Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Apr 2, 2017 5:54 AM

Aug 2009
CodeKeima said:

Question for those who played the game: will there be romance between Mash and Ritsuka?
No. Although it will be hard to ignore some romance like scenes because they are male and female.
Apr 5, 2017 9:31 PM
Jul 2018
I think this might work out better as a TV series. In particular, I'd love to see Babylonia done correctly.
Apr 9, 2017 2:19 AM

Nov 2010
Wow even I don't read the visual novels and can tell alter Saber is an entity that doesn't exist, just a route gone bad. As in if Sabers luck was worse than usual.

Apr 9, 2017 3:42 AM
Apr 9, 2017 5:00 PM

Nov 2010
ssjokg said:
She certainly does exist.

Alter Saber would be her own entity if it was the official route, if you want to go by that logic, how many alter!Emiya's would be canon? That's 5 seasons by itself.

Apr 10, 2017 2:43 AM

Aug 2009
Meomix said:
ssjokg said:
She certainly does exist.

Alter Saber would be her own entity if it was the official route, if you want to go by that logic, how many alter!Emiya's would be canon? That's 5 seasons by itself.

Yeah you have to word it better if you dont want m eto guess what you are trying to say.

Saber Alter is canon.
Emiya Alter, not the one in this ep is also canon.
Apr 10, 2017 5:05 AM

Nov 2010
ssjokg said:
Meomix said:

Yeah you have to word it better if you dont want m eto guess what you are trying to say.

Saber Alter is canon.

What I am trying to say is when fate first started out one of the main characters was Saber blue. Tit bits of the novels kept ramming into our heads Saber of black can only be born through abnormal means.
We would be stuck with Saber red if this was a different universe / route.
I don't see how Saber of black stands on her own when she is a by product of you know what.
Since I didn't word that last one correctly I guess I am talking about black Emiya.

Apr 10, 2017 5:15 AM

Aug 2009
Meomix said:
ssjokg said:

Saber Alter is canon.

What I am trying to say is when fate first started out one of the main characters was Saber blue. Tit bits of the novels kept ramming into our heads Saber of black can only be born through abnormal means.
I don't see how Saber of black stands on her own when she is a by product of you know what.
Since I didn't word that last one correctly I guess I am talking about black Emiya.
Servants are usually influenced by the summoner so Artoria could be summoned as Alter if she had a Master that matches her personality.
Or what happened in the war she was there turned her that way.

EMIYA Alter is from a very different universe than the EMIYA we know.

Apr 10, 2017 5:33 AM

Nov 2010
ssjokg said:
Meomix said:

Servants are usually influenced by the summoner so Artoria could be summoned as Alter if she had a Master that matches her personality.
Or what happened in the war she was there turned her that way.

EMIYA Alter is from a very different universe than the EMIYA we know.

I guess if you put it that way it makes sense.

May 20, 2017 10:15 PM

Dec 2012
There appears to be trouble.
A boy is on the floor.
He wakes up to a pretty girl looking at him.
He moves back while on the ground and they stare at each other. Deja vu?
Stay woke.
Hey, it's the female MC.
Trouble has started.
Fuyuki?
Big ass block dropped on the lower half of her body. How is she not automatically dead?
Ritsuki got sent back.
Those red attacks. They look familiar.
Pantsu. Oppai.
Mash?
Archer!
Mash is a servant.
Olga getting chased scene reminded me of Jonouchi.
Olga knows the Spirit gun.
They're in Fuyuki...in 2004.
Demi-Servant?
Who is that?
A woman appears. She has nice oppai.
LMAO at Shinji being turned into stone.
Holy shit! She killed Shinji. Justified.
Eh? Lancer is now Caster.
lol at La...I mean Caster touching Mash.
Saber!
So Rider was Lancer.
What is this dark path Saber is on?
Caster knows Saber's true name.
Archer appears.
Saber!!!
Saber Alter is gonna do it.
Ekusukaribā Morugan!!!
Dat back stab.
Caster defeated Archer.
Dat wall. Stan Van Gundy would be proud.
The wall is fading.
Saber's no Mongolian, but she's about to break down your city wall.
Caster appears. Dat Wicker man.
She said Grand Order. Roll credits!
lol at Caster wanting to go back to Lancer.
I knew Lev was suspect the moment I saw him.
Olga is dead?
All Olga wanted was to be praised.
Dat hug.
Seven more?
LAWD! Dat Jeanne oppai.
Red Saber!
Roman said Grand Order. Roll credits!

