So what do you expect from this?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 27, 2016 9:48 AM

Jun 2015
LoNNoL said:
On one hand IT'S LELOUCH
on the other hand it's obviously a cash grab

Well the least I could say is that we should wait.

I love code geass to the death, if they change the cast I'll go with no expectations.

if they don't, I'll have high expectations.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Nov 27, 2016 9:50 AM

Jan 2014
Anybody who says this isn't a cash grab is just stupid lol

Why 10 years later would they announce a season 3 for this show?

All the money they made from Love Live probably twisted them into a greed hungry studio
Nov 27, 2016 9:51 AM

Nov 2011
Kageyama-chan said:
LoNNoL said:
On one hand IT'S LELOUCH
on the other hand it's obviously a cash grab

I love code geass to the death, if they change the cast I'll go with no expectations.

>if they don't
but the thing is what kind of story do you expect from that?
how do you think it will affect the already established conclusion?
Nov 27, 2016 9:53 AM

Jun 2015
LoNNoL said:
Kageyama-chan said:

>if they don't

Suzuki or whatever his name was fucked up, and Lelouch needs to come back.
New war
Someone with a geass killed suzaki and rules the world

I don't really care gimme something good.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Nov 27, 2016 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
Kageyama-chan said:
LoNNoL said:
>if they don't

Suzuki or whatever his name was fucked up, and Lelouch needs to come back.
New war
Someone with a geass killed suzaki and rules the world

I don't really care gimme something good.
But the thing is can you really expect "something good" from this? how? why?
Nov 27, 2016 10:00 AM

Sep 2016
it's definitely cash grab

i expected Eureka 7 AO terrible level
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 27, 2016 10:02 AM

Jan 2016
The resurection of Spinzaku memes.
Nov 27, 2016 10:02 AM

May 2010
I see the movie characters are in the poster so I'm not expecting anything
Nov 27, 2016 10:46 AM

Sep 2015
I'm expecting it to be a shitty cash grab. That's the most beneficial, I can't get disappointed. If it'll be a worthy sequel, I'll be the most pleased. If it'll be the pointless franchise milking, like this year's Berserk was and what this looks like at this point, then I can just say "told ya".

I see no reason to be optimist. They are messing with the canon and potentially ruin a great ending of an iconic classic.
Nov 27, 2016 10:52 AM

May 2009
I expect to be disappointed.

I mean, this can't live up to anything you'd expect, so I'd rather keep my expectations low.
Nov 27, 2016 10:55 AM
Oct 2009
This is, in effect, an alternate continuation. With the compilations, they are going to be making changes to the story of the show even before reaching the ending of R2. Having patience and keeping expectations low is definitely the right approach.

That said, all popular anime that has ever gotten a continuation has been, one way or another, a so-called "cash grab" so this is nothing new. More Naruto? It's a cash-grab. More Gundam? It's the same thing. More Dragon Ball? See above.

That said, I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions about the actual contents of the project. Dragon Ball Super didn't seem like a necessary story that needed to be told, and yet they produced some interesting material (although of varying quality, since there have been highs and lows). The same could happen here.

But let us remember: you can always go back to watch the original Code Geass TV series and ignore this new production, at least if the compilation movies and the sequel don't work out for you. I don't think they're going to be removed from reproduction, personal libraries and commercial shelves.
Nov 27, 2016 10:58 AM

Jan 2014
I was disappointed the first seasons and I'll still be disappointed with this new crash grab season.
Nov 27, 2016 10:59 AM
Oct 2009
Bowie said:
I was disappointed the first seasons and I'll still be disappointed with this new crash grab season.

