Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 25, 2016 4:18 PM

Oct 2015
Damn awesome episode.

.. so .. the 100 years of lost history are the one piece ? + something else .. ?

Mirorin said:
I watch OP for these moments - discovery, adventure and world-building.

This.
Dec 25, 2016 5:08 PM

Jan 2015
Fang said:
Kja95 said:
I wonder if shanks even needs the ponygleiph
He already knows where raftel is and probably visited it and even knows what is one piece being a part of the pirates king crew...
I'm pretty sure Shanks and Buggy had left the crew before they reached Raftel. (Edit: Even if Shanks does know where Raftel is maybe he's just protecting the poneglyth I'm not sure now. Does he need a reason?) I don't have any reason for why he'd have it other than it wouldn't surprise me as it'd be convenient to my prediction. I've always thought that Shanks would die, I mean, wouldn't it be weird for Luffy to actually give the hat back? So, what I believe is that Blackbeard will kill Shanks, taking the poneglyth in the process. Oda said there would be a giant war at the end of the series so maybe it'd be between Luffy and Blackbeard to end the series. A battle between Blackbeard's crew and the Straw Hats is inevitable imo, they are the complete opposites of eachother... It's one hell of a longshot but I think it'd make sense.

Shanks and Buggy left the crew after the Pirate King got executed, since their adventures was over and they disbanded their pirate crew. So everyone scattered and decided their life themselves after :3
Rayleigh stayed on Sabaody, Crocus returned to the place where Laboon was, and Shanks and Buggy decided to form their own pirate crews :3
And just because they know where Raftel is doesn't mean it would be possible for them to reach there (at least I doubt Buggy would reach it lol) :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Dec 25, 2016 5:16 PM

Jan 2015
Kitoge said:
Got kinda confused with the scene with Jack and the Marines. I'm assuming Jack lost? Was that what they were trying to portray. They could have made it more clean

After witnessing Jacks power in Zou I wonder how tough the battle were since I imagined he would have put up a lot of trouble for the marines :3
Still picking a fight with the marine having a former fleet admiral and a current admiral is far too reckless :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Dec 25, 2016 5:30 PM

Oct 2013
Kja95 said:

He already knows where raftel is and probably visited it and even knows what is one piece being a part of the pirates king crew...

SaineDev said:

Thanks for pointing that out. Shouldn't buggy and shanks know where raftel is. Why is buggy at the beginning of OP so surprised about luffy wanting to find one peice?

Correct me someone if I'm wrong, but I believe the current and most approved of theory is that Shanks and Buggy have both been to Raftel and know what the One Piece is. After all, Shanks has never expressed interest in finding the One Piece. Same with Buggy. For Shanks, he probably respects Roger and Rayleigh enough to let the new generation of pirates look for it. As for Buggy, we all know that he LOVES material wealth. Considering that he doesn't even show interest in finding it, we can assume that he at least sorta knows what the One Piece is and we can also assume that the One Piece is not some treasure of material wealth.
Dec 25, 2016 7:16 PM

Jul 2013
Oh boy that were some serious revelations. Kaido and Big Mum both have a poneglyph and the last one isn't even known so far, maybe the marine has it how knows.

It's true what Nekomamushi said. If someone of the Yonko or someone else find more information about the poneglyphs Robin will be in danger. The reaction of everyone after she said she has strong friends was absolut hilarious :D

I didn't Momo's familiy to be the creators of the poneglyphs. That's crazy. And not only that. Momo's father was with Gold Roger on Raftel? For real? O.o
No wonder why Kaido tried to get informations from him. That he even executed him is so sad. Poor Momo :(

I can imagine what will happen in the next episode, but now Luffy really has a reason for fighting Kaido. That's so cool. I'm pretty blown away and can't wait to see what they will say in the next episode.

