Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 20, 2016 4:33 PM

Mar 2014
Ramkec said:
ziggy_Z said:
So canon (manga content) is over now? Should I bother with this?

There's only a epilogue chapter left, but it won't be adopted anytime soon considering we got quite a bit of those kind of episodes, and after them they'll do the novels.

Thanks. I was hoping this would be the final episode because that way, it would end with 700 overall episodes.
Oct 20, 2016 5:06 PM
Oct 2016
I made a Mal account for the sole purpose of asking this question.

Can I watch Naruto the last movie now?
Oct 20, 2016 7:16 PM

Dec 2012
Coreylordo said:
Come on! Why don't they instead make fillers about everything that happens between Chapters 699 and 700, WHY ARE WE SEING SHIT WE'VE SEEN A THOUSAND TIMES BEFORE?!?

It's actually stuff we haven't seen
Oct 20, 2016 8:29 PM

Jan 2008
Oh man I loved that opening. Not so much saying it's anything amazing but the fact that we're getting all the characters how they looked after the manga but before Boruto.

As for the episode, I wasn't really up to seeing more backstory on Naruto, we're already jam packed full of that. Though I question so many things he did as a child at that age especially going in the forest alone and somehow having all the knowledge shown that he does and the part where he jumped off the hokage faces.

Hinata's part was pretty boring.
Oct 20, 2016 11:00 PM

Sep 2016
ShojoSamurai said:
Studio Pierrot will never stop. It's their trademark.
May I direct you to the bathroom cleaning section where the Bleach is located?
_Thanos_Oct 20, 2016 11:08 PM
yee
Oct 20, 2016 11:28 PM

Aug 2014
It was a really soothing episode, I liked it. I just hope they won't do this to every single character in the anime.
Oct 21, 2016 1:00 AM

Jul 2013
To all the people complaining about fillers seriously, what the fuck were u guys expecting? story's over save for one epilogue chapter, deal with it already. Feel free to stop watching too, no one's forcing you to and complaining isn't gonna make them stop producing more episodes. You guys do know that they're gonna adapt the novels and most likely continue all the way to Boruto, do you? the news had been known for quite some time already so complaining about them continuing now is.. well, utterly pointless.

I've almost always skipped the filler contents except for some of the interesting ones but now that the main story's over I'm up to see how they're gonna fill the blanks between chapter 699 to chapter 700, novels aside. Of course the novel adaption would still be the main course but more stories about their young adult life is always welcomed especially if it expands upon the characters and shed more light towards some of the questions left.

Cracking OP and ED btw. Very nice visuals too despite some derpy animation during Hiashi-Neji sparring.
Oct 21, 2016 3:45 AM
Dec 2012
MoeGod said:
To all the people complaining about fillers seriously, what the fuck were u guys expecting? story's over save for one epilogue chapter, deal with it already. Feel free to stop watching too, no one's forcing you to and complaining isn't gonna make them stop producing more episodes. You guys do know that they're gonna adapt the novels and most likely continue all the way to Boruto, do you? the news had been known for quite some time already so complaining about them continuing now is.. well, utterly pointless.

I've almost always skipped the filler contents except for some of the interesting ones but now that the main story's over I'm up to see how they're gonna fill the blanks between chapter 699 to chapter 700, novels aside. Of course the novel adaption would still be the main course but more stories about their young adult life is always welcomed especially if it expands upon the characters and shed more light towards some of the questions left.

Cracking OP and ED btw. Very nice visuals too despite some derpy animation during Hiashi-Neji sparring.
Why are you whining? People expect the story to end. The fillers won't - CAN'T - add anything.

