Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 27, 2016 4:25 AM

Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sad to see Serena going but OMG She kisses Ash and it isn't a friendly kiss on the cheeks.
Hands down to one of the best Pokemon series and it got one of the best villain arc.
kaitonicOct 27, 2016 5:10 AM
Oct 27, 2016 5:06 AM

Oct 2014
It's an end to an era. Hands down the best Pokemon anime series since DP and in my opinion the best series ever. Sure it had it's ups and downs, it wasn't perfect but it damn well made me hyped to keep tuned in unlike past series.

Sun/Moon is different, yes, however it looks a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to ti!

XY gang was the best and I'll miss em'.

Still got 2 specials to go till it's over though.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Oct 27, 2016 5:39 AM

Aug 2015
That kiss though wow
Oct 27, 2016 7:16 AM

Oct 2009
I can die a happy woman now.

Oct 27, 2016 7:21 AM

Mar 2011
Ladies and gentlemen, it was an honor to follow this series with you.
This was a fun ride....
Serena kissed him, holy shit, I didn't see it coming since I pretty much stopped expecting they could put more amour, but it happened, and I'm pretty satisfied.
I'll miss them all, frankly I really enjoyed this series, more than previous seasons.
Oct 27, 2016 7:40 AM

Aug 2015
A quick reminder that a kiss on the cheek in a Pokemon anime (be it movie or TV series) will always be shown, such as Melody's and Bianca's/Latias' kisses to Ash in Revelation Lugia and Pokemon Heroes. So...

Despite not something I've expected from her, I'm satisfied with her action there as well as Ash's reaction too.

Oct 27, 2016 7:50 AM

Jan 2015
He didn't win the leauge but he won a KISS
Oct 27, 2016 9:27 AM

Jan 2015
Holy jesus man, that episode was AMAZING.

I didn't expect the kiss, that's more than awesome.

The main thing I get from this is that Serena is coming back sooner or later. Be it on a special episode or two, or at the end of the overall series, but she'll be reunited with him.

It looks like, for me at least, that Ash accepts Serena feelings. He is shortly surprised, then his eyes shine, and then he smiles, seemingly very happy for what happened. Serena action and both their reactions were very nice, really telling.

Well, I guess Amourshipping is kinda canon now right? I'm already excited for the end of the Pokémon Series, the possibility for a Ash-Serena happy romantic ending is really big now.

What do you guys think? Ash liked it, accepted her feelings? Is she coming back anywhere in the future?
Oct 27, 2016 9:41 AM

Aug 2016
thiagopv said:

The main thing I get from this is that Serena is coming back sooner or later. Be it on a special episode or two, or at the end of the overall series, but she'll be reunited with him.

It looks like, for me at least, that Ash accepts Serena feelings. He is shortly surprised, then his eyes shine, and then he smiles, seemingly very happy for what happened. Serena action and both their reactions were very nice, really telling.

Well, I guess Amourshipping is kinda canon now right? I'm already excited for the end of the Pokémon Series, the possibility for a Ash-Serena happy romantic ending is really big now.

What do you guys think? Ash liked it, accepted her feelings? Is she coming back anywhere in the future?

I don't think that the kiss means somthing special, it's probably just a "thank you" to the fans.
Oct 27, 2016 9:42 AM

Mar 2013
I came here coz on SNS, I saw a video of Serena kissing Ash.
Holy shit. Nice.
Oct 27, 2016 9:51 AM

Aug 2016
Overall i'm happy that the kiss happend but it's such a bittersweet feeling. Next season Ashe goes to school and will forget yet again everything that happend.

S/M anime looks fun however i wish for once they would not destroy everything they build up.
Oct 27, 2016 9:53 AM

Jul 2008
Thus ends XYZ, Man what a great arc it was. Sure, some story decisions will not be mentioned ever again but nothing was as worse as the supposed Unova league.

Small nod towards Sun and moon with a Solrock and Lunastone was given.
Gekkouga retuned to his base form, Alain finally told us why he wasnt wearing his keystone anymore.

thiagopv said:

Not really, Eureka and Citron were the ones all O-O''
Ash just took it and waved back, nothing he said dismissed her advancements but he also didnt run towards her in an all dramatic romance scene (though this is Pokemon). As expected its unconcluded.

