Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2016 4:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, pretty crazy chapter with the assists and fighting.

But still..Todoroki isn't on the list? Uh oh...
Oct 27, 2016 4:53 AM
Aug 2016
Happy that both Todoroki and Inasa failes. Nice seeing some panels with some of the others students. Tsuyu new tecnique is Great .Art wise it's still awesome especially on Gang Orca.

Saying that I am Happy this Arc ended. It was probably the weakest One yet,not bad but kinda underwhelming. Maybe because there were introduce too many characters all at once.Now however i want to see what Deku will do with his license
Oct 27, 2016 5:23 AM
May 2015
Big_Gammy said:
Happy that both Todoroki and Inasa failes. Nice seeing some panels with some of the others students. Tsuyu new tecnique is Great .Art wise it's still awesome especially on Gang Orca.

Saying that I am Happy this Arc ended. It was probably the weakest One yet,not bad but kinda underwhelming. Maybe because there were introduce too many characters all at once.Now however i want to see what Deku will do with his license
this chapter ended this arc? So glad that we are gonna go forward in the story and not stay in the weakest arc
Oct 27, 2016 5:30 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I feel bad that Shouto didn't make it but at the same time I'm not surprised really....Yay for best girl Momo though
Oct 27, 2016 5:36 AM

Jul 2013
I'm actually glad that Todoroki and Inasa both failed. Very interested in seeing how they'll both take it.
They've also got their issues they need to sort out as well. Still hoping Deku gets around to talking to them both. They need to apologise to Shindou as well.

Tsuyu can camouflage herself now :o Nice

Time to wait for it to get scanlated to English~
Oct 27, 2016 6:06 AM

Jun 2009
oryo23 said:
Big_Gammy said:

this chapter ended this arc? So glad that we are gonna go forward in the story and not stay in the weakest arc

Huh, that was the end of the arc?

I thought it was more of a "these are the ones moving on to another phase" thing, if that many people got their provisional license, I'm a bit surprised, since at the start it sounded like only a handful would get it.
Oct 27, 2016 6:19 AM
Aug 2016
Pringer said:
oryo23 said:

Huh, that was the end of the arc?

I thought it was more of a "these are the ones moving on to another phase" thing, if that many people got their provisional license, I'm a bit surprised, since at the start it sounded like only a handful would get it.

They said that the 2nd test was the last One. However They stated that only around the 5% would get the license... and the starting number were A LOOOT more
Oct 27, 2016 11:35 AM

Jan 2015
It's nice that some people failed. Especially Todoroki... though the whole incident wasn't exactly his fault. Though his past behavior DID technically cause it. He really needs to sort out his issues.
I wonder who else made the list.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Oct 27, 2016 11:36 AM

Dec 2014
So both Todoroki and Yoarashi failed, Well I guess that's kind of expected. Too bad :(
That fire storm and the opening panels looked awesome.
Meanwhile, Bakugou probably passed. XD

Interesting that Tsuyu has a camouflage technique now.

So where do we head from here?
Oct 27, 2016 11:55 AM
Mar 2016
I'm surprised to see that Mineta has passed. I actually expected him to fail the exam.
Oct 27, 2016 12:27 PM

Dec 2012
Great chapter. Love all the teamwork.
Tsuyu with her new Camouflage Technique.

The exam has come to an end. Congrats Deku, Mineta & Momo on passing. Wonder who else passed?

Looks like Todoroki & Inasa didn't pass.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 27, 2016 1:00 PM

Oct 2015
They failed. Good. Deservedly so. The two that failed are the ones with the highest potential for passing. Now learn from it, and Todoroki I swear if you start resenting Midoriya...!

Tsuyu's new move was impressive and also one that I didn't think of for some reason. Orca was also impressive. Didn't even notice he was wearing the weights.
Oct 27, 2016 1:28 PM

Sep 2014
The genius is at the bottom. I like this development because now he has to work hard to prove himself
Oct 27, 2016 1:55 PM

May 2016
Awesome chapter to conclude the hero exam arc :D
Oct 27, 2016 2:13 PM

Dec 2013
After what happened those two deserve to fail.
Oct 27, 2016 2:17 PM

Sep 2014
No surprises in this chapter,but it was still good.Midoriya passed the exam,while Shouto and Inasa after their mistakes during the exam failed.Now I want to see what comes next.
Oct 27, 2016 2:32 PM

Jun 2009
So Sakamata had restraining gear,

Bakugou being bakugou lol
Oct 27, 2016 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
MoonStar9 said:
Now learn from it, and Todoroki I swear if you start resenting Midoriya...!

There's no way that would happen. Deku's only helped Todoroki grow, in this scenario he was even the one to call him and Isana out on their bs, and they're good friends. Todoroki wouldn't be so unreasonable as to get mad at people who've passed just because he didn't, he knows why he failed.

Anyways, really cool chapter. Glad to see Deku passed, Gang Orca's totally badass and what I thought was cool armor was actually restricting him, Tsuyu continues to be best girl with a new ability. Poor Bakugou didn't get to fight anyone either, which was really funny.
Shradow115Oct 27, 2016 5:49 PM
Oct 27, 2016 2:47 PM

Sep 2013
The top hero's are still way ahead of the students, that's good to see since they haven't been that impressive.
Oct 27, 2016 3:06 PM

Jul 2012
Shradow115 said:
MoonStar9 said:
Now learn from it, and Todoroki I swear if you start resenting Midoriya...!

