Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2016 5:24 PM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hm it's weird no one's created a discussion yet.
Anyway, this was awesome. I loved the voice acting and CG. I didn't remember much about the manga since it's so long, but that didn't stop my enjoyment. The fast paced action and special effects were great. 5/5 would watch again
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Dec 4, 2016 9:50 PM
Nov 2013
Watch it today in Mexico city, i really like it!! the CGI fits perfect.
Dec 4, 2016 10:15 PM

May 2009
Gatlindragon said:
Watch it today in Mexico city, i really like it!! the CGI fits perfect.

I watched it in Mexico City too!
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Dec 28, 2016 9:39 AM
Jul 2013
Movie was great. Only the music was a little bit weak. I really hope we will get more Gantz Moies or maybe a new TV series.
Feb 19, 2017 8:20 AM

Sep 2007
Movie was all a Gantz fan could ask for, though I feel people who haven't read the manga won't get quite the same kick out of it.

Would love if this lead to more movies, though the series gets so weird and crazy the further in it goes that I'm not sure anyone would even make it into films.

They've taken the best arc of the manga and turned it into a CGI spectacle, what more could we want?
Feb 19, 2017 4:59 PM

Feb 2016
This movie was even better than i expected. If all 3D anime had 3D like this...

Feb 19, 2017 7:42 PM

Nov 2015
no one told me this was on netflix already
turned out rather well
when he got in the room, never thought I would nostalgia over gantz characters ever.
I always like dickish gantz, wasn't enough in this
Feb 21, 2017 2:50 PM

Apr 2015
Just saw it on Netflix damn :D It´s awesome

Was waiting since the Fall season 2016.......

I hope there comes like another movie or dunno would be great :D to continue the story
Feb 22, 2017 8:09 AM
Sep 2011
Why did they kill off kaze and the little kid??
Feb 22, 2017 11:38 AM

Dec 2016
Decent movie adaption, Nishi got some shine when he sliced Nurihyon. I was disappointed that they left out Kaze, Kuwabara, Osakan virgin, the kid that injects himself.
Feb 22, 2017 1:00 PM
Jul 2018
Feel like watching FF. Also they should have just stick with the manga storyline if they gonna made that plot twist at the end.
Also rage because we're missing the badass rapist from Osaka. XD
Feb 22, 2017 7:23 PM

Dec 2016
Gantz O: Past Gantz combatants
Feb 22, 2017 11:08 PM

Dec 2013
CGI was better than I expected. The monsters actually looked really intimidating. All of the action was also really well down. Last fight scene felt really intense.

Even if it wasn't what happened in the manga I still really liked the little twist at the end.
Feb 22, 2017 11:56 PM
Jul 2018
Jax said:
Movie was all a Gantz fan could ask for, though I feel people who haven't read the manga won't get quite the same kick out of it.

Would love if this lead to more movies, though the series gets so weird and crazy the further in it goes that I'm not sure anyone would even make it into films.

They've taken the best arc of the manga and turned it into a CGI spectacle, what more could we want?

I'd argue that the best arc would be the
, but Osaka is definitely among the best.
Feb 24, 2017 4:10 AM

Feb 2015
Holy... the CGI... it's crazy... i would even go far to saying it looks almost as good as ffxv's graphics but then again i havent played that game in a while.

As for the story... its been a while since i read the manga so i can't remember much other than...

Thank gawd it wasn't here, I don't think I would've survived it... again.

Slightly disappointed *that* guy from the Osaka team isn't in... would've been hilarious but I understand why they didn't.

Good movie though, if all CGI in anime were like this, none will complain anymore.
Feb 25, 2017 6:10 PM

May 2015
Brahmastra_ said:
Gantz O: Past Gantz combatants

That's most definitely Kurono.
Here's a close-up.

To the left of Gunz R Kewl, is Sniper-san. You had me LOLing at Shion "I'm gonna go to Disneyland" Izumi. Thanks for for putting the graphic together!
Feb 26, 2017 4:43 AM

Apr 2014
is Yamasaki Anzu's husband dead?
Feb 26, 2017 6:26 AM

Sep 2013
Ugh.....the damn Osaka arc.....is Katou more annoying here and Anzu still a desperate stalker???
Feb 26, 2017 6:39 PM

Jan 2011
I think I liked generally most of the arcs in the manga, except maybe the Invasion.
So to see what could arguably be described as one of the arcs with the most interesting aliens become adapted into 3D is pretty amazing. Doesn't compare at all to the live action movies.

