Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 19, 2018 7:36 PM

Mar 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"if you don't do anything... Sell bring more disaster on the future"

Man, Jorul was a prophet
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 19, 2018 7:38 PM

Nov 2016
Man, I feel sorry for Linlin, Mother sea always get's me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2018 7:42 PM

Apr 2016
this was a quality episode!! I still think Linlin has one of the craziest backstories in One Piece history! I don't know whether to feel bad for Mother Carmel or not, because she wasn't necessarily a good person.

on another note, its been a long time since we heard the Mother Sea OST! I was so happy they used it again!

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KarinaraApr 10, 2022 1:44 PM
May 19, 2018 8:06 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was good. At the same time it was dark. Oh lord.
May 19, 2018 8:14 PM

Mar 2017
she accidentally ate all of them, how scary.
if Big Mom really became a Navy, the Navy would be really unstoppable by now.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

May 19, 2018 8:16 PM

Aug 2012
SamBlack said:
But getting accidentally devoured by someone... O.o

Is it certain thats what was happening?

It felt that way to me but I wasn't certain, it left me a bit confused
May 19, 2018 8:59 PM

Nov 2012
Unlike Oda, Toei has no clue on how to convey subtlety correctly as shown by how they handled the backstory.

May 19, 2018 9:10 PM

May 2015
Man, I didn’t expect the plot twist about Mother Carmel…

On a side note:
I’m confused. Help your anime brother here... did she ate them when she was in that ecstasy moment… if not what happened to all of the children & Mother Carmel (if she went away I’m sure Linlin will noticed that) or all of that was an illusion caused by Mother Carmel since the begging of the birthday party??? I’m confused AF!
May 19, 2018 9:18 PM
Sep 2008
Hibiki_Ganaha said:
SamBlack said:
But getting accidentally devoured by someone... O.o

I mean how do you think she got her devil fruit power.
ZeticMay 19, 2018 9:22 PM
May 19, 2018 9:40 PM
May 2015
a plot twist if mother carmel may get away despite of the powers of linlin..
May 19, 2018 9:49 PM

Jun 2016
Roy_Focker said:
Man, I didn’t expect the plot twist about Mother Carmel…

On a side note:
I’m confused. Help your anime brother here... did she ate them when she was in that ecstasy moment… if not what happened to all of the children & Mother Carmel (if she went away I’m sure Linlin will noticed that) or all of that was an illusion caused by Mother Carmel since the begging of the birthday party??? I’m confused AF!

She's messed up right??
May 19, 2018 10:04 PM

Mar 2016
Roy_Focker said:

Yup. BM ate all of the kids and Mother Carmel in that moment of happiness. You could notice the hints they gave towards that as well, like the narrator mentioning how BM's eyes got blurry, her eating part of the furniture etc. And well there's also the fact that BM now possesses the same DF power that Mother Carmel had.

May 19, 2018 10:11 PM

Mar 2018
0 SYMPATHYS GIVEN, BITCH.
May 19, 2018 10:11 PM

May 2015
@DiangeloKun18 & @Ryunuosuke

Wow, I saw the furniture torn but still have my doubts... the giant who got killed was a prophet...

Thanks Fam!
May 19, 2018 10:22 PM

Mar 2016
Mother... I don't feel so good ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That was a really dark episode tho.The episode was great. The beginning parts at Elbaf were so well animated. BM's flashback story is by far the darkest one in this series yet. I think it's great that they don't say it outright how messed up this whole thing is and the narrator just ends it with "What a lovely birthday". Also, having them singing "Binks Sake" was a nice touch. I missed that song. Gonna watch a clip of Brook performing that now, haha.

Things are gonna get really interesting now. Excited for next week!

May 19, 2018 11:05 PM

Sep 2013
Poor mom, she just needed guidance :'(
Strange that carmel somhow couldn't escape since linlin got the soul DF by eating her.
May 20, 2018 12:54 AM

Jun 2015
Man, big mom is annoying af, and did she really ate them all? And can she really get someone's devil fruit powers just by eating that person?
May 20, 2018 1:03 AM

Aug 2012
Zetic said:
Hibiki_Ganaha said:

I mean how do you think she got her devil fruit power.

