Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 75 76 [77] 78 79 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2017 4:37 PM

Jul 2012
Strawberry said:
For the challenge that says "Watch an anime that has a main character that doesn't look human." Is the anime Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei alright? It has a character named Ozu and I think hes human, but he doesn't exactly look human.

I don't think that will work. He is human, he's just not very good looking or looks like a troll.
Mar 17, 2017 4:59 PM

Oct 2014
Strawberry said:
For the challenge that says "Watch an anime that has a main character that doesn't look human." Is the anime Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei alright? It has a character named Ozu and I think hes human, but he doesn't exactly look human.
If a clearly human character has things like cat ears or possibly even a tail then they can count, but if they just don't look normal that isn't acceptable.
Mar 17, 2017 5:13 PM

Jan 2013
74. Watch an anime recommended to a Favorite Anime listed in your profile
Does it matter how popular the recommendation is? I mean, can I also watch something that was recommended by 1 user even if I haven't seen the most recommended shows?
Mar 17, 2017 5:18 PM

Mar 2017
fuyuki said:
Does it matter how popular the recommendation is? I mean, can I also watch something that was recommended by 1 user even if I haven't seen the most recommended shows?

Yap as long as the anime can be found in the 'recommendations' section of your favorite anime then you are good. I guess it wouldnt count only if its recommended by only one user and that user is you.

Mar 17, 2017 5:22 PM

Oct 2014
fuyuki said:
Going by only the highest rated recommendations would be very limiting. You're allowed to watch any that show up. If there's a specific anime you're wanting to watch it wouldn't even be against the rules to ask a friend to recommend that anime to one of your favourites if it hasn't been done before. You're not allowed using autorecs, though, since those are pretty much randomized (this would imply a really obscure favourite anime).
Mar 17, 2017 5:28 PM

Jan 2013
@reydb @zombie_pegasus thanks for clarifying!
Mar 17, 2017 9:41 PM

Jan 2013
Honey_Rose said:
Hi everyone,
Looking for some recommendations for challenge: #59 . Would prefer an anime thats under 30 episodes. I also have a quick question, if you already watched an anime but not the following seasons would they be able to be used?

- Steins;Gate (Basically a must watch, it's one the best anime shows you'll find.
- Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - You'll love it since you seemed to be alright with Death Note.
- Redline - Amazing visuals and pretty funny cast.
- Shiki - Intense invesigation regarding vampires.
- Kokoro Connect - What happens when you wake in someone elses body ... !

As for your question regarding following seasons, yes you can use any entry, be it a sequel, a spin-off or whatever, as long as it's seperated by being a different entry on this website.
Mar 17, 2017 9:42 PM

Mar 2015
Honey_Rose said:
Hi everyone,
Looking for some recommendations for challenge: #59 . Would prefer an anime thats under 30 episodes. I also have a quick question, if you already watched an anime but not the following seasons would they be able to be used?

You seem to like a lot of action and psychological shows, so Black Lagoon and Death Parade might be up your alley. You might even be open to the even more ridiculous version of Mirai Nikki, Big Order. Also, there are no restrictions on which anime you can watch (besides the ones you impose on yourself and the ones required by the specific challenge (for example, watching a movie for challenge 2)).
Mar 17, 2017 10:03 PM

May 2016
Hey :) Does anyone have a recommendation for me for #59? Any genre works.
I swear to god if someone says boku no pico I'll flip though XD
Thanks~
Mar 17, 2017 10:24 PM

Feb 2016
Reversinator said:
Honey_Rose said:
Hi everyone,

You seem to like a lot of action and psychological shows, so Black Lagoon and Death Parade might be up your alley. You might even be open to the even more ridiculous version of Mirai Nikki, Big Order. Also, there are no restrictions on which anime you can watch (besides the ones you impose on yourself and the ones required by the specific challenge (for example, watching a movie for challenge 2)).

Thanks :) I think I might check out Death Parade for this challange, but I might try to work at least one of the others into my challange
Mar 17, 2017 10:27 PM

Feb 2016
PrOxAnto said:
Honey_Rose said:
Hi everyone,

- Steins;Gate (Basically a must watch, it's one the best anime shows you'll find.
- Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - You'll love it since you seemed to be alright with Death Note.
- Redline - Amazing visuals and pretty funny cast.
- Shiki - Intense invesigation regarding vampires.
- Kokoro Connect - What happens when you wake in someone elses body ... !

As for your question regarding following seasons, yes you can use any entry, be it a sequel, a spin-off or whatever, as long as it's separated by being a different entry on this website.

