Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2016 10:04 AM
Feb 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Come on Satoshi... can't even do a chore also for some reason Jessie/Musashi looked old this episode.What is up with this psycho bear anyway?
LouMDec 8, 2016 10:14 AM
Dec 8, 2016 10:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
TThis bear is a little crazy, although to catch and fire, i think will be a nice rival!!! ;)
Dec 8, 2016 12:15 PM

Apr 2012
I missed the Alola girls :(
Dec 8, 2016 12:51 PM

Jan 2016
I never thought i would say this but im glad that they ditched the
"Blasting of again" ending and now have a Bewear gag instead!

Pretty fun to see Pokemon everyday life instead of the usual stuff to, Ash trying to cook and goes shopping lmao. I really like the direction this serie is going.

Still dont like the fat kid but oh well
Dec 8, 2016 1:04 PM

Jul 2008
FireFistYamaan said:
I never thought i would say this but im glad that they ditched the
"Blasting of again" ending and now have a Bewear gag instead!

Pretty fun to see Pokemon everyday life instead of the usual stuff to, Ash trying to cook and goes shopping lmao. I really like the direction this serie is going.

Still dont like the fat kid but oh well

It will return eventually just how they escaped that antic by becoming competent as Black Team Rocket at the start of BW.

Anyway, I wanted to express my annoyance at how they portrayed Ash this episode, he is not that dumb! But then you realize that everything has always been done for him. Dehlia > Brock > Tracy > Cilan of course he sucks at household chores o-o''

Still, seeing him used as a punching bag is running thin, just as that idiotic forced Aloha greet. I was funny at the start but having to hear for foreseeable future....ugh.

LouM said:

Come on Satoshi... can't even do a chore also for some reason Jessie/Musashi looked old this episode.What is up with this psycho bear anyway?

Yeah, Jessie looked really off-model this episode with James not being to far being. Hopefully this is just a quirk of the director/still not used to the new art style.
Bewear either just wants company or is happy that Team Rocket helped him with his stolen fruit.

Bewear and Mimikyuu still in the lead as ''Best character'' of this show.
PunkbeetleDec 8, 2016 1:07 PM
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Dec 8, 2016 1:04 PM

Sep 2014
Lol we had many funny moments this week.Bewear is the best character in the show.Next week Ash will catch Litten.
Dec 8, 2016 2:19 PM

Nov 2016
I know it's difficult for a kid to know how much salt/detergent is needed, but it should be obvious (even for Ash) that there is no need to put ALL OF IT.

Poor Rowlet always getting collateral damage!
Dec 8, 2016 2:52 PM

May 2016
It seems they took the feedback from alolan Persian the wrong way
Dec 8, 2016 2:52 PM

May 2013
no lillie this week. oo'
fun episode. But what the main weapon of this chikuchiku if there's no thunder to absorbed with?
Dec 8, 2016 3:16 PM

Jan 2016
Ash can't even follow a tutorial LOL
THANKS SENPIEX
Dec 8, 2016 4:39 PM

Jul 2008
megmica said:
no lillie this week. oo'
fun episode. But what the main weapon of this chikuchiku if there's no thunder to absorbed with?
Well... Togedemaru is a hedgehog, they arent known for their offensive abilities. Unfortunately for her she is not called Sonic.
So It probably just throws itself at you, it is afterall part Steel type with spikes all over. Also it can learn Pin Missle and Twinneedle yikes.
PunkbeetleDec 8, 2016 4:46 PM
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Dec 8, 2016 6:53 PM

Oct 2011
Satoshi doing household chores lol
Mall shopping
Litten next week yay
Dec 8, 2016 8:52 PM

Mar 2016
Where's Brock when we need him. Apparently Ash cannot take care of himself at all
Dec 9, 2016 2:53 AM

Sep 2016
why the sub become shit
where is the ol' colorful and reel japanese name???????????
shit, the weeb sub is "pocket monster" instead of pokemon wtf
GangsterCatDec 9, 2016 3:34 AM
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 9, 2016 9:57 AM

Jan 2015
Bewear's appearence was the best moment of the episode
Dec 9, 2016 10:43 AM

Mar 2014
I think Togedemaru has a crush on Pikachu and wants to mate with him.
Dec 9, 2016 1:27 PM
Jul 2016
MajinAkuma said:
well time to ship I guess XP
Dec 9, 2016 10:28 PM

Mar 2014
fking satoshi slept in Lillie's loft
Dec 10, 2016 2:14 AM

Jul 2013
Ash doing household chores... lel He's gotten so used to people looking after him from his mom to Brock and etc.

