Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2016 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm this episode had a lot of Ren in it and I have to say, it's the episode that I've seen him being most serious.

Well at least they got the drama resolved. and managed to squeeze in a little music at the end.
Nov 5, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2007
Both duet song and drama collaboration? lol @ the one to work with is so spontaneous. He says that he's just honest. Serious competition on both the song and drama to get the girl. Underestimating Jinguuji was wrong because he was really good when serious.

Kabe-don fanservice. Adding ad-lib. Enemy stole her and confessed, but she rejected him over making music. The two that loves her but different approach. Passionate and direct song.

Next pair next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 5, 2016 10:44 AM
Oct 2016
Yessss this episode was so good. Finally back to the romance!
Nov 5, 2016 11:48 AM

Dec 2015
Ace Attorney Utapri style!

Ren in this episode is a far cry from Ren in the first season. He's really serious about things, and cares for Starish.

I liked that Ren said that Haruka's not a thing when Van proposes Haruka belong to the winner. Adding to his words about putting her happiness first, this episode has made me like Ren a lot more.

Also, a lot more Haruka this time than some of the previous episodes, which was nice. Let's not forget Haruka is supposed to be the protagonist...

The duet song this time was nice, but reminds me a lot of Ren's solo songs. I wish it had a slightly different sound to it.

Shameless plug: my MAL posts are usually much shorter than my reddit posts because I don't want to have one big post in the thread. If anyone's interested here's this episode's thread.
Nov 5, 2016 12:26 PM
Sep 2015
I take my hat off to Ren, for being the true gentleman he is.

Ren is best boy!! (for now) and needs more love.

YuckydiyuckNov 5, 2016 12:50 PM
Nov 5, 2016 1:57 PM

Jun 2014
My brain hurts so much after watching this episode. Safe to say that I didn't really like any of it, especially Van. Dude, you've met Haruka only once, and you're already professing your love for her? Chill, please.

Not to mention the fact that he wants Haruka to be HIS. And that HEAVENS wants Haruka to be THEIRS. As if that isn't creepy enough.

I did like the Ren line where he says Haruka isn't a toy (even though the writers now treat her like one), and the duet song's production was actually fairly nice, but I'm done with this season of Uta Pri. It's been a massive step backward to a meh third season, and it makes me sad considering that the first two seasons of this show actually had more positives than negatives.

There's also the abysmal animation this season, but I think I've already talked about that enough. Plus, I'm in the need for a QUARTET NIGHT cameo, so if that happens later on, I'll be happy to jump into that episode with no context beforehand on what happened in the previous episodes.

But it's clearly time to say goodbye to this series for me. I wish it did manage to get better, but it ended up not working out.

4/10
DazzlingAnime1Nov 5, 2016 5:36 PM
Nov 5, 2016 7:58 PM

Oct 2011
Ren Van episode ahhh
omg Ace attorney! !!!
Igi ari !!!!
Damn Lovely Eyes😍😍😍😍

I think masato duet next week then Natsuki then otoya
Nov 5, 2016 8:54 PM

Jul 2012
It was a decent episode, definitely better than the previous two. Van is a really interesting character, compared to the other three Heavens boys shown so far. He has dimension to his personality and he's actually forward with Haruka. Makes me wanna cheer him on.

The song is pretty good! Suwabe and Hidenori didn't disappoint. It lacks something but it's my second favourite duet so far, after Mighty Aura.

AnimeFan500 said:
I think masato duet next week then Natsuki then otoya
actually natsuki, then masato
Nov 6, 2016 6:25 AM

Nov 2014
DazzlingAnime1 said:
My brain hurts so much after watching this episode. Safe to say that I didn't really like any of it, especially Van. Dude, you've met Haruka only once, and you're already professing your love for her? Chill, please.

Not to mention the fact that he wants Haruka to be HIS. And that HEAVENS wants Haruka to be THEIRS. As if that isn't creepy enough.