Isn't this the first case of eating the person to gain the devil fruit power? I didn't think it was possible so I didn't consider it. My thoughts on how she got power would've been similar to Ace/Sabo but explained in a later backstory episode
May 20, 2018 1:31 AM

Jul 2016
Cannibal Mother for the win!
May 20, 2018 1:31 AM
Oct 2007
Holy ****!!! I was so confuse myself when I concluded that she ate them all up towards the end of the episode.. BM sure is scary......
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2018 2:06 AM

Sep 2017
DAMN. Now now Big Mom. It was probably worth it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2018 2:10 AM

Mar 2015
Were these last two episodes supposed to make us feel sorry for Big Mama and her past, or help us look forward to her eventual death even more? For me, definitely the latter. So damn annoying! And gee, I really do wonder where Mother Carmel went?!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 20, 2018 2:28 AM

Apr 2018
Welp i am really feeling sorry for big mama hope she gets a happy ending (dying ain't always a sad ending for da chara ter if done right tbh )dunno if she gonna die tho
Welp don't think mother karmel was eaten since her clothes are still there while the kids clothes disapeared but in other hand big mama got her devil fruit power so she was probably eaten
Being eaten must hurt would have liked if they showed us them being eaten
Maybe they didn't die tho maybe they r living inside her and made a colony inside of her belly
Anw 4/5
May 20, 2018 3:16 AM

Feb 2013
I don't know if I should feel sorry for Mom because she was left all alone, or to be happy because Carmel got what she deserved, she was a horrible woman.

Akerakai said:
Welp i am really feeling sorry for big mama hope she gets a happy ending (dying ain't always a sad ending for da chara ter if done right tbh )dunno if she gonna die tho
Welp don't think mother karmel was eaten since her clothes are still there while the kids clothes disapeared but in other hand big mama got her devil fruit power so she was probably eaten
Being eaten must hurt would have liked if they showed us them being eaten
Maybe they didn't die tho maybe they r living inside her and made a colony inside of her belly
Anw 4/5

They didn't show it in the manga either, but it's easy to understand what happened to all of them.
May 20, 2018 4:23 AM

Oct 2015
I can't check the manga right now, but in the manga it seemed even more certain that she ate them all.
I think in the manga there was a small panel with "screaming sound effects", or something, and maybe even some black spots which might have been blood, I'm not sure I remember correctly.

I was curious how they'd handle this in the anime. I was expecting more hints, like subtle screams in the background. Well, it's still creepy this way.

There is another chapter that must be really well-planned, because of the sounds, and just basically the events require attention. It was a chapter from like 1-2 months ago. I think some people know which one I'm talking about.

I think it was an okay episode, but I wish these episodes were a little bit better, where they really need to get creative to give us hints on what's going on.
May 20, 2018 4:26 AM

Nov 2015
Wow wtf I had no clue she ate them. That's messed up. It is because of the forums I now know this…
Dude i'm shocked, I missed that whole plot twist….
May 20, 2018 4:26 AM
Sep 2015
more than anything else it is clear that everyone has eaten because there is no other way in which LinLin could have obtained the power of MC. So eating a person get the potre of its fruit? is that how blackbeard has got the power of whitebeard under that cloth, eating his meat?
May 20, 2018 5:01 AM

Nov 2015
OOO_Katai_OOO said:
more than anything else it is clear that everyone has eaten because there is no other way in which LinLin could have obtained the power of MC. So eating a person get the potre of its fruit? is that how blackbeard has got the power of whitebeard under that cloth, eating his meat?

