Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2016 7:40 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just a few weeks left and a corresponding number of plotlines left. At this point though i'm running out of tears!
After returning Goodra again to his homeground Ash and co leave again to continue on their journey, however, on their way through a forest they get attacked by a Zygarde root.

Highlights: Gekkouga coming out of his pokeball himself to scout out the danger he has felt.
Xerosic tried to run over our party o-o'' And nope, he didn't get blasted off, he managed to kidnap Citron.
Ash and Gekkouga synchronized their vision again, which they use to jump on a invisible plane off a cliff - Eureka and Serena jumped aswell.
Gekkouga leaving in Ash Gekkouga form, thus becoming just as the Gekkouga in Ninja village.

Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Oct 20, 2016 1:13 PM

Aug 2014
What can I say. It was really good and really sad.
It showed how powerfull the bond between ash and greninja was and when he left it was really sad. But i really don't like people complaining because "uuuuuh this anime sucks because he is releasing greninja uuuuuh" or "the writters are shit and should die". Why does people complain after that greta episode.
Oct 20, 2016 3:41 PM

Jul 2010
pba5555 said:
It showed how powerfull the bond between ash and greninja was and when he left it was really sad. But i really don't like people complaining because "uuuuuh this anime sucks because he is releasing greninja uuuuuh" or "the writters are shit and should die". Why does people complain after that greta episode.

its still pretty lame how he leaves/releases his pokemon. I'd get it that xy is ending and satoshi always starts a new region with only pikachu, most of the time they are forgotten... ie pidgeot
Oct 20, 2016 5:18 PM

Jan 2016
Bye bye Greninja, we will remember you as one of the strongest Pokemon Ash has ever trained.

The ending is coming soon, all that is left is the arrival to Kanto and future plans (though that's very obvious)
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 20, 2016 9:38 PM

Jul 2010
when satoshi goes from jumping off towers to save pokemon to going to school....

R.I.P xy satoshi
Oct 21, 2016 12:39 AM

Sep 2008
Crzykido said:
when satoshi goes from jumping off towers to save pokemon to going to school....

R.I.P xy satoshi

the fact that that is true really hurts me -_-

and another 2 of satoshi's most powerfull pokes into the wild, again, fuck and i'm still cryin, .....then pokemon sun and moon starts.. oh god, i will have to skip pokemon again for another 2 years? i really hope it's not as bad as it seems, at least the game is still cool
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 21, 2016 1:55 AM

Jun 2013
We already knew this was coming, however they wrote this perfectly. Like there honestly wasn't any other way to do this route. Obviously no one wants xyz to end, but it was bound to happen. Now how do they handle the separation
Oct 21, 2016 3:04 AM

Mar 2014
Why doesn't give his mons to Oak anymore?
Oct 21, 2016 6:27 AM

Jul 2008
Crzykido said:
pba5555 said:

its still pretty lame how he leaves/releases his pokemon. I'd get it that xy is ending and satoshi always starts a new region with only pikachu, most of the time they are forgotten... ie pidgeot

To be fair here, contrary to the games, the anime Pokemon actually have personalities and wishes of their own.
Ash isnt a slavehandler, if his Pokemon want to leave he allows them.
From Butterfree wanring to mate to Goodra returning to his home, it all makes sense when you split the game Pokemon from their anime counterparts.
Besides, he never forgets them, the plot just doesnt make room to visit them.

ziggy_Z said:
Why doesn't give his mons to Oak anymore?
Beside the fact fact that Goodra and Gekkouga wanted to leave themselves - he hasnt visited Oak yet, he is still in Kalos. Btw, seriously check the next episode preview.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Oct 21, 2016 1:24 PM
Jun 2011
Zero_r2 said:
Crzykido said:

R.I.P xy satoshi

the fact that that is true really hurts me -_-

and another 2 of satoshi's most powerfull pokes into the wild, again, fuck and i'm still cryin, .....then pokemon sun and moon starts.. oh god, i will have to skip pokemon again for another 2 years? i really hope it's not as bad as it seems, at least the game is still cool
i will give this a fair chance of 1 episode before decide about this
Oct 21, 2016 3:39 PM
Jan 2011
Greninja can maintain his transformed form forever even away from Ash? I guess knowing he is out there doing good is better than hanging out in Oak's laboratory since that's where all of Ash's pokemon will go.

