Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2016 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this episode felt like pacing is slowing down a bit. The amount of info dump of the past related to parents of Matoi.

I guess this will set up for the final two episodes and Matoi likely playing a crucial role soon as part of this Generation. Gotta make her parents proud. Their enemies really gives me a Twin Star Exorcist vibe..
Dec 6, 2016 8:47 AM

Sep 2015
My god, the twist at the end. It is true that wherever Matoi is, the evils will follow. But then who knows her exact location? revealed. Clap hands to Matoi's father, I thought he only figure out the evils are aiming Matoi, he even figure out Pochi the mastermind.
Dec 6, 2016 9:47 AM

Aug 2016
wow, such a great episode, can't wait for the rest :o
Nanika ga Okashii
Dec 6, 2016 9:59 AM

May 2012
Oh snap, I knew Pochi was super suspicious. Well, guess we'll see whether he actually is putting up a silly facade or is just normal next episode.

I personally feel the pacing this episode was a bit fast

Dec 6, 2016 11:08 AM

Mar 2010
How does Shingo know... Badass though...

Well hopefully he ain't harmed for confronting pochi :(
Dec 6, 2016 11:45 AM

Jun 2015
We got to learn more of Matoi's mother. She was ordered to go to the higher dimension. The twist at end was unexpected. I wonder how Shingo figured it out.
Dec 6, 2016 12:12 PM

Mar 2014
BlackstarFallen said:
We got to learn more of Matoi's mother. She was ordered to go to the higher dimension. The twist at end was unexpected. I wonder how Shingo figured it out.

I believe that the chief said that to no hurt more Matoi, otherwise Yayoi's flashback about fighting vs the nights until death would be contradictory.
Dec 6, 2016 12:25 PM

Feb 2013
Well, Soushin Shoujo Matoi just pulled a Persona 4

Dec 6, 2016 12:42 PM

Nov 2015
Oh the twist at the end!

Dec 6, 2016 3:44 PM

Apr 2010
So a new villain made his appearance and a very dangerous one this time.
And with Fatima being attacked things could turn very interesting.
Claris seems to be in trouble as weel considering her powers are disappearing.
Dec 6, 2016 4:07 PM

May 2015
Oh damn, intense episode. I liked it.

I didn't expect that ending though. Guess you could say it was a twist.

Dec 6, 2016 4:44 PM

Jan 2011
damn they just pulled a persona with that ending,not sure how Shingo figured it was him
Dec 6, 2016 5:26 PM

Dec 2014
Pochi is the main villain?! Actually never expected that to be quite honest.
Dec 6, 2016 5:28 PM

Aug 2013
that ending..
wtf pochi?!
Dec 6, 2016 6:04 PM

Jun 2013
So Shiori went to the highest dimension to close the gate and then never returned. She's probably still there and Matoi will probably meet her when she goes too. Things were dropped on her so suddenly that she didn't know what to do. If she ended up suffering the same fate as her mother, then Shingo would be alone and that's not good, not to mention she'll vanish too. She decides to go because she made a wish to become normal and she has to become abnormal for that wish to be fulfilled.

And wtf was up with that ending? Pochi is Set? For real? Or is Shingo just mistaken? One possibility about Set I was thinking is that Shiori is Set. She killed Set while sealing the gate and couldn't escape so she assumed this form. But Set sounded like a male till the very end so who knows. But Pochi being Set or even a bad guy is too much. There was really no hint that he could be something more than what he is. We'll have to see what this plot twist is.
Dec 6, 2016 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
One of the best episodes!