I did like the Ren line where he says Haruka isn't a toy (even though the writers now treat her like one), and the duet song's production was actually fairly nice, but I'm done with this season of Uta Pri. It's been a massive step backward to a meh third season, and it makes me sad considering that the first two seasons of this show actually had more positives than negatives.

There's also the abysmal animation this season, but I think I've already talked about that enough. Plus, I'm in the need for a QUARTET NIGHT cameo, so if that happens later on, I'll be happy to jump into that episode with no context beforehand on what happened in the previous episodes.

But it's clearly time to say goodbye to this series for me. I wish it did manage to get better, but it ended up not working out.

4/10
Woah, woah, judging too quickly -.-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2016 7:08 AM

Jun 2014
TheOneOfSeven said:
DazzlingAnime1 said:

4/10

I personally wouldn't say that. Like I mentioned earlier, I've seen the past 3 seasons along with the OVA, so I know that this show can do better (at least for me anyway). I also adore Ranmaru Kurosaki from this series, so there's that as well.

I typically give shows I watch the halfway rule for the most part, formulating my overall opinion on a show to see if I want to continue watching it. There have been exceptions of course, but I wanted to give this season a chance since for me, the ending to Season 3 was underwhelming.

Yeah, my post did come across as a bit harsh (even I can admit that by rereading it), but I'm personally fed up with this season, which is why I can't continue it anymore. It's perfectly fine if you have a different opinion than I do, but that's just how I see things.
Nov 6, 2016 7:14 AM

Apr 2014
ooooh reeeeeeeeeeeen jinguji handsome elegant and passionate hahahha i love his voice suwabe junichi had a sensual and manly voice also of course he is a gentlemen ....hehehe waiting for natsuki....
Nov 6, 2016 10:29 AM

Nov 2014
DazzlingAnime1 said:
TheOneOfSeven said:

I personally wouldn't say that. Like I mentioned earlier, I've seen the past 3 seasons along with the OVA, so I know that this show can do better (at least for me anyway). I also adore Ranmaru Kurosaki from this series, so there's that as well.

I typically give shows I watch the halfway rule for the most part, formulating my overall opinion on a show to see if I want to continue watching it. There have been exceptions of course, but I wanted to give this season a chance since for me, the ending to Season 3 was underwhelming.

Yeah, my post did come across as a bit harsh (even I can admit that by rereading it), but I'm personally fed up with this season, which is why I can't continue it anymore. It's perfectly fine if you have a different opinion than I do, but that's just how I see things.
I agree with you, I have also seen the third other seasons and the OVA, I personally thought the third season was a bit weak, so when the 4th Season got announced, I decided to give it a chance, so I could understand HEAVENS a bit more, in the previous episode, it showed that Eiichi wasn't just an asshole, he cares for his group and acts like a brother to them, showing also he has a good heart too.

We have seen half of the season, I personally prefer to continue watching it, so it might get better or worse in the end, but then again, it's your choice if you are going to pick it up again or not ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2016 1:22 PM

Jun 2014
TheOneOfSeven said:
DazzlingAnime1 said:

I agree with you, I have also seen the third other seasons and the OVA, I personally thought the third season was a bit weak, so when the 4th Season got announced, I decided to give it a chance, so I could understand HEAVENS a bit more, in the previous episode, it showed that Eiichi wasn't just an asshole, he cares for his group and acts like a brother to them, showing also he has a good heart too.

We have seen half of the season, I personally prefer to continue watching it, so it might get better or worse in the end, but then again, it's your choice if you are going to pick it up again or not ^^

I agree with that HEAVENS development actually (though I wish more of the writers took that direction). But I honestly don't really care about HEAVENS, nor continuing this series. Like I said in my first post, I'll probably watch another episode or a snippet of it in QUARTET NIGHT returns, but I won't watch the rest of the series. The negatives are overtaking the positives for me.
Nov 7, 2016 11:42 PM

Nov 2012
ren with a ponytail is hot shit
that is all
Nov 8, 2016 11:36 PM
Nov 2016
I have to agree that this Season is really disappointing...I like that Haruka is finally getting some attention, because from the start almost the guys have been more obsessed with each other than her...

