Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2016 8:09 PM

May 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
the battles is really intense. scenes like ema flying like spider man is really rad.
the monster is creepy, and the motive of villains also well explained and pretty tragic.
H scene at beginning movie is really GARO lol.

unfortunately, ema and leon interaction is little, even though it still funny saw leon flustered.
Also, Herman. Even he already dead, he still protecting his family is really touching.
Dec 10, 2016 5:15 PM

Oct 2015
I thought Dario was a great villain, and his intentions really underlined his love for Sara even after she turns into a horror. Also Zem looks fantastic.

Very impressed by the fight scenes especially with the giant Madogu monster and the climax fight. Probably MAPPA's best animated film yet.
Dec 13, 2016 5:10 AM
Feb 2015
It sure was enjoyable much better than Crimson Moon by a large gap. German's return is nice, his interaction with Leon didn't change at all which is just great. I love the part where he protected Leon, Ximena and Roberto. Roberto sure grew up in this movie, i'm sure his onii-chan is very happy now. Too bad his reunion with Ema was for a short while only. And Lara, why movie why. Why did you have to toy with my emotions again. T^T

Dario is a decent villain, too bad he ended up becoming a horror, i was looking forward to seeing him die as a Knight not that i'm complaining.
Dec 17, 2016 11:29 PM

Oct 2015
ixarising said:
It sure was enjoyable much better than Crimson Moon by a large gap. German's return is nice, his interaction with Leon didn't change at all which is just great. I love the part where he protected Leon, Ximena and Roberto. Roberto sure grew up in this movie, i'm sure his onii-chan is very happy now. Too bad his reunion with Ema was for a short while only. And Lara, why movie why. Why did you have to toy with my emotions again. T^T

Dario is a decent villain, too bad he ended up becoming a horror, i was looking forward to seeing him die as a Knight not that i'm complaining.

It was kinda sad seeing Dario turn into that monstrosity at the very end of the film. His armor was awesome and it's nice seeing a Spear weilding Knight in Anime form

A bit unrelated new but there has been a confirmation of a Third Garo anime season at a Garo event, along with more information about the Live action shows(Kami no Kiba and Gekkou no Tabitou),, no information about whether it is tied to HnK or GnT. Another independent storyline in a hopefully unique setting would be welcome.

So lets pray that we do not get another GnT slideshow fest.
Dec 18, 2016 3:08 AM
Feb 2015
Salpa said:
ixarising said:

It was kinda sad seeing Dario turn into that monstrosity at the very end of the film. His armor was awesome and it's nice seeing a Spear weilding Knight in Anime form

A bit unrelated new but there has been a confirmation of a Third Garo anime season at a Garo event, along with more information about the Live action shows(Kami no Kiba and Gekkou no Tabitou),, no information about whether it is tied to HnK or GnT. Another independent storyline in a hopefully unique setting would be welcome.

So lets pray that we do not get another GnT slideshow fest.

As long as it's not as bad as GnT, anything is fine really.
Dec 18, 2016 3:53 PM

Oct 2015
Thank god subs are finally out.
Dec 19, 2016 2:28 PM
Jun 2014
Salpa said:

If you don't mind me asking, where are they?

I really want to watch the film.
Dec 19, 2016 2:54 PM

Oct 2015
Hellwarden said:
Salpa said:

If you don't mind me asking, where are they?

I really want to watch the film.

You can download them on nyaa. It's just a sub file, so you'll need to download the raw of the movie too. The raw by noobsubs works best so I recommend that.
Dec 21, 2016 1:14 PM

Sep 2011
I loved this, the villain of the movie kind of sucked hard and while that did hurt it seeing these 4 characters interacting again was just so wonderful, there were just so many great moments of character interaction here and the way they handled the herman Resurrection is one of the best ways ive seen a series bring a character back to life without weakening but rather strengthening the death. the action and soundtrack were absolutely stellar this time around too. The ending also felt like a nice little send off to leon as a character, not that the first series didnt already do that but it still feels like we got to see more to him in a parent role. I wouldnt mind a sequel series with roberto as the main character though.