Dat Shikisai. Dat chorus never gets old.

Was okay.

Now go play the focking game.
RobMay 20, 2017 10:22 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 3, 2017 4:47 AM

Feb 2013
It was cool.
Olga was a bit lame and her death too, she was saying she wanted to live because she wasn't praised for something, lol.
Jun 17, 2017 12:54 AM

Jun 2015
Dafuq did I watch.

Cu Chulain beats Emiya! WTF! No UBW???

Cu Chulain beats Saber Alter! The Hell!

With the power of friendship Excallibur was beaten. Come on, this isn't some random Shounen bullshit, this is Fate. (and to everybody who tries to imply that Fate is shounen, already fuck off)

Damn this was bad, really bad.

3/10
ok :p
Jun 17, 2017 4:29 AM

Aug 2009
MadSc said:
Dafuq did I watch.
The prologue of a very big story.

MadSc said:
Cu Chulain beats Emiya! WTF! No UBW???

UBW is totally useless against Cu, and as seen in UBW he can easily mop the floor with Emiya.

MadSc said:
Cu Chulain beats Saber Alter! The Hell!

Her Magic Resistance is lower in Alter form.

MadSc said:
With the power of friendship Excallibur was beaten. Come on, this isn't some random Shounen bullshit, this is Fate. (and to everybody who tries to imply that Fate is shounen, already fuck off)

It is called Command Spells and se clearly see Fujimura use them.
It is fine when Saber is powered up by them but not ok when another Servants does it?

MadSc said:
Damn this was bad, really bad.

Only because you dont know anything about Fate.
Jun 28, 2017 8:06 PM

Jun 2013
Watching this ova you can skip some hours of prologue in the game lol
I should be done it before, I read all prologue and now watching this ova, worth for watch.

What's wrong with Fate/GO? At least in enjoyed it, maybe persons are upset because "this isn't the fate that I know!!!!11" Bullshit.
Jul 21, 2017 4:09 AM

Oct 2015
That was good and i hope to see the sequel because it seems interesting
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 27, 2017 8:40 PM

Jan 2013
Started playing the game and a few things were a little different from the movie.
Still, it was a nice movie.
Mesh is the best girl :3 Especially when she is wearing glasses, so cuteee.
Wasn't expecting that ending, so that green guy is the one who is behind everything that happened.
Btw loved Caster's appearance, he did a great job. Oh, and btw when he said "next time cast me as Lancer" guess what xD Nice reference though.
So, who is Mesh's Noble Phantasm? Which hero is she? Very interesting...
Can we hope for a sequel? Or maybe a trilogy? Would love to know how this ends, especially with that preview in the end of all the heroes... Would be great to see another movie.
8/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 6, 2017 11:35 AM

Sep 2011
Can't we have more because I want more Mash.

Oct 7, 2017 5:18 PM
Mar 2012
Was ok, whole ova was a big info dump. Art is far from the usual fate, but fights were ok with great osts, had some cool moves. Medusa (rider?) snake hair to chain attacks, Caster's forest sage summons added quite some surprises to the usual fate fights.
The time travel save human history premise is similar to Touken Ranbu, except here it's to prevent extinction and the enemies are much more interesting heroic spirits.
Some funny references, otherwise dialogues kinda ehhh. Rip Shinji lol twisty neck, that Rider in another version also died by neck twist. Not-Emiya reunited with Saber yay. I like this Caster, funny shirtless dude will become lancer in another time. Olga's end kinda sucks but personality like Rin clone. Time travel from 'coffin' capsules, oh lol foreshadowing. Mashu is non trundere automatically helps the ova.
Evil Leprechaun was the most ehhh. He's history itself or alien? Who's his 'king'? What's his purpose of destroying humans? Just 1d villain or something more?
Nov 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Jul 2009
mira-pyon said:
Crap, I missed the last ten minutes.

