Forum Settings
Forums

Main Cast of TV Anime 'Masamune-kun no Revenge' Announced

New
Oct 24, 2016 12:50 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of TV anime Masamune-kun no Revenge has revealed cast members for the series, along with theme song performers and premiere date. The anime is scheduled to air on January 5 at 10:30 p.m. on Tokyo MX, followed by AT-X and BS Fuji.

Cast
Masamune Makabe: Natsuki Hanae (Aldnoah.Zero)
Aki Adagaki: Ayaka Ohashi (The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls)
Yoshino Koiwai: Inori Minase (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)
Neko Fujinomiya: Suzuko Mimori (Love Live! School Idol Project)
Tae Futaba: Azusa Tadokoro (Musaigen no Phantom World)
Kojuurou Shuri: Saori Hayami (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.)

Ayaka Ohashi will perform the opening theme song of the series, while ChouCho (Buddy Complex) will perform the ending theme.

Source: Moca News
VindstotJan 14, 2017 9:50 PM

Oct 24, 2016 2:58 AM

Oct 2015
INORI MINASE!! Guess whose back, back again, Rem is back, tell a friend. Guess whose back, guess whose back, guess whose back, guess whose back, guess whose back, guess whose....wait who is Rem??? x.X

This gon be my favourite harem rom-com without a doubt, especially since Silver Link is adapting the manga (which is funny af).
Oct 24, 2016 3:31 AM

Jul 2015
i know this tsundere will ruin the show for me
but still i will watch it for other characters

Yoshino Koiwai , looks so cute + Inori Minase <3
tragedydesuOct 24, 2016 3:47 AM
Oct 24, 2016 3:46 AM

Jul 2012
natsuki hanae consider me sold
Oct 24, 2016 4:58 AM

Jul 2014
I can see rem in koiwai(the master servant relationship)
Hmm.. hayami saori looks fine
MIMO-CHAN AS NEEKKO!!
MINASE TOOO
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Oct 24, 2016 5:30 AM

Sep 2013
A pretty good cast, though I'll probably still avoid the anime anyway.
Oct 24, 2016 5:40 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Ah! Inori Minase is back and she'll be voicing Yoshino! Methinks her voice will be perfect especially if she's gonna speak just like Rem. :') <3

I like the cast so far. :) But Saori Hayami is going to be Kojuurou?! Wait, what? :P
Oct 24, 2016 6:59 AM
Oct 2016
I already read the manga, and Natsuki Hanae's voice does not fit with the protagonist of the manga. This Kaneki should look for another character.
Oct 24, 2016 7:31 AM

Aug 2013
the mango is medicore at most

but the grills are hot
Oct 24, 2016 7:33 AM

Jan 2014
KuuhakuDesu said:
Natsuki Hanae
Inori Minase
Saori Hayami
Mimorin!!

I'm watching this for sure now.
You and me both man O_O
Oct 24, 2016 7:36 AM

Dec 2015
The cast is pretty good, can't wait to watch it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 24, 2016 7:40 AM

Aug 2015
Wow the cast is amazing , Hyped to watch it now
Oct 24, 2016 8:20 AM
Jun 2014
nina333 said:
I already read the manga, and Natsuki Hanae's voice does not fit with the protagonist of the manga. This Kaneki should look for another character.

Pretty much this. Uchiyama Kouki, Fukuyama Jun, even Matsuoka would have been a better choice for a smug faced pretty boy. I'm really skeptical about this choice. Prove me wrong, Hanae!

One more thing to note: Do I smell an insert song or character songs? It seems suspicious to me that the whole cast is capable of singing and had lead roles in Openings and Endings before.
Oct 24, 2016 8:21 AM
Aug 2015
Looked at it Don't Care
Saw harem in genre OK I CARE
Oct 24, 2016 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
XD This will be short but I like the voice cast in this... I'm pretty much sold with this honestly. >w<
Oct 24, 2016 10:02 AM

Apr 2016
Kinda hard to believe Hayami Saori is Kojuurou! XD I honestly thought she would Neko instead. Not what I expected XD.
Aside from that it's a nice and solid cast. I'm more excited now :3
2D > 3D
Oct 24, 2016 5:45 PM

May 2015
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda excited to watch this anime haha.
Oct 24, 2016 6:58 PM
Sep 2016
I think the best choice for the MC role is Okamoto Nobuhiko...

