Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 11, 2016 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, more Rohan this episode.

So we got more tense drama and action between Josuke and Terunosuke. Pretty thrilling action imo and I find the Engima letter segment to be priceless. Plus we got mind games that Josuke tries to play against Terunosuke. Glad to see Koichi back too :D

Right in the face!
Nov 11, 2016 9:13 AM

May 2015
Another great episodes.

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Nov 11, 2016 10:05 AM

Oct 2016
This Episode, wow I am hyped for
Nov 11, 2016 10:28 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Really good episode. I lol'd so hard at the gun coming out of the paper.

Idk why but I was a tad surprised that they had the Pepsi logo in full glory in the episode.
Nov 11, 2016 10:34 AM

Mar 2008
I didn't really understand the changes they did in this episode. In the manga, Yuya Fungami purposely let himself to be turned into paper so that he could fuse with the other papers and made Terunosuke push them out. Here he somehow made Highway Star kick them out??
OverkilledRedNov 11, 2016 10:43 AM

Nov 11, 2016 10:39 AM
Apr 2014
Sigh the animation is absolutely deplorable yet again, I pray they deliver well for the Kira finale
That scene with Rohan trying to get Cheap Trick off his back with that deplorable animation is quite hilarious.
July 15th continues onto next episode but we should be getting some more Kira action as well.
Nov 11, 2016 10:43 AM
May 2016
Drake1000 said:
Sigh the animation is absolutely deplorable yet again, I pray they deliver well for the Kira finale
That scene with Rohan trying to get Cheap Trick off his back with that deplorable animation is quite hilarious.
July 15th continues onto next episode but we should be getting some more Kira action as well.

I agree, but in all honesty I might be the only one on it. But I like the presentation or certain effects or stills ,I feel dp take on it (at the cost of animation). But then again DP did the orginal DIOs world with a dissapointing animation (until the blue-rays fixed most of the scenes) ,So dont expect much for the final kira fight.
Nov 11, 2016 10:58 AM
Dec 2014
Koichi is HIGH AS FUCK in this episode. I really hope on BDs they add some effect for drowning in paper, it looked awkward.
Nov 11, 2016 11:05 AM

Jul 2014
Akira kills Okuyasu's brother, steals a ton of stuff, tries to kill Joseph and Okuyasu, and only gets sent to jail.

Terunosuke kidnaps Josuke's mom, immediately sets her free, and gets turned into a book for the rest of his life.

Josuke's sense of morality is a little confusing.
Nov 11, 2016 11:30 AM
Jul 2016
Drake1000 said:

Did we watch the same episode? I thought the animation and art was great! They don't have as big of a budget for Part 4 so they are spreading their budget. They're really picking it up for the finale. Part 4 isn't as popular in Japan so that's why their budget isn't the best. Overall, Part 4 still has great animation and art and I'm sure they'll touch it up for the blue-ray!
Nov 11, 2016 11:35 AM

Feb 2015
lmao i wasn't expecting the anime to keep the pepsi sign
Nov 11, 2016 11:55 AM
May 2016
Yuya fugami has something that i love, i dont know what, but his character is Awesome! Is in my top 5 of part 4 characters.

Is 5 episodes enough for Bites za dusto and the end of part 4 or is going to be fast paced manga readers?
Nov 11, 2016 12:08 PM
Dec 2014
4,4 chapters per episode, so, a much calmer pace than usual for Part 4.
Nov 11, 2016 12:12 PM
Apr 2014
ProJFURY said:
Drake1000 said:

Did we watch the same episode? I thought the animation and art was great! They don't have as big of a budget for Part 4 so they are spreading their budget. They're really picking it up for the finale. Part 4 isn't as popular in Japan so that's why their budget isn't the best. Overall, Part 4 still has great animation and art and I'm sure they'll touch it up for the blue-ray!

