Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2016 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm the OP song is alright, kinda catchy imo.

I think the episode took on a more serious turn this time with the armed robbery. The catch is that the armed man is corrupted. Well this episode also shows that guns can't do shit to Matoi (when she is in her magical girl form).

The monster designs are strange, might have to get used to that. Oh and Claris is a badass!
Oct 11, 2016 8:46 AM

Apr 2010
Seems our heroine still has lot's of troubles ahead of her.
Like finding out how her outfit works and finding out what her powers are and so on.
She got the attention of the bad guys tho.
Oct 11, 2016 10:09 AM

Sep 2015
Damn I like the op, its been awile since i heard this kind of op.

Really can't wait for Yuma's transformation, if you look closely to it in the op, Yuma has 2 transformation - one is fox and the other is racoon(the tails)
Oct 11, 2016 10:27 AM

Mar 2013
I have to admit that opening bit with matoi trying to get home was a little funny no actually it was really funny especially when yuma-chan pretty much says if matoi get's off from running around naked was not expecting her to say that but I love it. once again I am not a fan of CG/3D things in 2D environments/Settings but it is still hilarious to look at. can I just say yuma's recklessness and lack of awareness might eventually get herself killed but I don't think it will ever happen since I don't think this is the kind of show that would kill off a main cast member unless it is that kind of show in which case don't kill her off just yet.
Oct 11, 2016 10:44 AM

Jan 2015
Oh damn. I thought the spy on plane can't handle that possessed woman. But after realizing him peeking at that "dimension", it become kind of confusing. Who is he actually?
Now Matoi's life just ruined more after that transform at school.
That scene where Yuma look at the monster and then "calmly" read the Exorcist Scroll is always fun to watch. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 11, 2016 11:52 AM

Jan 2015
I'm still not sure what am i supposed to think of this anime. Should i laugh? or should
i take it more serious. I guess at least I'm interested in what's going to happen next and I don't understand what's going or what'll happen next
Oct 11, 2016 11:59 AM

May 2015
The show is fun to watch and it's enjoyable, but I'm still not sure which direction this show will take. Well, it's still early. So far I'm enjoying it.

That ending was gold, lol.

Oct 11, 2016 12:34 PM

Dec 2014
well the episode was meh...still the whole plot is confusing
Oct 11, 2016 12:49 PM

Jun 2013
Usually when an episode ends with a girl naked the next episode starts with everything more or less back to normal or the girl at least clothed. I did not expect them to show Matoi go all the way back home naked which reminded of this one hentai manga/doujin I read...

Anyway, the thing Matoi got was a god who turns into her clothing and powers when she transforms into a mahou shoujo. And Yuma wanted those powers and since she didn't get them she wants Matoi today do the stuff she would have done – exorcism. And she has Matoi transform in school and everyone takes pictures and makes videos. And she probably ends up trending on twitter.

And at the bank, even though she wanted the pros to handle the situation, she goes in because she sees the darkness of the Nights or whatever and thinks that it may be dangerous for Shingo-kun. But she doesn't do anything because she doesn't know how to do anything. And the kinpatsu mahou shoujo comes to defeat the enemy and spouts some nonsense about Nights and gods and leaves Matoi even more confused. And Matoi ends up having to run home topless because her god had to come out to protect her from the blondie's shot.

And Matoi's mom may not be dead. She could probably be a mahou shoujo like Matoi now is and is on some mission or something. Shingo did mistake Matoi for her mother when she transformed and started to look similar to her mother. But then again, the jewel which led to the transformation was with Shingo or Matoi and not with the mother unless there are two of that jewel.

The OP was okayish and there sure was a lot of nudity in that opening sequence. This episode felt like it had better comedy compared to the first one. But I don't quite like how they try to push in some comedy with Yuma during those serious moments. It's like they're being full serious and then throw in Yuma trying to figure out what she should do. It doesn't fit at all. The throwing in comedy in between the serious moments is feeling a bit off here. It was off in the previous episode and it's still off here. The story is feeling a bit boring. They're starting to explain things a bit but whatever's happening isn't interesting me here. I think I should drop this soon. One more episode is all I'm going to give this.
Oct 11, 2016 1:22 PM

Mar 2013
And now we give a word to our expert, Noriaki Kakyoin
Oct 11, 2016 1:25 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode, definitely enjoying this so far!
Oct 11, 2016 3:25 PM

Dec 2014
I love the characters in this show. At least the main cast (that being the main girl, her father, and Toi-chan). The comedic scenes are hilarious as well.