Seriously, this felt like an apology for how terrible crimson moon was.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 24, 2016 9:24 PM

Aug 2014
Ema's sexy as fuck with her new toys. Glad they could up the body horror and nudity without TV limitations. Leon's new winged form is nice too. Shoehorned all the protagonists, as a good fanservice movie should. Story was serviceable.

Hopefully the third anime is its own continuity.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 24, 2016 10:23 PM

Nov 2011
I can see where Dario is coming from but his role as an antagonist didn't impress me much. I wish they could of expanded his past further between him and Sara. Other than that, I thought this movie was great.

In particular, the ultraviolence and humor was well-balanced while the characters is exactly how I remember from the first season. Soundtrack is great too and I'm impressed by the quality of this by movie standards.
Stark700Dec 25, 2016 10:11 AM
Dec 25, 2016 1:47 AM

Jul 2011
This movie brought Garo's A-game to the table. Fantastic fights, high tension, and the character interactions that we know and love. :)

And Leon acting like a shoujo lead was cute af. I died when he clamped his cheeks!! XDXD

Haven't watched something so satisfying in a while. <3
Dec 25, 2016 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
I don't like the world of this show. It's really bad in my view. It burdens too much a class of people (that are few), for only them being capable of achieving power enough to fight those demons.
Dec 25, 2016 10:02 AM
Apr 2016
What's next, oh what's next.
Re:formed
Dec 25, 2016 5:41 PM

Jun 2013
It's how the review says it was some what of a filler because the main story already had an acceptable conclusion. Although, I enjoyed it since it was so action-packed. Dario's story was quite tragic and sad. But I kinda wanted to see what would Leon do if he had the choice to bring back Lara instead of sacrificing his brother but teaming up with Dario. It's a shame they killed her for the sake of story cause I personally liked her more than Ema.
Dec 26, 2016 2:53 AM

Dec 2015
Great movie, the animation and soundtracks where amazing. The interaction with German and Leon about him becoming a man is what I was hoping for in the first season, and I'm glad they addressed that cause it was funny. Also Dario was pretty cool, as expected I knew they'd bring up about protecting someone and what extents they'd go to, and Leons past along with it. Only problem was it was maybe 10 minutes too short, since we needed more Dario backstory, and also a ton of unexplained events occurred which makes no sense unless you watch the live action (I suppose?). Also Tsundere Ema emerges when asked by Alfonso if she came to see Leon

Bit disappointed Ema leave them again, since I want Ema and Leon together, but it remains true to her character and it's still the most logical pairing.

Hopefully the announced anime will be a sequel with Roberto as the lead, since we can still have the main cast, but they will be more of a mentor role and it would be cool to see where the end up in the future.
Dec 27, 2016 6:33 AM

Nov 2011
Finally, an actually good 2016 anime movie. I hope next Garo is a sequel to this. Crimson Moon sucks.
Anyone know where the ED Howlite full version is?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 28, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2008
Garo being Garo again, men dont chase women! Happy endings ? No, its not over till the ED starts. Still, that's what I like about Garo, it play your emotions and pull your heart strings in a stylistic setting.

Anyway, Dario being ''evil'' was clear as day from the get go so there was no surprise there. However, he did play the tragic villain part well. I understand why he did what he has done but its in no way something that can be forgiven with said explanation.

Great movie, Great Garo show and an incarnation that deserves more episodes to its name. Roberto in suit!
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Dec 28, 2016 3:07 PM
Mar 2016
Nice to see everyone again, this should have been a season 2.