But, atleast, what I watched was nice.

Roman was sexier than I expected, damn.

And, wow, Cas Cu

And, Alter ACCHAN~!

Though the design is pretty meh, ngl.

Not to mention,

The animation was normal, was kinda disappointed with the Excaliburs, but at least Mash's NP was nice. Wickerman and the skeletons also felt out of place. :/

Olga's design was was nice. RIP. I still wanted Gudako bullying her tho. >.< Goddammit, animators!
All in all, it was quite enjoyable to watch, especially as I haven't read the plot for Fuyuki ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit:
Also, holy sheisse, animated Guda Guda Order.

Girrrrrrrrrl you be seeing all the right things ;)
Nov 25, 2017 3:10 AM

Apr 2009
For some reason I managed to play and finish this part in the game before I knew there was an anime of it...

Anyway, it was great to see in anime a different take on some of our usual Servant crew from the 5th Holy Grail War... Caster Cu Chulainn, Lancer Medusa and of course Saber Alter. Never thought I'd ever see that Lancer become a rune slinging Caster in anime, as I've ever only read about his qualification from wikis. Knowing what was gonna happen, things went as expected. The only new thing to me was the glorious match with Caster and Archer, that was a highlight of this movie for me. Shame we're not seeing anymore of Olga after this, she had excellent tsundere potential, just not her fondness for the big baddie at the end. Not much to say about the unassuming Mash and the even more forgettable Ritsuka though.

Sad we didn't get to see a certain inventor after Ritsuka woke up, but at least I got to see a silhouette of my Marie Antoinette near the end. <3
Dec 3, 2017 11:56 AM

Apr 2013
I didn't get what was going on at all, the only thing I got was that Caster is too OP. Saber will probably always stay Saber, no matter which version of Fate I watch ^^
Feb 7, 2018 5:34 PM

Jun 2015
I'm a bit confused.. Towards the end there seemed to be a command seal missing but I don't believe he ever actually used one?
Feb 8, 2018 12:30 AM

Oct 2014
Antion said:
I'm a bit confused.. Towards the end there seemed to be a command seal missing but I don't believe he ever actually used one?

He used it to boost Mash's NP around 54:25 mark.
Feb 25, 2018 1:24 PM

May 2014
Sooo... what's the purpose of F/GO First Order and Lostroom? ...asking as someone who doesn't know that much about the Fate universe. For us they just seem as random stuff with a little bit of reference to the other Fates (and really terrible pacing)
Feb 26, 2018 4:11 AM

Oct 2014
Hibiki07 said:
Sooo... what's the purpose of F/GO First Order and Lostroom? ...asking as someone who doesn't know that much about the Fate universe. For us they just seem as random stuff with a little bit of reference to the other Fates (and really terrible pacing)

This is an adaptation of the prolouge part of the mobile game, it's more of an advertisement for the game than anything else really.

For fans of the source material it's a nice to see the story animated. but for someone who's watching this standalone they'd probably find it terrible I guess, especially with that ending and no sequel in sight.

Lostroom I haven't even watched cause I heard it spoils things for the japanese version of the game.
May 12, 2018 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
Despite the not very encouraging comments that I read around, I wanted to see to better understand what I had seen in "Lostroom". To tell the truth I did not find it as ugly as I imagined, indeed the fights were really exciting especially the one between Archer and Caster. The quality of the drawings is not the one to which Ufotable has accustomed me, but it is of more than decent quality, the same for CG. I hope a sequel arrives.

7/10
Oct 12, 2018 2:01 PM

Sep 2013
Ahenshihael said:
A female character with more unique design and lgbt relationship implication will ALWAYS be better than a male character with COMPLETELYTYPICALJAPANESEBOY design and heteroromance stuff, even if both were shitty characters.

