Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 1, 2016 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, they just got right into this...

Reintroduction of the main characters and Haruka working with them again. Personally, I liked the OP song for this season better than the previous one. So many flashy moments. The guys already singing all over the place this episode with those blue suits ha
Oct 1, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2007
Continuing from last ep. of last season. Still competing for opening act of the festival. Senpai group got it. The winning group suggested for rematch, seeing audiences not satisfied.

It takes a month to think about the decision? Then a series of new songs to steal her up...

3 new songs for each group by the main girl for the rematch... I think that's too much for her. lol @ laughing of both bosses of the agencies. Her friend is both worried about her and cheering for her. ST☆RISH looking back at their road with her.

Proper ED clip, unlike previous EDs which uses mostly live clip. Not commenting on OP because saw the full OP PV elsewhere and is satisfied.

(Edited after watching the complete ep. in raw because I missed many parts while watching live-stream because of bad internet connection, and the first raw was the wrong one)
tsubasaloverOct 1, 2016 4:54 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 1, 2016 11:24 AM

Jul 2012
wtf five new songs in one episode? kill me

i also like tempest more than the previous three seasons although i heard the preview a while ago, so it wasn't new to me

heavens song was really nice! i didn't really feel the other two as much bc heavens song really stunned me LOL

the ED song by starish was very nice! although, i was a bit bothered when cecil started singing and the tempo felt awkward there? idk i have to replay it. the tempo in general was a bit unsteady bc it jumps from ballad to their normal dancy upbeat songs.

this season feels very epic so far, i'm really excited to watch more!
Oct 1, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2011
I really liked the three-song compilation they did with Heavens, QN, and Starish. The composers did a really good job mixing everything together. I also liked all of the songs they showed in this episode.

Art and animation is great as always. I can't wait to see what this season has in store for us. ^^
Oct 1, 2016 1:57 PM
Sep 2016
I really liked the episode! The song that featured everyone in it was really nice, especially since it changed from group to group. The opening was fantastic! Best UtaPri opening by far! And the ending was adorable, but I don't know how I feel about it yet. It doesn't live up to its predecessors, but it's certainly different!

3 songs... man I feel bad for Haruka but you know they'll be awesome! I got really excited when QN initially won because they deserve some credit but I was a little surprised by the move they made. It was a bit expected though.

I can't wait for next week! I wonder what will happen because I don't think the duet cd stuff they announced will start for a few weeks. It'll still be awesome!

Also, the creators totally planned the final episode to be the concert because on TheAnimeNetwork, the last episode is listed for December 24th! (Yay! Merry Christmas to the fandom! We can all watch that and then watch the Shining Star Xmas special! ^.^)
Oct 1, 2016 2:05 PM

Mar 2013
Yes I have been waiting for this since the end of the last season and what a start. oh the music in this rarely disappoint's that op that ed What the hell is not to love about this? I just hope nanami plays a bigger role in this than just writing music.
Oct 1, 2016 2:13 PM

Jan 2015
The art and the animation in this episode is absolutely beautiful especially compared to a lot of the Previous season, and the music, like always, is great. I'm not even upset about the lack of a dance during the ending theme because of how cute the art is.

HyperSonicMagicOct 1, 2016 2:16 PM
This ship is canon and no one can convince me otherwise.
Oct 1, 2016 2:18 PM

Jun 2014
Well, this was something indeed. After the fact that Season 3's finale was a slog, I was hoping that this season's premiere would be better because I really liked the first season, liked the follow-up, and was more mixed on the next part.

In the end, I think this was slightly better than Season 3's reintroduction. I mean, it was more entertaining. And THANK GOD HEAVENS has a new song! I still don't like them, but if the slipper fits......

STARISH isn't going to get their individual characters back (I think that's proven at this point), but good to see more of QUARTET NIGHT and RANMARU! Out of all of those "pick-up lines," his was my personal favorite and one of the least gross.