Well, let's just see how Kaneki will do.
Oct 24, 2016 11:16 PM
Jan 2016
yay masamune <3 got anime
Oct 24, 2016 11:43 PM

Apr 2012
IndianAnimeReker said:
INORI MINASE!! Guess whose back, back again, Rem is back, tell a friend. Guess whose back, guess whose back, guess whose back, guess whose back, guess whose back, guess whose....wait who is Rem??? x.X

This gon be my favourite harem rom-com without a doubt, especially since Silver Link is adapting the manga (which is funny af).

Well, given her characters and the story in the spirit of "tsundere exploitation", it is quite obvious which of the characters she would play. But it is enough, that I wanted to see this show :D

P.S Hmmm, here also Hayami will play. I hope that title does not disappoint me.
RobertBobertOct 24, 2016 11:54 PM
Oct 24, 2016 11:57 PM

Jul 2014
The rampant misandry continues.
Oct 26, 2016 12:21 AM

Aug 2013
Ok, so, I see some good and some maybe not so good here:

Studio is Silver Link which is good.The artwork is pretty faithful to Tiv's original designs.

All of the girls are likable in their own way and there will probably be a lot of "best grill" rants over this show.

I think that Ayaka is a good fit for Aki. Yoshino will probably be a lot of peoples favorite because of her personality, so Inori is a good fit. I think that Azusa is a good fit for Tae too because she can be that loud, tomboyish type voice.

Now. The rest I'm conflicted on. Natsuki as Hanae...eeeeh. I like a lot of shows that he's in, but I dont particularly care for him as an actor. He has no range whatsoever. People complain about Matsuoka sounding like Kirito a lot, but Natsuki has literally no range or change in his voice. Not a fan of his comedy chops either. Only plus side is, Masamune as a standalone character doesn't spit funny one-liners, it's all about the chemistry. So the other characters could help bolster his acting.

Neko...oh poor Neko. First of all, I dislike her hair color. In the source material, she was a very light blonde. Well more like that weird light blonde/brown/grey anime hair color. Almost like a lighter version of Kojuurou's hair color pictured in the character designs on the site. Hell, every other character's hair matches almost perfectly to official colored manga pages or volume covers, but Neko...not quite.
Second, personally I don't know how I feel about her voice actor. I don't dislike Suzuko Mimori, but I don't really see her in the role. She's got a lot of deeper voice/mature sounding roles like Umi and Himawari. Just me personally, I pictured her with a much higher pitched, very delicate "hime" voice, because that's who she is as a character; the polar opposite of Aki. I mean, she does have a few roles like Myucel and Kanzashi that are higher pitched, but I don't know if that's the way she'll do this role.

I said that Inori was a good fit for Yoshino, and I'm fine with her in that role, but would definitely have preferred her using her calm, Rem-like voice for Neko.

My last complaints, albeit minor, are with Kojuurou. I cant say anything concrete because its one image, but he doesn't look quite as feminine in that pic. I mean, he looks girly, but he originally looks suuuuper girly. They might make him look that way animated though. Also I just find it odd that Saori Hayami is voicing a hard core trap. I mean, she never disappoints so I'm sure it'll be fine, but when I think trap (one as high tier trapish as Kojuurou) I immediately think Totsuka from Oregairu, so my pick would've hands down been Mikako Komatsu. She does the tomboy/trap roles well. Even Hana Kana would've been a decent pick.

I also think that Saori would've been a better fit for Neko as well, lol. Literally anyone besides who they actually picked.

Hopefully a PV comes out relatively soon. That'll either abolish or confirm all of my worries; both about how the art will look animated and how the voices will be. I had the exact same worries about Dagashi Kashi and then the PV came out and everything was dandy. Hopefully that'll be the case here too.