Thanks for the great suggestions, I put some of those in my plan to watch list.

Glad to know I can use following seasons in my entrys
Mar 17, 2017 11:23 PM
Jan 2017
Hello I need help finding a Anime that is 15 minutes or less each episode but over 6 episodes. This is for the 2017 Anime Watching Challenge 3. Watch a short anime - needs 15 minutes or less per episode AND 6 episodes or more.

My Types are Romance, Comedy, School, Slice of Life, and Drama. Thank you for your Help. XD
Mar 17, 2017 11:53 PM

Aug 2013
Ginger_Otaku said:
Hey :) Does anyone have a recommendation for me for #59? Any genre works.
I swear to god if someone says boku no pico I'll flip though XD
Thanks~

I have something even better than Boku no Pico, and its called Hametsu no Mars!!

Joking aside, here's some recommendations ^^

Clannad
Black Lagoon
Durarara
Usagi Drop
Darker than Black

iBoi said:
Hello I need help finding a Anime that is 15 minutes or less each episode but over 6 episodes. This is for the 2017 Anime Watching Challenge 3. Watch a short anime - needs 15 minutes or less per episode AND 6 episodes or more.

My Types are Romance, Comedy, School, Slice of Life, and Drama. Thank you for your Help. XD

Since you liked Tanaka Kun: Tanaka-kun wa Kyou mo Kedaruge
Inferno Cop
Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara
Mar 18, 2017 4:05 AM

Mar 2016
Yo for challenge number #72 (Watch an anime that you can finish in one day) does it just have to be any anime with a total run time of less than 24hrs and you can watch it over however many days you want or do you have to sit down and watch the whole thing in one day?
Mar 18, 2017 4:18 AM

Jan 2013
GeheimesEntlein said:
Yo for challenge number #72 (Watch an anime that you can finish in one day) does it just have to be any anime with a total run time of less than 24hrs and you can watch it over however many days you want or do you have to sit down and watch the whole thing in one day?

Sit through the anime in one day.
So if you're not up for the challenge, watch a movie or a small anime that only has like episodes with a duraton of 4min each.
Mar 18, 2017 4:59 AM

Mar 2015
PrOxAnto said:
GeheimesEntlein said:

Sit through the anime in one day.
So if you're not up for the challenge, watch a movie or a small anime that only has like episodes with a duraton of 4min each.

If you're especially pressed for time, shows like Teekyuu and Minna Atsumare! Falcom Gakuen are only two minutes long (plus they have sequels).
Mar 18, 2017 7:36 AM

Aug 2016
Um, dumb question: Am I allowed to use Kuroshitsuji Movie: Book of the Atlantic for any of the items it can count/qualify for (other than number 6) despite not having watched the original Black Butler series? (I watched it in the cinema with my family, that's why)
Mar 18, 2017 7:58 AM

Jul 2014
hope-kibou said:
Um, dumb question: Am I allowed to use Kuroshitsuji Movie: Book of the Atlantic for any of the items it can count/qualify for (other than number 6) despite not having watched the original Black Butler series? (I watched it in the cinema with my family, that's why)
Of course. As long as it's valid entry you can use it.
Mar 18, 2017 7:59 AM

Aug 2016
mozgow said:
hope-kibou said:
Okay, thank you for the clarification! :)
Mar 18, 2017 8:59 AM

Mar 2017
mozgow said:
hope-kibou said:

Are you sure about that? I think that if an anime is considered sequel you need to have already watched the prequel(s) to use it for your challenge. Not sure though ^_^

Mar 18, 2017 9:14 AM

Feb 2010
reydb said:
mozgow said:

Are you sure about that? I think that if an anime is considered sequel you need to have already watched the prequel(s) to use it for your challenge. Not sure though ^_^

I don't think that's the case. Such restrictions would be arbitrary and have nothing to do with the challenge so I can't imagine them including stuff like that. Plus there's a ton of cases where sequels are standalone. For example you don't have to watch Fate Zero before UBW, many peolpe even recommend it the other way around.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 18, 2017 9:18 AM

Jul 2009
Hello everyone, a couple questions...

1. Is it okay to watch Dennou Coil for requirement #40 (Watch an anime with at least one child as MC)? I don't think it ever explicitly states their ages, but they do attend an elementary school. Elementary schools in Japan all have students that are 12 years old or below, right? I just wanted to check to make sure.

