Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2015 2:34 AM
Oct 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Some Team Flare action. Loved the variety of different animations used and some intense action indeed. Probably my new favourite episode of XYZ.

Dec 24, 2015 7:51 AM

Oct 2014
Glad to see that my prediction about Ash taking damage as Greninja did was correct. Seemed kinda obvious given that the transformation relies on the synchronization between the two.

Even Team Rocket were pretty good this episode as well. A great episode to end the year. Here's to what 2016 has to offer!

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Jan 7, 2016 5:06 PM

Jul 2015
Holy shit, that was a great episode.

Zygarde defeated Team Flare with a single attack. And only at his 10% form, I can't imagine how powerful he'll be with his 100% form.
So Ash takes the damage that Greninja receives while fighting. That's interesting, I hope we'll have more clues about this eccentric evolution in the next episodes.
Seems like Ash and co will travel without Puni-chan for some time. Mmm, didn't see that coming.

Best XYZ episode so far.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Jan 7, 2016 8:28 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
-Koga- said:

Zygarde defeated Team Flare with a single attack. And only at his 10% form, I can't imagine how powerful he'll be with his 100% form.
So Ash takes the damage that Greninja receives while fighting. That's interesting, I hope we'll have more clues about this eccentric evolution in the next episodes.
Seems like Ash and co will travel without Puni-chan for some time. Mmm, didn't see that coming.

Best XYZ episode so far.

Dragon Ball Z antics lol

"I'm only using 10% of my full power but do come after me, it'll be an honor to use my 100% on you guys"

I have a feeling if we do get Gen 7, we will be introduced to a new form of evolution, Synchro Evolution. Ash taking damage was interesting to see. I wonder if they will make Ash-Greninja's nasty side effects part of the story.

Zygarde 10% obliterates Team Flare.

Jan 8, 2016 4:32 PM

Jul 2015
I just watched this special episode that aired at the end of the year:

Subete no Nazo wo Tokiakase! Pocket Monster XY & Z Kanzen Master Special!!

It lasts 45 minutes and it's basically a recap of what we already know. The interesting thing about this though, are the last 3-4 minutes...it has a lot of information!

♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Jan 9, 2016 10:14 PM

Jul 2014
SweetKotomi said:
-Koga- said:

Best XYZ episode so far.

Dragon Ball Z antics lol

"I'm only using 10% of my full power but do come after me, it'll be an honor to use my 100% on you guys"

I have a feeling if we do get Gen 7, we will be introduced to a new form of evolution, Synchro Evolution. Ash taking damage was interesting to see. I wonder if they will make Ash-Greninja's nasty side effects part of the story.

Zygarde 10% obliterates Team Flare.

To think that's only 10% Of its power. (Dragon Ball Z thing is obvious but interesting nevertheless) I really didn't expect that Gekkouga(?)taking damage would effect Satoshi to be honest but it does prove there's actual bonding here. Satoshi better toughen up seriously because it seems very stamina draining indeed!

After the disappointment that was Best Wishes, it's nice to see they got their shit together with the XY Arc.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Jan 10, 2016 9:09 PM
Dec 2009
Interesting battle focused episode. Nice to see Team Flare! I guess we'll see Puni-chan slowly using more power throughout the season...
Jan 12, 2016 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
love it when these 'serious' episodes calls for Team Rocket to "help out" the gang
Jun 6, 2016 1:15 PM

Jul 2013
Zygarde was awesome at beating evil Team Flare!

That was quite an exciting episode!

All the action and Team Rocket having to help out Ash and Serena etc.

Ash's Greninja was awesome again and Ash taking the same damage is cool.
Jun 24, 2016 2:16 AM

Nov 2014
This episode was amazing!! Squishy totally wiped them out, and that's not even his final form! xD

Is the other Zygarde shiny??

Ash Greninja is back!! I didn't like the concept at first but now I think it's so cool!! I like how Ash gets hurt when Greninja gets hurt. It gave me flashbacks to when Ash challenged the Viridian Gym and had to battle Team Rocket and got zapped every time his Pokemon got hurt.

I hope they find Squishy soon! I'm sure the writers won't let a little girl keep a legendary Pokemon like Zygarde, but I'm hoping they surprise us and let him stick around. I don't think I can handle another Flabebe and Tyrantrum episode...(I can't help but think if they were planning on actually letting her keep him, Clemont would have used a Pokeball on it by now).

Oh and at the end when James said "This world belongs to Geovanni"
It really surprised me that he said that. We hardly ever hear his name mentioned anymore! They always just refer to him as "the boss". I can't even remember the last time they've said his name in the show. I kind of assumed it was because Giovanni doesn't make many appearances, so people who start with XY wouldn't get the reference to the old series. (If I remember correctly he appeared in a gen 5 episode but it's fuzzy) So it was really cool to me that he said that.
Oct 23, 2016 8:20 PM

Dec 2012
Flare Gang are back.

DAT ASS!

We got some Jewmanbolto's this episode.

Satoshi Gekkouga is back. So Satoshi becomes one with Gekkouga. Like Beyblade.

Squishy with the wan tann kill.

Run, Squishy. Escape from enslavement.

@BlackFox24 Rocket Gang(Team Rocket) say Sakaki's(Giovanni) name every time they mention him in the Japanese version. Must be an English dub thing.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 9, 2020 6:00 PM

Dec 2008
XYZ does seem to have a lot of action episodes so far. This one was great.

Loved Team Rocket here. And heh, they obviously weren't trying to "help out" the kids, it was the Pokemon version of a turf war between gangs. I know the dub likes to change things though. Team Flare doesn't seem to care at all about them, we'll see how that goes.
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Jan 2013
Awesome episode, we see Z's new form and a little more of Ash / Greninja Mega evolve combo.
Also Team Rocket getting upset they weren't getting recognized lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 1 Discussion

-Koga- - Oct 30, 2015

31 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 5:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.