Then I have a good solution: you might be better off not watching it. :)
Nov 27, 2016 11:01 AM

Jan 2014
jgomezg said:
Bowie said:

When you can't handle other users opinions on a series. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Nov 27, 2016 11:02 AM

Sep 2016
Bowie said:
jgomezg said:

When you can't handle other users opinions on a series. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
fanboys need safe-space πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 27, 2016 11:05 AM

Jul 2009

None of these possible scenarios sound great. So yep, this cash grab ain't looking so fine.
Nov 27, 2016 11:12 AM

Mar 2010
CheekyKunt said:

None of these possible scenarios sound great. So yep, this cash grab ain't looking so fine.

wait when did the writers confirm anything about lelouch? do you have a link?
Nov 27, 2016 11:19 AM

Jul 2011
Nov 27, 2016 11:20 AM

Jul 2009
batossai said:
CheekyKunt said:

It's a blog post, but the facts are taken from the magazine interview. It can be interpreted in a way that he's not surely dead, but the higher probability is he's gone. You can google more to find out.
Nov 27, 2016 11:38 AM

Jan 2011
GangsterCat said:
it's definitely cash grab

i expected Eureka 7 AO terrible level

Ouch. My concern is who they'll be pandering to. If they follow the trend of animes of similar genre E7: AO Valvrave, Aldnoah, It will be a frustrated experience. I have heard of spin offs from time to time but I wasn't interested since it was a story in a bigger story, not too interested in a travel size epic. I will admit, however I didn't expect a direct sequel from this show. Next up: Babylon 6.
Nov 27, 2016 11:39 AM

Mar 2013
Can't be worse than the Akito OVAs

and those weren't a total waste of time

Likewise there's no way this will be a total waste of time either; even if it ends up being a shitshow, the forums will make it all worthwhile.
Nov 27, 2016 11:45 AM

Sep 2015
jgomezg said:

That said, all popular anime that has ever gotten a continuation has been, one way or another, a so-called "cash grab" so this is nothing new. More Naruto? It's a cash-grab. More Gundam? It's the same thing. More Dragon Ball? See above.

Naruto? They rather make the show 70% filler than go on a few months or years break like Fairy Tail did. Though even that doesn't guarantee quality, it's a much more favorable attitude.

Gundam? It's really a vast universe, the new series doesn't affect each other.

Dragon Ball? It's not a quality level that too high to reproduce and still, the writer himself who created the universe is failing. So far it's only catching up to the worst part of DBZ.

And yet we don't talk about a neverending shounen manga adaptation or disjointed stories with only the word Gundam as connection. It was an original story standalone story which had an end.

jgomezg said:
But let us remember: you can always go back to watch the original Code Geass TV series and ignore this new production

No, you can't. They are changing the canon. Until now it was arguable at best if Lelouch died. Now there is a canonical answer. As part of a community, you can't ignore that.
ModelCitizenNov 27, 2016 11:49 AM
Nov 27, 2016 11:46 AM

Sep 2008
Pretty much the same thing as what those Code geass movies were.

Bunch of action, lots of not so interesting-but-pretending-to-be-super-deep-and-mysterious story and bland as all fuck characters.

Or, well, in this case, whole bunch of incredibly fun characters reduced to ashes. I'll still watch it, it's CG after all, but I don't expect any good to come out of it.
Nov 27, 2016 11:55 AM

Oct 2014
LoNNoL said:
Kageyama-chan said:

>if they don't

actually the established conclusion was kind of bullshit
supposing the death of lelouch would create world peace instead of a power vacuum that would lead to another civil war requires a lot of suspension of desbelief
Nov 27, 2016 11:56 AM

Jan 2013
Hoping it's at least better than the Akito movies.
Not expecting anything good but I really am interested as to how they'll spin the story.
Nov 27, 2016 11:59 AM

Nov 2016
I don't even care, I just want some more Lelouch. I'll watch whatever they come up with and will probably love it as long as Lulu's there <3
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Nov 27, 2016 12:13 PM

Apr 2009
DoctorWasabi said:
Anybody who says this isn't a cash grab is just stupid lol

Why 10 years later would they announce a season 3 for this show?

All the money they made from Love Live probably twisted them into a greed hungry studio

who the fuck cares if its a cash grab if its good
Nov 27, 2016 12:15 PM

Apr 2009
batossai said:
CheekyKunt said:

the image they are using is lelouch so..
Nov 27, 2016 12:17 PM
Sep 2014
This is what happens when you lack originality or creativity and are in desperate need for money. All those voice actors, writers, key animators, directors wasted. They could be working on something that is new, something original, regardless of how that new series ends up becoming it could very well have been different but no, why do that when you can just make a sequel after giving it a definitive ending .

It's basically what you're seeing with the Evangelion reboots, Steins;Gate S2 etc. You don't need it, no one other than diehard fans care about it, you should be focusing on new, future projects but instead you rely on Nostalgia.