Overall though, I wasn't the biggest fan. I'm giving the first half of this season a go in hopes that it will be at least good, but let's see if the animation will be all-around more consistent than both B-Project and Qualidea Code. Too many still frames and weird transitions in this episode (and an unflattering shot of Haruka during her phone call with Tomo), and this is easily one of A-1's best animated series.
DazzlingAnime1Oct 1, 2016 3:43 PM
Oct 1, 2016 2:33 PM

Jul 2011
I want to get kidnapped and sung to by pretty boys while they invade my personal space and throw me around like an object too. Fk my human rights!

On a more serious note, song overload much... The Heavens' one was the best imo. Quartet Night's didn't quite feel like their rhythm, but I'm biased toward em.

Are they finally saving the dance for finale reveal? :D
Oct 1, 2016 2:44 PM

Jul 2012
DazzlingAnime1 said:
but let's see if the animation will be all-around more consistent than both B-Project and Qualidea Code
dude have you not watched tsukiuta
Oct 1, 2016 3:35 PM

Jun 2014
Mayuka said:
DazzlingAnime1 said:
but let's see if the animation will be all-around more consistent than both B-Project and Qualidea Code

I haven't actually. XD I know there's CG though, and I plan on watching it in the future.
Oct 1, 2016 3:38 PM

Jul 2012
DazzlingAnime1 said:
Mayuka said:

I haven't actually. XD I know there's CG though, and I plan on watching it in the future.
That's the best looking idol Anime that exists :') Definitely check it out!

Also they have the best composers too, 13 are big name vocaloid composers (yuyoyuppe and machigerita for example)
Oct 1, 2016 3:41 PM

Jun 2014
Mayuka said:
DazzlingAnime1 said:

That's the best looking idol Anime that exists :') Definitely check it out!

Also they have the best composers too, 13 are big name vocaloid composers (yuyoyuppe and machigerita for example)

Alright then. I'll watch it as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I'll sit over here and fangirl about the return of Ranmaru Kurosaki.
Oct 1, 2016 6:58 PM

Nov 2012
Favourite OP and ending of all four seasons! They really did just jump right into the plot. I laughed when the directors were riding around Haruka on tricycles, haha~!

Oct 1, 2016 8:08 PM

Dec 2008
Where's my pelvic thrusting OP?!
Oct 1, 2016 9:13 PM
Apr 2016
That's it. Heavens can just win the entire thing with that song.

"I support you above everyone else." Does anyone else ship Haruka and Tomo-chan after this episode XD?

The OP and ED are all very nice and they seem to be slower and more emotional than the other seasons. I like how they made a different ending sequence to save the dance for the last episode.
Oct 1, 2016 10:16 PM

Dec 2015

So is the new insert song actually one song sung by 18 seiyuus? Or does the song have 3 different versions for the 3 groups?

I've already heard Tempest before and was hyped for it, and yup it's my favorite Utapri OP so far. It sounds more emotional than the previous 3, but I think it's a good thing. The insert song is pretty fantastic too.

Great art and animation this week, a far cry from season 3. (I laughed when they showed the infamous Revolutions CG in flashback, it's a far cry from Tsukiuta alright.) Of course Haruka gets kidnapped. Well, the upcoming episodes should be interesting, and I'm looking forward to the new STARISH-HEAVENS songs.

DazzlingAnime1 said:
Mayuka said:

Tsukiuta's CGI is a lot better than Utapri (not that that's difficult to achieve), but really it's pretty nice to watch, and the last episode's animation is just gorgeous.

When you watch a lot of idol anime and start hearing the same voices everywhere... Not that I'm complaining.

Edit:
Tsukizono said:
"I support you above everyone else." Does anyone else ship Haruka and Tomo-chan after this episode XD?

Already did since like season 1 yo
starlightshineOct 1, 2016 10:29 PM
Oct 1, 2016 10:32 PM

Nov 2012
so by the looks of it we'll have to deal with HEAVENS the whole season huh? please no :(
Oct 1, 2016 10:37 PM

Jul 2015
starlightshine said:

So is the new insert song actually one song sung by 18 seiyuus? Or does the song have 3 different versions for the 3 groups?

