Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 17, 2016 6:35 AM

Jan 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pikachu's Z move was pretty good.
Nov 17, 2016 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
I watched this raw so, just in case if I got things wrong here >__< then sorry.

Surprisingly this episode still stayed as consistent with its quality of animation along with the entertainment value, as far as I have gathered it seemed like Ash can't really use properly his Bracelet or there needs to be something to activate it, moreso like a trigger of sorts in a way. In the end it seems more of what it was, and along with the characters just doing these usual trials I think for either entertainment or just to help him out on that. Which I am not going to lie I actually enjoyed the trials here. It was pretty hilarious seeing how Ash would try to win yet despite that he still loses to it (inb4 someone says he's a loser even though I don't really think so).

My favorite part of the episode was pretty much the trials, and still the Alola Professor is still hilarious with the comedic facial structure of mimicking the Pokemons. Along with the Guardian Deities wanting to play around (at least one of them). It felt likely when the series puts a lot of effort through the battle points, and even the running segments, its pretty nice and lively.

The Z-Move was probably the best part, so much fluidity and motion to it that it just brings variety to it, hoping to see more of these in the near future in all honesty.

A note: I might assume we might see some bit of background with Lillie, a little bit through or some development for her since she's apparently scared of touching Pokemon or being near Pokemon (this actually reminds me of I think the Deoxys movie, I think people might get that reference through)
Nov 17, 2016 8:31 AM

Sep 2008
i enjoyed this way more than what i imagined, sure art doesnt even compare to x/y but i grew up with pokemon, i knew i was going to like it XD (i already even beaten the game, and nno, i was carefull, didnt get banned XD)

tapu kokeko? sounds weird, i was alreayd used to tapu koko :/

i wonder if its weird that just by completing the game i know by heart all of the Z moves dances -_- i even danced them in the ending and the episode XD

the game was pretty unique in pokemon standars, and seems like the anime will be so, i wonder if..

o well, this is going to be fun XD

SymphoniacTippy said:

A note: I might assume we might see some bit of background with Lillie, a little bit through or some development for her since she's apparently scared of touching Pokemon or being near Pokemon (this actually reminds me of I think the Deoxys movie, I think people might get that reference through)

she kinda is the new serena , pretty sure pokemon is trying to make us love her just like serena, hmm good luck with that XD
Zero_r2Nov 17, 2016 8:36 AM
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 17, 2016 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
Zero_r2 said:
i enjoyed this way more than what i imagined, sure art doesnt even compare to x/y but i grew up with pokemon, i knew i was going to like it XD (i already even beaten the game, and nno, i was carefull, didnt get banned XD)

tapu kokeko? sounds weird, i was alreayd used to tapu koko :/

i wonder if its weird that just by completing the game i know by heart all of the Z moves dances -_- i even danced them in the ending and the episode XD

the game was pretty unique in pokemon standars, and seems like the anime will be so, i wonder if..

o well, this is going to be fun XD

SymphoniacTippy said:

she kinda is the new serena , pretty sure pokemon is trying to make us love her just like serena, hmm good luck with that XD

I am pretty sure they're just trying but I wanna see the how. I do like Lillie but not as much, but I do wanna see how she progresses as a character with this thing.
Nov 17, 2016 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
I like this new approach to the series. XY bored me to death outside of the good animation so I'm all for this.
Nov 17, 2016 10:03 AM

Jan 2015
Another good episode.
So the pokemon helped Pikachu and Satoshi

Promising start for the series, definitely the best one
Nov 17, 2016 12:32 PM

Jul 2014
RIP Kalos, Anyways I liked how there's more characters and more new things to reveal ^_^
I'm waiting for the next episode...

Nov 17, 2016 12:37 PM

Aug 2016
What site did you use to watch this subbed? Kissanime only has one episode out.
Nov 17, 2016 12:47 PM

May 2013
pretty good for opening episode.
the school and classmates also looks having fun together.
Nov 17, 2016 12:58 PM
Sep 2012
Effulgence said:

It's two episodes put together into a one hour special (48 minutes to be exact).
Nov 17, 2016 1:01 PM

Aug 2016
Linkmstr said:
Effulgence said:

It's two episodes put together into a one hour special (48 minutes to be exact).

The episode i watched was only 24mins long :s.
Nov 17, 2016 1:03 PM

Feb 2012
Hopefully this series is like Orange Islands ... only 4 islands, satoshi is in school?! hope this series goes fast so they can bring back danger ash & add these emotions he has in this series
Nov 17, 2016 1:04 PM

Dec 2007
I'm gonna support Pokemon's new direction. I really like the new animation style, it's goofy, lively and fluid, everything a kid's show should be. I love all of the characters so far! I can't wait to see more of Team Skull!
Nov 17, 2016 1:51 PM

Jan 2016
As consistent as previous episode 👍 We know a little more about the characters and we're now ready for their adventures in school.