Heck i'm more worried about the precence of a FUCKING BATTLEFIELD near the AIRPORT. I mean geez, one fly bye Hyperbeam and engine 3 & 4 are down lol.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Oct 27, 2016 11:00 AM

May 2009
What an amazing finale of an amazing arc, XYZ truly became legend among the pokémon community. On to Alola, I am excited!
Oct 27, 2016 11:12 AM

Jan 2016
Ok this was amazing! An almost perfect finale! Hands down the best Pokemon Serie after Diamond and Pearl. I kinda feelt emotional at the end i usually dont feel that way about animes (ok, about pokemon i do!)

Ash vs Clemont was so well done and it really feelt like "This is where it started and this is were it will end".

The only part i hated about this episode was....................................................... brace for impact!

Honestly her crush on Ash ruined alot of Serena's potential as a character for me. I am a Pearlshipper (AshxDawn is my OTP) but at the begining amour was actually really cute. But it also got in the way of Serena's development. It took her 40+ episodes to catch her first Pokemon. All she would do at first was blush at everything Satoshi would say.

Later on she did become a enjoyable character but still her crush on Satoshi was not really needed for her to character. Also the amourshipping fanbase was pure cancer so that might have been a reason to why i couldn't enjoy Serena as much as i should have.

That's pretty much the only downside to XY. The region was great, Ash's team was amazing and the traveling companions were beyond good!

So here is how i would rank all of the series so far.

1. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
2. Pokemon XYZ
3. Pokemon OG
4. Pokemon Advance
5. Pokemon Black and White

I dont hate any of the Pokemon series (ok maybe bw) so this is not meant to piss of genwunners or Advance likers. I love both of them but the ones above are just in my eyes better
Oct 27, 2016 12:38 PM

Aug 2014
And just when none had any hopes for amourshipping, suddenly, BOOOM! SERENA GOES AND KISSES ASH!! HOLLY SHIT. I CAN'T EVEN BELIVE IT. LIKE, I WAS FANBOYING CRAZY AT THAT. THIS IS AMAZING!
Oct 27, 2016 1:03 PM

Sep 2011
Well, he may not have won the league, but he won a kiss (hopefully).
Oct 27, 2016 1:34 PM

Apr 2009
Congratulations, Ash.

You got your real first kiss from best girl Serena.

Melody and Latias are just a kiss on his cheek. But Serena, a kiss to his lips.

Well done, Serena.
Oct 27, 2016 2:15 PM

Mar 2012
My gosh! =D I can't believe the writers actually managed to pull it off for all the Amourshippers have been wanting to see since I had very low expectations prior to the final XYZ episode. They weren't kidding about the surprise on this final episode. I'm so glad to see Serena giving Ash a lovely kiss.

Lol at Clemont, Bonnie and Pikachu's reaction. xd

Ash may have lost the Kalos League, but he already has won the heart of the best girl, Serena.

Farewell XY. Best anime saga of the Pokemon franchise.

Credit to Hihanteki
Oct 27, 2016 2:29 PM

Mar 2013
What a great ending. Don't remember the last time the farewell made me sad, I'm gonna miss Eureka so much (T_T)
Props to Serena for the kiss. Even tough I'm not a shipper it was cute.
Overall, XY anime was a step into the good direcion after the disaster (IMO) that was BW (well it's wasn't that horrible but you know what I mean).
I'm still mad that Satoshi loses the league but it was still a very good season.
TanmaOct 27, 2016 2:37 PM
Oct 27, 2016 3:38 PM

Jan 2016
The immortal boy didn't win a league but he won a kiss... A KISS!! Take that Misty The reactions of Pikachu, Clemont, Eureka and Dedenne were priceless!

XY&Z had everything BW should have had, maybe Ash didn't win the league but in exchange we got a much better persona of him, we'll miss this in Sun & Moon which is clearly more comedy-oriented. But who knows, it may surprise us.

This is the end, my friends... The last episodes are about the legends of the Kalos region, something not new at all if you watched the movies.