2. Can anyone recommend anything for me for requirement #59?

Thanks a bunch! ^^
Mar 18, 2017 9:20 AM

Mar 2017
Pullman said:

I don't think that's the case. Such restrictions would be arbitrary and have nothing to do with the challenge so I can't imagine them including stuff like that. Plus there's a ton of cases where sequels are standalone. For example you don't have to watch Fate Zero before UBW, many peolpe even recommend it the other way around.

Yap,you are probably right! I must have mistaken it with something else i read. Thx for clarifying.

Mar 18, 2017 9:51 AM

Apr 2011
Santouka said:
Hello everyone, a couple questions...

1. Is it okay to watch Dennou Coil for requirement #40 (Watch an anime with at least one child as MC)? I don't think it ever explicitly states their ages, but they do attend an elementary school. Elementary schools in Japan all have students that are 12 years old or below, right? I just wanted to check to make sure.

2. Can anyone recommend anything for me for requirement #59?

Thanks a bunch! ^^

Dennou Coil definitely works for that challenge, I used it last year for the challenge where all mains had to be 12 or under.

As for recommendations:
Gungrave
Gankutsuou
Trigun
KonoSuba
Lovely Complex
Mar 18, 2017 10:07 AM

Nov 2015
Two things:

- 59. "Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread."

I'm not really a picky person, anything's cool; dub or sub, slow paced symbolism or insane ecchi, doesn't matter, only real preference is decent animation, I suppose.

- 43. "Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field."

Does anybody from "Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata" qualify for this?

Thank you very much.
Mar 18, 2017 10:12 AM

Mar 2016
ninjaalex2 said:
Two things:

- 59. "Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread."

I'm not really a picky person, anything's cool; dub or sub, slow paced symbolism or insane ecchi, doesn't matter, only real preference is decent animation, I suppose.

- 43. "Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field."

Does anybody from "Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata" qualify for this?

Thank you very much.
I recommend
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14075/Zetsuen_no_Tempest
https://myanimelist.net/anime/18245/White_Album_2
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10162/Usagi_Drop
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31953/New_Game

Yes How to Raise a Boring Gilfriend would count. Utaha and Eriri get paid since they are professionals. Eriri is a mangaka and Utaha is a light novel writer if im remembering that correctly.
Mar 18, 2017 1:43 PM

Jan 2014
can someone recommend an anime for #43 (watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field) i cant think of anything lol. i'd prefer it to be under 25 episodes
Mar 18, 2017 4:40 PM
Jan 2017
Would love a rec for #59 and also for #14 and #15 preferbly 13 ep / OVA / Movie

~Thanks
Mar 19, 2017 12:04 AM
Jan 2016
I have a question on one of the categories, it says to watch an anime that "19. Watch an anime that aired only during 2016 - one that started and ended during 2016" i watched kono subarashii first season, it doesnt count does it?
its all fine if it doesnt i can substitute it for a different one i just watched as well. just want to make sure so i dont mess up my entries.
Mar 19, 2017 12:22 AM

Jul 2012
Kerminator said:
I have a question on one of the categories, it says to watch an anime that "19. Watch an anime that aired only during 2016 - one that started and ended during 2016" i watched kono subarashii first season, it doesnt count does it?
its all fine if it doesnt i can substitute it for a different one i just watched as well. just want to make sure so i dont mess up my entries.

It would count assuming you watched it this year.
Mar 19, 2017 12:51 AM
Mar 2017
For number 59 I need a recommendation .>. Plz help. I dont have any preferences; just let it be good please.
Mar 19, 2017 3:16 AM

Apr 2014
Dalivinpotato said:
For number 59 I need a recommendation .>. Plz help. I dont have any preferences; just let it be good please.

Some recomendation
Golden time
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV)
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
Mar 19, 2017 3:58 AM

Mar 2011
Hi there again! ^^
Could you please give me recommendation for No.44 (Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth)?
/I have read the blog which one was linked to the Challenge List/

Thanks in advance! :)

Mar 19, 2017 4:01 AM

Jul 2014
Renee-chan said:
Hi there again! ^^
Could you please give me recommendation for No.44 (Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth)?

Shisha no Teikoku
(character limit)
Mar 19, 2017 4:14 AM

Apr 2008
Hello, someone recommend me an anime for #59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.
I don't mind any genre, as long as it's nice (and not on-going) :) thanks!

