Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2015 2:30 AM
Oct 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thus marks the end of this mini-arc. I gotta say, it was a good arc, and the animation this episode was really good.

Finally getting the anticipated Frogadier -> Greninja evolution was great and a little AshGreninja on top of that was great.

Curious to see the real capabilities of AshGreninja.
Dec 10, 2015 6:54 PM
May 2011
Eevee <3
Dec 12, 2015 8:08 AM

Jul 2015
Three Greninja in a single episode...I lol'd.

I felt that the whole evolution sequence was a little bit rushed, even the transformation. Also I thought they would explain more info...it is a Mega Evolution? If not, then what the hell it is?

But I've to admit...the scene where Greninja punched Bisharp was fucking awesome.

I liked these two episodes. Ninjas, Pokemon...they definitely make a great combo.

Next episode Eevee makes his debut in a TriPokalon. I wonder whether she'll succeed or fail.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Dec 19, 2015 5:47 PM
Dec 2009
I really liked these two episodes! Nice to have a continuous story. I wouldn't have minded if they dragged it out a bit more or showed us more of what the ninja village is like.

I also got some Star Wars-ish vibes with how the ninja "hold great power" that can be used for good or evil. Maybe a future Team Rocket leader will be a "dark side" ninja? Haha.
Dec 27, 2015 6:21 PM

Dec 2015
Greninjas...Greninjas everywhere.
Dec 27, 2015 8:08 PM

Sep 2009
XYZ was kind of a letdown until they hit this little arc with the ninja's. Then again, we're not even 10 episodes in so I don't have a ton to complain about.

Happy to finally see Ash get his Greninja as they started to build that a while ago and not he's gotten it. The small glimpse at AshGreninja was pretty sweet and unexpected. Thought we would just get Greninja to show off a bit.

But man, too many Greninja's. Too much water.
Dec 27, 2015 8:35 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Norjack2 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thus marks the end of this mini-arc. I gotta say, it was a good arc, and the animation this episode was really good.

Finally getting the anticipated Frogadier -> Greninja evolution was great and a little AshGreninja on top of that was great.

Curious to see the real capabilities of AshGreninja.

Hmm seeing as Ash's Greninja was covered by a Water veil, perhaps the new form gives it a boost of power only when it's in the low health.

Something that bugged me was Bisharp's speed in the battle. It has a base 70 speed while Greninja's speed is higher than Bisharp's. It was just weird seeing Bisharp move with such quickness.

Dec 28, 2015 9:57 AM

Nov 2009
SweetKotomi said:

Something that bugged me was Bisharp's speed in the battle. It has a base 70 speed while Greninja's speed is higher than Bisharp's. It was just weird seeing Bisharp move with such quickness.

Anime and Game mechanics are pretty different...

The anime doesn't really uses the game's stats at all.

Slow pokemon in the game may actually be fast in the anime.
And things that doesn't damage others in the game may damage in the anime

Water Shurikan dealing massive damage and is a charged up move instead of 15 base and fast attacking move.
amlgDec 28, 2015 10:01 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 28, 2015 3:21 PM

May 2009
Fuck the second part was epic as fuck, but went too fast. I really wonder what Greninja is capable of, I really have a good feeling about what'll happen in the league with this team of OP pokemon in Ash his disposal.
Dec 29, 2015 8:01 AM

Jul 2014
Shoryuuken said:
Fuck the second part was epic as fuck, but went too fast. I really wonder what Greninja is capable of, I really have a good feeling about what&#039;ll happen in the league with this team of OP pokemon in Ash his disposal.

Ikr? It all felt like a blur!!! Still all the battles were epic in their own way. Can't wait to see how Satoshi will progress in the final gym battle and championship battles.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Apr 2, 2016 7:54 PM
Mar 2015
It was nice to see Frogadier evolve to Greninja...
Selena: "It'll be our turn next, Braixen!" She better have her fox become a full powered wizard!
Meanwhile, Clemont's Chespin STILL hasn't evolved...
May 26, 2016 12:56 PM

Jul 2013
I can't believe Frogadier evolved in to Greninja already! I wondered if it was maybe a mega evolution too, that'd sure be cool.

Seizo and Ippei were so hot!

They were some of the coolest Pokemon battles this episode!

I wonder if the dude will go back there after leaving again after attacking it.
Jul 31, 2016 11:43 PM

Jul 2013
Fuuu, it was epic. Honestly I'm surprised by how awesome this arc has been.
Oct 16, 2016 10:10 PM

Dec 2012
I knew Gekogashira would evolve this arc.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Jan 2013
Seeing Mega-Greninja was awesome!
Decent mini-arc, sad we didn't see Naruto though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 1 Discussion

-Koga- - Oct 30, 2015

31 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 5:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.