Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 29, 2016 3:40 AM
Jul 2014
Stigmata, wanted to save humanity but was betrayed, healing powers.......

Black King's identity seems too obvious and has to be a red herring, right?
Oct 29, 2016 3:40 AM
May 2016
Seems like it has more comedy on this episode.
Looking forward for their ambush on the next episode.
Oct 29, 2016 7:50 AM

Nov 2009
This was a necessary episode no matter how you look at it (all of the info galore). And I don't know, time passes so fast for me whenever I watch each episode. It's still going well and I hope it won't disappoint.
A really good series.
Oct 29, 2016 7:56 AM

Nov 2015
The comedy doesn't work they should stop.

Oct 29, 2016 8:22 AM
May 2013
why they bother to keep secret black king identity when it obviously jesus when you see the scar on his hand

or maybe there will be twist on his real identity
Oct 29, 2016 8:43 AM

Jun 2013
LOL!!! Love how Murasaki stole fire from EASY's Monologue!!! XD Her Cool Moment lost it's coolness!!!
"Best way deal with BAD GUYS Monologue? Simply not be there!" XD

....Have to admit...Octobrist Organization....was freaking Naive in their preparations against BK and Ends...SImply going to ask Lords to give their troops to War? Was NOT Going to happen until World would be on Brink of Destruction. They should have at least Train their Own Troops and Army and then start Preparing to gathering the Drifters.

Lol...Manipulator Nobunaga starts his moves. Going to defeat Ends but same time...CONQUER THE WORLD!!! XD and Toyohisa as Leader!...and Puppet Master behind the Throne? Nobunaga...Have to say tough...not going to work! XD And..he really tries make himself to be evil...even if he currently is not! XD

Black King...is freaking powerful...
JarjaxleOct 29, 2016 8:48 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Oct 29, 2016 8:45 AM

Jun 2013
Dicky1 said:
why they bother to keep secret black king identity when it obviously jesus when you see the scar on his hand

or maybe there will be twist on his real identity

~Last Paragraph...Yes...it might be Jesus, but until it is confirmed it is not a fact. Author might be screwing with us.

Low_Ki said:

Until it is confirmed...took it with Salt! XD

Fai said:
Black King's identity seems to be friggin obvious considering what he did this episode and what he said this episode(not to mention visual cues).

Strawberrycake48 said:
That cliffhanger ;_;

I knew all the Ends hating the world would make sense- I mean I can't really blame Joan of Arc and Hijikata for that tbh. Also had my suspicions about the Black Lord dude either being Hitler or Jesus...the marks of stigmata do indeed confirm that it's Jesus.
!

It also can be that Hirano-Sensei is just screwing with us...and as for Hitler....well with no Spoilers...I just say...what this series to end! XD
JarjaxleOct 29, 2016 8:56 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Oct 29, 2016 8:52 AM

Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Olminu got more screentime :D, quite an underrated character.

...Weeellllll.....*Grin* I am somewhat expecting that you have read Manga, so I don't have to say anything about her and her
;D

Oct 29, 2016 9:38 AM

Dec 2007
TheTsunami said:
Jesus didn't handle rejection very well.
There seems to be a bit of a theme to the ends: those who served their people (or masters) only to be betrayed by them:
Jeanne d'Arc, an ardent Catholic, was tried and convicted by a religious court supposedly following Catholic law, but almost every right she had under that law was violated because it would have been impossible to convict her otherwise.
Grigori Rasputin was murdered by the royal family he was serving.
Anastasia was murdered by her subjects as a result of the Russian Revolution.
Akechi Mitsuhide felt betrayed by Nobunaga after the latter indirectly and unrepentantly caused the murder of a family member, which is what led to his betrayal and eventual death.
Gilles de Rais is a little more complicated, but his family did set the equivalent of a restraining order against him selling property (he was a profligate spender), and there have been persistent rumors that he was set up in the child murder case, a charge lent some credence by who got his estate after he died (his lord).