The rationale of a bigot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2018 10:14 AM
Jul 2008
Does anyone find this part weird?

Mash was being attacked by the Saber's Noble Phantasm. Its energy was heavily dispersed around the shield. But somehow after that Fujimaru casually appeared behind Mash without problem. Does he have teleport or invicibility skill? or Noble Phantasm cannot hurt Masters in this Fate version?
LeonLanfordDec 2, 2018 10:18 AM
Dec 3, 2018 12:03 PM

Oct 2014
LeonLanford said:
Does anyone find this part weird?

Mash was being attacked by the Saber's Noble Phantasm. Its energy was heavily dispersed around the shield. But somehow after that Fujimaru casually appeared behind Mash without problem. Does he have teleport or invicibility skill? or Noble Phantasm cannot hurt Masters in this Fate version?

lol nope, FGO is just dumb. Both this commercial and the mobile game.
Jan 6, 2019 3:22 AM
Jan 2017
So this is anime version from the android game huh.. its gud show for me,, but making saber become the enemy is very sad for me,,
and lancer become caster,, wow,, he better become caster than lancer for me,, he very strong and the grand order is for saving the world again servant,, hmm how interesting concept
Feb 8, 2019 7:16 PM

Dec 2018
Even I regret so much that they chose the protagonist to see masculine because it will be another clone of shirou and besides the only ship it with the astolfo
Jun 1, 2019 1:51 PM

Aug 2013
This was a fine special. Would love to see its sequel someday.

Jun 16, 2019 11:48 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
i watched this to get some context for some doujins that I'd been reading. Cannot say that I'm much the wiser after watching this. I suppose a lot of characters will show up in the sequels.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 21, 2019 9:22 AM

Dec 2018
The MC is the reincarnation of Shirou (kinda).

So they're not surprised to see King Arthur was a girl, ok......

Nice to see some Heroic Spirit had different class. And finally FSN Rider's eye revealed thx to her being a Lancer. Except Saber still a Saber except darker. Berserker didn't appear.

As usual the war occured in Fuyuki. This city must be fated to destruction.

Gj Leff for killing the director.

Dat teaser for upcoming enemy tho, especially UMU. Wonder why they only tease female servant.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 5, 2019 12:54 PM

May 2015
Well Mash has just taken the spot of best fate girl ever.

I'm so glad this is getting a full series next season so I can get some more best girl.

Shame the female version of Fujimaru wasn't a thing since I've seen so much fanart of Fujimaru (female) and Mash together. Oh well.

Great movie and start to the Grand Order side of fate cant wait for the series.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 5, 2019 12:56 PM

Nov 2015
DarknessReality said:

I'm so glad this is getting a full series next season so I can get some more best girl.

Shame the female version of Fujimaru wasn't a thing since I've seen so much fanart of Fujimaru (female) and Mash together. Oh well.

There isn't really a series , only Babylon arc is getting adapted
Aug 5, 2019 12:58 PM

May 2015
Ahri-is-cute said:
DarknessReality said:

It says Grand Order and the main characters are the same so Im taking it as a Grand Order series. I know its not linked to this but its pretty much the same thing anyway.
Aug 5, 2019 1:00 PM

Nov 2015
DarknessReality said:
Ahri-is-cute said:

It says Grand Order and the main characters are the same so Im taking it as a Grand Order series. I know its not linked to this but its pretty much the same thing anyway.

Ah yeah maybe , but just saying not the whole Fate Grand Order will be adapted , only the final arc in FGO 1
Aug 5, 2019 1:39 PM

May 2015
Ahri-is-cute said:
DarknessReality said:

Ah yeah maybe , but just saying not the whole Fate Grand Order will be adapted , only the final arc in FGO 1

So there's more ?

I'm not a huge fate fan so Idk all the ins and outs of the franchise but I'm getting an anime with more Mash so I'm happy.
DarknessRealityAug 9, 2019 2:16 AM
Aug 5, 2019 2:28 PM

Nov 2015
DarknessReality said:
Ahri-is-cute said:

So there's more ?

