oct 2014
jhoson14 said:
Misaki_Ogata said:

Usagi Drop
Hyouka
Mirai Nikki TV
Kokoro Connect
Ergo Proxy
Non Non Biyori

Hope you like of one those :D

Thank you :3 Difficult to choose, but I'll pick Hyouka :)
Jun 13, 2017 10:58 PM

Dec 2016
I have a challenge 59, recommend me something. Rather not have an anime above PG-13, but doesn't really matter.
Jun 14, 2017 2:59 AM

Oct 2013

ah, i see! thank you for your recommendation and your explanation!

thank you for the recommendations!

i'll be sure to check everything out!
“Time might separate us, one day. But until then, let’s stay together.”
Jun 14, 2017 6:33 AM

May 2017

Hello, I'm Anime Noob, female, age 26 :) I love SF and supernatural. I don't like too much blood. I like series that have no more than 40 episodes ;) Please help!

Jun 14, 2017 6:37 AM

Aug 2016
MizuchiMari said:

Hello, I'm Anime Noob, female, age 26 :) I love SF and supernatural. I don't like too much blood. I like series that have no more than 40 episodes ;) Please help!

Death Parade (in your PTW)

AnoHana
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Bungou Stray Dogs (Supernatural)
Byousaku 5 Centimeter
Durarara!! (Supernatural)
Flanders no Inu (Movie)
Gosick
Hotaru no Haka
Hotarubi no Mori e (Supernatural)
Inu x Boku SS (Supernatural)
Kiznaiver (Sci-Fi)
Koe no Katachi
Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda
Noragami (Supernatural)
Osomatsu-san
Plastic Memories (Sci-Fi)
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Toradora!
Watashi ga Motete Dousunda
Youjo Senki
Yuri!!! on ICE
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru

Hope you like one of them!
Jun 14, 2017 8:40 AM

Dec 2016
TuyNOM said:

I can't see your anime list so I don't know if you watched them.

Oops, forgot I privated my list. Anyway, thanks for the recommendation! I'm going with Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
Jun 14, 2017 11:05 AM

Aug 2015
ScarletCelestial said:
Oops, forgot I privated my list. Anyway, thanks for the recommendation! I'm going with Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.

Just to give you a heads up... if your Anime list is set to private, the MODs are going to refuse your turn-in form (assuming that you actually complete the challenge).
Jun 14, 2017 11:13 AM

Jun 2017
For challenge #40, would Alice from Alice to Zoroku count as a child? I couldn't find her age anywhere online.
Jun 14, 2017 12:31 PM

Jul 2014
KiimonBlastMode said:
For challenge #40, would Alice from Alice to Zoroku count as a child? I couldn't find her age anywhere online.

Unfortunately not. Watch first few episodes and you will know why.
Jun 14, 2017 1:13 PM

Jun 2017
mozgow said:
KiimonBlastMode said:

What about Youjo Senki? The girl's body is 9 years old , but she has the brain of some old dead guy, so would the character count as a child?
Jun 14, 2017 1:14 PM

Aug 2015
KiimonBlastMode said:
mozgow said:

What about Youjo Senki? The girl's body is 9 years old , but she has the brain of some old dead guy, so would the character count as a child?

Nope, Youjo Senki doesn't count. lol
Jun 14, 2017 2:51 PM
May 2015
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Completing challenges you already completed is fun XD
Jun 14, 2017 4:04 PM

Dec 2015
I need some help with some of the challenges. I need something good for (#55 "Watch an anime tagged as Mecha, Military, Police and/or Space),
(#48 "Watch an anime tagged as Shoujo or Josei".) and for (#28 "Watch an anime adapted from a Visual Novel, Card Game or Game") Thanks in advance.
ViemasJun 14, 2017 4:15 PM
Jun 14, 2017 4:16 PM

Jul 2012
Tsuza said:
I need some help with some of the challenges. I need something good for (#55 "Watch an anime tagged as Mecha, Military, Police and/or Space") and for (#48 "Watch an anime tagged as Shoujo or Josei".) Thanks in advance.

It's probably a bit easier to go off of your plan to watch
For 55: It looks like you have Cross Ange and Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and Psycho-Pass listed.
For 48: It looks like you have Ouran Koukou Host Club and Kimi ni Todoke 2nd season listed.
Jun 14, 2017 5:57 PM

Jul 2016
Ok, so I watched IGPX on Toonami a long time ago, but never actually saw the whole series. I saw a few scattered episodes. Can I rewartch the rest of it for the one where I have to watch an on-hld or dropped anime?
Jun 14, 2017 8:57 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
OGBsweets said:
Ok, so I watched IGPX on Toonami a long time ago, but never actually saw the whole series. I saw a few scattered episodes. Can I rewartch the rest of it for the one where I have to watch an on-hld or dropped anime?

If you can remember the dates of when you watched the first few episodes, then yes. You need at most the month/year for us to validate it. Make sure to also add those dates to the entry.

MoheEd said:
Asa... So what's the rules? And the rewards..?

Please use this thread for question. If you are going to participate, edit that post with the sign up form. If not, please delete it before someone else post. If when you are going to delete it someone already posted just edit it with a "Withdrawn".

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jun 15, 2017 10:34 AM

Dec 2015
GamerDLM said:
Tsuza said:
I need some help with some of the challenges. I need something good for (#55 "Watch an anime tagged as Mecha, Military, Police and/or Space") and for (#48 "Watch an anime tagged as Shoujo or Josei".) Thanks in advance.

It's probably a bit easier to go off of your plan to watch
For 55: It looks like you have Cross Ange and Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and Psycho-Pass listed.
For 48: It looks like you have Ouran Koukou Host Club and Kimi ni Todoke 2nd season listed.

I havent really updated my PTW in ages so its pretty outdated but thanks anyway ill check these.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 106 107 [108] 109 110 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» what characters are you the biggest apologist of ?

ame - Oct 5, 2023

23 by Anjuro »»
3 minutes ago

» Describe an anime with zoomer language

ZakuF_ - May 1

17 by SgtBateMan »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » is isekai the most misunderstood genre of all time? ( 1 2 )

real-truck-Kun - Nov 4, 2023

51 by FruitPunchBaka »»
18 minutes ago

» Your biggest why …? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 12

69 by Jackof-allspades »»
26 minutes ago

» Your favorite furry anime character?

Ex-Aid - 3 hours ago

6 by Chronon »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.