Rowlet is still not inside a Pokeball and is constantly seen hanging around outside or in Ash's backpack. I like how this is going.

Holy shit Alolan Persian just looks as horrible as I first saw it.
Dec 10, 2016 8:46 AM

Jul 2008
GangsterCat said:
why the sub become shit
where is the ol' colorful and reel japanese name???????????
shit, the weeb sub is "pocket monster" instead of pokemon wtf

Those guys always run behind by a week or so. Speed subs/YT Posters vs ''Quality'' subs. Most of us just want our Pokemon fast (hence the Raw watchers).If you want Karaoke, multicoloured subs and such you need to be patient. You can check their website out btw through the fansub link listed under the title page.

MajinAkuma said:
Somewhere is Johto Buneary got the chills running down her back.
PunkbeetleDec 10, 2016 8:49 AM
Dec 10, 2016 5:19 PM

Aug 2016
Haha Ash vomiting on Pikachu was awsome :D
Dec 10, 2016 10:01 PM

Jan 2015
Effulgence said:
Haha Ash vomiting on Pikachu was awsome :D

it was so sparkly :3 lol

“You were so bright... shining... Like... the sun!” ☆
Dec 11, 2016 3:28 AM

Aug 2015
I suppose this is the episode where Mamane should shine... But instead, it felt like a complete filler episode in a series where it tried to NOT have any filler at all (justified by its obvious slowness as well as the lack of game's story content in these early episodes... making this start felt like a prologue). This is in addition to the fact that Clemont existed in the past, despite the difference of their personalities.

Letting us know some small details in this episode is quite good (like apparently Mamane' Togedemaru likes Satoshi's Pikachu, similar to Hikari's Buneary of Diamond and Pearl and Satoshi being not used to household chores), but once you put in a bigger picture, it only gives a very small amount of information about whatever story this series will become (like Ash's apparent failure in chores portrayed Mao's Trial and the incident in the mall portrayed Mamane' Trial, similar to how fishing is Suiren's Trial). The slowness doesn't really when there's little amount of details actually received to us from the show about these characters (especially SM characters are introduced in a rushed way - all in the first episode resulting to these characters being easily forgettable at that point (By that, I mean, imagine you haven't watched anything about Pokemon SM (especially any Pokemon Sun and Moon trailer prior to the start of the show ever since two months ago)... that is, aside from Kaki, because he's the one who introduced the Z-Move mechanic but that's really it.)

For instance, Togedemaru's crush on Pikachu can actually be put as early as the third episode, being impressed by the usage of Sparking Gigavolt/Gigavolt Havoc as well showing Team Skull in this episode instead of Team Rocket doing the incident, fleshing more about their personalities instead of just using them for plot purposes, as Team Rocket didn't do anything much outside of impressive ourselves with Bewear avoiding the blasting off again scenario and Mimikyu being OP as it is (competitive-wise), things that didn't have anything in value for the episode... and there's Lillie whose role is apparently to make an important character out of her despite being a supporting character from Ash's perspective, kinda like Orihime Inoue of Bleach where she apparently became an important character in Hueco Mundo storyline from being a supporting character herself (I like Lillie's game counterpart though... the game's storyline is overall decent-to-good at best, mainly because it doesn't really combine the two plot points (Trials and Aether-Skull) into a complete storyline, making the last parts a little bit weaker than it first looks).

My main issue for the series right now is on its comedic approach - it's on the verge of getting stale. This is especially true since Ash (and to an extent, Pikachu) is the only person who got the Butt Monkey treatment in just six episodes and its dependence on facial expressions can't really helped though.
Frankies_MonsterDec 11, 2016 3:46 AM

Dec 11, 2016 12:18 PM

Aug 2016
Frankies_Monster said:

My main issue for the series right now is on its comedic approach - it's on the verge of getting stale. This is especially true since Ash (and to an extent, Pikachu) is the only person who got the Butt Monkey treatment in just six episodes and its dependence on facial expressions can't really helped though.