_____________"The Baseball team is here to f~ck you up" - Wakana
Mar 19, 2017 4:43 AM

Nov 2015
Hello :)
Can I use Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. (TV) for #41?
Mar 19, 2017 5:10 AM

Mar 2011
mozgow said:
Renee-chan said:
Hi there again! ^^

Shisha no Teikoku
(character limit)

wooow, thanks :) (I added it to my plan to watch list, and i didnt remeber for it. :D)

Mar 19, 2017 5:20 AM

Aug 2013
Dr_Tokami said:
Hello, someone recommend me an anime for #59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.
I don't mind any genre, as long as it's nice (and not on-going) :) thanks!

Here's some recommendations, hope at least one picks your interest :

Shinsekai Yori
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Planetes
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199

Ks_rai said:
Hello :)
Can I use Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. (TV) for #41?

Yes. He's a valid entry ^^
Mar 19, 2017 7:07 AM

May 2015
Ok so I remember reading something about this when I first signed up, but now I can't find that information.

What's the procedure if you want to change your username mid-challenge?
Mar 19, 2017 7:16 AM

Mar 2017
okayremus said:
Ok so I remember reading something about this when I first signed up, but now I can't find that information.

For challenge #65 you should make the predictive search with your new username and for challenge #67 it must be the 2nd letter of your new username

Mar 19, 2017 7:20 AM

May 2015
reydb said:
okayremus said:

For challenge #65 you should make the predictive search with your new username and for challenge #67 it must be the 2nd letter of your new username

Is that all? Nothing else?
(Thank you for the reply btw)
Mar 19, 2017 7:26 AM

Mar 2017
okayremus said:

Is that all? Nothing else?
(Thank you for the reply btw)

That's all i know,if someone knows more he will post it i guess. You are welcome :)

Mar 19, 2017 8:32 AM

May 2015
Hi, please someone recommend me an romance anime for #59 :) And not on-going pls :d
  • Normal:
  • Bonus: x6
  • Secret: x5
Mar 19, 2017 8:35 AM

Jul 2014
InrzynierMateusz said:
Hi, please someone recommend me an romance anime for #59 :) And not on-going pls :d

Itazura na Kiss - it's on your PTW list :-)
Mar 19, 2017 8:53 AM

Jan 2017
@Etzel about your on-hold question, you already got the right answer (start and wait 3 months) but to add to this: add a note that says you didn't have any and went with this exception. You can even link this post just in case, since when we check your turn-in and see the dates, if there's no note/evidence, you will most likely receive a message asking why it's like that.

zombie_pegasus said:
You can put an anime on-hold during the year, but I think you can use an anime franchise that you dropped/put on-hold. [...] I would personally see this as being closer to the true intent of the challenge since you are continuing an anime that left unfinished rather than simply starting an anime and picking it back up later in the year. You'd have to ask @AWC_mod but I personally see this as a better way to complete the challenge.

#73 wasn't intended to be completed with franchises, but it's an interesting way to see it. Do save that idea and share it with us again on December, when we start receiving suggestions again.

-- From post #2870 #2867 to #2915
If you are in the middle of editing your sign up form, then apologies for the mention

Please keep the numbered list [ list=1 ]
@CheekyKunt

Please keep your Initial Post Number
@FireStorm21 2878

Please fix your Initial Post Number
@Zurakatai 2870 @Kerminator 2880 @Kamiko_Yukimura 2884 @Samlkey 2892 @AndreChang 2897 @AssassinExorcist 2902 @Cookie3214 2903 @Chrono6 2911 @Retiredmagician 2914

@lilnart99 please keep the ending tags for the spoiler and the numbered list

@Dalivinpotato @JediPusheen please use the provided format for the challenge sign up
AWC_modMar 19, 2017 9:10 AM
Mar 19, 2017 9:39 AM

Jul 2009
Heya fellas, need an anime recommended to me for challenge #59
Mar 19, 2017 10:58 AM

Jun 2012
Hello~~

For "07. Watch a Korean or Chinese anime" - would Quan Zhi Gao Shou fit the bill?

CheekyKunt said:

Aki no Kanada
Mousou Dairinin
Rose of Versailles
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Working!!
AstarateMar 19, 2017 1:49 PM
Mar 19, 2017 11:08 AM

Jul 2009
Astarate said:
CheekyKunt said:

Aki no Kanada
Mousou Dairinin
Rose of Versailles
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Working!!

Thank you so much yeah, appreciate it!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 75 76 [77] 78 79 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 7 hours ago

10 by meyve »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 8 hours ago

16 by Maou_heika »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 9 minutes ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
3 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 3 hours ago

8 by mshfqtny »»
6 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 5 hours ago

25 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.