I can already see it now though for people who haven't read the manga yet. Yoshino is going to be the favorite character, but Neko is going to be the best grill. Just wait, everyone will be thinking that, since the only real love rivalry is between Neko and Aki, and Yoshino is just a badass.
Oct 26, 2016 12:37 AM

Aug 2012
That VA lineup is definitely overpowered.
Oct 27, 2016 7:10 AM

Apr 2016
Jonesy974 said:

Studio is Silver Link which is good.The artwork is pretty faithful to Tiv's original designs.

All of the girls are likable in their own way and there will probably be a lot of "best grill" rants over this show.

I think that Ayaka is a good fit for Aki. Yoshino will probably be a lot of peoples favorite because of her personality, so Inori is a good fit. I think that Azusa is a good fit for Tae too because she can be that loud, tomboyish type voice.

Now. The rest I'm conflicted on. Natsuki as Hanae...eeeeh. I like a lot of shows that he's in, but I dont particularly care for him as an actor. He has no range whatsoever. People complain about Matsuoka sounding like Kirito a lot, but Natsuki has literally no range or change in his voice. Not a fan of his comedy chops either. Only plus side is, Masamune as a standalone character doesn't spit funny one-liners, it's all about the chemistry. So the other characters could help bolster his acting.

Neko...oh poor Neko. First of all, I dislike her hair color. In the source material, she was a very light blonde. Well more like that weird light blonde/brown/grey anime hair color. Almost like a lighter version of Kojuurou's hair color pictured in the character designs on the site. Hell, every other character's hair matches almost perfectly to official colored manga pages or volume covers, but Neko...not quite.
Second, personally I don't know how I feel about her voice actor. I don't dislike Suzuko Mimori, but I don't really see her in the role. She's got a lot of deeper voice/mature sounding roles like Umi and Himawari. Just me personally, I pictured her with a much higher pitched, very delicate "hime" voice, because that's who she is as a character; the polar opposite of Aki. I mean, she does have a few roles like Myucel and Kanzashi that are higher pitched, but I don't know if that's the way she'll do this role.

I said that Inori was a good fit for Yoshino, and I'm fine with her in that role, but would definitely have preferred her using her calm, Rem-like voice for Neko.

My last complaints, albeit minor, are with Kojuurou. I cant say anything concrete because its one image, but he doesn't look quite as feminine in that pic. I mean, he looks girly, but he originally looks suuuuper girly. They might make him look that way animated though. Also I just find it odd that Saori Hayami is voicing a hard core trap. I mean, she never disappoints so I'm sure it'll be fine, but when I think trap (one as high tier trapish as Kojuurou) I immediately think Totsuka from Oregairu, so my pick would've hands down been Mikako Komatsu. She does the tomboy/trap roles well. Even Hana Kana would've been a decent pick.

I also think that Saori would've been a better fit for Neko as well, lol. Literally anyone besides who they actually picked.

Hopefully a PV comes out relatively soon. That'll either abolish or confirm all of my worries; both about how the art will look animated and how the voices will be. I had the exact same worries about Dagashi Kashi and then the PV came out and everything was dandy. Hopefully that'll be the case here too.

I can already see it now though for people who haven't read the manga yet. Yoshino is going to be the favorite character, but Neko is going to be the best grill. Just wait, everyone will be thinking that, since the only real love rivalry is between Neko and Aki, and Yoshino is just a badass.

Hey I mean there is a preview :) im sure u might've seen it already.

It looks really nice so far as expected from silver link. I like the manga so far and judging from the pv it probably will follow the source material. Can't wait to see the waifu battle between Yoshino and Neko XD
2D > 3D
Oct 27, 2016 3:24 PM

Aug 2013
ItzToxic said:
Jonesy974 said:

Hey I mean there is a preview :) im sure u might've seen it already.

It looks really nice so far as expected from silver link. I like the manga so far and judging from the pv it probably will follow the source material. Can't wait to see the waifu battle between Yoshino and Neko XD

Its funny that not even a day after I was wishing for a PV, we got one.

Though of course, all of my main concerns have to do with the voicing, and the first released PV doesn't have any line, just fucking previews the art/animation, lol.
Oct 28, 2016 11:36 PM
Nov 2015
More useless harem getting an anime -.-

More topics from this board

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
1 hour ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.