Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho' Gets TV Anime Adaptation for Spring 2017

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 2, 2016 7:11 AM
May 2015
"Zero Kara Hajimeru"
"White Fox"

LOL, that fucking coincidence though.

On another note, I thought this was going to be a prequel or sequel to Re:Zero. Got my hopes up there for a sec. Either way, I'll still watch this because it's by White Fox.

Oct 2, 2016 8:07 AM

Dec 2012
More garbage tossed at us thanks to the success of the previous garbage.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Oct 2, 2016 8:29 AM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
Now more LN adaptations are on the way it seems.

Bring a Psycome adaptation and I'll be the happiest girl on the planet regarding LNs.
Oct 2, 2016 8:46 AM

Jul 2015
Whitefox...just make a Utsuro no Maria or G-senjou no maou anime already lol
Sup...
Oct 2, 2016 9:26 AM

May 2011
Stark700 said:

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho is written by Yoshinori Shizuma and illustrated by Kakeru Kobashiri.

It's the other way around. Kakeru Kobashiri is the writer and Shizuma the illustrator.
Oct 2, 2016 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
Mike4992 said:
Another 'Zero' anime, great...
I'm more pissed though with the fact that White Fox studio decided to animate this in the Spring 2017 season instead of Steins;Gate 0, whose adaption has been greenlit since March 2015 and Steins;Gate 0 is currently placed 4th in the 'Top Upcoming Anime' Section on MyAnimeList. This means that Steins;Gate 0 has been delayed again. Great.

It hasn't been delayed... they just announced it when they started creating it dumbass. This was in production first.
Fai said:
SkyWing0 said:

Oh no, it was delayed? I'm hyping for nothing for S;G0. Please they need to focus on that.

We have not heard of S;G0 for a loong since now. IT is safe to assume WF decided that it would be more profitable stomping out generic isekai LN adaptations every season now than to work on actually good and creative things(I don't blame them considering how overrated by mainstream ReZero ended up being). I can't wait till people start touting this as "deconstruction" and "aoty" and all the other crap.

The genre is fantasy, not "isekai" lmao.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but the story is about a sorceress and a kind beast. That's sounds pretty damn original to me.
TyrelOct 2, 2016 4:51 PM
Oct 2, 2016 12:24 PM
Oct 2016
Please don't forget to cite your sources for the synopsis, as that translation was done for/by the fan translation group Nanodesu Translations.
AerTLOct 2, 2016 3:35 PM
Oct 2, 2016 12:25 PM

Nov 2011
ColdBreeze said:
Uh, so this airs at the same time as AOT and OPM.

Wait, did OPM Season 2 got confirmed as a Spring 2017 show?

Oct 2, 2016 12:33 PM

Mar 2013
Oh, this looks promising out, I'll sure this watch!!!

Edit: After this pattern I guess that Wite Fox sometime also this adapting will...xD
Oct 2, 2016 1:12 PM
Dec 2011
I remember seeing the LN somewhere and thought it'd be cool to see an anime adaptation and here it is by non other than White Fox!
Oct 2, 2016 1:24 PM

Aug 2008
Re:Zero > Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho > Steins;Gate 0

White Fox aiming for all zeroes success :D

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Oct 2, 2016 1:30 PM

Sep 2011
Guy at WhiteFox: Sir, Re:Zero season one was a massive success, and fans have been anticipating for Steins;Gate 0 for months now, I think for our next project we should do a second season or either one of the two shows

Producer: No. How about we do this other Light Novel that also has Zero in it? The girl's hot

Guy: But sir we will have defi-

Producer: ZERO

Guy: Sir-

Producer: Don't care, make this me this show
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Oct 2, 2016 1:38 PM

Dec 2012
God, what a tease. Saw the title, the image, "witch" and thought "No Re:, must be prequel story of SATELLA HYPE AF YES!"

Siiiigh, still looks interesting but I'm to be bedridden for the rest of the day over this tragic development.
Oct 2, 2016 1:40 PM

Apr 2014
Clickbait. Reported.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Oct 2, 2016 2:27 PM

Nov 2011
ColdBreeze said:
Stark700 said:
Wait, did OPM Season 2 got confirmed as a Spring 2017 show?
After checking it again, I was wrong. Looks like it wasn't even stated.