Even the fact I watched the entire movie and mostly forgot about all the characters they cut out despite re-reading the entire manga multiple times shows how well they did to fit this into one movie without relying too much on source material.

Honestly, in my opinion they wouldn't have fit in had they even tried to include Sakurai, Kaze, or the Vampires.
I'm sure anyone watching who hasn't seen the manga would have been lost enough as it is without them trying to hamfist more characters that were barely introduced into a one and half hour movie.
Feb 26, 2017 6:41 PM

Dec 2015
Brahmastra_ said:
Decent movie adaption, Nishi got some shine when he sliced Nurihyon. I was disappointed that they left out Kaze, Kuwabara, Osakan virgin, the kid that injects himself.

They did? They were like the best part of the entire arc.

Feb 26, 2017 7:07 PM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, that was some impressive CGI. The second half of this movie interested me for the first half.
Feb 26, 2017 8:59 PM

Aug 2014
Even though it wasn't exactly the same as the manga and there were lots of changes, it was still a great movie. 10/10 would watch anytime anyday allday. And two of the monsters reminded me of Alistar and Aatrox from League
Feb 27, 2017 11:20 AM

May 2009
To think that same studio made shitty new Bersker (second half next season) http://gemba.co.jp/
Feb 27, 2017 8:58 PM
Sep 2016
Anyone felt like Reika was Tifa from Final Fantasy 7? Her face and figure is making me hope Tifa looks like that in the FFremake lol
Feb 28, 2017 5:17 PM
Oct 2013
I don't care about what others think but this is a superb movie adaptation. It stayed faithful as close as possible from the source material, especially the action scenes. That final boss is intense as hell.
Mar 2, 2017 3:04 AM

Feb 2008
Wow! This was some awesome shit! Beautiful CGI and fight scenes. And it's understandable they had to leave some characters/story out, or else they couldn't have filled the entire Osaka mission in this movie.
Mar 3, 2017 1:43 PM

Feb 2016
Damn son, I have forgotten how awesome Gantz was! Epic CGI and seeing all the awesome stuff animated was super cool. Pretty good adaptation with changes not feeling forced and actually working perfectly for a movie format. Nice! :D
I should probably reread it sometime soon, brought cool memories, although I can't quite remember a lot of things, including the missing characters... At least Nishi was badass as always. I really want to see Budha arc animated like that too.
Mar 4, 2017 6:27 AM

Sep 2013
One of the better CGI anime movies I've seen, but it would have seriously been better if they didn't cut out Psychic-sensei, Cherry and Muscle Rider.
Mar 6, 2017 1:01 PM
Nov 2015
I remember watching the first few episodes of the anime and it didn't really get me. This movie brought back some memories of the episodes I actually watched, so pretty much the basics of the game. Would those of you that watched this as well as the anime recommend me watching both seasons? I have a feeling that it wont be as interesting as this movie though.
Mar 6, 2017 1:13 PM

Feb 2016
KermitTh said:
I remember watching the first few episodes of the anime and it didn't really get me. This movie brought back some memories of the episodes I actually watched, so pretty much the basics of the game. Would those of you that watched this as well as the anime recommend me watching both seasons? I have a feeling that it wont be as interesting as this movie though.

The anime is absolute dogshit adaptation.
Read the manga!! It's pretty cool, although it gets kinda meh at the end.
Mar 6, 2017 1:47 PM
Nov 2015
Aquamirror said:

The anime is absolute dogshit adaptation.
Read the manga!! It's pretty cool, although it gets kinda meh at the end.

Oh okay, thanks! I was trying to remember why I stopped watching so quickly and I guess my past self realized it wasn't so good.
Mar 6, 2017 10:14 PM
Oct 2013
man i wished this movie was longer, i got attached to the characters wanted more character development and wanted to see more of what was going to happen outside of the gantz world.

plus i really want to know what happened in the end
Mar 7, 2017 8:11 AM

Feb 2016
iBlueSky said:
man i wished this movie was longer, i got attached to the characters wanted more character development and wanted to see more of what was going to happen outside of the gantz world.

plus i really want to know what happened in the end

Well... read the manga XD
Although the end with the brother is movie only addition, I don't think anything particularly bad happened to him, they probably met.