13 chapters and Boruto left to adapt.
Oct 21, 2016 4:42 AM

Oct 2016
Naruto and Hinata are so cute together and the fact that i saw neji made me tears a little bit .. and next episode we gonna see Itachi that will surely make me tears again lol..
Oct 21, 2016 5:32 AM

Jun 2012
Just go to: "Sasuke Shinden: Book of Sunrise" already.... -.-"
Oct 21, 2016 6:07 AM
Nov 2015
N1ghtShadow said:
Just go to: "Sasuke Shinden: Book of Sunrise" already.... -.-"

oh yeah... more interested in Sasuke now than any other character

Also the episode felt like it was in slow motion. All animations were so dragged and long that they didn't look convincing at all
Oct 21, 2016 6:11 AM

Nov 2015
The new OP is good. Hinata looked cute I liked the part when she fell multiple times it was funny and cute.

Oct 21, 2016 7:11 AM

Jul 2013
Pandarenboy said:
Why are you whining? People expect the story to end. The fillers won't - CAN'T - add anything.

13 chapters and Boruto left to adapt.

Well as I said the story has already ended, the main ones anyway. Feel free to stop watching because you're not gonna get anything canon anymore until Boruto starts. I'm not the one who was whining. I merely pointed out the fact that the anime's not ending yet isn't exactly a ground breaking news so what's the point of screaming for it to end? Fans would know that the novels would be adapted and anything in between is just to fill the gaps of the blank period, it's not like it was just announced yesterday you know.
Oct 21, 2016 12:19 PM

Apr 2014
Damn, that animation in Naruto part was beyond horrible, not even mentioning the boring OP and ED which is disappointing.
Oct 21, 2016 4:24 PM

Jan 2013
Naruto baseball wouldn't be that bad. Would be sort of like Kuroko's basketball where everyone has a special power.
Interesting episode, strange art style haven't seen it in Naruto that I can remember.
Oct 21, 2016 4:51 PM
Aug 2016
I loved this episode. I never thought that Studio Pierrot will experiment with Slice of Life style but looks like I was wrong. But unlike Itachi arc which just had a touch this episode was completely Slice of Life rather than regular shonen. Also the animation style was also that of Slice of Life. Detailed background, bright design characters, not always in perfect structure though. Honestly after watching Last battle, i was planning to start one but now seems like there is no need. Though one problem I had that background characters looked like aliens.
Oct 21, 2016 9:19 PM

Mar 2015
For all those of you bitching, how exactly does Naruto delivering more fillers impact your overall enjoyment of the show?

The anime has already covered 99.99% of the manga. Its job is already done. Who cares if more fillers are released? If you don't like fillers you could, well, just not watch them? I know, that bit might sound utterly shocking for a lot of you.

There's even a guy in this thread who was salty about more fillers being released because he could not set the show as 'completed'. Let that sink in. Someone is personally triggered and legitimately angry because he can't hit a 'completed' button on an anime site. Some you guys truly are a weird bunch...
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Oct 21, 2016 9:54 PM

Jun 2016
I'm pretty sure they're going to cover the Hiden material from the novels. It provides info about characters, fleshes them out, and is actually pretty interesting.
I think the fact that Sai was falling in the opening and Ino helped him up strongly hinted at the contents of the Shikamaru Hiden.
Oct 21, 2016 10:42 PM

Nov 2007
I guess the series will finish after TV Tokyo broadcast completely in 4k and the series will adapt as well.

At least I wanna see the weddings, espcially Naruto's one
Oct 23, 2016 6:20 AM

Jul 2012
Naturo is such a liar saying he never cries, He cried in the first half of the episode...
Oct 23, 2016 8:27 PM
Oct 2016
Woah... Did you notice the 1st team in the opening? Is TEMARI the new Team Guy member?
Oct 25, 2016 1:01 PM
Dec 2012
I basically hate all of you.

The shows over, you can stop watching now. Just leave. No one is forcing you to continue watching. How about leave the forums for people who actually enjoy this stuff rather than having your "im so edgey naruto is shit" pissing contest every week?
Oct 25, 2016 6:03 PM

Jan 2012
Katsu-kun said:
Damn, that animation in Naruto part was beyond horrible, not even mentioning the boring OP and ED which is disappointing.