There is only 1 song title and title was sang by all 3 groups in the final 3 lines. So yes it is 1 song.
Oh yes, utapri 6th stage next year with all 18 seiyuus. \(OoO)/
Oct 1, 2016 10:43 PM

Dec 2015
nzpnkrckrgrl said:
There is only 1 song title and title was sang by all 3 groups in the final 3 lines. So yes it is 1 song.
Oh yes, utapri 6th stage next year with all 18 seiyuus. \(OoO)/

Nice! Thanks for telling me :) and wow how long will the stage be then lol, 5th Stage was already 3.5 hours!

And hey I recognize your username :)
Oct 1, 2016 10:52 PM

Jun 2014
My favorite idol boys are back! Loved all the music in this episode!

I still don't like Heavens, but at least they are a lot less annoying!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 2, 2016 2:36 AM
Mar 2010
10000000000000/10.

That was so ridiculous I had to stop watching from time to time. I couldn't stop laughing. Oh my Lord, I missed you so much UtaPri, even if your season 3 was kinda crap.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 2, 2016 4:27 AM

Jun 2014
silverwalls said:
so by the looks of it we'll have to deal with HEAVENS the whole season huh? please no :(

Same here TBH. I don't really understand the appeal to them, plus it doesn't help that Eichi come across as a character that wouldn't feel out of place in a fanservice show. Eiji is my favorite personality-wise, though I think Shion would have to be my personal favorite design-wise (I would say Yamato, but his hair design this season is ugly to me).
Oct 2, 2016 5:06 AM

Apr 2014
yeaaaah ,more boys to the harem so good i was expecting the ending with starish dancing and singing think i itwill be a surprise...and this time we will have to wait to their appearance in triple s
Oct 2, 2016 6:36 AM

Mar 2016
Ittoki's so perfect <3.
As always.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Oct 2, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2009
Another proof that only the first season of this was any good, after it it just went downhill and keeps going, flamboyantly and colorfully so. I hope HyperSonicMagic is right and we'll at least see Satsuki this season...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 2, 2016 9:46 AM
Sep 2015
I can't help but notice Nanami's glow! And I'm actually warming up to her now. Heck I'd be glowing if 3 different groups of bishies fought over me XD

Tomo-chan looks even more sophisticated and grown up and I absolutely adore the close bond between her and Nanami. I was moved by the scene when Tomo told Nanami that she supports her more than everyone else awhhh.

I ABSOLUTELY loved the confessions and suggestive parts too!
Oct 2, 2016 1:38 PM

Aug 2015
I just accidentally stumbled upon this show.
First thought was "Oh geeze, this looks near identical to B-Project", and then I looked to see "Oh. Same studio. Well then, there you go.", and then I see that this is the 4th season of this show.
So, BRB, gotta catch up on 3 seasons.
Oct 2, 2016 5:30 PM

Jul 2012
I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT HEAVENS GUYS!
Nanami's harem is never going to stop growing XD
Just being kidnapped by a bunch of hot singing guys, the usual. No girl, seriously, call the police.
How I misseed old and crazy UtaPri XD

It summarizes the show really well XD

Oct 2, 2016 7:19 PM

Mar 2015
I didn't realize how much I missed these little fuckers until I watched the first episode.

Okaeri, boys! UtaPri ~

taynis said:

It summarizes the show really well XD

Lel. I knew somebody would post this :D
Oct 2, 2016 7:39 PM

Oct 2011
So far it's already better than season 3 *u* The only thing that pushed me to watch this season was Heavens shocking crash into the competition and I'm so happy that I decided to stick around (so far).

I'm please that it looks like this season will be a little more emotional. Don't get me wrong, I love Utapri ridiculous humor but the character development was so shallow last season it was painful to watch.