I'm not a huge fate fan so Idk all the ins and outs of the franchise but I'm getting an anime with more Mesh so I'm happy.

There are actually 9 Arcs
First Arc already adapted , which we watched

Then 6 skipped arcs , then this
Then 1 arc final
Then 4 arcs FGO 1.5
then 4 Arcs Lostbelt ongoing , and 4 more arcs that will be released during the next 1 year and half then the story ends

So starting from Babylon Arc is going to be a bit hard , you won't understand everything or even what's going on
Aug 5, 2019 4:28 PM

May 2015
Ahri-is-cute said:
DarknessReality said:

So there's more ?

I'm not a huge fate fan so Idk all the ins and outs of the franchise but I'm getting an anime with more Mesh so I'm happy.

Then 1 arc final
Then 4 arcs FGO 1.5
then 4 Arcs Lostbelt ongoing , and 4 more arcs that will be released during the next 1 year and half then the story ends

So starting from Babylon Arc is going to be a bit hard , you won't understand everything or even what's going on

Just found the FGO game cant wait to get some juicy story.

Btw is all the arcs you just mentioned from the game or are they in manga and stuff as well ?

Really love the Grand Order side of fate so I want to read/watch/play it all.
Aug 5, 2019 5:56 PM

Nov 2015
DarknessReality said:
Ahri-is-cute said:

Then 1 arc final
Then 4 arcs FGO 1.5

Btw is all the arcs you just mentioned from the game or are they in manga and stuff as well ?

Sadly only in the game
But they are translated in the English FGO one , most of them
Aug 5, 2019 5:57 PM

May 2015
Ahri-is-cute said:
DarknessReality said:

Sadly only in the game

Guess I'm going to be binging the game for a while then.

So I can safely play for a long while till I get to the last arc for the new anime then ?
Aug 5, 2019 6:06 PM

Nov 2015
DarknessReality said:
Ahri-is-cute said:

Sadly only in the game

Guess I'm going to be binging the game for a while then.

So I can safely play for a long while till I get to the last arc for the new anime then ?

Yeah , it's not even that hard tho , maybe only the last arc before Babylon was a little hard
Aug 5, 2019 9:04 PM

Oct 2014
DarknessReality said:

you only need to grind for like 1000 hours to beat camelot, no big deal
Aug 6, 2019 7:41 AM

May 2015
Shayon said:
DarknessReality said:

you only need to grind for like 1000 hours to beat camelot, no big deal

Well I've got 2 months till the new anime comes out so I've got plenty of time.
Aug 28, 2019 8:39 PM
Aug 2019
I saw Mordred.
Therefore, I'm already invested in this
Oct 9, 2019 11:48 AM

Sep 2014
Yeah Ritsuka, besides being crushed by that huge af rubble I think Mashu is okai.
Can't believe Cu carried this so hard. "Summon me as Lancer next time" truly a masochist lol.
What a waste of a waifu killing Olga like that smh.
Roman interrupting that sweet moment with Mashu lol.
Oct 26, 2019 1:56 PM

Dec 2014
Mashu ...so kawai...really easy to get invested in this
Oct 27, 2019 11:08 PM

Jan 2009
Lancer of Fate Stay Night as Caster on this is overpowered as fuck lol he beaten Medusa, Future Shiro and even Saber Alter lol
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

» lostbelt

youchl - Jul 20, 2023

12 by n7pidgey »»
Jul 27, 2023 9:20 AM

» What The Hell Type Moon Made Saber a Villain

isolated-otaku - Jun 11, 2023

14 by isolated-otaku »»
Jun 22, 2023 9:57 PM

» Does Fate/Grand waifu have...

Gensan - Nov 4, 2016

8 by isolated-otaku »»
Jun 12, 2023 2:16 AM

» Characters from other media who'd make a perfect Servant in Fate/Grand Order?

Kazu-chan-san - Dec 26, 2022

7 by removed-user »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:13 AM

» When Can I Watch This

Sonnyman45 - Feb 14, 2023

5 by n7pidgey »»
Feb 15, 2023 8:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.