Yeah you clearly didn't watch the same episode as the rest of us, maybe you're from the future and you've watched the BD version that somehow fixed everything.
I don't buy Part 4 not being that popular in Japan, it's not as popular as Part 3 but I'm pretty sure it's up there compared to the rest.
"Overall, Part 4 still has great animation and art"
I wouldn't describe it as great at all for the TV version, it's just meh to me and a clear drop in quality compared to the previous parts.
Nov 11, 2016 12:26 PM

Mar 2016
Great episode. Loved how Terunosoke's stand worked and how Yuya developed to mustered the courage to fight him. Also Josuke's Beatdown is definitely became one of my favorite Jojo Beatdowns.
Nov 11, 2016 12:32 PM

Nov 2016
Drake1000 said:

It looked like he was doing the Thriller coreography at some point.

I was pleasantly surprised by Yuya. Josuke is right, he is (a bit) cool.
Nov 11, 2016 12:36 PM

Sep 2013
Hobgoblin2099 said:
Akira kills Okuyasu's brother, steals a ton of stuff, tries to kill Joseph and Okuyasu, and only gets sent to jail.

Terunosuke kidnaps Josuke's mom, immediately sets her free, and gets turned into a book for the rest of his life.

Terunosuke also tried to kill Josuke, Koichi, and Yuya by putting them into a paper shredder, so, well....
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Nov 11, 2016 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
Lol. That poor guy has the same fate like Angelo. What's wrong with Josuke? He doesn't deserve this in the slightest.

Anyway as i said the episodes feel somewhat rushed after the "superfly introduction" episode. Not a fan of this.
Nov 11, 2016 12:46 PM

Jun 2014
That clean hit to the face from Josuke to Terunosuke was super satisfying. Glad to see that he's now out of the picture, now Rohan just needs to take care of is predicament.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 11, 2016 12:59 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode.Nice to see Yuya helping Josuke to beat Terunosuke,who was turned into a book by Crazy Diamond.Rohan now has Cheap Trick on his back and he is in grave danger.Next week the rest of Cheap Trick and after that finally AOBTD arc.
Nov 11, 2016 1:03 PM
Jul 2016
Drake1000 said:
ProJFURY said:

Yeah you clearly didn't watch the same episode as the rest of us, maybe you're from the future and you've watched the BD version that somehow fixed everything.
I don't buy Part 4 not being that popular in Japan, it's not as popular as Part 3 but I'm pretty sure it's up there compared to the rest.
"Overall, Part 4 still has great animation and art"
I wouldn't describe it as great at all for the TV version, it's just meh to me and a clear drop in quality compared to the previous parts.

Part 4 is definitely not has popular as Part 3. Japan loves Part 3 and Part 5. Part 4 being not as popular in Japan makes it so sponsors are less likely to support it and give it more money. In my opinion, at its best Part 4 has really nice art and animation and I would argue that its better than previous parts but that's just me. It's certainty isn't the worst, and it's certainly not deplorable. Whatever the case, DP is doing a great job nonetheless with what they have. I have no doubt that they will deliver with the last two arcs.
ProJFURYNov 11, 2016 1:06 PM
Nov 11, 2016 1:11 PM

Aug 2014
Episode was great, animation quality wasn't as bad as the episode where they first introduce killer queen and there were some cool scenes here and there.
This is one of the reasons of why I love part 4 the most, the stand ideas were so simple but so creative.

But still, I'm so curious about what happened to the taxi driver.
Nov 11, 2016 1:19 PM

Jun 2013
Paper guy turned out to be quite the challenge. Fungami saved the day even though he didn't want to get involved in any of this stuff. Lol that was some intense paper unfolding. Shit like this is one reason why I love this series. It's too damn absurd in many ways. And the paper guy ends up turning into a book. Good job, Josuke.

The architect ends up dying when Rohan sees his back because there was a stand with its own free will getting a piggyback ride. Now that stand is Rohan's. Can he control it? The stand said that no one could control him so can Rohan control him? He's telling Rohan to delete the pictures he took while trying to find out who Kira is. And Rohan has to get help fast otherwise the stand will annoy him to death lol.
Nov 11, 2016 2:05 PM

Jun 2010
Anticipation for the finale of DiU is rising exponentially with each passing week, can't take it!