SUSA_S said:
Does this series still need fillers
plz stop this nonsense and end it.
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
wait new OP and ED? they seriously plan on shoveling out more filler for another season when theres nothing left to adapt?

well that's Studio Pierrot for u guys , anyway you have posted what i wanted to say

i usually don't post negative posts

but common what's with this crap , how many times should we see those scenes over and over?

heard like 20 fillers eps are upcoming

Oct 26, 2016 2:28 AM

Jul 2016
The only good part was when Hinata was falling over all the time.

Watch that scene and you understand how shit Hinata is.
Oct 26, 2016 6:03 AM

Feb 2014
*wipes tears* the op was so good i dont want it to end!!!!
but i guess everything has to end at some point
Oct 30, 2016 1:14 AM

Jul 2008
I really like the new opening but still...
Nov 1, 2016 6:50 PM

May 2010
Yeah boring ep, poor animation, and wtf are they seriously saying that 3 years old successor of the clan is wandering around by herself and no one even noticed?! XD

But I need to take a moment to SQUEEEEAK, animation in the opening IS SO GREAT I LOVE IT, and GOD they hinted towards SAI X INO THAT'S ALL I EVER NEEDED 11/10
Nov 3, 2016 12:04 AM

Jun 2009
A new opening? That means at least another 12 apisodes or something. They REALLY don't wanna let go of this show, huh? Jesus...
Nov 5, 2016 11:07 PM

Jun 2016
Everyone's kinda cute <3
Nov 7, 2016 6:32 AM

Aug 2009
Next naruto anime will be baseball spinoff.
Pupupupu~
Dec 7, 2016 4:34 PM

Dec 2012
That new OP has me beyond hyped. The last episode was great but I admit I felt duped thinking that was the end. I don't mind some down time with these character episodes if there's more post-war story to come.

As for this episode, it was uniquely mesmerizing. Naruto's portion captures the constant solitude that Naruto faces daily, but it also shows how Hiruzen has been watching over him in his own way. Really loved that moment between them at the campfire. Hinata's half was very atmospheric and the snow gave it a tinge of nostalgia. Favorite part definitely had to be when Naruto entered the scene. "I don't have anyone but I never cry."
Dec 9, 2016 7:21 AM

Jun 2007
they are just pulling this out of their asses. we already know how exactly naruto and hinata have had their first meeting, and it's supposed to be A COUPLE OF YEARS later goddammit. and what kinda bullshit that naruto has been living alone since his birth. like ok... sure he changed his own diapers, and nobody ever gave him money for food, so he munched on dirt and tree bark. it was implied somewhere that sandaime was looking after him the whole time. and now we are told that he appeared only four fucking years later

everything about this episode was needlessly long and boring. but the cherry on the cake is this scene:
IRUKA GIVES A BLOWJOB TO RAMEN
see you, space cowperson . . .
Dec 13, 2016 4:41 AM
May 2012
Well, it was pretty nice in my opinion. I like the new OP and ED.
Dec 17, 2016 3:33 AM

Jul 2009
The new OP is very good.

It was nice and sad seeing Neji again...
Jan 15, 2017 11:38 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so from this episode onwards its the aftermath of the war then eh
well and before the main characters become who they are today as well

love the new opening though and the visuals that go with it as it shows the characters after the war

Poor Naruto though
His childhood must have been so hard for him
when he was perceived as the enemy and a monster

Even as a kid Naruto still had some good speed on him though
Hmm camping outside the village eh
well that way Naruto can be away from all those nasty comments and at the same time learn survival skills

Lol the third hokage really likes to pop out from time to time eh
Lol the lord third can be a funny guy sometimes
and he was loyal to the village till the end

Nice to see that Lord third's words managed to inspire Naruto
Love how they divided the two characters childhood by using their names in a very old font though

Neji was a great support character not just for Naruto but also for Hinata who looked up to him as well.