There goes another really cool pokemon that Ash owns.
Oct 21, 2016 6:39 PM

Sep 2016
Going in, I already knew Ash was going to release Greninja. But the way it happened, it genuinely made me cry a little. I know a lot of people are going to complain about Ash releasing yet another Pokemon but Ash wants what's best for his Pokemon. If Greninja wants to stay behind and protect the Kalos region, Ash will let him stay behind and protect the Kalos region.

My only question is, is Ash still synced with Greninja? We see Greninja leave as Ash-Greninja but what does that mean? Is Zygarde somehow maintaining Ash-Greninja?

Also, I know the games and anime are different but since Ash-Greninja does appear in the Sun&Moon games, any possibility of Greninja returning in the Sun&Moon anime (which, BTW, i used to hate on it, but the more preview trailers i see for it, the more it's kinda grown on me).
Oct 22, 2016 12:20 PM

Apr 2016
satoshi must die he loves to release his pokemon and start fresh
Oct 22, 2016 2:11 PM

Jan 2016
Eh, didn't like the episode.

They really destroyed a great serie at the end for me with Ash loosing, the whole hero of kalos thing was bullshit and now this. Poor Goodra he will probably never see Ash again and boonie will never become a trainer and find Puni chan.
Oct 22, 2016 9:02 PM
Mar 2016
Armagon1000 said:

My only question is, is Ash still synced with Greninja? We see Greninja leave as Ash-Greninja but what does that mean? Is Zygarde somehow maintaining Ash-Greninja?

Greninja is still Ash-Greninja because deep in they heart, they are still conected.
Oct 25, 2016 7:34 AM

May 2009
Feels.... sun/moon is getting closer. I am feeling the heat of alola!!
Oct 26, 2016 5:38 PM

Dec 2014
I hope that doesn't mean Ash-Greninja is gone for good. At least charizard was able to return a couple of times in later regions. This reset is going to hurt the most.
Oct 27, 2016 4:56 AM
Feb 2015
how many pokemon is he gonna return?
Dec 11, 2016 10:12 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I don't understand why people hate on Ash for releasing his Pokemon. Most of the releases had a purpose. Like Greninja this episode. Saw the episode RAW so I don't know what the conversation was but I'm assuming it was to watch over the area protect the Pokemon in there. Goodra returned to the wetlands to help protect the area.

Xerosic was savage when he came out of nowhere and almost ran over a group of KIDS. But Citron managed to outsmart him because Citron is a genius, although I cringed when he sent out Chespin to battle Crobat and not Luxray. Grass vs Flying/Poison, yea Citron but that teamwork from Greninja and Chespin was pretty cool.

Team Rocket a bit of screen time. Were they really browsing Youtube lol

And thus the Greninja era comes to an end. Very sad episode but hey it is what it is.

Dec 11, 2016 8:03 PM

Dec 2012
Satoshi returning Numelgon to its group.

Satoshi to Numelgon: We'll meet again.

Me: That will never happen.

Satoshi Gekkouga returns for the last time.

Xerosicy returns to form the Neo Flare Gang.

Damn. Seeing Calamanero again reminded me of those evil Calamanero from before. They said they would return after being defeated a 2nd time, but didn't.

LMAO at the Rocket Gang working on their lies to Sakaki.

Z1 and 2 saved the Rocket Gang.

I knew Citron did something when he wiped his glasses.

What a fail by Gekkouga, a ninja, to step on a twig while sneaking.