I really liked the Z-moves idea, they're like an ace in the sleeve for the user. As mentioned earlier, they bring more variety to battles.

Overall, it's a good start. Changes aren't always bad, this looks promising.
THANKS SENPIEX
Nov 17, 2016 1:59 PM

Jul 2008
Oh look, it still works! Getting Ash from a to b by stealing his hat. Still that was an astounding display of speed there and durability, I see why he is an Guardian deity.

Anyway, we all agree right that all those trails were super rigged XD
Ash being the human target of pokemon continues on too. Perhaps we should keep score of a list. Lets see how many mons get him through this series.

Oh and Ash. STOP WRECKING THE ISLAND. He got himself twice in the forest and somehow got into situations that leveled trees. Hmm, thinking about that, our ''Guardian'' was the root of both those instances...

Floyd said:
As consistent as previous episode 👍 We know a little more about the characters and we're now ready for their adventures in school.

I really liked the Z-moves idea, they're like an ace in the sleeve for the user. As mentioned earlier, they bring more variety to battles.

Overall, it's a good start. Changes aren't always bad, this looks promising.

Mega evolution Z-moves. Bracelets on both arms.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Nov 17, 2016 2:05 PM

Jan 2016
Punkbeetle said:

If Pikachu, a second stage Pokemon, did that with the Z-move, just imagine him being a hypothetical Mega Raichu. That'd be overkill but interesting to watch in a Mega Pokemon xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Nov 17, 2016 4:40 PM

Mar 2014
Floyd said:
Punkbeetle said:

If Pikachu, a second stage Pokemon, did that with the Z-move, just imagine him being a hypothetical Mega Raichu. That'd be overkill but interesting to watch in a Mega Pokemon xD

Impossible in the games, since the Pokémon has to carry either a Mega Stone or a Z-Crystal to pull one of those off. Since they cannot wear two items at ones, it's not possible. The anime might be less of an issue, but I doubt that is going to happen. Especially since Megas seem to appear only in post-game. And if Satoshi is ever going to get a Mega Ring and Mega Stones is probably not even a question of time. The only thing I hope is if Gekkouga and Puni-chan will ever return in SM.

For Pikachu, you have to decide for a Z-Crystal or Light Ball.
Nov 17, 2016 5:06 PM

Jul 2008
MajinAkuma said:
Floyd said:

Impossible in the games, since the Pokémon has to carry either a Mega Stone or a Z-Crystal to pull one of those off. Since they cannot wear two items at ones, it's not possible. The anime might be less of an issue, but I doubt that is going to happen. Especially since Megas seem to appear only in post-game. And if Satoshi is ever going to get a Mega Ring and Mega Stones is probably not even a question of time. The only thing I hope is if Gekkouga and Puni-chan will ever return in SM.

For Pikachu, you have to decide for a Z-Crystal or Light Ball.

Aaaaaand you took it somewhat seriously.
Besides, those are the prefered items, not the only possible.(smirk)
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Nov 17, 2016 5:06 PM
Jan 2011
This episode and last is so much filler. Random legendary pokemon takes notice of Ash and gives him a strange power and challenge him to a match only for Ash to lose the new power he gained immediately. What an awful setup. What's the point of painting Ash as special only to reveal he is not. -rolls eyes- There are better ways to setup his entrance into whatever challenge is in the region than a random, completely pointless meeting with a legendary pokemon he is likely to never meet again.

I enjoy the color scheme of this tropical region at least, not so much Ash's new face.
Nov 17, 2016 5:57 PM
Apr 2013
So Pokemon Sun Moon anime is basically Inazuma Eleven low res
Nov 17, 2016 7:17 PM

Mar 2014
fking satoshi surrounded by three cuties
Nov 17, 2016 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
ButtSlapper said:
More of Harem! this is gonna be fun now,dont know who might be ideal couple for Ash.Guess we might see love fights,which will be fun.
Nov 17, 2016 9:01 PM
Jul 2018
RKarim69f117 said:
ButtSlapper said:
More of Harem! this is gonna be fun now,dont know who might be ideal couple for Ash.Guess we might see love fights,which will be fun.

3 Girls and 2 males (excluding Satoshi) so Eh we might see potential ships around there? I'm not pretty sure. Then again I wouldn't label this as a harem honestly. But it would be interesting.
Nov 17, 2016 9:18 PM

May 2013
eien_kiseki said:
This episode and last is so much filler. Random legendary pokemon takes notice of Ash and gives him a strange power and challenge him to a match only for Ash to lose the new power he gained immediately. What an awful setup. What's the point of painting Ash as special only to reveal he is not. -rolls eyes- There are better ways to setup his entrance into whatever challenge is in the region than a random, completely pointless meeting with a legendary pokemon he is likely to never meet again.