Jesus, obviously, follows this as well, and can be interpreted to have suffered the ultimate rejection and betrayal by those he tried to help.
Oct 29, 2016 10:40 AM
Aug 2015
I liked it. This anime sure looks promising. Anybody knows how many episodes it will have? Or is it now revealed yet? Any guesses?
Oct 29, 2016 10:42 AM
Mar 2016

Whoahohoooo, Oda you perverted old man.

So somebody is saying that the Black kind is Jesus? If so the the Vatican ought sue the shit out of this anime /manga original creator.
Oct 29, 2016 11:39 AM

Apr 2016
why do i feel like i watched this in the second episode
Oct 29, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2007
Whoahoho said:

So somebody is saying that the Black kind is Jesus? If so the the Vatican ought sue the shit out of this anime /manga original creator.

Why?

Hebrew mythology is public domain. The character itself has been used countless of times in the media both japanese and western. There's literally a comic about Jesus kungfu fighting nazis.
Oct 29, 2016 2:27 PM

May 2015
maaan the comdy is so unfunny.

is it jesus? D:
Oct 29, 2016 2:45 PM

Jun 2015
I strongly believe the Black King is Jesus. There are obvious signs like the hole in the hand and healing that ogre just by touching it. As for the rest of the episode, the comedy was great. There was a lot more than usual, but I still liked it. I laughed a couple times. The trio have great chemistry. Looking forward on what they plan to do to take over the state.
Oct 29, 2016 2:49 PM

May 2015
I liked the transition from drifters to ends but the lacks of beard from Rasputin is the most disappointing thing ever 1/5
/s
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2016 4:23 PM

Oct 2011
Black king is Jesus omfg
Oct 29, 2016 4:23 PM

Oct 2011
Black king is Jesus omfg
Oct 29, 2016 4:52 PM

May 2016
Ohh boy this anime is so good. Very funny + cool action settING.
Oct 29, 2016 4:55 PM

May 2013
i loved the comedy, less action this episode but i enjoyed it
Oct 29, 2016 5:08 PM

Oct 2015
This is getting really good, but i hope the build-up ends soon. Those that complain about the comedy might as well just drop it, the tones been set already. Although the comedy is Hit-or-miss, it has it good moments. Also the Black king is obviously Jesus

Oda's my fav char, how can you not love this face?
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Oct 29, 2016 5:15 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Ugh an episode full of awful comedies. Worst episode so far

It would be great if Black King is really Jesus

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 29, 2016 6:15 PM

Jun 2015
Yoichi remains the best !
I was afraid that humour would be a little off but it kind of worked in this episode !
Oct 29, 2016 6:23 PM

May 2015
Black King Hitler or Jesus? The comedy though I liked it but Its going overboard its not being balanced between the seriousness of the story.

THIS ALSO:
zurgboy00Oct 29, 2016 9:18 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2016 8:43 PM
Jul 2012
I could be wrong, but I totally think the dark king is jesus.
Oct 29, 2016 9:30 PM

Jan 2014
10/10

Yoichi and his brotha are so cute.

I really find Oda Nobunaga interesting especially his interaction with Shimazu.
Oct 30, 2016 1:01 AM

Jul 2011
Oda, hands off Olmine! =_=

But maaan, this series is so GAR I love it. <3
Oct 30, 2016 4:12 AM

Jan 2009
my GOD those visuals were to my liking.

Liking the build-up as well. Hyped for some good action.
Oct 30, 2016 5:32 AM

Jan 2016
FUUUUUUUCK the 3 word i hate the most just showed up!! Grrrrrr when i finally manage to catch up with this and this happens .. aaah amazing episode and thrilled for the next episode
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 30, 2016 3:07 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
BenedictusT said:
So the Black King is Jesus himself. Holy Shit.