He sure was strong at that age as his father said
Neji was cute when he was little

Hinata was cute when she was little
Despite not liking combat she was forced to learn how to because of her bloodline
In a way she was similar to Naruto because her father favored her sister more and neglected her.

Losing his beloved father at that age though Neji must have felt horrible at the funeral and lost
But letting your young daughter wander out into the snow without stopping them
Hinata's parents really are negligent though

But i guess in Hinata's state of sadness no one can stop her
But at least here she met her future love Naruto though

A good episode that showed the childhoods of three important characters
It was nice to see how Naruto and Hinata actually met and at the same time see the relationship that Neji had with Hinata and his dad as well.
It was sad knowing what was gonna happen to him though but the moments between the two while brief was nice to see.

The animation used here was like the one used back in the first part of Naruto which i think was the point. I also loved the opening and ending themes used here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2017 7:26 AM

Sep 2014
Am I supposed to watch "The Last" naruto movie before or after this episode 480? I've been looking for the order of movies but no success.

(Episode 480 is just another filler; childhood memories and was not required to watch before the movie "The Last")
cHowaitoMar 23, 2017 12:29 PM
Mar 25, 2017 1:07 PM

Jul 2014
1st) I love the new OP!!
2nd) I really enjoyed watching the ED. Baseball is so out of place for Naruto that it was entertaining to what it. lol
3rd) This episode was really.... different. The art/animation, the execution, etc. If this didn't start Naruto and the rest of the cast, you'd have thought this was a different anime. lol But I still liked it though, even if I'd have preferred watching something set in the future rather than the past.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 2, 2017 6:17 AM
Apr 2011
Seemed very slice of life... unexpected for the series. Animation was good, the backgrounds were great.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Apr 22, 2017 4:03 AM

Dec 2012
So this is the crap they decided to do to honor the 700th episode of Naruto, which is the number the manga ended on. Fillers are more important to celebrate than the main story. Fact.

CeissaDesiste said:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.

The rules are simple common sense. Take that L with you to the grave you...
:)
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 22, 2017 5:56 PM

Jul 2013
I really should be avoiding these fillers but what the hell it's almost episode 500 might as well watch them all. Also Hinata's freaking adorable.
May 2, 2017 1:54 AM

Jan 2014
look like they're gonna animated each respective couples. this time Naruto and Hinata. next Sasuke and Sakura.
May 27, 2017 2:29 PM

May 2013
Time for some Naruto Chibi Life episodes lol
Jun 18, 2017 7:17 AM
May 2016
omg the new OP is freaking awesome !
Sep 10, 2018 12:14 PM
Mar 2017
Someone else noticed, it seems Pain smoking marijuana hahah

The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Feb 3, 2019 12:18 PM
Jul 2014
Tiny Naruto, tiny Neji, and tiny Hinata UWU I love these little blasts to the past. Neji acted as such a good older brother for Hinata when they were young. And when he said he would die to protect Hinata TT^TT I still can't believe he's gone. I son't understand why Hinata ran away during the funeral, but I'm glad her running away led her to Naruto. They really are perfect for each other <3 Naruto x Hinata Forever
Only 20 episodes left ;-;
Sep 14, 2019 11:21 PM

Mar 2015
Nice pair of mini-episodes! Onto the next one
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 19, 2019 5:35 PM

Jun 2017
Awwww baby Neji is too precious!!! They were all so cute when they were younger!
Jul 20, 2020 6:23 AM

Nov 2019
The Hokage is using a Laptop :)
Dec 17, 2020 1:18 PM
Oct 2019
How did Naruto get his money when he was a kid? I'd assumed until now that Sarutobi gave it to him, but this episode shows that Naruto had money before he ever even met him.
Apr 5, 2021 7:19 AM

Dec 2007
hinata story was more interesting, naruto's past is more known than how much fingers we have on our hands.

cool opening.
ed was strange though.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.