Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2017 2:16 AM

Mar 2016
Takamura-sama said:

Sorry, but sojin, could you check if I did it right XD

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=200 last reply.
Yea it looks good so far, you just need to do step 3 in what i told you to do!
Jan 7, 2017 2:18 AM
Jul 2018
Okay then, for 74: (Watch an anime recommended to a Favorite Anime listed in your profile) I need to choose from its recommendation panel on MAL or just ask for a rec?
Jan 7, 2017 2:19 AM

Mar 2016
Darek said:
Okay then, for 74: (Watch an anime recommended to a Favorite Anime listed in your profile) I need to choose from its recommendation panel on MAL or just ask for a rec?
go to your favorite anime's page, then scroll down and watch one of the animes it recommends at the bottom
Jan 7, 2017 2:23 AM
Jul 2018
Sojin said:
Darek said:
go to your favorite anime's page, then scroll down and watch one of the animes it recommends at the bottom

I see, so it's as I thought, thx again XD
Jan 7, 2017 2:26 AM
Sep 2014
Right-o. I've got two questions:

1. When it says TV types, does that mean shows that are episodic, no movies?

2. I'm going for Master o' Sci-Fi and need recommendations. Something a bit more obscure preferably, since my MAL list doesn't show everything I've tried to watch.
Jan 7, 2017 2:31 AM

Mar 2016
Captain_Zibbles said:
Right-o. I've got two questions:

1. When it says TV types, does that mean shows that are episodic, no movies?

2. I'm going for Master o' Sci-Fi and need recommendations. Something a bit more obscure preferably, since my MAL list doesn't show everything I've tried to watch.
When it means TV types it means this

So if it says OVA, ONA, Special, or Movie then you cant use it

as for your recommendation if you want obscure watch Mekakucity Actors
SojinJan 7, 2017 2:41 AM
Jan 7, 2017 2:35 AM
Sep 2014
Sojin said:
When it means TV types it means this

So if it says OVA, ONA, or Movie then you cant use it

as for your recommendation if you want obscure watch Mekakucity Actors

Sweet, thanks for the help and the recc. Both are very much appreciated!
Jan 7, 2017 2:44 AM

Jul 2014
Is the Patterned Bingo Card even required for Emperor difficulty?
To complete it you need to watch all 49 challenges. What's the point of creating Patterned Bingo Card?
Jan 7, 2017 2:45 AM

Apr 2008
mozgow said:
To complete it you need to watch all 49 challenges. What's the point of creating Patterned Bingo Card?

There are more than 49 possible challenges.
Jan 7, 2017 2:47 AM

Mar 2016
mozgow said:
The entire bingo card gives you 48 random numbers out of a possible 74 numbers. SOOO you kinda need the card
Jan 7, 2017 2:48 AM

May 2015
mozgow said:
The pattern not really, but writing Full Card is aesthetically better than leaving an empty space.

But the bingo card yes as it randomly chooses 48 out of the 74 total challenges.
zalJan 7, 2017 2:51 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2017 2:50 AM

Jul 2014
Plate said:
mozgow said:

I know. But once you create your own Bingo Card (here's mine) and choose Emperor difficulty, what's the point of creating Patterned Bingo Card where you mark the challenges you're gonna watch? You need all 49 of them.
Jan 7, 2017 2:51 AM

Mar 2016
mozgow said:
Plate said:

I know. But once you create your own Bingo Card and choose Emperor difficulty, what's the point of creating Patterned Bingo Card where you mark the challenges you're gonna watch? You need all 49 of them.
Sweetheart there is a total of 74 challenges, and you only need to complete the 48 challenges from your bingo card and 1 challenge of your choice making 49 challenges, SO U NEED THE CARD

Jan 7, 2017 2:58 AM

Dec 2014
I watched Kizumonogatari I: Tekketsu-hen and Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen yesterday. Do they count as two separate anime entries? Since II is just the sequel of I and I'm not sure if I can use both as completed challenge items.
Jan 7, 2017 2:59 AM

Mar 2016
Totengebirge said:
I watched Kizumonogatari I: Tekketsu-hen and Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen yesterday. Do they count as two seperate anime entries? Since II is just the sequel of I and I'm not sure if I can use both as completed challenge items.
Yes they count as 2 separate entries
Jan 7, 2017 3:04 AM