So that Sara princess has turned into a horror
Dec 30, 2016 10:05 AM

Jun 2013

How leon can lost his right arms just from blast ??
Oh god even for anime movie based from tokusatsu show this scene make nonsense at all
Dec 30, 2016 1:47 PM
May 2013
Shunaria said:

Oh god even for anime movie based from tokusatsu show this scene make nonsense at all

pretty sure the missing arm was just left out by whomever designed these frames since the place where his arm would be has no sign of blood and is instead just a black hole. Also when leon is drawing his sword the scabbard looks like it is being held up by his "missing" arm.
Jan 2, 2017 1:57 PM

Oct 2015
Shunaria said:

I'm PRETTY sure that when Dario horror first appeared, he did some sort of surprise attack that nicked off Leon's arm, and also made Al and Ema disappear. When Garo went in his ultimate shining sword mode (Forgot what it was called) he damaged a section of the horror that made Al and Ema reappear again as well as his arm.

No clue why the arm didn't bleed, horror magic maybe?
Jan 2, 2017 3:16 PM

Jun 2013
Salpa said:
Shunaria said:

I'm PRETTY sure that when Dario horror first appeared, he did some sort of surprise attack that nicked off Leon's arm, and also made Al and Ema disappear. When Garo went in his ultimate shining sword mode (Forgot what it was called) he damaged a section of the horror that made Al and Ema reappear again as well as his arm.

I don't think so
The first time when dario horror appear, the arms still attach, no suprise attack like you mention. After that, when dario use area-type attack Alfonso, Ema, and Leon get blasted, this scene I can't see clearly if leon still attach or not. When leon try to protect his family, the arms already gone.

Watching this scene 10 times already and I agree with @Le_Bob this animator fault but somehow get approved by director.
Jan 2, 2017 7:58 PM

Oct 2015
Shunaria said:
Salpa said:

I don't think so
The first time when dario horror appear, the arms still attach, no suprise attack like you mention. After that, when dario use area-type attack Alfonso, Ema, and Leon get blasted, this scene I can't see clearly if leon still attach or not. When leon try to protect his family, the arms already gone.

Watching this scene 10 times already and I agree with @Le_Bob this animator fault but somehow get approved by director.

Just watched it again, and I can confirm that when Dario first attacked, Al and Ema were fully absorbed by the blast and Leon was partially caught in it, Hence the missing arm.

There wasn't any mistake on the animator's fault since from the time that Leon got hit with the first blast and before he was fully absorbed, it shows him with just one arm.

He only regained his arm after being fully absorbed by the blast and I'm guessing it triggered some crazy Garo power that involved every holder of Garo to transform him into Heavenly Blade Garo which had enough power to escape back into the normal world and in that process, brought back Al and Ema as well.

Thats just my hypothesis on the matter, It's a really weird scene, but then again, weird scenes are pretty common in the Garo universe.
Jan 22, 2017 10:06 AM

Mar 2008
Only bad thing about the movie: if Dario wanted Leon killed, why did he help him against the two madou tools in the beginning?

And damn, Emma! You're all against man's egoism just to be all tsundere yourself.

I hope more Garo series are done in this continuity. By far my favorite in Garo, even compared to the original setting.

Best characters, great fights and decent plot.
Aug 15, 2017 12:01 AM

Dec 2012

It was okay. I couldn't care for Roberto. He was an unnecessary addition to the plot. Ximena got annoying, but that's motherhood. German hugging Ximena and Roberto while Leon was just watching made me feel bad for Leon. He deserved a moment like that. Felt like Ximena and Roberto took his only family away making him the odd one out.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 30, 2017 9:50 AM

Nov 2013
I hope another season/movie

Oct 25, 2017 5:28 AM

Sep 2012
m4rc0 said:
Only bad thing about the movie: if Dario wanted Leon killed, why did he help him against the two madou tools in the beginning?

don't u know what tactics is? & also it was mentioned, it was to play a ally to lure him to trap, it was hes tactics to lure him in to trap
Nov 13, 2017 10:12 PM

Aug 2010
i was so hopeing for some leon and ema time :/
Hey,Nana, do you remember our first encounter?

nee 、 nana ha 、 watashi tachi no saisho no deai oboe te?