Can Heavens just win now? They sound so much better than Quartet Night and Starish >_<

And HOLY SHIT TOKIYA!! He's going to slay me.
Oct 2, 2016 10:39 PM

Oct 2011
Utapri Ahhhhhhhh
Quartet won. New competition with all 3 groups. Nanami had to write their song
ahhhhh that song ahhhhh
Op And ed ahhhh
Oct 3, 2016 3:10 AM

Apr 2014
heavens should get it. their song and performance was pretty nice, though i do think starish's song is catchier.
Oct 3, 2016 4:08 AM

Jul 2012
My brain is tainted, everytime they grabbed her I expected her to get bit. lol

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Oct 3, 2016 4:31 AM
Jun 2016
XD So many songs! So many members! So much flirting! I'm so happy!!! XD And the animation finally looks really polished and fancy ~
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON!
I want her to end up with Tokiya <3
Oct 3, 2016 8:47 AM

Oct 2013
i promised myself id see this season through to the end no matter how much i didnt want this season to happen... but the promise of more heavens screen time is making me want to reconsider that lol
Oct 3, 2016 11:47 AM

Apr 2011
is it me or this season more embarrassing to watch? lmao.
I'll still be watching this though. It looks like the goal of this season is to make us fall in love/ (at least like) with HEAVENS. we'll see about that..
Oct 4, 2016 7:00 AM

Apr 2010
5shin said:
is it me or this season more embarrassing to watch? lmao.
I'll still be watching this though. It looks like the goal of this season is to make us fall in love/ (at least like) with HEAVENS. we'll see about that..

I still can't tell about the whole season, but this episode for sure. All this over admiration for Haruka... even those from heaven who see her first time. Even if it's just sweet words... It's disguisting. At least songs were nice. I hope the song will be better than last season.

Oct 4, 2016 10:17 AM
Mar 2009
I'm the only one that think this episode is boring?

Nothing new and the songs wasn't very good =/
Oct 4, 2016 12:13 PM

May 2010
Loved it! It already feels a lot better than previous season. I guess they came back to using more silly and ridiculous ideas, and getting even more "rapey" but I'm fine with that :D Songs are a lot more catchy too. New opening is really good, definitely better than "Shine".

Lack of "live" ending really surprised me, could this indicate that this is the last season of UtaPri? :o
Hopefully no more awful CGI! I really miss these hips too:
Oct 6, 2016 4:43 AM

Mar 2015
It was great, this take the madness to another level, but it´s the best of the series. But the ending was dissapoiting, static images? Where are my pelvis moves?

The opening was great too, the sexual voice of Mamoru Miyano is perfect.

sorry for starish but Heaven s has better boys (maromos), and their song is great
Oct 6, 2016 10:37 AM
Oct 2016
Okay am I the only one upset that Otoya hadn't been able to confess his love for Haruka LIKE AT ALL for the first 3 seasons, and then just "I love you" in front of all the other dudes like NBD.

WAT. WAAAAAT.

Also I joined just so I could complain about this.
Oct 6, 2016 11:23 AM
Mar 2016
Oh man , they just added more harem members.
Oct 6, 2016 12:19 PM

May 2010
MeltedChaiLatte said:
Okay am I the only one upset that Otoya hadn't been able to confess his love for Haruka LIKE AT ALL for the first 3 seasons, and then just "I love you" in front of all the other dudes like NBD.

WAT. WAAAAAT.

Actually I think that this is a mistranslation - he says "Nanami, daisuki da yo... Nanami no uta ga" which basically means "Nanami, I love... your songs". But yeah, at first I was quite confused and surprised as well :D
Oct 6, 2016 12:48 PM
Oct 2016
Kitsu-nee said:
MeltedChaiLatte said:

WAT. WAAAAAT.

Actually I think that this is a mistranslation - he says "Nanami, daisuki da yo... Nanami no uta ga" which basically means "Nanami, I love... your songs". But yeah, at first I was quite confused and surprised as well :D

I see! Well that makes me feel better at least. Thanks for clearing that up!
Oct 7, 2016 6:13 PM

Apr 2016
That was a beautiful comeback!! I missed this anime, so I'm happy to see them back and happy. ^^ I'm so proud of my Quartet Night. <3 Even though they won, they did not want to perform under those conditions - I like that they respected the fans' voices. Quartet Night are so honourable. <3 It does make sense for these three bands to compete again fairly. LOL, when flashbacks of each of their performances appeared... They were all so good, I wanted all of them to win! xDD

This time, STARISH can improve and work harder! They were naive back in season 3, thinking they'd be the performing act... They're still new, so there's plenty of room for improvement. ^^

As for HEAVENS, I am hoping to learn more about them.