Jul 2014
Sojin said:
mozgow said:
I know. But once you create your own Bingo Card and choose Emperor difficulty, what's the point of creating Patterned Bingo Card where you mark the challenges you're gonna watch? You need all 49 of them.
Sweetheart there is a total of 74 challenges, and you only need to complete the 48 challenges from your bingo card and 1 challenge of your choice making 49 challenges, SO U NEED THE CARD

I know that I need to have a Bingo Card (and I created one for the challenge). But do I really need to create a patterned version of it, where I mark the ones I watched for the challenge?
I think only @AWC_mod can answer that.
Jan 7, 2017 3:05 AM

Mar 2016
mozgow said:
Sojin said:

I know that I need to have a Bingo Card (and I created one for the challenge). But do I really need to create a patterned version of it, where I mark the ones I watched for the challenge?
No you dont need to mark your bingo card thats what the list is for, look here is mine.

Initial Post Number: #08

🎮 Challenge Start Date: January 01, 2017
🎧 Challenge Finish Date: TBD
🍙 Link to your list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sojin
📡 Completed Anime (at sign-up): 269

🍡 Bingo Card #: 119
🍡 Difficulty: Emperor
🍡 Pattern: Full Card

🌠 Legend: Watching - Completed - Plan to Watch

🌠 Challenge list:
Jan 7, 2017 3:10 AM

Oct 2013
Need your help guys for those two with the TV only restriction :(

40. Watch an anime with at least one child as MC
(already watched Hamanaru Youchien, 12 sai first season, Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!, Aishiteruze Baby...)

43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field
Last time I used Doctor Junod but he wasn't in the characters list so that don't count :( forgot what I put on my first challenge

Edit : OH, I forgot this one too! -------> 59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
TitadouJan 7, 2017 3:14 AM
Jan 7, 2017 3:15 AM

May 2015
Sojin said:
mozgow said:
No you dont need to mark your bingo card thats what the list is for, look here is mine.
He is referring to point 2. of "turning in" part: If you haven't edited your pattern onto your Bingo Card, please do so now.

I agree that it is just more tedious than useful especially for Emperor challenges.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2017 3:17 AM

Mar 2016
zal said:
Sojin said:
He is referring to point 2. of "turning in" part: If you haven't edited your pattern onto your Bingo Card, please do so now.

I agree that it is just more tedious than useful especially for Emperor challenges.
Ohhh i see now, Since im not even close to the turn in point i didnt even read the turn in rules. I do apologize @mozgow for not understanding your question. And thank you @zal for clearing this up
Jan 7, 2017 3:18 AM
Sep 2015
I need reccommendations for the challenge, also I can reccommend titles ^^
Jan 7, 2017 3:18 AM

Jan 2015
Can someone recommened/ tell me the anime you enjoyed the most from my plan to watch list. https://myanimelist.net/animelist/acestrawbs?status=6 (the scores next to the anime are random for this list)

Jan 7, 2017 3:19 AM
Jul 2016
Titadou said:

(already watched Hamanaru Youchien, 12 sai first season, Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!, Aishiteruze Baby...)

Last time I used Doctor Junod but he wasn't in the characters list so that don't count :( forgot what I put on my first challenge

Edit : OH, I forgot this one too! -------> 59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

For 43 I see that you plan to watch Fume wo Amu, since its about dictionary writing you could use that
Jan 7, 2017 3:22 AM

Mar 2016
acestrawbs said:
Can someone recommened/ tell me the anime you enjoyed the most from my plan to watch list. https://myanimelist.net/animelist/acestrawbs?status=6 (the scores next to the anime are random for this list)
I rec you Plastic Memories, given your high scores on other anime i think you will enjoy it.
Jan 7, 2017 3:29 AM

Jul 2014
Thanks @zal for clearing this up. I assumed people already read the rules for turning in :-)

Neither I am, @Sojin, but I read the turn-in form and was surprised to see that I would have to create a patterned version of Bingo Card for the Emperor difficulty.