Dec 25, 2016 11:46 PM

Feb 2016
Fang said:
Kja95 said:
I'm pretty sure Shanks and Buggy had left the crew before they reached Raftel. (Edit: Even if Shanks does know where Raftel is maybe he's just protecting the poneglyth I'm not sure now. Does he need a reason?) I don't have any reason for why he'd have it other than it wouldn't surprise me as it'd be convenient to my prediction. I've always thought that Shanks would die, I mean, wouldn't it be weird for Luffy to actually give the hat back? So, what I believe is that Blackbeard will kill Shanks, taking the poneglyth in the process. Oda said there would be a giant war at the end of the series so maybe it'd be between Luffy and Blackbeard to end the series. A battle between Blackbeard's crew and the Straw Hats is inevitable imo, they are the complete opposites of eachother... It's one hell of a longshot but I think it'd make sense.

Why pretty sure , it's not even mentioned in the manga..

For the last battle I assume it will be against akainu and world government, for luffy to revenge ace death and for the celestial dragon system to collapse

I assume also the last poneglyph will go to blackbeard

I think shanks will let luffy have his hat forever seeing how much luffy has matured...

Shanks die... Very unlikely , no one will die again after ace death

For now it's tooooo early to even think about it
Kja95Dec 26, 2016 1:31 AM
Dec 26, 2016 1:37 AM

Feb 2016
Kitoge said:
Kja95 said:

SaineDev said:

Thanks for pointing that out. Shouldn't buggy and shanks know where raftel is. Why is buggy at the beginning of OP so surprised about luffy wanting to find one peice?

Correct me someone if I'm wrong, but I believe the current and most approved of theory is that Shanks and Buggy have both been to Raftel and know what the One Piece is. After all, Shanks has never expressed interest in finding the One Piece. Same with Buggy. For Shanks, he probably respects Roger and Rayleigh enough to let the new generation of pirates look for it. As for Buggy, we all know that he LOVES material wealth. Considering that he doesn't even show interest in finding it, we can assume that he at least sorta knows what the One Piece is and we can also assume that the One Piece is not some treasure of material wealth.

100% agree or maybe one piece is still a treasure but buggy unexpectedly respects roger achievements too , we saw him cry in loguetown the moment of roger execution...
Dec 26, 2016 2:54 AM

Jan 2012
Kitoge said:

nice thought there but maybe only important staff of crew know location

both of them were just newbie

Ot: that some kinda huge info we got here , so momo dad travled to raftel

Robin will be in danger in future

Dec 26, 2016 6:53 AM

Jul 2008
It's these kinds of episodes that really build One Piece into the spectacle that it is. The Poneglyphs, Robin's role, and Roger's crew...oh that's good stuff.
Dec 26, 2016 6:59 AM

Nov 2014
Oh god this torture, I can't wait a week for every episode.

Good combination of humour, seriousness, and great reveals.
The only thing I miss is Sanji and what is his current situation.

I miss Sanji and Zoro fights lol
Dec 26, 2016 8:42 AM

Apr 2014
The Kozuki family created the Ponegliffs 800 years ago! They also can read them. Until now, because Kozuki Oden was executed by Kaido before Oden's son Momonosuke learned to read them. And Kaido's Beast Pirates are still in the Land of Wano. Luffy get more and more mad about Kaido.

Also, beside the one Road Ponegliff in Zou, Kaido and Big Mom each have one Road Ponegliff. The location of the fourth Road Ponegliff is unknown. The whole episode is a good build-up for future clashes and adventures.
Dec 27, 2016 4:05 AM
Nov 2016
Wow, Zou Ark so far has been amazing. A battle almost on the same scale as Dressrosa packed into only a few episodes, Two Yonkos revealed, Vinsmoke Sanji, and now the Kozuki clan finally reveals the truth behind the Poneglyphs!

But now, with the four Road Poneglyphs leading to the One Piece revealed, here's a question:

Where is the last RP?

Or rather, who controls it?

My bet is on Shanks :P
Dec 28, 2016 10:28 PM

Feb 2015
All this is getting more exciting, they are closer to raftel now and we can watch all the loyalty in the crew, Robin reminded me today that great enies lobby saga.
Dec 29, 2016 1:46 AM
Dec 2016
one word to this anime

PERFECT
Dec 29, 2016 12:58 PM

Apr 2014
Finally catch up with this series...after 2 weeks of watching.
Now, guess I will went off to read the manga.
Jan 1, 2017 2:30 AM
Jan 2017
About Shanks or Buggy knowing where Raftel is, what about Rayleigh or even Crocus knowing more then they told the crew, I'd think especially Rayleigh would have known about the ponegylphs....just a thought, be easy on me, first post lol
Jan 1, 2017 4:27 PM

May 2014
Annoying that they like to stretch out shocking events like when Luffy beaten Doflamingo and in this case the death of Momo's father, Oden.