Gotta say though I loved Ren's overall attitude this whole episode <3 I found him wishy washy at the beginning (Season 1 I mean), but now he's earned so much of my respect!
Nov 10, 2016 6:32 AM

Dec 2008
So far this season has failed to make me giggle like a giddy school girl. I am disappointed.
Nov 11, 2016 10:53 AM

May 2010
I liked it, Van was hilarious with his squeeky voice, weird accent and silly attitude. And the way he looks! I totally dig his modern Aizen style <3 I think it's the first time hearing his seiyuu, but I kinda liked it, hopefully he gets more roles in the future.

Plot of the ep was stupid, sure, and of course everyone is still in love with Nanami (are there really no other decent girls besides her and their fans?), but I was surprised by how good the song was! I was never huge fan of Suwabe's singing voice for some reason, but this one was really catchy. Definitely will check out the full version of it in the future.
Nov 13, 2016 1:26 PM

Jul 2008
Damn, I didn't think I'd ever see an amazing UtaPri episode again, but this one was just that. Ren grew on me a lot this episode, he was so cool! And I'm glad the creators finally remembered that this anime is supposed to be about romance as well XD

The acting competition was intense :D I'm glad Ren stood up to the challenge.

Quality pick up line XD
Jan 9, 2017 7:54 PM

Apr 2016
This was my first time not finishing an episode in one sitting, lol!! I really don't like Van's character, unfortunately... When I re-watched Van and Ren's ad-lib in the court scene of their drama...you can definitely see how different these two are individually.

It's true that Ren could have confessed to Haruka much earlier if he wanted to, but he pays attention to what is going on in her life and places her happiness first, thus he refrained from confessing, which is really considerate! :) Van insists that he fell for Haruka from the beginning through her music...but he doesn't know enough about her. >< I'm glad Haruka turned down Van.

Ren and Van's voices don't sound bad together at all! :)

I like that little moment between Ren and Masato. When Masato noted, "You do everything so flawlessly, I've never seen you look so desperate before." It means something if even Ren's childhood friend notices his determination and hard work. <33 Ren's seriousness truly demonstrates his care for his team and Haruka. :)

I thought this episode was okay overall... Was Van's role only to provoke Ren and bring out the seriousness and gentlemanly nature in him?
Mar 13, 2017 1:13 PM

Feb 2015
this episode.... actually made me somewhat interested, which has never happened in my entirety of watching the series actually.

i know all the boys love haru but is jinguji the one "truly" in love? i dunno.

"She's not a thing!"
see van, that's why you don't really love haru. bye
Jun 26, 2017 4:57 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
So far this is the duet collab song I like the most.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 21, 2020 7:10 PM

Aug 2012
Woooow, an actual love confession! Geez, fucking finally! And just for that, I was really hoping Haruka would say yes, but obviously, she said no. Van and Haruka would be a great couple.

But honestly, YES Haruka! You don't need no man right now! Focus on your career and succeed.

The duet of this song is actually one of the best ones so far, and it fits Ren and Van really well.

Honestly, when Starish members say that they really love Haruka, as a love interest, I don't believe them. They're so fake to me lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

51 by senekohan »»
Oct 20, 2023 4:47 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

40 by HikariShoumeiron »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:49 AM

Poll: » [Poll] Uta no Prince-sama Legend Star favorite character.

Lyrel - Oct 30, 2016

11 by jesi2 »»
Dec 29, 2021 6:13 PM

» Will there be a 5th season of Uta no prince Sama?

Minjaeii - Dec 30, 2016

16 by jesi2 »»
Aug 10, 2021 3:27 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

33 by Liaeves »»
Aug 21, 2020 11:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.