Plus the action scenes remind me of Noragami for some reason.
Oct 11, 2016 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
Ending song by Sphere is sooo good!
Oct 11, 2016 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
The opening song was nice! The episode was so meh!
Oct 11, 2016 6:16 PM

Aug 2013
that ending tho aheuaheuae

I like the OP
Oct 11, 2016 7:34 PM

Aug 2009
I really dislike the fanservice in this one. Feels really out of place.

Matoi is a bad protagonist too, she's just getting harassed over and over again. The whole cast is kinda unlikable (besides Yuma), but I expected more from the main character.

Feels like Whitefox is trying way too many things at the same time with this show.
Oct 11, 2016 8:13 PM
Jun 2013
Great episode. If this keeps up, Matoi's going to turn into an exhibitionist lmao. Hopefully Matoi learn to master her power very soon.
Oct 11, 2016 10:32 PM

Nov 2012
the fanservice in this series is so unnecessary, and i can't really laugh at matoi always ending up naked somehow.
Oct 11, 2016 11:47 PM

May 2014
Nice opening
Also fanservice
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 11, 2016 11:49 PM

Jun 2015
OP sounds ok. More fanservice... CGI doesn't look that good. Comedy was decent. Girl in armor is cool. Meh episode.
Oct 12, 2016 12:35 AM
May 2016
The episode started Matoi running naked to get home, the ended Matoi running half naked again. lmao O_o Nice op, I like it. Yuma was fun to watch.
Oct 12, 2016 12:53 AM

Sep 2013
I have a suspicion that Matoi is going to be naked a lot in this series. I can't really figure out why though....not. Claris is pretty badass and Yuma is entertaining. I don't know why but I can't get behind Matoi for some reason. I don't hate her, but I don't like her either. Maybe that will change once she stops wishing for a boring life and has actual character development. I can't hate her just yet though, it's been only 2 episodes so I'll withhold my final verdict on her. It's not looking good for her though, especially when she has the silent avenger (my assumption) in Claris and the comic relief in Yuma.

Also, her father is too cringey, even comparing sizes between Matoi and his wife. Wonder how he will react when he finds out Matoi is actually the magical girl. I bet that will be a treat.

I like the OP song but the Opening Video is just like Fairy Tail's opening videos...filled with spoilers. Now we know Yuma is going to be a magical girl. Now it's a matter of how and when. Regardless of the spoilers in the video, I really liked the opening visuals.

2.5/5- Claris is cool. Yuma is fun. Matoi fanservice is already excessive and I really do not like the designs of the Nights and Gods. Hate that the opening video spoiled a lot for me. This episode was easier and more fun to watch than the 1st episode which felt like it dragged on.
TehSnawnOct 12, 2016 12:57 AM

Oct 12, 2016 3:17 AM
May 2016
Slightly worse than first episode. Can't believe how dumb the main girls are. I mean, even Subaru would yelled at the screen complaining how obvious everything's are.
You're a stupid weeaboo grow up
Oct 12, 2016 3:31 AM

Mar 2009
Kind of hope they stop with Matoi getting humiliated all the time
Oct 12, 2016 4:41 AM

Oct 2016
ibraheem234 said:
well the episode was meh...still the whole plot is confusing
That's what I think too :v but still Im waiting for yuma to transform thou ..
Oct 12, 2016 5:37 AM

Sep 2015
Why is this show so unpopular? It's pretty decent to be fair, besides from the yellow hardsubs and bad pacing.
Oct 12, 2016 9:50 AM
Sep 2015
That blonde girl was so badass! She reminds me of Homura Akemi.
Oct 12, 2016 12:37 PM

Mar 2016
I really enjoy the drawn animation but the 3D animation is like meh. Good show so far. Could do better with fan service pls.
Oct 12, 2016 1:30 PM

Mar 2014
was expecting a yuri show not this crap
Oct 12, 2016 5:01 PM

May 2015
Average episode, and perhaps a tad worse than the 1st one.

The whole CGI “stand” was really jarring... I also found the last scene with Matoi ruining half-naked to be awkward and unnecessary. Why doesn't she just jump the same way she did in the previous episode? There is no need to shame yourself.