Beside that, the ep. were average. Loved the funny moment with Luffy. His stupidness doesn't know any boundaries. :P That Robin would be hunted were pretty obvious since she currently the only one who can read ponegylphs. But what I like is she has full trust in her nakama's which she lacked of in the Water 7/Enies Lobby saga (even we all understand why, poor girl).

I had a feeling that the other two red ponegylphs were under two of the emperors control. I wonder if Shanks have the last one? It could be very possible, since I believe he is also one of many who want to make Luffy the king of pirates. It would also be in Blackbeard's hands which would make a good reason for their fight we all have been waiting for.

This week no ep. Oh well, I guess I will survive since there is so many other anime to watch.
Jan 1, 2017 4:41 PM

May 2014
Fang said:
Kja95 said:

That's actually a good reason. Because I think you are right. Maybe he knows the location and have a red poneglyth himself. I believe one of the major reason he is doing this if my thoughts is correct is to actually make Luffy the pirate king. Both Rayleigh and Shanks are members of Roger's crew and if you think about it they are very similar in many ways. Maybe, just like Rayleigh, Shanks wants Luffy to find the location of One Piece himself. I am sure you remember how mad he went when Usopp asked what One Piece were. I think this is a very high possibility. But just as you say I believe Blackbeard will maybe kill Shanks and that won't give him an opportunity to see Luffy before he is dead himself. In this way Luffy won't give the hat back to Shanks, but someone who cares for the same things Luffy and Roger does.
Jan 1, 2017 4:47 PM

May 2014
clin7eas7wood said:
Im not quite sure i got it right.
So Oden was executed by the shogun of the land of wano and Kaido or Kaido was the shogun that executed him.Got bit confused.

Since Kaido and his crew have taken over the land of wano with force it makes him the king (or "shogun"). But he is not "shogun" by inheritance. Momo is the one that should be shogun. But since Kaido rules over their land now, he is the king or "shogun" which makes sense. So in other words Kaido who is the shogun executed Oden for not telling him were Raftael is.
Jan 2, 2017 5:54 PM
Jun 2014
Guess now Robin will teach momonosuke read ponegliff and Luffy will want beat Kaido ASAP.

Pretty sure Shanks is in an island protecting a ponegliff. I remember see in 1 one episode, he was having a party in an island.
Jan 2, 2017 6:16 PM

Jul 2007
Hate to say it, but I am getting really tired of all the crying in the series lately.
This ep was the worst so far for it.

Other than that, it was about time some real info on the poneglyphs came out.
I really want to learn what happened in the missing hundred years.
Jan 4, 2017 11:15 PM

Feb 2016
mangalicker94 said:
Fang said:

That's actually a good reason. Because I think you are right. Maybe he knows the location and have a red poneglyth himself. I believe one of the major reason he is doing this if my thoughts is correct is to actually make Luffy the pirate king. Both Rayleigh and Shanks are members of Roger's crew and if you think about it they are very similar in many ways. Maybe, just like Rayleigh, Shanks wants Luffy to find the location of One Piece himself. I am sure you remember how mad he went when Usopp asked what One Piece were. I think this is a very high possibility. But just as you say I believe Blackbeard will maybe kill Shanks and that won't give him an opportunity to see Luffy before he is dead himself. In this way Luffy won't give the hat back to Shanks, but someone who cares for the same things Luffy and Roger does.

Do you really think that oda preserved shank for the end just to get killed, Iam pretty sure oda will make him play an important role in the future

Shanks is damn too strong you are taking him too lightly even sengoku respects him

I like shanks too much , can't wait to see how powerful he is and know more about him and his crew

I will be disappointed in oda if he made that blackbeard be responsible for killing 2 yonku ,shanks beside whitebeard

At least I hope that doesn't happen...
Kja95Jan 4, 2017 11:18 PM
Jan 24, 2017 3:16 AM

Jul 2013
Why won't these damn yonkos go after Rayleigh? He's also a crew of Roger.
Feb 19, 2017 8:47 AM

Apr 2013
While he is still a moron, I have to give props to Jack for actually attacking these 4 ships with at least two admiral fighters on it :o

PrimeX said:
Why won't these damn yonkos go after Rayleigh? He's also a crew of Roger.