Don't worry Serena, Gekkouga didn't get run over. lol

Of course Satoshi says he going to jump off a cliff.

Oh, snap! They played "XYZ: Number One" version for the last time.

Yes. Let's battle in a cramp space.

Xerosicy is arrested by the lovely Junsa.

Puni-chan returns.

Oh, so the reason Satoshi and Gekkouga can see the negative energy is because of plot and to safe Gekkouga before Satoshi gives it to Prof. Okido to watch and be wasted.

I'll admit that I got teary eyed during Satoshi and Gekkouga's farewell. Was it due to their development together? or was it due to Volt and XYZ playing during their battles making everything epic as hell? It was definitely the songs. From battling that fraud Gojika to owning Shota to battling Alan to about to own Carne to the Pocket Monster War's 1st round to defeating Shota. Those were amazing times and the best battles in the series.

I hope Eureka gets to meet Puni-chan again.

So Gekkouga is staying in Satoshi Gekkouga form forever? lol

They played Getta Banban in the preview! I hope they play Volt one last time. That would be awesome.

This is it folks. The last episode is next. The end of a 3 year journey(a few months for me lol). How will it end? Find out in the last episode of Pocket Monsters XY&Z! Tsuzuku!
RobDec 11, 2016 8:55 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 18, 2016 1:33 PM

Mar 2016
So are Ash and greninja still synced, like can they now both see what's going on in each others lives and such forever or something.
Jan 7, 2017 5:05 AM
Dec 2009
I think a lot of us knew it was coming but... Greninja... :(
I know they couldn't have him in the new series but it's still really sad to see him go...
Feb 23, 2017 1:51 PM

Jul 2013
Lol bless @ Team Rocket trying to edit the footage to look defeated Team Flare. James looked so damn cute <3 :3

Bye bye Goodra, again.

Greninja is the only one who can see the negative energy, k. Weird plot line but okay. I guess they had to get rid of him some way and it had to be noble. I wonder why it's only him.

Squishy and Zygarde back was cute.

Ash looked so cute when he hugged Greninja goodbye, it was the cutest scene ever!!!

I will definitely miss Greninja aka Ash's most boss Pokemon ever! Squishy too and his English accent in the dub lol.

Wow, that will be cool if Ash and Greninja can sync all the time to see what each other is doing. But will they ever show it?

So Greninja has to help Squishy save Kalos, didn't see that coming. Thought they got rid of all the roots.

It was sad seeing Bonnie and Squishy say goodbye again.

Oh no, only more, so sad! ;______________________________; but this is the best team ever. I'll miss Serena most! She's amazing <3
stephtastropheFeb 23, 2017 1:55 PM
Dec 6, 2017 5:01 PM

Feb 2008
You forgot the most important plot point.
At the very least in the english version, Squishy promises Eureka/Bonnie that when she becomes a trainer, it will go with her on her journey...Eureka/Bonnie will run around with a freaking Zygarde and will probably own everyone and become champion in a couple of years. XD
In the main pokemon anime the one thing they did right that is different from the games is making all the legendary pokemon obscenely powerful to the point where yeah, no kid is gonna 1v1 them, you'd need an army of trainers to fight a legendary. Just look at how many gym leaders and main characters and 2 champions it took to attack the giant Zygarde shaped rock...and the Zygarde 100% comes in and completely reks the thing solo.
So yeah. She has a bright future. :D
Revillo_PhoenixDec 6, 2017 5:06 PM
Mar 28, 2021 10:53 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah, it was both happy and sad... But rather than spending an eternity in Prof. Oak's Laboratory, never to be seen again, I think it's better for Greninja to protect Kalos along with Zygarde. Also, Ash might not be "Top 10 Anime Characters" material, but I have to recognize that he respects his Pokemons' needs.
Dec 3, 2023 9:40 PM

Feb 2020
Obrigado por tudo, Gekkouga.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.