I wonder where I got that from... sry.

Ah I see :p

Spring might get a bit crazy next year.
Oct 2, 2016 3:40 PM

May 2016
Stark700 said:
ColdBreeze said:
After checking it again, I was wrong. Looks like it wasn't even stated.

I wonder where I got that from... sry.

Ah I see :p

Spring might get a bit crazy next year.

Judging by stuff I heard and read it just might get crazy and this series seems fun
Oct 2, 2016 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
In all honesty for a second I thought it was going to be another season of Re:Zero Lol, but I am quite interested in this one of course, if I can be really honest with you. Seems like White Fox wants to try a lot of fantasy stuff which isn't a bad thing, its pretty nice. Also the fact that they're starting to make more stuff to put their name there imo.
Oct 2, 2016 9:32 PM
Mar 2016
When I read the title, I wonder if this is related to Re:Zero. But then I remembered reading this name and also "Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku" on Oricon LN charts here in MAL. Yeah pretty much similar titles. Death March seems popular so I also expect it to be animated. Isekai domination time.
Oct 3, 2016 1:54 AM

Oct 2013
LOOOOL Pensé en Re:Zero omg
Oct 3, 2016 3:18 AM

Apr 2013
I like how most peoples complaining stopped at the title+picture without reading the synopsis lol. Isekai? Err it's not xD.

A beast going in a journey to become human? hmmm, the beast is anthropomorphic, so a kind of beastman then. Why not, that could be nice.
Anthropomorphic important characters aren't that common. We'll get some with Sukasuka anime in 2017, guess we'll get even more. Is this the beginning of the anthropomorphic reign in anime? x)
ZefyrisOct 3, 2016 3:22 AM
Oct 3, 2016 3:50 AM

Oct 2012
Just when I was about to read this, adaptation comes. Well, I'm gonna have to either do some speed reading, or just watch and pray the adaptation doesn't suck.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Oct 3, 2016 3:53 AM

Mar 2013
Hey @stark700, I did the PV for the anime found...xD You can this then to your OP-post add^_^!

Tenryuu1Oct 3, 2016 4:26 AM
Oct 3, 2016 5:17 AM

Nov 2011
Tenryuu1 said:
Hey @stark700, I did the PV for the anime found...xD You can this then to your OP-post add^_^!

Thanks, I added the preview to the post.
Oct 3, 2016 5:23 AM

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
Thanks, I added the preview to the post.

Lol, not to thanking, I'm happy somehow helped to have...^_^!
Oct 3, 2016 8:55 AM
Jan 2016
@stark700

Hi Stark, this is Aer from Nanodesu Translations! You may have missed my earlier message in the thread, but that's all fine and good. If it's not too much to ask, could you please credit Nanodesu Translations for our work on the translated synopsis of Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho in your news article on the anime announcement? I just happened to notice that you do credit other organizations such as Baka-Tsuki for their work on the Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku synopsis in your article on the anime adaptation of that series, so I was wondering if you would be able to do the same for us. A simple parenthetical citation would do, like the aforementioned Baka-Tsuki citation.

Thanks for your hard work!
Oct 3, 2016 10:45 AM

Oct 2013
I hope White Fox don't go too far with adapting more anime and put more effort into Steins;Gate 0
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Oct 3, 2016 5:46 PM

Nov 2011
AerND said:
@stark700

Hi Stark, this is Aer from Nanodesu Translations! You may have missed my earlier message in the thread, but that's all fine and good. If it's not too much to ask, could you please credit Nanodesu Translations for our work on the translated synopsis of Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho in your news article on the anime announcement? I just happened to notice that you do credit other organizations such as Baka-Tsuki for their work on the Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku synopsis in your article on the anime adaptation of that series, so I was wondering if you would be able to do the same for us. A simple parenthetical citation would do, like the aforementioned Baka-Tsuki citation.

Thanks for your hard work!

