Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2016 3:50 PM

Nov 2013
Nanashi said:
Suwa that sly bastard. That's why he said they don't have to go after them. He placed that notice in advance (Naho would never think of something like that...).

Damn. The phone. Is it happening again? omg it is.

REALLY? Are you kidding me? They didn't get to him in time?

FUCK. Those bastards. For a moment I fell for it. This was one of the few times the drama didn't feel forced (talking in general. this anime didn't have much drama that wasn't created by Naho).

Also Hagita basically saved Kakeru's life. If he hadn't "destroyed" the bike this would have turned out exactly the same way as in the parallel world.

Well. That's it I guess. Now I need to know how their future develops. Are they going to end up in the same pairs or does it actually change anything?

edit: Was i the only one who wondered about the "double" episode time? after 20 minutes I was really wondering why they are not coming to a conclusion until I noticed why. Not that I mind though.

lol i was surprised at the notice too =D
fml i fell for it too, but then he was still alive and i was like YES =D

about the bike...not sure if that is true...if he didn't destroy the bike, kakeru would go there and they were already waiting for him there to stop him...
since he didn't appear in time (took longer cause no bike) they ended up looking for him at his house and then got to the accident place too late (that's why he was on the floor)...
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 25, 2016 3:58 PM

Dec 2012
Extra long for the finale episode which is nice to see.
Naho & Kakeru finally talking it out & clearing up everything.
Sweet hug there.

LOL Hagita resting on Kakeru's shoulder so casually.
Kakeru finally realizing he doesn't want to lose his friends & narrowly escapes death.

Haha Hagita breaking his bike. The Savior.
Happy ending in the end.

Overall it was an enjoyable series. I enjoyed reading the manga & the anime adaptation was pretty good overall. Such a great group of friends. Suwa was a great Bro. Hagita & Azu all the way.
Had its Ups & Downs.

And we got an announcement for a movie. How nice.
8/10
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 25, 2016 4:03 PM
Jun 2016
What a nice ending' everyone happy, Suwa being best bro for giving up his bride to be and Hagita being 2nd best for destroying that bike <3!
Sep 25, 2016 4:07 PM

Jun 2012
Suwa is a cuck and future Naho is a cunt for NTR'ing him. That is all.
Sep 25, 2016 4:07 PM

May 2011
I definitely felt shivers when the truck came and Naho's narration of not being able to change the future started.

This anime brought out my shoujo side. HanaKana did an amazing job. The other main characters were also very well cast; they made the show much more enjoyable.

I instant rated 10/10 when I began. I am retaining that score, since I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this season.
Sep 25, 2016 4:15 PM

Oct 2015
Here I come to shitpost!

I was planning on watch this anime, especially after manga fans hyped it up to be one of the best Shoujo, but end-of-term exams and graduation got in my way for the first couple episodes. After that I just sort of forgot about it till it popped up in my feed and I thought I'd check out what the forum had to say and have been stalking the episode discussions for a few weeks now.

Judging from the comments it's everything I feared it to be. Grossly overhyped Shoujo melodrama where the generic hot guy with family problems ultimately gets with the bland self-insert MC and the nice guy side-love interest, who is just there to act like a hurt puppy and gain sympathy points from the audience who just as easily forgets him in the end because regardless of how much of a good person he is you were always rooting for the hot guy x MC pairing, ends up alone. But don't worry, he's a good guy, he'll find someone. Probably. And I wonder why I don't invest in more shoujo... They're skin-changes of the same thing.

So tell me, is one of the MCs a transfer student? Does he/she sit by the window? Is there a bitchy girl character who bullies the MC for her close relationship with hot guy?
Sep 25, 2016 4:28 PM

May 2010
MoonStar9 said:
So tell me, is one of the MCs a transfer student? Does he/she sit by the window? Is there a bitchy girl character who bullies the MC for her close relationship with hot guy?

Yes, no and yes.

But I don't really get the point of your comment. Are you wondering if you should watch it? Because yeah, judging by your post I'm pretty sure it's not for you. I don't really understand judging entire series based on a few comments from other people though :v
Sep 25, 2016 4:31 PM

Oct 2015
Kitsu-nee said:
MoonStar9 said:

Yes, no and yes.