I enjoy the color scheme of this tropical region at least, not so much Ash's new face.

they already said that pokemon is liked trolling peoples.
Nov 18, 2016 4:44 AM
Feb 2016
Typical ridiculous setup with Satoshi meeting Kapu Kokeko from the start, like how is he so special?? But the rest was really fun and cute, with more typical stuff like him getting whacked around. I don't get at all what the trials were supposed to do other than show off the abilities of the new Pokemon. Maybe it was just a setup for the Kapu Kokeko trial. Also, that fight... Hwaaa?? What is it with Satoshi, that he can just totally bypass the island trials? Kaki was totally salty!!
Nov 18, 2016 7:42 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
I remmeber what satoshi says in the end of jotho league "its been already two years since i started my journey" IN JOTHO
and now probably 2~3 years after jotho he are more young....the animators doens't give a shit for this.
Nov 18, 2016 9:15 AM

Dec 2011
Another enjoying episode.So far it is interesting and we will see what it will have for us.
So now Ash has to pass a test to get the Z crystal.
So will it be 2 episodes release every week or just for this week and next week?
Nov 18, 2016 9:53 AM

May 2009
lucio54 said:
I remmeber what satoshi says in the end of jotho league "its been already two years since i started my journey" IN JOTHO
and now probably 2~3 years after jotho he are more young....the animators doens't give a shit for this.

Except Kanto and Johto were in the same series, BW was the only series the resetted Ash.
Nov 18, 2016 12:13 PM

Jan 2014
Gotta say Tapu Koko is becoming one of my favourite legendaries! Also I love how Kaki seems to be more of a cautious/leader type.

Great episode! :)
Nov 18, 2016 12:31 PM

Dec 2013
MajinAkuma said:
Impossible in the games, since the Pokémon has to carry either a Mega Stone or a Z-Crystal to pull one of those off. Since they cannot wear two items at ones, it's not possible.

I also heard the Megas will be banned in the new VGC season so I doubt we will be seeing many megas. They really seem to want to push the new Z-moves and dail back the megas a bit.
Nov 18, 2016 1:48 PM

Sep 2014
Good episode once again.I liked the trials.They were quite fun and refreshing for the show.The thing though that bothered me the most was the fact that Ash seemed not to understand how z-moves works,when it was clearly explained that needs a strong bond between the pokemon and the trainer.Are you retarded?Have you already forgotten Greninja?It was nice to see the guardian deity when it trained Ash how to use the bracelet and the attack was great.I also liked the fact that he couldn't use it again,because he is not ready to master it yet.Looking forward to see how the other characters in the show will be treated.
Nov 18, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2008
Shoryuuken said:
lucio54 said:

Except Kanto and Johto were in the same series, BW was the only series the resetted Ash.

And it was was the softest of resets you could have gotten. Only his age was set back, the rest was still canon.

guyze said:
Typical ridiculous setup with Satoshi meeting Kapu Kokeko from the start, like how is he so special?? But the rest was really fun and cute, with more typical stuff like him getting whacked around. I don't get at all what the trials were supposed to do other than show off the abilities of the new Pokemon. Maybe it was just a setup for the Kapu Kokeko trial. Also, that fight... Hwaaa?? What is it with Satoshi, that he can just totally bypass the island trials? Kaki was totally salty!!

Because you need a reason to meet the Legends and tying them to Ash saves creating new throw away characters and increases Ash his character worth. Also, it makes him interesting, it gives him something special which is something you can reach for. That and Ash's energy drew Kapu Kokeko in, seeing him battle and why was the deciding factor. ...in my view anyway.

Besides the crystal broke unlike Kaki's one. He was probably only given a taste of the power. To get it working right he probably will need to clear the trials.
Nov 18, 2016 2:07 PM
Feb 2016
Punkbeetle said:

Besides the crystal broke unlike Kaki's one. He was probably only given a taste of the power. To get it working right he probably will need to clear the trials.

Yeah, definitely. He'll have to complete the trials to get it working properly, gets him excited about completing them, and the viewers hooked!
Nov 18, 2016 3:49 PM
Sep 2014
I'm interested, this z-move thing is sure interesting, but i wonder, is z-move also available in other region, i haven't play the game tho
Nov 18, 2016 4:07 PM

Aug 2014
It seems Satoshi got his PokeDex for this region. Judging from it, I'm guessing it'll be like the PokeDex-Rotom from the demo game.
Nov 18, 2016 5:39 PM
Jul 2018
Shoryuuken said:
lucio54 said:

I may be wrong from my memory but in BW they did also resetted Pikachu as well, right? In a way. Unless I need to be clarified on that.
Nov 18, 2016 9:55 PM
Sep 2014
I've been following this series for a decade now, and i dare to say that this is the best premiere they ever made, i hope it keep consistent, so this series won't let me down, and maybe this can become the best if the pace is getting better
Nov 19, 2016 3:27 AM

May 2009
SymphoniacTippy said:
Shoryuuken said:

I may be wrong from my memory but in BW they did also resetted Pikachu as well, right? In a way. Unless I need to be clarified on that.