Probably because he's not the king of a country, he could be everywhere.
Mar 19, 2017 3:18 PM

Mar 2012
So another reason to fight Kaido I guess.
Mar 22, 2017 1:08 AM

May 2016
This episode gave me chills down to my spine.
Mar 26, 2017 10:33 AM

Jan 2013
Awesome, more information regarding the glyphes and Raftel.
May 30, 2017 5:20 PM

May 2014
Stop hyping me up for Wano when it's not gonna happen for god knows how long!!! *0*

Also, Gold and Oden.
I finally get what it means.

These links are crazy though, Momonosuke's father being part of Roger's crew, and then the whole thing with the Kozukis making the Poneglyphs in the first place.

The plot thickens indeed!

Also hit me in the feels when Robin basically said she doesn't care if anyone comes after her because she knows the crew's got her back ;-;

I really hope nothing bad happens to her in later arcs though. It's gonna get dangerous for everyone, but Robin needs to be extra extra careful. Imagine if Kaido came after her for her knowledge? I doubt the Straw Hats could save her from a monster like him :/

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2018 11:21 AM

Dec 2014
I find it surprising how the Wano Kingdom were the ones that wrote it. I was thinking that the Poneglyphs were written by people from an Egyptian-style of land and culture but we haven't really seen anyone like that so far.
May 14, 2018 11:04 AM

Feb 2016
The whole 4 poneglyphs thing doesn't make sense -you should be able to find Raftel with 2 or 3....Nami sucks for shutting down Chopper.
The only way you would need more; is if it moves and/or it only appears at a certain time.
May 15, 2020 4:15 AM

Jun 2016
Another episode linking the Wano boys to the broader plot. First leading us in with a recap and some explicit information on the journey we’ve had with Poneglyphs. While obvious if Roger signed the one in Skypiea, I didn’t think of the road to Raftel as being necessarily linked to the Ponlegyphs, but here we saw that he used them and everyone needs to. The unknown location of the island is crucial to how few people have gone there. Thus to find it one needs all 4 red poneglyphs and currently there are only 3 known. One by the Minks, one by Mom, and one by Kaido. The fourth is a mystery. We also learned that many people steal the markings on the stones which bleeds into Robin now being targeted again more than ever adding a new threat to the mix.

I like this because it all makes sense, it feels right and not contrived or overly convenient to me at the moment. At first the only thing that felt like too much of a coincidence was the meeting with the samurai but even then, the samurai coincidence doesn’t feel too crazy because the Straw Hats met them with Doflamingo involved and Doflamingo is linked to Kaido who wants to force information about Oden out of them. All of this because Oden traveled to Raftel, Kaido having played part in his execution. Also just to top it off, the freaking Wano people made the poneglyphs which ties them to the blank century and Raftel more than ever while suggesting the two have common ground. Seriously, as always, good stuff Oda. The fact that I’m not surprised at the long term picture he’s been writing shows how we’ve come to expect it and that is something impressive in itself.

It was also nice to see Robin reflect on how she has friends she can trust. No matter who is after her, they will fight for her. She’s come such a long way, and it was nice to see Saul again. She even got an uncharacteristic blush out of Luffy, it took me off guard! And of course, a silent smile from Zoro as if he’s thinking “that’s my girl”. “Momo you made the poneglyphs for Robin?!”