Nostalgia truly is the enemy of creativity.

Regardless, if there is still something that the writers feel like they have more to tell than maybe it's justified, otherwise, leave it be and move on.
Nov 27, 2016 12:18 PM

Feb 2013
Wait what? sooo does lelounch live now after r2?
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Nov 27, 2016 12:19 PM

Apr 2009
Smooki said:

everyone assumed he lived ..
RetroRaven said:
This is what happens when you lack originality or creativity and are in desperate need for money. All those voice actors, writers, key animators, directors wasted. They could be working on something that is new, something original, regardless of how that new series ends up becoming it could very well have been different but no, why do that when you can just make a sequel after giving it a definitive ending .

It's basically what you're seeing with the Evangelion reboots, Steins;Gate S2 etc. You don't need it, no one other than diehard fans care about it, you should be focusing on new, future projects but instead you rely on Nostalgia.

Regardless, if there is still something that the writers feel like they have more to tell than maybe it's justified, otherwise, leave it be and move on.

i think new anime fans will like it if its good.
Nov 27, 2016 12:20 PM

Feb 2013
AForgottenSoul said:
Smooki said:

RetroRaven said:

many did, but did the author not confirm that he died?

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Nov 27, 2016 12:21 PM

Apr 2009
Smooki said:
AForgottenSoul said:

but then what was that cart scene.. it was obviously a way back into the story.
Nov 27, 2016 12:27 PM

Jun 2010
By lelouch is back i dont care if they mean like a cameo (Akito style) or just a bloody flash back.

All i want is a bloody Britannian civil war, there's no way the nobles would just roll over and let the black knights boss them around.
It might have taken some time but they definitely would have been able to build up a fighting force.

The Zero Requiem sounded cool on paper but there's no way that shit would have worked for long.
Unlike what the requiem was based on (WW2), where the world's hate was focused on one bad guy/ideology and its defeat resulted in peace, and they followed up by nerfing the country.

in Code Geass' case Britannia was actually the winner of the world war, they still owned 3/5th of the world, and they didn't get nerfed
the only thing that happened was a change in power from a "Dictator" to perhaps the most gentle person on earth.

There's no way nobles are gonna let such a chance slip to "MAKE BRITANNIA GREAT AGAIN !!!!"
TheLastKing360Nov 27, 2016 12:35 PM
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Nov 27, 2016 12:28 PM

Mar 2010
AForgottenSoul said:
batossai said:

Look inside the spoiler tag....
Nov 27, 2016 12:37 PM
May 2011
i expect shitty cgi
Nov 27, 2016 12:39 PM

Apr 2009
batossai said:
AForgottenSoul said:

Look inside the spoiler tag....

they confirmed something about lelouch by using lelouch.. obviously they havnt confirmed the ways hes back but he is back.
Nov 27, 2016 12:40 PM

Apr 2009
Tylerr said:
i expect shitty cgi

i expect better from sunrise.
Nov 27, 2016 12:42 PM

Jan 2011
AForgottenSoul said:
Smooki said:

Lelouch's true fate is one of the largest controversies since there is little evidence to truly support alive vs dead. However I believe it was divulged some time ago by original crew that he was indeed dead. So not "everyone" assumes that he lived. I for one am in the camp that he died but thanks to this third season that maybe yes maybe no mystery (a positive factor) may be put to rest. He may be alive or revived which will put an end to what his fate actually was at the end of R2. Based on the literal title alone it would be the revitalization so dead at the end of R2.

However, that all pales in comparison of the fact that what made Code Geass so good was Lelouch/Zero exiting the world stage to leave the now improved version he crafted in the hands of those he trusted. This third season kinda shits all over that entire premise. Maybe but probably.
IZEROIINov 27, 2016 12:46 PM
Nov 27, 2016 12:44 PM

Apr 2016
I expect either something that manages to surprise us in making something amazing, possibly even better than the other two seasons, or something that manages to surprise us in making the equivalent of Eureka 7 AO, Gundam 00 Season 2, Psycho Pass 2, or SEED Destiny; a sequel that completely missed the point of the original and made things worse in almost every way.

God, I hope it's the former.