Often I guess the impression pikachu was the victim of a resetted Ash. At times he seemed like "Ash you a dumbass"
Nov 19, 2016 6:57 AM

Mar 2014
eien_kiseki said:
Laihoard said:
Gotta say Tapu Koko is becoming one of my favourite legendaries!

Great episode! :)

The Guardian Deities aren't Legendaries, though.
Nov 19, 2016 8:23 AM

Jul 2010
Effulgence said:
Linkmstr said:

The episode i watched was only 24mins long :s.

I watched it on youtube. Though it had some pretty annoying watermarks.
Nov 19, 2016 10:29 AM

Sep 2016
I will admit, i did enjoy the first two episodes more than i thought i would. The new artstyle makes for some pretty good facial expressions. Samson Oak needs to stop with those puns tho. I will say, however, Ash's new design still bothers me.
MajinAkuma said:

Impossible in the games, since the Pokémon has to carry either a Mega Stone or a Z-Crystal to pull one of those off. Since they cannot wear two items at ones, it's not possible.

There is an exception to that: Rayquayza. All Rayquayza needs to Mega Evolve is know Dragon Ascent. So, as if it wasn't broken enough already, Rayquayza is the only Pokemon that can Mega Evolve and use a Z-Move at the same time.
Nov 19, 2016 1:57 PM

Mar 2014
Armagon1000 said:

There is an exception to that: Rayquayza. All Rayquayza needs to Mega Evolve is know Dragon Ascent. So, as if it wasn't broken enough already, Rayquayza is the only Pokemon that can Mega Evolve and use a Z-Move at the same time.

Rayquaza is locked out of Mega Evolution when it helds a Z-Crystal and it cannot Mega Evolve after using a Z-Move.
Nov 19, 2016 2:28 PM

Feb 2013
The anime is pretty good so far. The captains are a bit different in the anime as now they're in the school with Ash and the personality of them are changed but is understable as we already seen that they're different characters.

I'm curious to see how they'll gonna make the trials in the anime.
Nov 19, 2016 3:37 PM

Apr 2016
so this is definitely a reimagined story all his adventures are wiped away im assuming which means iris doesnt exist thank god and he may finally start aging now
Nov 19, 2016 3:45 PM

May 2010
DarthWeeaboo said:
so this is definitely a reimagined story all his adventures are wiped away im assuming which means iris doesnt exist thank god and he may finally start aging now
Nope. He stated he had already caught a Tauros before. All of his past adventures still happened.
Nov 19, 2016 6:00 PM

Aug 2015
Pikachu's Z move was So cool. Each episode improves more, I hope it continues like this

Nov 19, 2016 7:11 PM
Jul 2018
This is how they should make kid's anime. X)
Although only 2 ep. so far. I hope they stick with this till the end.
Nov 19, 2016 7:38 PM

Apr 2016
Thrashinuva said:
DarthWeeaboo said:
Nope. He stated he had already caught a Tauros before. All of his past adventures still happened.
that could only mean that some of it exist maybe everything past jhoto is gone i have yet to see electroball or volt tackle from pikachu
Nov 19, 2016 11:05 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Since I'm too cheap to buy the game after buying $50 worth of dinner for a friend and myself, I decided to check out the anime instead. Not disappointed. Maybe after the anime finishes, I'll be comfortable enough to buy the game?
Let's see.
But yeah, so far so good.
Makes me wan to study abroad. Ha hah!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 20, 2016 12:15 AM

Sep 2014
DarthWeeaboo said:
Thrashinuva said:
that could only mean that some of it exist maybe everything past jhoto is gone i have yet to see electroball or volt tackle from pikachu

Well,the anime also follows the 4-limited moveset logic,so volt tackle was replaced by electro ball back in Unova.But it's true the only Pikachu moves we saw so far in the new show are Quick Attack and Thunderbolt,while in Kalos used Electro Ball and Iron Tail as well to complete its moveset.But we are only in the beginning so it's better to avoid rushed conclusions over this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kensai-Serazu - Nov 17, 2016

105 by crackingfeetlol »»
Mar 29, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 146 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Nov 3, 2019

52 by leanrv »»
Feb 22, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 144 Discussion

Ri22rk - Oct 20, 2019

28 by leanrv »»
Feb 20, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 143 Discussion

Ri22rk - Oct 13, 2019

18 by leanrv »»
Feb 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 139 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Crzykido - Sep 15, 2019

58 by leanrv »»
Feb 7, 10:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.