Best part was the OP and Yuma “hectic” behavior... Frankly, I want Yuma to be the MC, not Matoi.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Oct 13, 2016 1:06 AM

Jun 2013
the OP and ED are cool and the episode was okay
Oct 13, 2016 7:28 AM

Apr 2015
decent episode...
OP and ED are good... like it...
looking from the OP, Yuma can transform too...
of course, Matoi doesn't know a thing since she transforms out of nowhere
that's not how you use a shotgun Matoi.. lol
Oct 14, 2016 4:30 AM

Jul 2015
Didn't think they were gonna continue with her nude... Anyway, the life of a magical girl is difficult, especially when your just starting out and there aren't any other magical girls currently known. Didn't think the robber dude was gonna straight up shoot her that quickly, that was kind of surprising. And she ended up partially nude again. But now I know her clothes are her stand.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 14, 2016 7:23 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm this was an ok episode i guess

So Matoi's mother was also a hero in the past then eh

Matoi's character though is hilariously funny though especially when she thinks everything was a dream until she sees that spirit lol

Yuma though is so cute and funny

Still any hero who was just granted their powers has to learn how to use them
first this is a rule that applies to everyone
So its not surprising that she doesn't know whats going on with her

And Roy somehow looks to be a bad guy considering what he did to that flight attendant but i wonder about Luciela though

Haruka's character Claris though is as amazing as ever
but since she's a veteran its no surprise

Im hoping that she would help mentor Matoi though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2016 10:55 PM

Oct 2008
So every end of the episode we see Matoi getting stripped of her Mahou Shoujo clothes!?
4/5.

Oct 15, 2016 1:59 AM

Jun 2014
It's a shame no one's watching this, it's really fun. Getting some Kuromukuro vibes.
:3
Oct 15, 2016 7:04 AM

Nov 2011
How is she going to keep up with buying clothes when she loses them every time she transforms? Will Yuma carry a spare outfit for her? :D

All in all, I really enjoy this anime. The girl combi is funny, Dad is cool, clerical techno demon hunters are badass. I bet the blonde demon hunter will be jelly that Toi-chan can do the tensou without gadgets.

Pretty young naked girls are a nice bonus to good art and animation. ED is good too.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Oct 15, 2016 10:59 AM

May 2009
ButtSlapper said:

I'm happy it's not generic yurishit.
Oct 15, 2016 12:26 PM

Mar 2010
meh. Another magical girl and Roy. wtf?
Oct 15, 2016 2:01 PM

Nov 2011
Toi-chan, Toi-chan! I've got a great idea for you! You should undress before transformation! This way you won't lose your clothes every time and you won't have to run home naked!

I'm a genius, right? :D

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Oct 15, 2016 7:11 PM

Apr 2011
This is really funny. It was hilarious to watch Matoi's troubles especially running away half naked at the end. Dunno what direction this show will take, but I'll be observing it for now.
Oct 17, 2016 1:36 PM

Sep 2012
Am I the only one that doesn't really like Yuma? I mean, yeah, she's cute and all. But she's getting really annoying... Probably cause she's oblivious to everything going on around her while putting her own agenda before everything else. She's one of those character that cause the pointless death of an actual good character. Though I assume her character will change soon cause opening spoilers, lol.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Oct 18, 2016 10:09 PM

Dec 2012
ButtSlapper said:

Please no, we have plethora yuri pandering mahou shojou anime.
This is refreshing one, having yuri just add this to your typical another nanoha anime.
Oct 20, 2016 11:16 AM

Jul 2009
Eh, OP's OK don't really like it that much. I agree Yuma's kind of annoying, and judging by the OP she'll be able to transform later as well. Hopefully we get a bit more explanation with the Nights and gods and Divine Union and stuff ... I guess the Nights create the alternate space that they fight in. Interesting how Matoi's god protected her from the bullet ... anyway, yeah I think we got to see the mechanics again this episode but I hope we get some more explanation :P Poor Matoi though being revealed like that ... in more ways than one XD
Oct 21, 2016 1:17 PM

Nov 2015
Matoi has a lot to learn.

"Please don't tweet this!!!"

Oct 23, 2016 6:09 AM

Dec 2013
I know this happens a lot in Anime, but I don't think I will ever be okay with heavily sexualized jokes about prepubescent girls.
Kind of boring for the most part, her friend is kinda funny though.
Oct 29, 2016 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
The most crucial parts of the episode, I would say that I'm not amused, in a broad sense, as I wanted. Narrative a bit subdued, light enough comic moments, perhaps it is because of those moments where I stood and saw the entire episode. Drawings and animations, sufficient. This anime series, must improve to keep up with the other anime series this season.
Oct 30, 2016 5:13 AM

Jul 2009
This girl have no luck, kinda a disaster like a magical girl.
Mar 20, 2017 4:58 PM

Nov 2013
Magical girl exhibitionism.

The "god" likes to peek at Matoi.

Nice action again this episode. As expected, Blondie acts like a bitch.

In the end Matoi was (partially) exposed again. She should bring clothes with her in the future.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2016

47 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 20, 2021 5:27 AM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2016

35 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 20, 2021 4:30 AM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2016

46 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 19, 2021 4:20 AM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2016

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 18, 2021 11:22 PM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2016

26 by RukakoisBestGirl »»
Oct 30, 2020 10:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.