Kato's light arrangement of the main theme never gets old <3
Dec 6, 2016 10:00 PM
Mar 2016
Set is dead i mean that phegor guy said that he saw set's corpse when he was wandering around in the space between dimensions and about pochi i think he might be a good guy too who knows lol :p
Dec 6, 2016 10:04 PM

Oct 2012
Mmmm I liked pretty much everything this ep except for Matoi's moment of conviction. It probably has more to do with how this is only a single cour series and I probably expected a bit much but I found the moment where she sees her God and gains resolve to be quite rushed, it can be excused pretty easily though because she elaborates on how to fulfill her wish of being normal, she has to be a bit special a bit later into the ep but it felt jarring to me when she was so uncertain and then in an instant she seemed to resolve everything.
I actually really liked that phrasing though, a nice little quote there from Matoi. "I want to be ordinary. To make that happen... I guess I'll have to be pretty special!"

Yuma was super supportive and caring for Matoi, love their relationship and I hope to see Claris grow closer to them still.
I still hope that Claris achieves a true divine union during the series. I was beginning to suspect Pochi, when you consider the people that would actually know where Matoi & Shingo are on a near daily basis, there aren't many.

The art seemed to fluctuate a little more this ep but it wasn't too noticeable, next ep is the departure I guess. Also seems like Pochi probably escapes from Shingo

Olem said:
Oh snap, I knew Pochi was super suspicious. Well, guess we'll see whether he actually is putting up a silly facade or is just normal next episode.

I personally feel the pacing this episode was a bit fast
I also felt his ep was a bit fast. Like they kinda glossed over a great chance to develop Matoi and some others more. We didn't really get a whole lot of buildup for Matoi's moment of resolution, it kinda skipped from her uncertainty straight to her resolution which was sorta disappointing for me but I still loved the ep nonetheless.
gust11Dec 6, 2016 10:12 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 6, 2016 10:32 PM

Dec 2009
I've been very pleasantly surprised by this anime. It doesn't get so much talk as it's not one of the mainstream series, but the execution of this show is just so good.

There's no rushing or overdramatic stuff, or cringy use of clichés. It's also been doing an exceptional job of pacing and mood-setting. This show's BGM adds so much to the ambiance of a scene (it's a lot like YuYuYu's). With the music and timing, and the gracious way it glides into a solution: the moment Matoi brings in the unification power, it has so much emotional impact.

Matoi quickly comes to terms with the fact, that in order to fulfill her wish, she will have to drag her mother out of the 24th dimension and stop the Knights. She's made the decision to go to the end of the world.

Some people might not like overpowered main characters, but i personally really like them a lot, if their progressions and emotional hurdles are well founded.
GenesisAriaDec 6, 2016 11:11 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 7, 2016 2:18 AM

Dec 2014
2 episodes left... I hope matoi's mother is alive ... nd shigo learns the truth about her daughter
Dec 7, 2016 2:45 AM

Jan 2015
It finally come. The hole on the sky. And it seems this time, only Matoi can save humankind.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 7, 2016 3:25 AM

Nov 2012
oh damn, what a twist at the end! didn't expect pochi to be a villain tbh
Dec 7, 2016 10:17 AM

May 2009
Turns out Pochi was Adachi.
Dec 7, 2016 2:32 PM

Mar 2008
Well who would have guessed Pochi is the big bad!? A shame this series took so long to really get good but it's finally showing to be a good show. Now wish it was a little longer maybe then the pacing would have been fleshed out a lot better. Now we move into the climax and I'm excited.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Dec 7, 2016 10:37 PM

Oct 2016
gaddamet pochi ..
Dec 8, 2016 10:37 AM

Aug 2016
Pochi yoou scum !!!! we trusted you man :(
Dec 8, 2016 1:11 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A pretty enjoyable episode of revelations and story.
its nice seeing Yuma and Clarus worry about Matoi
and also seeing Matoi accept that this is something
that she must do.
Seeing her finally awaken fully though is really something

So it was Shiroi that protected Shingo in the last episode eh
So the villain from last episode was vanquished eh

So the main villain shows himself finally
so their main goal is to unite all dimensions into one eh
one where they can rule eh