In the manga, there were even more characters supposed to be fighting in this arc, some of them were hilarious. And there was also a third boss alien. One of the best arcs.
The movie covers chapters 239-278, but changes and skips a lot of stuff.. but still pretty good.

I really hope we get a new rebooted anime that properly follows the manga, if this has a success.
Mar 18, 2017 10:58 PM

Dec 2012
Oh! We start off with my waifu Reika's lovely booty and oppai...dat jiggling oppai.
Old man! Kei! AAAAAH!
Kei dies with future waifu Reika's oppai jiggling in his face. What a way to go out.
Reika looking beautiful in that commercial.
Katou!!! OnoD!!!
They really changed it.
Nishi!!! You little shit!
GANTZ song! Never gets old.
Nurarihyon!
"Katou-cha. LOL" Good times.
Reika taking off her coat was so hot! Dat lovely body. Oppai on point. Dat jiggle. Dat booty. Perfection.
LMAO at Nishi telling Kato to fuck off.
Dat Reika booty shot.
Dat Reika crawl.
Get off Reika you assholes.
Osaka team!
Damn it. They noticed Reika and her huge oppai.
The only one allowed to swap numbers with Reika is me.
Dat slice!
LMAO at Kato getting yanked by the cable.
Anzu "not Mazaki, but" Yamasaki is here! So got damn fine and cute, but...Too bad she has baggage.
That broom will take of it.
Yes, Kato. Go inside there with them.
Anzu caught feelings.
Anzu reveals her baggage to Kato. Damn it, Oku!
The JSDF are here!
Reika wants to revive her future husbando Kei.
Kaiju is here!
Oka is here! It's a GANTZDAMU!
That's how the Osaka team does things. Muroya went out in style.
Nurarihyon is here!
Nurarihyon Yoda-ing the shit out of George! LMAO
YES! Nurarihyon female oppai booty transformation time!
Reika booty!
Nishi with the save!
Nishi dipped! Nishi arm gone!
lol at Kato carrying Anzu and then throwing her.
Oka putting in work.
Oka vs Nurarihyon!
LMAO at Oka mentioning he play Ping pong in college.
Oka kicking ass!
Oka temporarily beating Nurarihyon! The music was perfect during that fight.
LMAO at Oka walking fast then giving Kato the sword so he can leave and cloak himself.
OLD MAN! NO!!!!
Finally, Nurarihyon has entered his final form.
LMAO Anzu letting them for Kato out.
Fuck! Oka!
Kato about to get baptized!
Anzu with the save!
Reika booty!
Anzu eyes!
Fuck! Reiko booty!
ANZU!!!!
The famous Kato spam scene!
LMAO at Old man saying he was no help.
I love that position Reika is in.
Jugs. :)
Muscle Rider!
Kei and Katou!
I see scumbag Izumi!
I see Kei near Kei.
Goodbye my waifu, Reika.
Ningen Video is FIYA!!!!

That was amazing. Despite the changes like leaving out the GOAT, Kazuo, it was great. Reika was beautiful. Body was perfect. Anzu was cute like Oku said she was. Still got baggage, which is a turn off. Ike delivered with the music as expected especially with Oka vs Nurarihyon. Disappointed "Make me wanna die" wasn't used as an insert song in the movie since it was in the trailers. I still hope that Gantz will get a full adaptation someday. I wouldn't mind if it was like this. The world must experience Gantz.

Yes, a lot of shit happened in this movie for my post to be the way it is.
RobMar 18, 2017 11:09 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 19, 2017 2:36 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty fucking awesome. Didn't think they would show the titty monster. Would have loved to see Kuwabara try to fuck everything though.

They did a pretty great job making the movie standalone. Watched it with someone fresh to Gantz and he had no problem comprehending the movie.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 20, 2017 1:57 AM

Apr 2013
Beautifully animated but badly excecuted and weirdly directed too.
Mar 23, 2017 10:35 AM

Sep 2016
wow that was beyond expectation. missing monsters and characters, but still cool to see the best Nurahiyon arc getting animated with this excellent CGI. I really like Osaka team with their full equipment gravity gun, gorilla suit and gundam. other studio should take notes and stop making shitty live action movie and make full CGI like this instead.