See you in Sun & Moon!
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 27, 2016 4:48 PM

Dec 2013
The flight Serena was going to board was H71 Latias. In the Hoenn pokedex (H71) is Mawile which also mean Kucheet (クチート) in Japanese name which if you translate クチ to kanji it becomes 口 mouth and the ート means - to. Which all stands for "with the mouth" or "to mouth" if you do a slight translation. This is not a coincidence and purposely done brilliantly by the writers. The kiss Serena did was to the mouth.

Hands down the best pokemon series ever.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Oct 27, 2016 9:29 PM
Dec 2014
THE KISSSSS THOUUUUUUGH!!!! ASH'S VERY FIRST KISS EVER!!!!! I CAN NOW DIE PEACEFULLY. I'm freaking out, sorry~
Oct 27, 2016 9:39 PM

Jan 2015
Is there any subbed version out there?
Oct 27, 2016 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
Best season of the pokemon series --ever!!!--

Looks like the last two ep will be filler :(

Oh cant wait for episode 49!!(maybe they could show up ash again there!)
Oct 27, 2016 10:42 PM
Jan 2011
RKarim69f117 said:

This is the last episode.

This episode tied up all the lose ends I suppose, was pretty satisfying. Even more would be if they showed Ashe's reunion with all his old pokemon. I seriously hate how each season Ash just ditches his old pokemon and it's like most of them are forgotten.

Not looking forward to Sun&Moon because I doubt it'll match up to xy&z where Ash and all his friends seemed mature for once. Next season seems like a step in the wrong direction as he'll be going to school...
Oct 27, 2016 10:44 PM

Apr 2015
Where you guys watch this episode?? Eng sub??
Oct 27, 2016 11:00 PM
Dec 2014
eien_kiseki said:
RKarim69f117 said:

This is the last episode.

This episode tied up all the lose ends I suppose, was pretty satisfying. Even more would be if they showed Ashe's reunion with all his old pokemon. I seriously hate how each season Ash just ditches his old pokemon and it's like most of them are forgotten.

Not looking forward to Sun&Moon because I doubt it'll match up to xy&z where Ash and all his friends seemed mature for once. Next season seems like a step in the wrong direction as he'll be going to school...

Man, I want them to make him grow!! Even if it ends up being a bit bizarre now that so many seasons have passed without his growing.
Oct 28, 2016 12:38 AM

Jun 2013
Holy shit our wish came true, she actually fucking kissed him.

What a series, easily the best season ever of pokemon, no question about it.
Oct 28, 2016 12:41 AM

Sep 2008
ETX said:
It's an end to an era. Hands down the best Pokemon anime series since DP and in my opinion the best series ever. Sure it had it's ups and downs, it wasn't perfect but it damn well made me hyped to keep tuned in unlike past series.
Charizard, infernape, and now greninja, those 3 pokemons with their uniques stories made the pokemon generation at their time shine, the times when ash /satoshi finally grew up, its a shame that this epic journey came to an end, but oh well, time to try to hold up my urges to trow up at the new animation, i mean..it can't be as bad as B/W story(ignoring the N part)...i hope XD

hmm its funny cuz, BW & B2W2 were awesome games but meh anime, while xyz were meh games with great animes (DP had amazing games and anime tou XD)

Fled said:
THE KISSSSS THOUUUUUUGH!!!! ASH'S VERY FIRST KISS EVER!!!!! I CAN NOW DIE PEACEFULLY. I'm freaking out, sorry~

i kinda hopped it happened, but was 99% it wasnt going to happen, i'm so glad i was wrong ◕u◕
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 28, 2016 2:19 AM

Aug 2016
Oh, I had much lower expectations for the Serena and Ash goodbye. I thought it was gonna be like DP all over again. I was only 9 at the time that ended but I still cried, only realising years later on how cruel it was. So these lower expectations actually made it way sweeter!

Tbh, her remark about being a more attractive woman was enough for me, then the KISS! I absolutely lost it! I legitimately thought she was gonna go for a high-five and if we were lucky, a hug. Nowhere near expecting a kiss. I really hope she returns for Alola and I'm also looking forward to her special, maybe showing the return of the contests or a little sneak peek of them.