No I think it is one of Blackbeard his powers. Whitebeard is buried next to Ace so their bodies are in the graves I guess
May 20, 2018 5:19 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
To me, it seems like....by the time Linlin shoved those larger-than-usual sweets into her mouth while her vision was blurred by her tears....she was actually shoving her friends into her mouth one by one until she devours Mother Carmel. The floating hearts with faces of Mother Carmel and Linlin's friends were actually like their passing away. That scene was so messed up and very unsettling to watch... *shudder*
May 20, 2018 5:22 AM

Sep 2014
Hmmm, I'm kinda mixed to be honest. When Linlin ate the first semla I was on the edge of my seat like "Oh shit, it's happening!". I would have liked if we could hear screams just like the sfx effects we had in the manga which could tease the watchers that everyone was having fun but instead they were actually getting devoured by Linlin. Also, I didn't like they extended the scene afterwards with her looking around for the kids throwing illusions and stuff like that when the chapter in the manga just ended once Big Mom realized she was alone with everyone's remains lying on the ground. It totally killed the momentum imo.
MonkeyDHunterMay 20, 2018 5:29 AM
May 20, 2018 5:30 AM

Jul 2008
The giants should have killed her, she's an absolute monster with no sense of awareness.
May 20, 2018 6:16 AM

Aug 2014
This flashback is so messed up. Couldn't she "taste" how she accidently devoured everyone? C'mon, lol.
May 20, 2018 7:33 AM

Sep 2014
Never do drugs, kids. Dependence can make you do things you'll regret for the rest of your life.
May 20, 2018 8:12 AM

Sep 2015
Even in the manga we don't the fully understandment of what happened, so is not surprised Toei failed to clarify the subject. Still a fine adaptation.
May 20, 2018 10:34 AM

Oct 2017
Admiral_Carapils said:
OOO_Katai_OOO said:

No I think it is one of Blackbeard his powers. Whitebeard is buried next to Ace so their bodies are in the graves I guess

Well, you don't have to eat the entire fruit to gain the power, you just have to eat a piece of it. The same rule might apply for gaining the power from a human body.
May 20, 2018 2:19 PM

Nov 2017
Mother Caramel has well hidden his game by deceiving Charlotte Linlin and the other children. On the other hand, it's nice to hear "Binks no Sake" but unfortunately it's ruined by Mother Caramel's maneuvering.
May 20, 2018 2:25 PM

May 2013
Admiral_Carapils said:
Wow wtf I had no clue she ate them. That's messed up. It is because of the forums I now know this…

I'm pretty certain that

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonMay 20, 2018 8:32 PM

May 20, 2018 2:26 PM

Feb 2015
Admiral_Carapils said:

Me too. Now I don't feel bad for her.
May 20, 2018 2:30 PM
May 2018
Exlcuding the fact that this is the slowest arc ever, showing LinLin's back story shows she never had evil intentions. I was happy to see the oprhans got togther and celebrated her 6th birthday after all being scared of her when she arrived to the orphanage :)

Seeing her happy with a face full of cake thanking everyone was a great scene.

But I guess abandoments takes it's toll especially at that age.

God bless LinLin

God save us from Big Mom

Decent Episode!
May 20, 2018 3:20 PM

Feb 2016
RedneckAnimeGeek said:
Admiral_Carapils said:

Well, you don't have to eat the entire fruit to gain the power, you just have to eat a piece of it. The same rule might apply for gaining the power from a human body.

so um if someone ate half of a fruit , lets say gomu gomu no mi and someone else ate the other half then thered be two people with that fruits power ? :/ and then again i think kuro hige ate shirohiges heart or sth since it was already blasted open no one would notice the change in his body :/ nad seriously it didnt even cross my mind that she ate them but then again mothers clothes were lying there and what happened to pandora ?
May 20, 2018 4:03 PM

Oct 2017
Asunakob said:
RedneckAnimeGeek said:

so um if someone ate half of a fruit , lets say gomu gomu no mi and someone else ate the other half then thered be two people with that fruits power ? :/ and then again i think kuro hige ate shirohiges heart or sth since it was already blasted open no one would notice the change in his body :/ nad seriously it didnt even cross my mind that she ate them but then again mothers clothes were lying there and what happened to pandora ?

Someone actually asked Oda a similar question in the SBS and he said that only the first person to eat part of the fruit would gain the power. The left over fruit would become an ordinary fruit with a bad taste.