Yes, I just added the credit for that as the original source entry also list it for Nanodesu.
Oct 4, 2016 4:13 AM

Apr 2015
I came.
I got tricked.

Still a bit interested in the series, but not enough to add it to my PTW or anything.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Oct 4, 2016 1:08 PM

Sep 2014
Zefyris said:
A beast going in a journey to become human? hmmm, the beast is anthropomorphic, so a kind of beastman then. Why not, that could be nice.
Anthropomorphic important characters aren't that common. We'll get some with Sukasuka anime in 2017, guess we'll get even more. Is this the beginning of the anthropomorphic reign in anime? x)

Honestly, I would love to have more anthropomorphic main characters like the big white tiger mercenary in anime/manga. They are most of time designed huge, badass and look ferocious/cute in the same time.

I say that because I can't stand anymore this souless J.pop idol design we got in countless shows or most of characters are pretty (To be frank, It's a big reason I don't watch Rokka no Yuusha. No offence... )
Oct 4, 2016 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
Balong said:
Zefyris said:

Honestly, I would love to have more anthropomorphic main characters like the big white tiger mercenary in anime/manga. They are most of time designed huge, badass and look ferocious/cute in the same time.

I say that because I can't stand anymore this souless J.pop idol design we got in countless shows or most of characters are pretty (To be frank, It's a big reason I don't watch Rokka no Yuusha. No offence... )

I'm sure Rolonia manchetta would be happy to be called pretty xD. Chamo doesn't especially strike me as pretty either, and so does Hans, but why not .

But, yes, more anthopomorphic would be a nice addition to anime. It's not like every single fantasy story needs the main cast to have some tho. Rokka has some on the opposite side. Carguikk is pretty much an anthropomorphic lion, for example.
Oct 8, 2016 8:08 PM

Apr 2014
Tenryuu1 said:
Oh, this looks promising out, I'll sure this watch!!!

Edit: After this pattern I guess that Wite Fox sometime also this adapting will...xD

aww yiss, please let it happen lol.
期待しているよ、私のサリアだって、嘘ばっかり!
でもねアンジュ、あんたがいなくなれば、私の方が強いってわかれば,
それができるなら、何もいらない!
Oct 9, 2016 12:56 PM

Dec 2009
This looks cool, and I knew you guys would deliver by saying Re:Zero 2.0.

The trailer kind of gives off some Guin Saga vibes.

Look forward to watching it nonetheless.
Oct 10, 2016 8:12 AM

Jun 2011
Tenshi_Shura said:
Oh dear. Here we go again with the industry's obsession with the word "Zero".
Came here to say the same thing, and it's more like "Zero kara Hajimaru". From what I have observed, whenever there's a new anime-related trend in Japan, studios or publishers always hop onto the hype train and just milk it try. For example: SAO anime was really popular, before that we don't really get a lot of MMO type of anime, but since then, we've gotten a shit ton of it, and it doesn't seem like the trend is stopping anytime soon.

In this case, it's probably the "Zero kara Hajimaru" thing. It's annoying because they leave no room for something new, rather than beating a horse that's already dead. (well not really, but you get what I mean) Animation can do much more, it's them who're limiting the potential. Shame.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 11, 2016 12:03 AM

Nov 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
Tenshi_Shura said:
Came here to say the same thing, and it's more like "Zero kara Hajimaru". From what I have observed, whenever there's a new anime-related trend in Japan, studios or publishers always hop onto the hype train and just milk it try. For example: SAO anime was really popular, before that we don't really get a lot of MMO type of anime, but since then, we've gotten a shit ton of it, and it doesn't seem like the trend is stopping anytime soon.

In this case, it's probably the "Zero kara Hajimaru" thing. It's annoying because they leave no room for something new, rather than beating a horse that's already dead. (well not really, but you get what I mean) Animation can do much more, it's them who're limiting the potential. Shame.

Lol, you are wrong if you think that anime adaptation of Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho wasn't planned before Re Zero even aired.
Oct 11, 2016 3:19 AM

Jan 2015
At first i though it was Re:zero.
Oct 11, 2016 4:52 AM

Jun 2011
MKusanagi said:
Lol, you are wrong if you think that anime adaptation of Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho wasn't planned before Re Zero even aired.
:o is it? I don't know how these things work, but I highly doubt it. What are the chances that this series with a familiar title just happened to be green-lit before/after the success of another similar title. Unless you have proofs, and even then, I still stand corrected on my other points.