Amen. the same opinion!!!!!
Oct 30, 2016 3:25 PM

Jun 2016
Becoming my favorite of the fall season, the comedy is hilarious and the action scenes are really cool. Can't wait for next episodes battle.
Oct 30, 2016 3:52 PM

Dec 2012
Good buildup episode, the last scene hyped me a lot. I laughed several times in these episodes, it's weird because I disliked the humor in Hellsing. May be Hellsing was too dark, idk
Oct 30, 2016 4:16 PM

Aug 2015
-Holes in his hands
-I want to save the humans, but they refuse/reject me.

The Black King is Jesus, I love it.

Next episode seems pretty hype and gory, the anime is doing pretty well between the action and the calm.
Also Yoichi and Olminu are waifus.
Oct 30, 2016 6:34 PM

Oct 2013
Yoichi's got a nice round butt.

And I really love the ED.
Oct 31, 2016 6:01 PM

Feb 2015
Wow, the thing with this anime is that I don't like comedy too much, but is getting pretty serious. And now with the guesses that Dark King is Jesus this is gonna get fucking amazing.
Oct 31, 2016 11:53 PM

Mar 2014
The comedy is so fucking horrible, I can't even fathom to fathom why the creators fathomed that should be included. Jesus, this is just disgusting.

Nobunaga's so cringingly terrible.
Nov 1, 2016 5:39 AM
Feb 2016
Oda Nobunaga though >v< All these characters that seemed to be the evil guy back in their countries turned into an approachable hilarious people when being together. Can't wait to see how the battle turns out!!
Nov 1, 2016 5:46 PM

Dec 2013
Too much meh comedy in this episode.

It's going to be funny if the black king really is Jesus. His hands look like they have holes in them lmao
Nov 2, 2016 11:57 PM

Mar 2014
It is episode 4 and I have only now found out that Yoichi is a guy.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Nov 3, 2016 9:27 AM

Sep 2013
The dialogue drags on too much here, it's honestly a boring watch without the jackass combat.
Nov 3, 2016 1:29 PM

Mar 2009
zurgboy00 said:
Black King Hitler or Jesus? The comedy though I liked it but Its going overboard its not being balanced between the seriousness of the story.

THIS ALSO:

lol Well, that pretty much confirms it. As if it weren't obvious enough...
Nov 3, 2016 3:14 PM

Aug 2012
thebrentinator24 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Black King is Jesus, all of the Ends seem to be historical figures that were wrongly and/or prematurely killed, and Jesus is definitely considered one of the prime examples of that.

At this point I'm not even going to complain about the comedy anymore, I'll just sound like a broken record. It was a bit more fitting in this episode because there wasn't much going on, but I still didn't care for it.
wow people keep repeating this stupid theory. I mean I would expect it from japanese s they have little to no idea of western culture. Also Rasputin was not killed unjustly. He was a maniac that tried to rule Russia by making fake miracles. Both him and Joahne D'arc where demonically possessed. If they go that way it would be a huge scandal.
Nov 3, 2016 3:15 PM

Aug 2012
Low_Ki said:

but Jesus dying was part of the plan. I mean he could not beat death and resurrect without dying.
Nov 3, 2016 3:37 PM

Aug 2012
ErwinJA said:
TheTsunami said:
Jesus didn't handle rejection very well.
There seems to be a bit of a theme to the ends: those who served their people (or masters) only to be betrayed by them:
Jeanne d'Arc, an ardent Catholic, was tried and convicted by a religious court supposedly following Catholic law, but almost every right she had under that law was violated because it would have been impossible to convict her otherwise.
Grigori Rasputin was murdered by the royal family he was serving.
Anastasia was murdered by her subjects as a result of the Russian Revolution.
Akechi Mitsuhide felt betrayed by Nobunaga after the latter indirectly and unrepentantly caused the murder of a family member, which is what led to his betrayal and eventual death.
Gilles de Rais is a little more complicated, but his family did set the equivalent of a restraining order against him selling property (he was a profligate spender), and there have been persistent rumors that he was set up in the child murder case, a charge lent some credence by who got his estate after he died (his lord).