It's fitting that Rohan gets possessed by Cheap Trick after pulling such a dirty one on its original user. At least he wasn't turned into a book however (JoJo loves its "fate worse than death" endings).
Nov 11, 2016 2:11 PM

Sep 2013
Yuya is top husbando
Nov 11, 2016 2:28 PM

May 2015
Yuya is actually quite cool. Love the fact that DiU's stand users don't have to remain enemies forever and not all of them have the same motivation compared to Stardust Crusaders "everyone wants Dio's dick and is evil".

Great Days is growing on me in a greato way.

Koichi sitting like a gangsta is the highlight of this episode.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Nov 11, 2016 2:28 PM

Feb 2013
Yuya was cool, he saved Josuke and Koichi.
Enigma is a book now, cool.
The Stand that is on Rohan's back is kinda weird, but it seems that if someone sees your back you're dead.
Nov 11, 2016 2:58 PM

Jul 2013
Well, they defeated Enigma for good and Yuya is confirmed to be a total bro. Love him a lot. The Enigma dude's punishment was satisfying and horrifying at the same time. He basically had Angelo's treatment.

Meanwhile, Rohan has his own problems with this Cheap Trick. Poor Kinoto though, he didn't deserved to die ;_;

And after the next episode we will start finally the
arc. And considering Kira cannot handle his murderous boner anymore, it will be sure intense...

RainyRai said:
Koichi sitting like a gangsta is the highlight of this episode.
I thought I was the only one who noticed that, lol.
Nov 11, 2016 4:27 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Cheap Trick is one annoying Stand for the User. LOL Rohan trying to shake him off.

Terunosuke should of listened to Josuke & ripped the piece of paper when he trapped him.
Yuya was cool this episode. Nice save. Josuke & Koichi showing off their cool poses.

LOL Terunosuke became a book. Never piss off a JoJo.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 11, 2016 4:29 PM

May 2014
I really do love it when Josuke gets mad...I can't believe he turned Terunosuke into a book. Josuke is unknowingly responsible for all these new "landmarks" and now there's a mysterious, talking book to add to the mix!

By far the most interesting parts of this episode were getting into Yuya's head a little more (I really wish he would've been introduced sooner) and ofc those little tidbits with Rohan. Seems like we'll be getting more of him next episode and hopefully some Kira and Jotaro as well! I can't wait!! Although poor Kinoto didn't deserve to die...ouch, Rohan your curiosity literally just killed a man.

Question is, who will reach Kira first...Josuke, Rohan or Jotaro?? My guess is that it might be Jotaro, but as an anime only, I'll hafta wait and see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2016 6:03 PM

Jul 2014
ShigyC said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:

Terunosuke also tried to kill Josuke, Koichi, and Yuya by putting them into a paper shredder, so, well....

Everyone tries to kill them, though. Including Yuya and Okuyasu.

Then again, Josuke said he'd take on the will of his police officer grandpa. It's only natural he'd want to 'book' Terunosuke.
Nov 11, 2016 6:32 PM
Sep 2015
whats the deal with cheap trick? if it has its own will, why does it bother following kira's dad's orders?
Nov 11, 2016 6:44 PM

Dec 2009
I absolutely loved this episode. I loved that Yuuya actually came through and saved Josuke and Koichi, this is absolutely the best season for side characters getting to shine.
Nov 11, 2016 6:45 PM

Jul 2014
-cream- said:
whats the deal with cheap trick? if it has its own will, why does it bother following kira's dad's orders?

Cheap Trick has its own will like Anubis, yes. Though while Anubis serves DIO out of respect, Cheap Trick just seems to be an asshole. Or maybe it's just grateful for life. We never get a solid reason.
Nov 11, 2016 6:55 PM

May 2012
I like Okuyasu, but honestly Yuya should take his place. In one episode he was more useful and smart.
Nov 11, 2016 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
I think what really makes the scene is how silent Koichi is during the whole thing.

Next ep we'll see Cheap Trick really live up to its name.
Nov 11, 2016 7:26 PM

Jul 2013
Jojo bizarre adventure: Budget is breakable

if they make the best part of the manga with this quality im done SHA is that saving grace of this entire part
Nov 11, 2016 8:01 PM

Dec 2013
Hobgoblin2099 said:
ShigyC said:

Everyone tries to kill them, though. Including Yuya and Okuyasu.