So @AWC_mod is the right person to ask if we do need to create one for the Emperor difficulty.
Jan 7, 2017 3:30 AM

Oct 2013
Poke__ said:
Titadou said:

For 43 I see that you plan to watch Fume wo Amu, since its about dictionary writing you could use that

I already use Fume wo Amu for 26 but I guess I'll find something else for 26 since it's easier, thanks!

Someone can give me a TV show for the 59 too : Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
Jan 7, 2017 3:30 AM

Mar 2016
mozgow said:
Thanks @zal for clearing this up. I assumed people already read the rules for turning in :-)

Neither I am, @Sojin, but I read the turn-in form and was surprised to see that I would have to create a patterned version of Bingo Card for the Emperor difficulty.

So @AWC_mod is the right person to ask if we do need to create one for the Emperor difficulty.
idk about you, but im going to open paint and scribble all over the bingo card lol
Jan 7, 2017 3:34 AM

Jul 2014
Titadou said:
Poke__ said:

I already use Fume wo Amu for 26 but I guess I'll find something else for 26 since it's easier, thanks!

Someone can give me a TV show for the 59 too : Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
That was hard, but how about Dirty Pair ?
Jan 7, 2017 3:35 AM

Jan 2015
AspectOfJustice said:
I need reccommendations for the challenge, also I can reccommend titles ^^

I would recommend one punch man mindless action so easy to watch but if you want one from your plan to watch list zankyou no terror is good as well

Jan 7, 2017 3:39 AM

Oct 2014
I'm going to be restricting myself to only anime 100 minutes and up. Is there anything I can get from this or should I just keep this to myself? It's so easy to cheat with "TV series only" that I don't even trust myself with that restriction and it also restricts me from movies and longer anime of other types. After all the shortest TV anime is 180 seconds while the shortest anime entry is 3 seconds, not much of a difference.
Jan 7, 2017 3:40 AM

Oct 2013
mozgow said:
Titadou said:

That was hard, but how about Dirty Pair ?

Oh! I can even find it with fr subtiles XD well Dirty Pair is my 59 right now, thanks to your help too!
Jan 7, 2017 3:44 AM

Apr 2008
"67. Watch an anime that starts with the same second letter as your username"

Starts with the same second letter? Or has the same second letter? Either "starts" or "same" needs to be removed for this to make sense.

Also, I think the "above 601" challenge should be clarified in the FAQ, it is really unclear as it is and the same wording caused a lot of trouble in the anime challenges club.
Jan 7, 2017 3:46 AM

Mar 2016
Plate said:
"67. Watch an anime that starts with the same second letter as your username"

Starts with the same second letter? Or has the same second letter? Either "starts" or "same" needs to be removed for this to make sense.
Starts with the same second letter is the way i interpreted it. So for me i chose Owarimonogatari
Jan 7, 2017 3:48 AM

Mar 2014
I haven't started yet cos I'm half asleep and it isn't making much sense to me, but can any anime chosen for this overlap from any other challenges from the challenge club? I'd like to know before I decide on a difficulty.
Jan 7, 2017 3:53 AM

Mar 2016
Shuichi2 said:
I haven't started yet cos I'm half asleep and it isn't making much sense to me, but can any anime chosen for this overlap from any other challenges from the challenge club? I'd like to know before I decide on a difficulty.
the point of the challenge is to watch New Anime, so your not supposed to choose things you have already seen. This is if you are talking about using past challenges, for future challenges i doubt they want you to overlap them
SojinJan 7, 2017 3:59 AM
Jan 7, 2017 3:56 AM
Jul 2018
For everyone confused about the bingo cards:
- You choose the pattern you want to complete.
- You read the numbers of the spaces that you need for the pattern.
- The numbers correspond to challenges.
- You complete the challenge, you fill the spaces.
- If you're playing Emperor, you need to fill it all so it doesn't really matter but be sure to check since not all challenges are in the bingo card!
Jan 7, 2017 3:57 AM

Mar 2016
starfishalliance said:
For challenge #37
Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page
Does it have to be an anime they watched specifically for the challenge or can it be any they've seen that's rated that high?