ちょっと、ナナ、最初の出会いを覚えてますか?
Sep 20, 2018 12:20 AM

May 2010
Wish they spent more time together (Leon and German)
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 1, 2019 7:16 PM

May 2014
I can't believe I didn't know about this movie (which is from 2016) until recently. What a great movie. MAPPA can really deliver when it comes to animation. It surpasses all the three bigger studios Pierrot, A-1 and Toei. Wow, the animation was just superb. That was a real deal!

I was really sad about German's death. He was my favorite in the 1st season. Really sad about his death, but they did great in giving his power to the next generation, which is Roberto. But what a epic way to die. Dying by having s** with a random woman. LOL.

What my question is was he there randomly or did he actually have a mission to defeat that horror. I believe it's the first one. He wouldn't be so careless to have s** in God forbidden place, but it's strange that he was that careless. That's isn't typical German. Now that I think twice about it, it may have been the only thing I really disliked. He deserved a better death, though this was really a hilarious way to die.

Another weird thing was he mentioned Lara, the love of his life, but he didn't mention his Dad which he also lost, but couldn't protect indirectly, at the time he get the power boost. I know he couldn't change the fate of that, but still it's hard to not mention your own father loss.

Nevertheless, we saw a good amount of his presence before he passed away, which I personally think they did a good job on. What I really wonder about it did they have children before the 1st season ended because I can't remember that. Maybe this is in the gap between the end of the season and movie.

Not a lot more to comment about except for saying that they did an awesome job with the fights and especially the animation. Bravo MAPPA! But the rest, plot (weird way to get rid off German, which Leon doesn't mention at all which is also weird), character developement + OSTs was cool, but not superb. So overall a 7/9.
Feb 15, 2019 1:41 PM

Jan 2015
The fights were lit combined with the visuals and good animation
But the story was not that interesting.
6/10
Jul 11, 2019 8:45 AM

Jul 2015
Dammit that naked lady at the beginning had me shaking, because I heard someone coming to my room
if the situation is so serious that Garm has to bring back German, than you know shit is really serious
Ema the real mvp, I hate it when characters don't tell something which everyone expects them to

I will miss german, and his funny antics

Mar 31, 2021 5:51 AM

Jun 2016
It could be great if Ema don’t left them.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
May 30, 2021 2:56 AM

May 2020
Pretty decent movie overall. Not much in terms of character development or revelations. I was hoping for a bit more interaction between Ema and Leon but I guess that's what fanfiction is for. Dario was fine but I didn't really find him compelling.

Honestly, this just felt like one of the weaker episodes of Garo but with much, much better animation. 6/10.
May 10, 2022 10:22 PM

Nov 2013
The story was noticeably weaker than the series.
You all need to watch Nami.

Dec 24, 2023 8:48 PM
Jun 2010
Reply to Salpa
Shunaria said:
Salpa said:

I don't think so

Just watched it again, and I can confirm that when Dario first attacked, Al and Ema were fully absorbed by the blast and Leon was partially caught in it, Hence the missing arm.

There wasn't any mistake on the animator's fault since from the time that Leon got hit with the first blast and before he was fully absorbed, it shows him with just one arm.

He only regained his arm after being fully absorbed by the blast and I'm guessing it triggered some crazy Garo power that involved every holder of Garo to transform him into Heavenly Blade Garo which had enough power to escape back into the normal world and in that process, brought back Al and Ema as well.

Thats just my hypothesis on the matter, It's a really weird scene, but then again, weird scenes are pretty common in the Garo universe.
@Salpa I think the reason Leon losing and regaining his arm at the end… both without explanation are a case of censorship of dismemberment. Japan is rather stricken on that.

More topics from this board

» Garo Divine Flame BD release 12/2

Salpa - Oct 6, 2016

7 by PowerTearer »»
Dec 10, 2016 8:57 AM

» Trailer

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2015

18 by geralt »»
Sep 22, 2016 8:53 AM

» Trailer Music

Byokko - Jun 29, 2016

2 by Byokko »»
Aug 8, 2016 11:00 AM

» New Key Visual

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2016

2 by CroMoX »»
Feb 14, 2016 9:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.