Citron and Eureka's goodbye was also quite good. Have to admit, I was more sad at the goodbye speech by Eureka but eh, they were both good. The pokemon saying goodbye was quite sweet too, references to the past like Nymphia(when she was an eevee) and Horubee's little relationship which I always thought was a sweet one. Who knows, maybe he'll end up back with that Mimirol he met a while back.

All in all, a fabulous episode and a very fitting and satisfying end to one of the best Pokemon series I have ever seen! Now to the specials!
Forever wishing for an unrealistic Anime romance.
Oct 28, 2016 9:23 AM
Oct 2016
Omg!!!Perfect episode! I love it!!! I'm so sad becouse Serena didn't goes to Alola, but i'm glad she kissed Ash!!!😍
Oct 28, 2016 12:25 PM

Dec 2014
I'll miss the pokemon as much as the human crew, especially Clemont's Chespin.
Oct 28, 2016 12:48 PM

Jul 2008
michaelh19 said:
Where you guys watch this episode?? Eng sub??
Most of the early guys pick this up raw through live casting or a raw upload. That is also why the comments usually come in waves; Raw > Youtube sub(crappy) > The big translator team > english dub.

Anyway, to make it easy and to not send links out, just go to Youtube. Pokemon Generations get uploaded there aswell through the official channel. Episode previews can be watched at TvTokyo's official channel. Seriously not hard to find them there.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Oct 28, 2016 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
I think serena didnt kissed ash---that was something that might reveal to us in future...--

I believe she said something secret~that caused her blushed her out.
Oct 28, 2016 7:23 PM

Jul 2015
You know what? This particular episode felt like an autentic series finale. Ash coming back to his house, all of his friends seeking for their own dream, that cliché yet emotive recap...and that inusual message at the very end (although I haven't watched any other season finale...is this the first time we've seen something like this?)
If you ask me, I would be okay if the whole series ends with this episode, it was decent...but we all know that's not true :(

What else can I say...it's always sad to say goodbye, but in the end, it's just a "see you later". I liked how mature Bonnie's speech was, we all reach a certain point in our lives where we have to follow our own paths, but there's always gonna be some good friends which we can rely on and vice versa.

And the kiss of course, literally everybody is talking about that. It was pretty obvious though, and I liked it. At the same time it felt kinda sad, something WAY too similar happened to me many years ago in an also similar context...but with a different result (yes, I still can't get over it :'< ).
Those reactions btw were priceless holy shit.

I'm sure gonna miss XY/XYZ. Definitely my favourite seasons.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Oct 28, 2016 9:27 PM

Sep 2016
And so ends the Kalos saga of the Pokemon anime. Honestly, this was the best series in the Pokemon anime since Diamond and Pearl. Heck, i'd argue it's better than Diamond and Pearl. And the kiss though. After the bullshit that had happened in the Kalos League Finals, i pretty much lost hope for Amourshipping but that ship came true and that makes me happy. I have a feeling we will see Serena again, one day. The recap at the end made me cry.

Sun&Moon will be here soon. Each time i see the previews, it grows on me. Who knows, maybe it will turn up good. It's not gonna be as good as XY/XY&Z but I hope Sun&Moon will be enjoyable.

Also, just want to point out but during the montage scene that was showing what each of the rivals were doing, the only characters that didn't show up were Serena's rivals besides Shauna. I find that hilarious.
Oct 28, 2016 10:26 PM

Dec 2011
RKarim69f117 said:
I think serena didnt kissed ash---that was something that might reveal to us in future...--

Then explain the others Clemont, Bonnie and Pikachu being all red.
Oct 28, 2016 11:51 PM

Jun 2011
kaitonic said:
RKarim69f117 said:

Then explain the others Clemont, Bonnie and Pikachu being all red.