I love the images that appeared in the ending theme song. <33 Everyone's interactions were CUTE!! Especially Rei-chan putting the blanket on Ranmaru. :)

LOL, I really did laugh out loud when Haruka was pulled into Quartet Night's van and then STARISH's helicopter!! This series never fails to entertain me... :P It got really nostalgic when Tomo-chan mentioned the days when they were students... >< It really does feel like ages!! And the boys grew up, so I'm also happy. :)

Haruka looked incredibly cute in her new outfit, btw. <3 Looking forward to her music
Cloe900311Oct 7, 2016 6:17 PM
Oct 13, 2016 10:44 AM

Feb 2014
I think this episode worked as good recap of what the previous season was about (I had forgotten) but it was pretty clear at the setting the stage (haha).

This episode also totally makes me ship Haru x Tomo <3

and not really relevant but
If a unidentifiable car came driving towards me at full speed and someone grabbed me and pulled me inside and a bunch of people started to randomly sing at me I think someone would end up being punched in the face.
NaminaeeOct 13, 2016 10:53 AM
Oct 18, 2016 4:24 AM
Jan 2016
This is just my personal opinion...but I think this anime getting crazy in every season...especially with relationship between Haruka and the boys.

I must admit that this season is getting good plot.Of course Revolutions too if I compared to 2000%.But...still I doesn't get romance as basic aspect of this anime.

Until HEAVENS in seven member appeared,I can take that Haruka has potential to being loved.But I think its be better if Broccoli can think about possibility to make Uta☆Pri 2 or something with another heroine and the Princes is HEAVENS boys.

This is just my opinion,and doesn't mean to make who loves Uta☆Pri with Haruka as heroine angry
Jan 12, 2017 4:13 PM

Feb 2015
doramiller said:
I'm the only one that think this episode is boring?

Nothing new and the songs wasn't very good =/

none of the songs were.

Kitsu-nee said:
Loved it! It already feels a lot better than previous season. I guess they came back to using more silly and ridiculous ideas, and getting even more "rapey" but I'm fine with that :D Songs are a lot more catchy too. New opening is really good, definitely better than "Shine".

Lack of "live" ending really surprised me, could this indicate that this is the last season of UtaPri? :o
Hopefully no more awful CGI! I really miss these hips too:

maybe it would have been better if it had sakuga/key ani.
---------
....why am i back for another season? oh yeah, because syo is the best MC.

i didn't like that molesty type of grabbing the boys did to nana-chan (my own mafe up nickname). kinda creeper me out. speaking of nana the milking of her doing all the songs is almost disgraceful, she's a genius not a machine.

well now that i have recently gotten into BB,2NE1, exo etc i can at least understand the whole "idol" thing, beforehand it had completely bewildered me.
Oct 25, 2017 4:12 AM

Oct 2009
This episode felt lazy and drawn-out in my opinion. But in a way, I get it cos it's the first episode so they intend to refresh the audience's memory about the main characters. It gets kind of laughable at times tho from the way Haruka was pushed around like a ragdoll and being thrown cheesy one-liners at her.

The plot for this season seems to be intriguing so I can't wait to see the future episodes.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

40 by HikariShoumeiron »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:49 AM

Poll: » [Poll] Uta no Prince-sama Legend Star favorite character.

Lyrel - Oct 30, 2016

11 by jesi2 »»
Dec 29, 2021 6:13 PM

» Will there be a 5th season of Uta no prince Sama?

Minjaeii - Dec 30, 2016

16 by jesi2 »»
Aug 10, 2021 3:27 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

33 by Liaeves »»
Aug 21, 2020 11:53 PM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

21 by Liaeves »»
Aug 21, 2020 7:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.