So only those with unification can actually see the hole then eh
so the true threat reveals itself one again eh
just like what happened 10 years ago

lol Clarus's retainer is lacking a bit in common sense
of course you should have gotten two rooms lol

lol Azu appearing out of nowhere
speak of the devil lol

So the shrine maidens finally tell Matoi about her mother
given the dire situation that they are in right now its normal

man it seems like bad news if the hole opens fully
so Matoi's mother was sent to the higher dimension then eh

Hmm so even Yuma and Clarus are not strong enough to make that journey
even of they wanted to eh
meaning that Matoi is fated to be the one that will go

Hmm Matoi wanted to know whether Shiroi left her family willingly or not eh
but in this case she was just following orders

Wow Yuma throwing that tantrum lol
I understand her reason for doing it but still blaming the adults won't
change anything

Its good that Matoi realities that this is something that she must do
and that only she can do. Her care for her father though is really something

hmm a focused strike on the anti creed's base to knock that faction out
of the game eh

man this new villain looks powerful

seeing the whole cast fight though is nice
but man that guy is pretty powerful

its also nice to see Clarus and Yuma fight to stop Matoi from feeling the pain
of leaving her father by fighting on her behalf

wow good save from her god there
Seeing Matoi transform never gets hold
Matoi gets more and more powerful by the episode lol

With a strong will and a goal in mind Matoi is now fully awakened
finally lol

wow Matoi managing to dispatch that enemy in one blow
She sure has come a long way from how she was before

so the creed killer is still alive then eh
and set is not who he says he is either
and man to think that Poichi is the villain
what a twist lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2016 2:26 AM
Mar 2012
The sky is falling!
Shiori reveal was expected, but that double twist man. Set not set, and Pochi, who are you?
Matoi's monologues & Yuma's bf defense were great, really strong va performance.
Dec 25, 2016 11:15 AM

Dec 2015
Surprise! The incompetent guy being the big bad in disguise is always funny. Though I couldn't believe it when Pochi's silhouette was revealed.

A (ex-) maiden to sacrifice every ten years sounds like a good solution, I guess. (I should have seen that coming as soon as the magical powers were linked to "gods" and miko)

Nothing special, but 5/5 ^^"
Dec 29, 2016 7:09 PM

Jun 2013
Solid episode! and a shocking cliffhanger!
Jan 19, 2017 4:02 AM

Oct 2008
This is such an amazing episode!
full of feels.
the mother of Matoi, Shiori, is the one who stopped the calamity ten years ago.
I have a hunch that Shiori is just trapped on the 24th dimension which is the highest dimension!
Matoi is fully awakening! awesome!
5/5!

Jan 20, 2017 3:31 PM

Jul 2009
Poor Matoi having to do all of this :( So now we finally know the story behind Shiori's disappearance though. I bet she was left at the highest dimension and then lost her god somehow? So Matoi will have to go and close the gate again to bring her back. I always sort of suspected Poochi would play a bigger role than just comic relief, turns out I might be right :O I wonder what Shingo figured out?
Jan 27, 2017 10:31 AM

Jul 2009
Finally we know what happened to Matoi's mom!
Pocchi being "possessed" by something was a surprise...
Mar 23, 2017 7:32 AM

Nov 2013
The Nights are hard to beat in arrogance. They view the human world as twisted, when their place of origin looks equally, if not more, twisted for humans.

Matoi is a big threat for them.

They got played. Serves them right. I wonder, who this figure really is. Maybe Matoi's mother?

You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 6, 2017 6:01 AM
Sep 2015
Nooo Pochi was my favorite character, he can't be the villain! This is a lie!
Oct 20, 2021 4:30 AM

Mar 2013
The cliffhanger was odd. To think he would point a gun on his partner, why? How did this happen? lol

Anyway, I'm glad Matoi is fully awakened, I think but maybe not.

What will happen later I wonder...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2016

47 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 20, 2021 5:27 AM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2016

46 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 19, 2021 4:20 AM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2016

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 18, 2021 11:22 PM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2016

26 by RukakoisBestGirl »»
Oct 30, 2020 10:14 PM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2016

34 by TheBigGuy »»
Mar 23, 2017 3:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.