I love the comedy so far in Sun and Moon, but i agree with you, at some point it will become stale if they don't step it up in the future.
They should keep the facial expressions, but expand the comedy with other characters and not only Ash and Pikachu cause they have show imo that they can handle comedy.
Dec 12, 2016 4:46 AM

Jan 2015
Well, this episode was actually utter shit. That fat kid is the more annoying than Iris. I miss Jesse and James' old designs...

And we've seen 6 regions so far, and I think it's fair to say Ash is not that dumb. He's a little off here and there, but even him should be able to tell he didn't need that much soap or salt. CAN'T HE SEE THERE IS A DOOR CLOSED RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM?

And they're forcing the comedy way too much imo, and Ash is being used as a punching bag. It just feels entirely different from what we know of the Pokemon series. Like it's another anime or something.

And I'm starting to hate the facial expressions, guess they really changed their target audience to 8-year old.

The only thing that relieves me is knowing that things will pick up sooner or later, this is just some chilled introduction until the real thing starts. At least I hope so, can't take much more of this
thiagopvDec 12, 2016 5:22 AM
Dec 12, 2016 3:56 PM

Mar 2013
thiagopv said:
guess they really changed their target audience to 8-year old.

The only thing that relieves me is knowing that things will pick up sooner or later, this is just some chilled introduction until the real thing starts. At least I hope so, can't take much more of this
This basically sums up what I think of the show so far.
I don't particularly hate the forced comedy atm but sooner or later it's bound to get stale and obnoxious.

What irritates me the most is the target audience they seemed to have approached in this series, as you said, basically the kids.
If this keeps up, I don't really see how they'l be able to shove any worthwhile plot or story into the show as they miraculously managed in xy&z (hence why it's personally my favorite pokemon to date by a long shot).

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.
Happy Halloween
Dec 12, 2016 4:17 PM

Jan 2015
PDot19 said:
thiagopv said:

I don't particularly hate the forced comedy atm but sooner or later it's bound to get stale and obnoxious.

What irritates me the most is the target audience they seemed to have approached in this series, as you said, basically the kids.
If this keeps up, I don't really see how they'l be able to shove any worthwhile plot or story into the show as they miraculously managed in xy&z (hence why it's personally my favorite pokemon to date by a long shot).

xy&z was great. It had it all. It was funny at the right times, serious at the right times, and the animation was great. Ash was at his personal best in this series aswell, with all his pokemon evolved and battling much better.

Also, the decision of removing the 8 gym badges from the game affects the anime in a much worse way. There won't be any epic battles, he won't need to go from city to city just to get to his objective, which was the 8 gym badges. I can't imagine how they will make up for the lack of gym leaders battle-wise. The trials just don't have the same climax.

In the first 2 episodes I thought it was a nice start to the new season, but right now it feels stagnated, like nothing happened. I know it's been only 4 episodes, but still...

Team Rocket is even more annoying and I just want to see Ash travelling with two or three set companions. Alola feels more adventurous, they should explore what Alola has to offer.
Dec 13, 2016 12:44 AM

Mar 2013
thiagopv said:
PDot19 said:

xy&z was great. It had it all. It was funny at the right times, serious at the right times, and the animation was great. Ash was at his personal best in this series aswell, with all his pokemon evolved and battling much better.

Also, the decision of removing the 8 gym badges from the game affects the anime in a much worse way. There won't be any epic battles, he won't need to go from city to city just to get to his objective, which was the 8 gym badges. I can't imagine how they will make up for the lack of gym leaders battle-wise. The trials just don't have the same climax.

In the first 2 episodes I thought it was a nice start to the new season, but right now it feels stagnated, like nothing happened. I know it's been only 4 episodes, but still...

Team Rocket is even more annoying and I just want to see Ash travelling with two or three set companions. Alola feels more adventurous, they should explore what Alola has to offer.
To add to that, it was the development throughout the series that made it so enjoyable. The pacing was also reasonable, albeit some badges did have one too many filler episodes, but imo the battles easily compensated for the wait.
The animation in xy was superb.

The removal of gym battles triggers me the most.
I don't really see how they can justify ash's becoming a pokemon master without the use of gym battles and ultimately earning his spot in the pokemon league.

I can't explain how triggered I and so many other viewers were...