By the way, Re:Zero is 2 cours long, so you're saying that it was planned half a year ago that this series was gonna be animated? This isn't a huge project like a big budget movie, it's just a seasonal anime. Besides, it didn't air the season after it announced the news, there's tons of time to get a TV slot, pre-animated the episodes, all that stuffs in 6 months time, from now.
Oct 13, 2016 5:00 PM
Oct 2016
When I first saw this I watched the PV and was like: "THIS IS RE: ZERO! LIKE...THE PREQUEL!"
I mean, like if this was actually a prequel to Re:Zero or some sort of side story, then this would definitely fit. The demi-humans visible, the magic, the witches, even the world looks similar. I'm not saying I'm hating this anime for having similar Re: Zero elements. When this anime comes out, I'm definitely going to watch it.
Oct 15, 2016 4:22 PM
Jan 2016
ToG25thBaam said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho does not belong to the "Zero Kara Hajimaru" pseudo-genre. Although the title contains the phrase "Zero Kara Hajimeru", there is nothing "starting from zero" about this anime/series. I would recommend taking some time to read the manga/LN or, if you don't have the time for that, to peruse the synopsis (as given on pretty much every aggregation site) and develop a deeper understanding for the plot before bashing anything.
Oct 15, 2016 4:27 PM

Jun 2011
AerND said:
Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho does not belong to the "Zero Kara Hajimaru" pseudo-genre. Although the title contains the phrase "Zero Kara Hajimeru", there is nothing "starting from zero" about this anime/series. I would recommend taking some time to read the manga/LN or, if you don't have the time for that, to peruse the synopsis (as given on pretty much every aggregation site) and develop a deeper understanding for the plot before bashing anything.
I am not bashing the content of this series, I am speaking out on the issue this industry have in more recent time, that by following a popular trend, regardless of the content, they're limiting themselves to what they can make. Even though the series itself has nothing to do with "starting from zero" and whatnot, you gotta admit that at first glance, it reminds you of Re:Zero and it catches your attention, that's what they're going for imo.
Oct 15, 2016 5:23 PM
Jan 2016
ToG25thBaam said:
AerND said:
I am not bashing the content of this series, I am speaking out on the issue this industry have in more recent time, that by following a popular trend, regardless of the content, they're limiting themselves to what they can make. Even though the series itself has nothing to do with "starting from zero" and whatnot, you gotta admit that at first glance, it reminds you of Re:Zero and it catches your attention, that's what they're going for imo.

I can certainly see where you're coming from and agree with the point you make about the industry as a whole, but from what I gather, the problem you're mentioning relates more to the content of certain anime being very similar in nature rather than something as superficial as mere titles. Because this series has basically nothing to do with Re:Zero besides the title and began serialization nearly three years back (before Re:Zero reached critical mass) under this name, I just can't see how White Fox picking this series up is following a "popular trend" and "limiting themselves to what they can make," when this series is completely different from Re:Zero and is therefore not part of a trend. Indeed, this anime announcement really isn't a good example to use if you're going to criticize anime studios for following popular trends in show content, as it's really only an ostensible similarity and nothing related to constricting the creative freedom of the studio to conform to a particular trend.

White Fox probably was looking for that delicious "Zero Kara Hajimaru" brand recognition though, we can both agree on that :>
Oct 17, 2016 4:44 PM

May 2015
Well, because I love Re:Zero, I'll definitely give this show a shot. :)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» TV Version of 'Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction' Anime Movie Announced

DatRandomDude - 52 minutes ago

1 by GrumbleDango »»
2 minutes ago

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - May 18

20 by tinker3bellz1 »»
10 hours ago

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - May 18

15 by Tiyuen210 »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - May 14

42 by mokkocchi »»
Today, 5:10 AM

» 'Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made' Announces Additional Cast, Ending Theme

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by 18927 »»
Today, 2:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.