There's no way that would happen. Deku's only helped Todoroki grow, in this scenario he was even the one to call him and Isana out on there bs, and they're good friends. Todoroki wouldn't be so unreasonable as to get mad at people who've passed just because he didn't, he knows why he failed.

Anyways, really cool chapter. Glad to see Deku passed, Gang Orca's totally badass and what I thought was cool armor was actually restricting him, Tsuyu continues to be best girl with a new ability. Poor Bakugou didn't get to fight anyone either, which was really funny.

Ya I think Todoroki sees Deku as a friend with the utmost respect after their meeting at the Sports Festival. When Deku striked Orca, Todoroki's reaction was probably of admiration. Both have come a long way since then. I'm surprised Todoroki actually lost his composure with Inasa though but it's understandable.
Oct 27, 2016 3:13 PM

May 2012
NICE. Good Job Deku and others

Better luck next time Todoroki :L Hope to see him and the other dude get along from now on though. Orca seemed to be impressed by the 3 as well

Wonder what's next. Pretty exciting

Oct 27, 2016 3:40 PM

Dec 2015
Todoroki failed, obvious after what happened but I thought it being obvious would mean we would end up with him passing somehow. A double double bluff?
Not sure of the whole mix school thing is over or not now? Haven't enjoyed it as much as past arcs but would be nice to see them out on the "beat" of sorts. Shadowing pros. Hope that is next :)
Oct 27, 2016 4:31 PM
Sep 2012
Well Todoroki and Inaza suffered consequences for their actions, which is good to see, maybe over the course of the next year, they could bond I don't know.

I am glad Deku passed, and seemingly almost the whole class except one, and Mineta of all people passed. Good for everyone that passed.

I thought for a moment when they made seem like it was going to be a big reveal when his villains take off their mask, that real villains took out the fake villains and took their place, and it was someone else who was trying to test Deku. That would be a great twist.

Oh well good chapter and this short arc is over.
Oct 27, 2016 6:25 PM

Feb 2008
Midoriya played his part well. He also brought him to his senses so that probably helped bump up his scores. still, dealing with personal baggage is also part of their job so failing to do so would disqualify him.
Oct 27, 2016 7:10 PM

Aug 2013
Humorous how even in the midst of battle, Deku stutters when calling Tsuyu by her first name.
Oct 27, 2016 8:41 PM

Jun 2014
Lol Mineta passed but Todoroki and Inasa didn't. That's pretty sad but it was expected. I'm just glad that not everyone from Deku's class passed, now we just need to see if anyone else from his class failed or if Todoroki was the only one.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 27, 2016 10:16 PM

Dec 2015
I guess most of UA students passed?... we'll see. Its pretty interesting that one of the most OP student in UA & Shiketsu failed haha! but Im glad that both Shouto and Inasa didnt make it, well they did messed up.

LOL bakugou missing all the actions! but I think his bro squad did a good job with the rescues.

Oh and I love tsuyu camouflage!
QueenSapphireOct 27, 2016 10:54 PM
Oct 28, 2016 3:53 AM
Jul 2016
well too bad todoroki and inasa didn't pass but it was obvious after what they did , glad to see deku passed and lol bakugou didn't get to fight anyone

great chapter!
Oct 28, 2016 7:12 AM

Jul 2013
Shradow115 said:
Humorous how even in the midst of battle, Deku stutters when calling Tsuyu by her first name.

Yeah I noticed that XD Found that quite amusing myself.

I didn't say this last time, but it was great seeing Deku, Mineta and Momo pass. Apparently 89 people passed (so 11 people failed, including Inasa and Todoroki)

Something tells me that Todoroki will be the only one to have failed from Class 1-A.

Just a little bit left to this arc, which is revealing who else passed/failed and perhaps, like I said in my previous post, Deku talking to Todoroki. It did seem like Deku was concerned about him in one of the panels.
Oct 31, 2016 11:17 PM

Mar 2014
Good to know Orca had some sort of physical restriction on himself, otherwise I'd have been triggered.

The last page was sorta shattering. Wonder if they'll try to rebut the decision or live with it 'till next year.
Nov 2, 2016 1:26 PM

Mar 2014
Todoroki and Yoarashi failed as heroes.
Nov 3, 2016 6:49 AM

Jun 2015
I'm still confused why the hell the Grapist got through.
uh oh!
Dec 19, 2016 2:27 AM

May 2016
Seems like 8.9% of the original 1000 students have passed the test. A slightly huge improvement compared to the normal passing rate~

If only Todoroki and Inasa had settled their conflicts in another time and place... Tsuyu's got a new ability! She uses it quite well.

Jan 9, 2017 1:25 PM

Apr 2016
well shit... The two strongest didn't pass
Aug 3, 2017 6:16 AM

Feb 2013
It's normal that Todoroki and Inasa failed.
Apr 9, 2018 6:36 PM

Aug 2016
Kinda knew that Todoroki wouldn't pass.

Set by SenpieX
Mar 7, 2022 8:36 AM

Feb 2021
Wtf Tsuyu can camouflage now??

Welp Todoroki and Inasa were surely not gonna pass. I think Bakugou will fail too.

Aug 14, 2022 10:34 PM
Community Mod
šŸ’§FocalorsšŸ’§

Mar 2022

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

11 by THE_UNKILLED777 »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Today, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.