Then again, Josuke said he'd take on the will of his police officer grandpa. It's only natural he'd want to 'book' Terunosuke.

Yeah, but they all tried to kill them with HONOR.
Nov 11, 2016 8:37 PM
Sep 2016
Koichi and Josuke lookin like the type of niggas that will steal yo girl
Nov 11, 2016 9:26 PM

Oct 2011
Enigma became another morioh landmark
Nov 11, 2016 9:54 PM

Sep 2013
bleachjoj said:
I like Okuyasu, but honestly Yuya should take his place. In one episode he was more useful and smart.
Right? Would really like to see a good bit of more from, well...either of them
LeDom said:
Yeah, but they all tried to kill them with HONOR.
What do you mean?
ShigyCNov 11, 2016 9:57 PM
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Nov 11, 2016 10:09 PM
Sep 2015
i wish yuya were introduced way sooner to the part he wouldve made a great addition to the duwang gang
Nov 11, 2016 11:36 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Yuya Joins the party? Never expected that

Punch to the Enigma User's face sure was very satisfying to see

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 12, 2016 1:09 AM

Jul 2016
This has to be one of my favourite battles in the Jojo universe. Yuya mans up and pulls Josuke out of trouble. This isn't about two guys defeating an asshole, this is about a guy who earns his manliness and fights said asshole head on, and show that in a battle, one guy is the badass, and the other is the spineless pussy.
(It's Terunosuke. He's the pussy)

And plus, the battle is a visual masterpiece.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Nov 12, 2016 2:01 AM

Dec 2013
It's a pretty okay eps tbh
I really like that yuya is becoming a good guy, too bad he was introduced 2/3 to the story and didn't get the chance to be in the jojo gang. Honestly i'd love if he replaces koichi as the DiU trio
ProJFURY said:
Drake1000 said:

Someone link this guy to the recent poll where part 4 is like the top 3 most liked by japanese fans
SlowDancerNov 12, 2016 2:07 AM
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
Nov 12, 2016 4:32 AM

Jun 2013
damn Enigma is a strong stand and Yuya was actually pretty cool
Nov 12, 2016 5:53 AM

Mar 2008
Farenait said:
I heard that this episode, even though it was fire, was kind of a let down compared to the manga... Did they change anything? And if yes, what?

Also, how come that guy got turned into a book? Aside from being confusing it seemed pretty unfair if you think that Josuke isnt that cruel when it comes to enemies that havent done something unforgivable.

They're cutting edges, so some scenes were kinda condensed, like Yuya tracking Terunosuke. The most strange one is how they changed the outcome of Yuya's plan of turning himself into paper, seeing how he did that in manga so he could merge with the other papers at the same time Terunosuke was pulling him off.
OverkilledRedDec 9, 2016 11:58 PM

Nov 12, 2016 6:27 PM
Jul 2016
SlowDancer said:
It's a pretty okay eps tbh
I really like that yuya is becoming a good guy, too bad he was introduced 2/3 to the story and didn't get the chance to be in the jojo gang. Honestly i'd love if he replaces koichi as the DiU trio
ProJFURY said:

Someone link this guy to the recent poll where part 4 is like the top 3 most liked by japanese fans

It is? Well that's news to me. I guess the information I got was a little off. However, I bet that the parts in 2nd and 1st place are Parts 5 and 3. Part 3 still got a better budget that's for sure. I guess Parts 1 and 2 got a better budget so they could kickstart the new Jojo anime. I'm sorry if I sounded ruder than I intended to be.
Nov 12, 2016 8:32 PM

Jul 2016
Turning him into a book is so fucking awesome.

Don't mess with JoJo's mum...
Nov 13, 2016 3:54 AM

Sep 2016
What a convenient ability! With Enigma, you don’t need to check baggage nor do you need to have carport. I wonder what the taxi driver’s thinking when he’s trapped in the paper.

Definitely didn’t expect Yuya to help at the risk of his life. I guess even a street punk can have some golden spirit. Koichi’s pose was so damn cool after he’s released from the paper.

BTW, does Pepsi sponsor the anime?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

371 by Fenrir_01 »»
Mar 21, 6:46 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

117 by utopica »»
Jan 1, 12:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.