I also found where in an earlier SBS someone asked if they could gain Luffy's power by eating him, and Oda said no, that it would only give them food poisoning. That one's from back in Vol. 16 of the manga though, so maybe Oda reconsidered the idea.
May 20, 2018 7:30 PM

Mar 2017
RedneckAnimeGeek said:
Asunakob said:

Someone actually asked Oda a similar question in the SBS and he said that only the first person to eat part of the fruit would gain the power. The left over fruit would become an ordinary fruit with a bad taste.

I also found where in an earlier SBS someone asked if they could gain Luffy's power by eating him, and Oda said no, that it would only give them food poisoning. That one's from back in Vol. 16 of the manga though, so maybe Oda reconsidered the idea.

Oda never explicitly said no. He just deflected the question saying it would give them food poisoning.

May 20, 2018 7:53 PM
Jun 2014
Mm so she ate them all?
I got really confused by the end of episode and wondering where all the kids and Carmel went! How BM ate them all?! I think if accidentally she ate one kid, the others kids would run for their life. Doesn't make any sense BM kill all of them.
May 20, 2018 10:00 PM

Jun 2007
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that had no clue that BM ate them all until they came to this forum.
Oh my.. so dark o_o I need to re-watch that scene this instant!

I honestly thought that LinLin's state of bliss lasted a while.. enough time for the navy to come for all the children and for Mother Carmel to dip it out of there.. and that for some reason the navy wasn't able to capture LinLin... It would have neeeeever occurred to me that she ate them all... As for the fruit power... I wasn't 100% convinced that Mother Carmel had the soul soul fruit from that little clip of her using it... so I didn't connect the dots >.<

Oh my... BM is a true monster.. and for her to still have no clue after all these years...
Can't wait to see Luffy take her down!
May 20, 2018 11:39 PM

Feb 2015
I didn't realize what probably happened until I read the comments. The way they all disappeared, the bites in the chairs. I don't want to believe it but maybe Big Mom ate Carmel and the kids. That's insane, I didn't see that coming and I think that's how she obtained that soul devil fruit.

No words.
May 21, 2018 5:02 AM

Mar 2009
It is a bit more obvious in the manga, the panel shows shredded clothes to the kids etc:
ZnoteMay 21, 2018 5:07 AM
May 21, 2018 5:53 AM
Dec 2016
xxjanism said:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that had no clue that BM ate them all until they came to this forum.
Oh my.. so dark o_o I need to re-watch that scene this instant!

I honestly thought that LinLin's state of bliss lasted a while.. enough time for the navy to come for all the children and for Mother Carmel to dip it out of there.. and that for some reason the navy wasn't able to capture LinLin... It would have neeeeever occurred to me that she ate them all... As for the fruit power... I wasn't 100% convinced that Mother Carmel had the soul soul fruit from that little clip of her using it... so I didn't connect the dots >.<

Oh my... BM is a true monster.. and for her to still have no clue after all these years...
Can't wait to see Luffy take her down!
i think BM used haiki, as you can see circles going out of her head, which the anime has used for signaling use of king/emperor haiki
May 21, 2018 8:26 AM

Dec 2015
This was great Oda keep surprising me
May 21, 2018 3:27 PM

Jul 2013
Damn what a plot twist. Mother Carmel seemed a like a nice person but that was crazy. Trading the kids for money with the government is something I haven't really think of.

Her ability is also pretty interesting even if I have no clue what exactly it was. I wonder if this little sun is the Prometeus of BM is the present.

The tea party also looked pretty normal besides the fact that BM was devouring the croquembouche like she hadn't eat in ages. At first I was wondering what happened the kids and Mother Carmel and why everybody disappeard. But then I realized what BM did.... That's so messed up. And she doesn't even know about it.

Next episode we finally will see the rockets launching. I don't think she will die but I'm curious about what will happen.

May 25, 2018 1:46 PM

Nov 2014
My sister jokingly said she Big Mom ate everyone. A second later, it was clear that this was what actually happened!!! Interesting twist!

I am hoping the current BM realises she ate her beloved Mother Caramel.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelleee - Sep 13, 2008

377 by TheStarscream759 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

476 by kappaisnew »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

54 by LadyLeeMing »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
Today, 6:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.