To touch on Jack, my first fear that it could have been Kaido and the beast pirates who took Sanji did still come to reality in another form as expected, just not related to Sanji at all. Sheepshead did seem to alert Jack of what happened to them which may call for a return visit. Jack who just fought and survived a battle with Sengoku, Tsuru, and Fujitora at once. That said, I was slightly sad we didn’t see his reaction to Sheepshead’s failure. I thought it would be a characterizing moment, Jack so far being annoyed or even pissed off at his men but never being cruel to them outside of his stubborn and unflinching orders, now would prove what kind of leader he really is. He’s certainly not the cheap villain who kills his men for no reason but telling him that you’ve failed would definitely be scary and to contrast Doflamingo who would forgive anything excluding betrayal as if it were nothing, I thought we may see a more unforgiving villain.
Jun 20, 2020 11:21 AM
Jun 2020
So Momo's father deciphered the Poneglyphs For Gold D. Roger since Robin aske Rayleigh if Roger could read them and he sayed no, that s makin sense that's why Momonosuke's father came with Roger on Rafter, anyway this last 3 episodes were hot we learned many things, i didn't expected wano to be rulled by Kaido so i guess in the Wano luffy will beat kaido so i m looking forward to it.

It's strange that Momonosuke's father was the master of the 2 kings, and i didn't see them fighting in this episode, but i think we will learn in the future why they hate each other so much.

Either way pretty hot episode! ja ne see you on the next episode :)
Sep 12, 2020 10:10 AM

Mar 2020
Damn bro, another epic episode exploring Roger's pirate crew and Wano's history. This just keeps getting interesting. Kaido's gotta be strong if he can take execute Oden.

Also, a great callback to Enies Lobby. Robin surely trusts everyone now. They've all gotten so close :D
Jul 4, 2021 11:08 AM

May 2016
The Kozuki Family being the ancient civilization that was responsible for creating the Poneglyphs was another massive revelation that has me feeling overwhelmed but thirsting for more!

From the looks of the line that was uttered about Oden's execution and the expressions of his friends, it looks like he died an especially cruel death...

Aug 17, 2021 10:40 AM

Jun 2019
Robin has her friends backing her up. Love these idiots...
Sep 3, 2021 6:01 AM

Aug 2021
The crew blushing when Robin called them strong was soooo cute <333

So Oden sama was with Gol. D Roger's on their Voyage to Raftel
May 10, 2022 6:46 AM

Dec 2012
I don't think my jaw is going to be the same ever again from all of this dropping. To think that such a close link to Raftel was added to the mix as early as Punk Hazard...the setup for the New World has been extraordinary. One thing's for certain now - the Straw Hats vs Kaido faceoff is becoming increasingly inevitable.
May 25, 2022 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
great episode when Robin said she has some strong friends who will protect her and the crew's reaction to that was really wholesome and some really surprising things are revealed
removed-userAug 13, 2022 4:45 AM
Dec 29, 2022 5:12 AM
Nov 2007
I liked all the new information we got in this episode but jeez.. all the crying and dragging out is so annoying. At one point they're talking about Odan's death and instead of just saying how he died they all just keep on crying like babies (not saying adults don't cry, but they are actually crying in the way that babies do). I'm actively thinking to myself: "what am I doing with my life? I'm sitting here looking at my screen watching a bunch of grown men cry for a full 2 minutes". These are not the kind of thoughts I like to have when watching One Piece. If they wanted to drag it out more, they could've spent more time on the Jack vs. Marines fight which they barely even showed. 
Aug 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Nov 2012
"THE ONE PIECE IS CLOSER THAN I THOUGHT!" Luffy said, me knowing fully well I'm 300 friggin episodes behind as I watch. XD
Oct 9, 2023 11:09 AM
Jul 2022
The one piece is the friend we got along the way. Fucking save me
Oct 21, 2023 8:22 AM
Apr 2020
loved it! great episode!
“Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many. working hard alone doesn't assure you that you'll achieve your dreams. actually there are more cases where you don't. even so, working hard and achieving something is some consolation at least.”
― Hikigaya Hachiman

Jan 7, 12:37 AM
Oct 2019
I absolutely agree with God D Usopp plan.

Damn funny episode just switched into very emotional near the end.
Feb 7, 11:28 AM
Mar 2022
Some really great revelation's about Momo's family. It's going to be tough to get the remaining info about Raftel...

Many powerful people such as the world government and two of the emperor's are after Robin because of her knowledge of the Poneglyphs. Luckily Robin has some strong allies to protect her...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 409 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 11, 2009

71 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.