True. I'm extremely interested to see what approach they'l be taking with this series in the long run, considering I'll have the patience to continue watching it. I might just put it on hold for a long period and resume it when I can possibly binge it.
Happy Halloween
Dec 13, 2016 2:10 AM

Sep 2016
nah, gym is boring and shit. trials sound more diverse and better. also there is no pokemon league, some character will build the pokemon league in the middle and the story and satoshi probably become the first champion here like in the game
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 13, 2016 4:13 AM

Jan 2015
PDot19 said:
True. I'm extremely interested to see what approach they'l be taking with this series in the long run, considering I'll have the patience to continue watching it. I might just put it on hold for a long period and resume it when I can possibly binge it.

Its likely I'll do that as well if they keep this school environment for long.
Dec 13, 2016 5:14 AM
Jun 2011
thiagopv said:
PDot19 said:

Its likely I'll do that as well if they keep this school environment for long.
without spoil to you it 2 episodes before we get to the intresting thing that will replace the gyms
Dec 13, 2016 5:19 AM
Jun 2011
PDot19 said:
thiagopv said:

the thing that will replace the gyms which is likely the story as well will reveal in episode 9
Dec 13, 2016 5:38 AM

Jul 2013
thiagopv said:

And they're forcing the comedy way too much imo, and Ash is being used as a punching bag. It just feels entirely different from what we know of the Pokemon series. Like it's another anime or something.

What's the difference though? Ash has always been a punching bag from the start of the Pokemon series.
Dec 13, 2016 12:55 PM

Aug 2016
Tenshi_Shura said:
thiagopv said:

What's the difference though? Ash has always been a punching bag from the start of the Pokemon series.

+1
Have you forgotten how Ash got hit by Pikachu / Charizard and other Pokemon like atleast a 1000 times.

^ For example how is this GIF different from what we see in Sun and Moon.
Dec 23, 2016 3:44 AM

Jul 2014
Effulgence said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

+1
Have you forgotten how Ash got hit by Pikachu / Charizard and other Pokemon like atleast a 1000 times.

^ For example how is this GIF different from what we see in Sun and Moon.

I don't remember him being that much of a punching bag in XY-XYZ. Even BW for that matter. I'm worried this is BW2 when it did what BW did: bringing in Pokemon from the 1st Generation. That's painful and both Sun And Moon, and BW brought Pokemon from 1st Generation

Also, this episode could've been easily skipped and you wouldn't have missed a thing.
TricksterZeroDec 24, 2016 12:17 PM
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Jan 7, 2017 12:30 AM
Dec 2009
Daily life is Satoshi, lol. Also it looked like he was going to eat some kind of meat raw... but then they didn't show meat when he started cooking? Nice to see actually food and not just Pokemon muffins and berries though, lol.
Jun 16, 2017 12:55 PM
May 2014
This episode just makes me wonder what markings you can find on a Togedemaru to tell male apart from female.
Aug 7, 2017 9:45 PM

Dec 2016
Bruh Pikachu is hella cute
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 16, 2017 8:20 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Togedamaru is so adorable. I think it's the first time a Pokemon has taken interests in Pikachu.

Couldn't help but face palm when Ash's put all the cleaning detergent. But anime is anime so yea.

I'm really enjoy Mimikyu and Bewear, they really add uniqueness to the show.

Sep 1, 2018 7:31 PM
May 2016
You know if Team Rocket weren't stupid they would catch that Bewear. It is seriously OP!

(psst... Team Rocket, it can learn Earthquake...)
Mar 12, 2019 12:41 PM

Mar 2010
Would be cute if togedemaru and pikachu become a couple xD

I like bewear, finally a bit of a change to team rocket

Am i the only one who likes the change? Its different from what we are used to but thats why i enjoy watching it tbh :)
Sep 10, 2020 2:01 PM

Feb 2014
Meh, nothing I cared about this episode.
Dec 21, 2021 4:00 PM
Nov 2021
it says 146 episodes but im pretty sure there are only 145 episodes is there an episode im missing or is mal just incorrect

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kensai-Serazu - Nov 17, 2016

105 by crackingfeetlol »»
Mar 29, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 146 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Nov 3, 2019

52 by leanrv »»
Feb 22, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 144 Discussion

Ri22rk - Oct 20, 2019

28 by leanrv »»
Feb 20, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 143 Discussion

Ri22rk - Oct 13, 2019

18 by leanrv »»
Feb 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 139 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Crzykido - Sep 15, 2019

58 by leanrv »»
Feb 7, 10:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.