Jesus, obviously, follows this as well, and can be interpreted to have suffered the ultimate rejection and betrayal by those he tried to help.

Jeanne d'Arc was deceived by demons pretending to be angels of light.
Grigori Rasputin was a lecherous drunkard that tried to manipulate and control the royal family.
Anastasia Romanov was the victim of a civil war and manipulated by Rasputin
Akechi Mitsuhide was an opportunist truing a coup d'etat and failing
Gilles de Rais was a maniac executat for multiple murders rapes and many others; he was a friend of Jeanne so things do link together as they are all either evil people or people that blindly follow those evil people. Neither of them served their people.

Why would Jesus be grouped with these guys? Makes no sense.
Nov 3, 2016 3:42 PM

Jun 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
thebrentinator24 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Black King is Jesus, all of the Ends seem to be historical figures that were wrongly and/or prematurely killed, and Jesus is definitely considered one of the prime examples of that.

At this point I'm not even going to complain about the comedy anymore, I'll just sound like a broken record. It was a bit more fitting in this episode because there wasn't much going on, but I still didn't care for it.
wow people keep repeating this stupid theory. I mean I would expect it from japanese s they have little to no idea of western culture. Also Rasputin was not killed unjustly. He was a maniac that tried to rule Russia by making fake miracles. Both him and Joahne D'arc where demonically possessed. If they go that way it would be a huge scandal.

I wasn't going to respond to this, but I changed my mind because I would like to thank you. Out of all the comments above my original one that said the literal same thing about the "Black King = Jesus" theory, thank you for choosing MINE to respond to, almost an entire week after I posted it, at which point I no longer care about (or even remember, for that matter) what I originally wrote.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 3, 2016 7:32 PM
Jul 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Low_Ki said:

but Jesus dying was part of the plan. I mean he could not beat death and resurrect without dying.

Not the first time anime/manga has taken liberties with retelling religion. While Evangelion, D-Gray Man and Fate are the most popular it's a very common thing. Though when I reflect, it's kinda funny that the most hilariously offensive version I've seen was from a western comic aka Preacher.
Nov 3, 2016 9:39 PM

Jul 2015
I actually thought this episode was one of the best of so far, maybe it's because the comedy wasn't completely god awful this time.
Nov 4, 2016 12:17 AM
Oct 2010
Low_Ki said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, no way it is who I think they are implying it is.
Nov 4, 2016 1:42 AM

Aug 2012
Low_Ki said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Not the first time anime/manga has taken liberties with retelling religion. While Evangelion, D-Gray Man and Fate are the most popular it's a very common thing. Though when I reflect, it's kinda funny that the most hilariously offensive version I've seen was from a western comic aka Preacher.
Low_Ki said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Evangelion is considered one of the worse anime of all time although it had plenty of followers at the time. Fate is more about the Grail myth with has little to nothing to do with christianity and more with druidism. D'Gray is about exorcisms. And there is a big difference. Because it isn't retelling religion but is trying to change the core of christianity. And keeping details from the Biblical account shows it is explicitely directed at that. The core of christianity is Jesus's willing death and resurrection. If that did not happen then christianity is nothing more than madness.
Nov 4, 2016 1:44 AM

Aug 2012
thebrentinator24 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I wasn't going to respond to this, but I changed my mind because I would like to thank you. Out of all the comments above my original one that said the literal same thing about the "Black King = Jesus" theory, thank you for choosing MINE to respond to, almost an entire week after I posted it, at which point I no longer care about (or even remember, for that matter) what I originally wrote.
I answered your comment because of this piece of sentence " Ends seem to be historical figures that were wrongly and/or prematurely killed" which is false.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Drifters Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

205 by nick_el_son »»
Jan 19, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

167 by JackFrost1267 »»
Jan 3, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

119 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 16, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

81 by fathandz »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.