I wonder why they bother showed us muscle rider and the kid at the end flashback while exluding the glasses master and sakurai if none of them appear in this movie anyway.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 26, 2017 11:48 AM
Oct 2007
Wowowowow!! The quality is crazily amazing!!! The standard is either the same or even better than FFXV:kingsglaive. Thoroughly enjoyed all the fights~ This movie is so underrated..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2017 10:43 AM

Nov 2008
Spectacular animation, pacing was a bit uneven but overall a solid adaption. Some inconsistencies with them knowing Kato beforehand. Definitely wanting more, though Osaka was the best arc imo.

Mar 30, 2017 11:02 AM

Sep 2016
This was a very entertaining film, although I was disappointed since some Kei characters ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) were missing. The CGI is spectacular.
Takoyaki_samaMar 30, 2017 11:15 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2017 2:55 AM

Aug 2013
holyshit, I love this cgi and those bouncing Reika tiddies..
too bad they rearrange the event, so it's not the same as the mango
nevertheless I like it
Apr 9, 2017 1:00 PM

Apr 2010
FUCKING GOD-LIKE MASTERPIECE!!!! It was gorgeous! This movie is so wonderful I want to have intercourse with it, accidentally impregnate it and raise the child together
Apr 10, 2017 4:56 PM

May 2012
Oh boy this movie was totally amazing! Really reminds me how good this show was and that I really should pick up the manga of this amazing series!

It's a shame that they don't proceed with epic adaptations like this or the anime series.

Really amazing I must say, from start till end, it really was an enjoyable, intense and just epic ride!

And even though I first disliked the concept of this being in full CGI, the CGI of this movie was very amazingly done, so kudos for the team behind it!

All in all I really enjoyed watching this movie, almost worthy of a masterpiece grade rating! It's been a while since I've comment rated but this definitely deserves a 9.8/10
Apr 18, 2017 5:05 PM

Jun 2013
The CGI in this movie was quite amazing and realistic. I mean at times I couldn't even tell that this was was an animated movie. As for the arc I thought it was good but I personally prefer one which focuses on Kurono since Kato is too noble for this world. Overall 7.5/10
Apr 27, 2017 9:47 AM

Jul 2013
awesome cgi
shitty characters
awesome action scenes
boss was cool af
nice gore

8/10
May 24, 2017 12:42 AM

Jan 2009
this movie is great, the action and suspense are there
plus all the woman in this movie are eye candy
the only thing that is holding me back from giving this a perfect score is because its an open ending story so you have to read the manga in order to know the ending which im not planning anytime soon
Jun 2, 2017 2:32 PM

Jul 2010
Just watched it and wanted to say something.

Top notch graphics. Animation, lighting, rendering, models, everything about graphics was good. But:

- Is Gantz manga's story so bad you have to alter it in every damn fucking adaptation.
- Where is Kaze, Sakurai (Not included to cut the budget for quality character models I guess)
- How the fuck you put this in between prequels or sequels if you are planning any (Not planning I guess)
- As I remember, other members of the team got a lot of points to resurrect other ppl, how do you plan to resurrect Kurono if only one shitty mission is remaining before the Catastrophe (again they dont plan any sequels so they don't give af)
- Why don't you give us more of Yamazaki Anzu (she is damn cute)

Anyways, it is Gantz so I would watch any adaptation.
Jun 14, 2017 11:18 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Was a nice movie, with a nice adaptation and the characters was genials!!!
The aliens was cool too!!
Jul 6, 2017 5:55 AM
Nov 2015
Jax said:

I asking for a good adaptation and siurprise,they dont delivere
Jul 6, 2017 5:57 AM
Nov 2015
Saori Hayami as Reika is Horrible

They cut so many characters that its hurt,for me this is Gantz for babys
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How is kato alive?

FrontierAK - Jun 10, 2017

6 by MalyRBT »»
Jan 5, 2023 2:12 PM

» Do I need to watch Gantz or read the manga to watch Gantz:0?

_juno - Mar 5, 2017

11 by Maxto21 »»
Nov 9, 2022 3:53 AM

Poll: » Kato or Kei as the MC?

cHowaito - May 9, 2019

0 by cHowaito »»
May 9, 2019 12:17 AM

» budget?

guy550 - Apr 1, 2017

0 by guy550 »»
Apr 1, 2017 2:22 PM

» Osaka arc..

Kaziki - Oct 17, 2016

4 by Rod_Russ »»
Mar 3, 2017 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.