And for #41
Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human - state the character; with traits humans don't have. Includes, but not limited to, animal ears, tails, horns, wings, fur, Ryuk, and so on. If unsure ask in the discussion thread
This is a little confusing to me. Do they have to actually be a human or can they just be non-human (with those traits)?
For #37, it can be any anime that they have seen, as long as the anime is new to yourself.
for #41 if its a monster or non-human and its a main character, yes that would qualify
Jan 7, 2017 4:00 AM

Mar 2014
Sojin said:
Shuichi2 said:
the point of the challenge is to watch New Anime, so your not supposed to choose things you have already seen

Ok thanks.

Now that I understand it I quite like the random out of 74 system.
Jan 7, 2017 4:00 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
yhunata said:
SheyCroix said:
@yhunata you have to keep the numbered list

I've fixed it. Don't think it should cause any confusiions either.

That looks good, and yeah, so far doesn't seem confusing

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 7, 2017 4:17 AM

Jan 2013
67. Watch an anime that starts with the same second letter as your username
Just making sure, so for this I personally need to watch something that starts with the letter i?

If so then yeah I also think that the word 'same' should be removed for it to make sense.

59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
Also could someone recommend me something for this? Thank you!
Jan 7, 2017 4:21 AM

Jul 2014
aifukola said:
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
Also could someone recommend me something for this? Thank you!
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Jan 7, 2017 4:23 AM

Mar 2015
Need a recommendation for #59. Please max 13 episodes
Jan 7, 2017 4:26 AM
Jan 7, 2017 4:31 AM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
zal said:
Sojin said:

On the part before that:
Completing Challenge Items
1. (optional) We suggest you edit your Bingo Card image with your chosen pattern so you know which squares to complete (e.g. using MS Paint).
For example: Checkerboard, Heart.
If you need help with this, please use the discussion thread.

It says optional, so I'm pretty sure you don't have to do that. Especially for Emperor challenge.
Jan 7, 2017 4:32 AM

Mar 2015

Thanks,man
I´ll use Hideaki´s Gunbuster
Jan 7, 2017 4:34 AM

Jul 2014
Jinbou said:
zal said:

On the part before that:
1. (optional) We suggest you edit your Bingo Card image with your chosen pattern so you know which squares to complete (e.g. using MS Paint).

It says optional, so I'm pretty sure you don't have to do that. Especially for Emperor challenge.
I was asking about the turn-in form, where it states
2. If you haven't edited your pattern onto your Bingo Card, please do so now.
Jan 7, 2017 4:38 AM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
@mozgow
I assume that should be optional too since it's pretty much the same thing, but you can wait for confirmation from AWC_mod I guess.
Jan 7, 2017 4:40 AM

May 2015
Jinbou said:
zal said:

On the part before that:

Yes I saw that part, it is just a suggestion in order to see more clearly what shows certain patterns include. However it doesn't say optional for the turn-in.
However it also includes "please" in the request which does make me doubt it is a must and might actually be just optional especially for emperor.
Jan 7, 2017 5:03 AM

Apr 2011
What is even meant by pattern? I feel there should be some alterations to the choice of words and sentence structures in the explanation to the challenge, as many things can be interpreted differently. (An example of this; "Watch a completed anime with a popularity of or above #601" — seeing that above means better in the case of tallying a list, it shouldn't be interpreted as is explained earlier in this thread, meaning #602, #603... etc., the challenge should instead say below.)

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jan 7, 2017 5:04 AM
Dec 2013
I'd appreciate if someone could give me a rec for number 59, I realise that I'm lacking quite a few classics, I.E. Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, but I'm holding off on watching them for a few reasons, I don't dislike any genre or style of animation, thanks in advance.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's the meaning behind your MAL username?

Gashadokur0 - 11 hours ago

30 by DarkFirefly72 »»
1 minute ago

» Are newcomer edgy anime fans not edgelords but actually normies?

LenRea - 21 minutes ago

5 by Adnash »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you know which character is the archetype for all the isekai/harem protagonists?

LenRea - 39 minutes ago

6 by JaniSIr »»
5 minutes ago

» This has been the worst 6 weeks of anime I have seen in a long time. ( 1 2 )

StateofOhayo - May 14

83 by CQLLIST »»
7 minutes ago

» 🌹 Anime Questionnaire 2024 🌹

Shizuna - 8 hours ago

26 by Frebby »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.