What's with the sheer spite from you guys? Already judging this as "crap-ass cash grab" before it even gets the chance to air and show us what it is? Christ. Can't you people actually wait until the trailers come out, or better, the SERIES comes out before you praise or slam a show? None of you k ow how it'll turn out. It's all speculation. At least wait until the show shows us what it's got before you make your call.
CodeBlazeFateNov 27, 2016 12:52 PM
Nov 27, 2016 12:45 PM
May 2011
AForgottenSoul said:
Tylerr said:
i expect shitty cgi

why? They did it with Akito.
Nov 27, 2016 12:47 PM

Mar 2014
I expect nothing and I still think I am going to be let down
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 27, 2016 12:47 PM

Apr 2016
Tylerr said:
i expect shitty cgi
When does Sunrise ever do that anymore? Didn't they learn their lesson with the SEED sub-franchise? I mean, given the footage I've seen from the Gundam shows of the past 10 years, it's clear that they're not likely to ever do that here.
Nov 27, 2016 12:49 PM
May 2011
CodeBlazeFate said:
Tylerr said:
i expect shitty cgi
When does Sunrise ever do that anymore? Didn't they learn their lesson with the SEED sub-franchise? I mean, given the footage I've seen from the Gundam shows of the past 10 years, it's clear that they're not likely to ever do that here.

they did it with akito...
Nov 27, 2016 12:50 PM

Aug 2013
Meh, it will be 3dcg shit for sure. No reason to watch.
Anyway, it it won't be 3DCG, then I will watch it, it it will be 3D or partially 3D - nope.

AForgottenSoul said:
Tylerr said:
i expect shitty cgi

Yeah, especially that they are using a lot 3DCG lately.
rsc-plNov 27, 2016 12:55 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 27, 2016 12:50 PM

Apr 2016
Tylerr said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

they did it with akito...
Really? Damn. I haven't actually seen the Akito films. Then again, given how Sunrise has handled mech shows for the past decade, it isn't too probable that they'll use bad CGI here. At least, I hope not.
Nov 27, 2016 12:51 PM

Feb 2013
AForgottenSoul said:
Smooki said:

well this scene is the reason for the theories.. I agree with it is possible that he lives (and wished for a new season in which he becomes farmer, goes to a farmer school and uses his geass on cows) but well :D

Nov 27, 2016 12:53 PM

Dec 2014
I expect the incoming flame wars and shitposts to be more entertaining than the anime.
Nov 27, 2016 12:54 PM

Apr 2009
IZEROII said:
AForgottenSoul said:

Lelouch's true fate is one of the largest controversies since there is little evidence to truly support alive vs dead. However I believe it was divulged some time ago by original crew that he was indeed dead. So not "everyone" assumes that he lived. I for one am in the camp that he died but thanks to this third season that maybe yes maybe no mystery (a positive factor) may be put to rest. He may be alive or revived which will put an end to what his fate actually was at the end of R2. Based on the literal title alone it would be the revitalization so dead at the end of R2.

However, that all pales in comparison of the fact that what made Code Geass so good was Lelouch/Zero exiting the world stage to leave the now improved version he crafted in the hands of those he trusted. This third season kinda shits all over that entire premise. Maybe but probably.

he shouldnt have died to begin with

Smooki said:
AForgottenSoul said:

well this scene is the reason for the theories.. I agree with it is possible that he lives (and wished for a new season in which he becomes farmer, goes to a farmer school and uses his geass on cows) but well :D

it didnt make sense for him to die anyways.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyuse - Feb 24, 2019

218 by crystal4032 »»
May 5, 9:25 PM

» why it's not considered as sequel to 2nd season of original series???

NaughtySempai - May 21, 2021

12 by Leonhart93 »»
Jan 3, 6:27 AM

Poll: » If you were Lelouch, what decision would you choose?

Sanjay63773 - Jan 19, 2023

10 by Leonhart93 »»
Jan 3, 6:26 AM

» Code Geass: Dakkan no Z

quercifolia - Sep 19, 2023

5 by quercifolia »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:45 AM

» Why did they did not continue original timeline? What's up this alternate timeline crap?!?

AnimeJunki3 - Apr 19, 2021

35 by WNightfall »»
Apr 15, 2023 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.