Episode got translated now and it's pretty clear she kissed Ash. Just b4 she kissed Ash. She asked him if she could have one last thing.
Oct 29, 2016 1:11 AM

Apr 2015
Is this the first time ash returns to pallet town at night? He's team moon
Oct 29, 2016 7:29 AM

Mar 2015
Best kiss in anime history.
Oct 29, 2016 9:32 AM
Oct 2016
I actually cried on kissing and going home
Oct 29, 2016 2:40 PM

May 2009
poticardo said:
Best kiss in anime history.

Basically this yea.
Oct 30, 2016 1:26 AM

Aug 2008
XYZ has the best girl and best rival. Best Pokemon season? Yes , perhaps so.

Serena better come back in the future.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 30, 2016 12:33 PM

Apr 2009
blitzsparkz said:
Is this the first time ash returns to pallet town at night? He's team moon

Well, the distance from Kalos to Kanto is very far which is understandable that he arrived to Kanto at night.
Nov 3, 2016 4:21 PM

Mar 2014
I was pretty sure that was missing 2 episodes more before finishing the anime (48 & 49) but well, they are not about Ash anymore so fine if MAL cut them from the list. So is better talk now bout the series in general:

This is one of the best pokemon seasons ever (only would be perfect if Ash won the league but well top 2 is a super improvement over his habitual top 8/16s). Awesome battles, Amourshipping sails itself, great villain arc, we got Brock in form of Chespin xD, and awesome opening. Blame Alain, he is getting the good stuff (like the cup self!) without being punished by his team flare contributions, well at least was great that battle vs Ash.

9/10
Nov 5, 2016 5:13 AM

Aug 2015
Zapredon said:
XYZ has the best girl and best rival. Best Pokemon season? Yes , perhaps so.

Serena better come back in the future.

Yeah. Serena's already too relevant in Satoshi's/Ash's story the moment she has been announced before XY series aired. She's hard to be removed from his story honestly, considering her personality. Also, Satoshi and Serena reminded me of this couple from the Major series more than their Pokemon Adventures manga counterparts Red and Yellow for some reasons (eye colors for the aesthetic one, Satoshi's eye color was changed from black to brown by the time of Best Wishes series and Serena (anime)'s eye color was blue compared to her game counterpart which has gray as her eye color):

For now, instead of just the usual things that the Pokemon Sun and Moon animated series are going to showcase coming from the games (Island Challenges, Aether Foundation, Team Skull, Z-Moves, Alolan Pokemon, etc.), I honestly hope for anything that focused on Satoshi's story itself more than anything i.e. the mechanics of the games. I felt like he's a self-insert character for the most part just because TPC wanted to do so, until his backstories are shown in XY (the ones with Serena and with himself, although those could add something more than what they shown). It has been his ninth region he's traveling now with his Pikachu (including anime-only Orange Region and Decolora Region; ten if one counted the revisited Kanto Region during AG series' Battle Frontier arc) so I hope for more from him here on. Not that Pokemon animated series will be going to be one of my favorite anime (in fact, it is far from being one obviously for many flaws), but I hope for something different.
Frankies_MonsterNov 7, 2016 10:15 PM

Nov 5, 2016 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
Sadly this was our last episode of XYZ....this is too sad enough and looks like we had an emotional experience while watching this.Well I really will miss Pokemon show...RIP Pokemon XYZ - Because I can say we won't never be able to see such energetic adventure.It was so fun to watch them.
I hope in the next season,they will add some drama elements.
Nov 8, 2016 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
My first pokemon series that I watched weekly since so long ago finally finished. What a tease with that kiss. X)
Probably will continue with Sun and Moon but overall this anime was ok.
Nov 9, 2016 7:18 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
What a way to end the Kalos saga. In general this was by far my most favorite region. Amazing how quickly this saga went by.

The episode itself was pretty bittersweet. Eureka and Dedenne not wanting to say good bye, especially Dedenne. Serena steals the episode with that kiss. She was well on her way to the plane but decides to come back for a kiss, she leaves in such a classy way. It would be pretty cool if we saw Serena's journey in Hoenn.

Are the subs even out for the previous 3 episodes?

Nov 10, 2016 5:54 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
That was a nice finishing episode of the XY aand XY&Z anime. At the end when the first opening was playing i even got a bit sentimental. Lets hope S&M will be as good as this was.
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.