Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 15, 2020 4:15 AM

Jun 2016
Another episode linking the Wano boys to the broader plot. First leading us in with a recap and some explicit information on the journey we’ve had with Poneglyphs. While obvious if Roger signed the one in Skypiea, I didn’t think of the road to Raftel as being necessarily linked to the Ponlegyphs, but here we saw that he used them and everyone needs to. The unknown location of the island is crucial to how few people have gone there. Thus to find it one needs all 4 red poneglyphs and currently there are only 3 known. One by the Minks, one by Mom, and one by Kaido. The fourth is a mystery. We also learned that many people steal the markings on the stones which bleeds into Robin now being targeted again more than ever adding a new threat to the mix.

I like this because it all makes sense, it feels right and not contrived or overly convenient to me at the moment. At first the only thing that felt like too much of a coincidence was the meeting with the samurai but even then, the samurai coincidence doesn’t feel too crazy because the Straw Hats met them with Doflamingo involved and Doflamingo is linked to Kaido who wants to force information about Oden out of them. All of this because Oden traveled to Raftel, Kaido having played part in his execution. Also just to top it off, the freaking Wano people made the poneglyphs which ties them to the blank century and Raftel more than ever while suggesting the two have common ground. Seriously, as always, good stuff Oda. The fact that I’m not surprised at the long term picture he’s been writing shows how we’ve come to expect it and that is something impressive in itself.

It was also nice to see Robin reflect on how she has friends she can trust. No matter who is after her, they will fight for her. She’s come such a long way, and it was nice to see Saul again. She even got an uncharacteristic blush out of Luffy, it took me off guard! And of course, a silent smile from Zoro as if he’s thinking “that’s my girl”. “Momo you made the poneglyphs for Robin?!”

To touch on Jack, my first fear that it could have been Kaido and the beast pirates who took Sanji did still come to reality in another form as expected, just not related to Sanji at all. Sheepshead did seem to alert Jack of what happened to them which may call for a return visit. Jack who just fought and survived a battle with Sengoku, Tsuru, and Fujitora at once. That said, I was slightly sad we didn’t see his reaction to Sheepshead’s failure. I thought it would be a characterizing moment, Jack so far being annoyed or even pissed off at his men but never being cruel to them outside of his stubborn and unflinching orders, now would prove what kind of leader he really is. He’s certainly not the cheap villain who kills his men for no reason but telling him that you’ve failed would definitely be scary and to contrast Doflamingo who would forgive anything excluding betrayal as if it were nothing, I thought we may see a more unforgiving villain.
Jun 20, 2020 11:21 AM
Jun 2020
So Momo's father deciphered the Poneglyphs For Gold D. Roger since Robin aske Rayleigh if Roger could read them and he sayed no, that s makin sense that's why Momonosuke's father came with Roger on Rafter, anyway this last 3 episodes were hot we learned many things, i didn't expected wano to be rulled by Kaido so i guess in the Wano luffy will beat kaido so i m looking forward to it.

It's strange that Momonosuke's father was the master of the 2 kings, and i didn't see them fighting in this episode, but i think we will learn in the future why they hate each other so much.

Either way pretty hot episode! ja ne see you on the next episode :)
Sep 12, 2020 10:10 AM

Mar 2020
Damn bro, another epic episode exploring Roger's pirate crew and Wano's history. This just keeps getting interesting. Kaido's gotta be strong if he can take execute Oden.

Also, a great callback to Enies Lobby. Robin surely trusts everyone now. They've all gotten so close :D
Jul 4, 2021 11:08 AM

May 2016
The Kozuki Family being the ancient civilization that was responsible for creating the Poneglyphs was another massive revelation that has me feeling overwhelmed but thirsting for more!

From the looks of the line that was uttered about Oden's execution and the expressions of his friends, it looks like he died an especially cruel death...

Aug 17, 2021 10:40 AM

Jun 2019
Robin has her friends backing her up. Love these idiots...
Sep 3, 2021 6:01 AM

Aug 2021
The crew blushing when Robin called them strong was soooo cute <333

So Oden sama was with Gol. D Roger's on their Voyage to Raftel
May 10, 2022 6:46 AM

Dec 2012
I don't think my jaw is going to be the same ever again from all of this dropping. To think that such a close link to Raftel was added to the mix as early as Punk Hazard...the setup for the New World has been extraordinary. One thing's for certain now - the Straw Hats vs Kaido faceoff is becoming increasingly inevitable.
May 25, 2022 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
great episode when Robin said she has some strong friends who will protect her and the crew's reaction to that was really wholesome and some really surprising things are revealed
removed-userAug 13, 2022 4:45 AM
Dec 29, 2022 5:12 AM
Nov 2007
I liked all the new information we got in this episode but jeez.. all the crying and dragging out is so annoying. At one point they're talking about Odan's death and instead of just saying how he died they all just keep on crying like babies (not saying adults don't cry, but they are actually crying in the way that babies do). I'm actively thinking to myself: "what am I doing with my life? I'm sitting here looking at my screen watching a bunch of grown men cry for a full 2 minutes". These are not the kind of thoughts I like to have when watching One Piece. If they wanted to drag it out more, they could've spent more time on the Jack vs. Marines fight which they barely even showed. 
Aug 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Nov 2012
"THE ONE PIECE IS CLOSER THAN I THOUGHT!" Luffy said, me knowing fully well I'm 300 friggin episodes behind as I watch. XD
Oct 9, 2023 11:09 AM
Jul 2022
The one piece is the friend we got along the way. Fucking save me
Oct 21, 2023 8:22 AM
Apr 2020
loved it! great episode!
“Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many. working hard alone doesn't assure you that you'll achieve your dreams. actually there are more cases where you don't. even so, working hard and achieving something is some consolation at least.”
― Hikigaya Hachiman

Jan 7, 12:37 AM
Oct 2019
I absolutely agree with God D Usopp plan.

Damn funny episode just switched into very emotional near the end.
Feb 7, 11:28 AM
Mar 2022
Some really great revelation's about Momo's family. It's going to be tough to get the remaining info about Raftel...

Many powerful people such as the world government and two of the emperor's are after Robin because of her knowledge of the Poneglyphs. Luckily Robin has some strong allies to protect her...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1103 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 4

37 by harsha_7 »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 337 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lofoc - Jan 6, 2008

93 by kejora »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 837 Discussion ( 1 2 )

el_morris - May 19, 2018

71 by MegaApple »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 380 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VK11 - Dec 7, 2008

112 by yliviuuyu »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 463 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Aug 21, 2010

119 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.