But I don't really get the point of your comment. Are you wondering if you should watch it? Because yeah, judging by your post I'm pretty sure it's not for you. I don't really understand judging entire series based on a few comments from other people though :v

You don't understand contemplating watching something based on feedback?
Sep 25, 2016 4:44 PM

Feb 2015
This final episode is very good and the feelings are all around in the scene where Kakeru decides not to die. It's inspiring, slow pacing but very good. And some great characters like Suwa. The last two episodes have a good animation and excellent backgrounds. All I have to say, for me a very good anime.
Sep 25, 2016 5:06 PM

May 2013
Holy shit Suwa is the best. I was expecting some kind of typical secondary character cringy bullshit but Suwa handles it like a boss. 8/10, which is very average for me mostly because the Kakeru and Naho can be frustrating at times to watch but nevertheless still gave me the feels.

note: holy shit didn't realise as I was binge watching, the last episode came when I was 3 episodes away. just found out it ends today lol. was wondering why there was so little comments in this thread.
KrasaSep 25, 2016 5:15 PM
Sep 25, 2016 5:09 PM

May 2010
MoonStar9 said:

Pretty much yeah, you could post exactly the same comment under any other shoujo series and you'd be right. There is more to any series than just tropes it uses, and Orange was "overhyped" because people loved the manga, so there has to be some reason they enjoyed it. But hey, that's just my opinion.
Sep 25, 2016 5:18 PM

May 2015
I had my problems with this series, but that ending was really good.

I was finally happy to see Naho act on what she said she would do at the beginning of the series and that group embrace with Kakeru was pretty touching.

To be honest, I was definitely not the biggest fan of both Kakeru and Naho as I felt that most of the problems I had with the series besides the poor art/animation at times, revolves around Kakeru and Naho.

Not just Naho, I had major problems with Kakeru as a character though I think it's best that I don't say anything haha.

Overall, this was a really good finale that kinda redeemed Orange for me. 7/10 looking forward to this sequel movie!
Sep 25, 2016 5:20 PM

Jan 2014

"That's what this story was all about."

I'm so happy. That end was handled very nicely. I'm glad that Kakeru chose to live and will remember him when I struggle with my own depression.

Now if only him, Naho and Suwa had a polyamory relationship together then everything would be perfect!

Seriously though, Suwa is such a great guy. He truly loved both of them and was happy just to see them happy.

AND HAGITA THOUGH. THANK YOU FOR BREAKING THAT FUCKING BIKE. YOU DA MAN.
JotakakSep 25, 2016 5:25 PM
Sep 25, 2016 5:35 PM

Oct 2012
Happy end, why? o_O

Even though I'm happy their future self realized they simply can't erase their regrets, that they only can come to terms with it, I think it would actually be a lot better if their letters were just a gesture to cope with their sad feelings and if all this series just an imagination or their dream of how ideal world would appear to them. Whole this parallel world theory as put in this anime was just nonsense and in drama like this it had no place and was needless - it would be better if they didn't mentioned it all, not taking anything from the mystery.

Also, I already said this before but Kakeru x Naho had no chemistry whatsoever, quite contrary - whole series it was evident they maybe have crush on each other but aren't compatible with each other. This was emphasized by many awkward moments between two of them before. Suwa, on the other hand can talk to her easily and I'm not really happy he simply gave upon her in favor of someone else, even when he saw the photo of their child (it's not like there can't be future where Kakeru is alive and Naho x Suwa are a thing).

But what bothers me even more is that they didn't really do anything to actually "save" Kakeru. It's not like Naho didn't confessed to him before yet he was still convinced by the same thing in the end (along with some happy moments, I understand that but still). After he broke the phone he became really unlikable character with his attitude and I even stopped caring whether he survives or not which is the thing that shouldn't really happen in series like this.

All in all, it was really great series up until episode 12 (animation budget aside as it didn't matter much for me). But then it threw away everything good there was to it and gave us really unsatisfying and half-assed ending.

What were the morals of this story then? They could make it all bittersweet like orange and go with "life goes on and even sad things and regrets are replaced by moments of happiness someday" but instead they gave us the ending which lacks a deep message at all. Cause the fact that paralel worlds where everyone is happyes exists is something I really can't relate to.

You know the saying that bad ending can doom the whole series? Well, this happened to this anime too. Two episodes ago, I was ranking it 8 and was even thinking about 9 if thing turned out well by the end. But right now, the highest score I can get is...

6/10 And only because the rest of the series was really great.
Sep 25, 2016 5:50 PM

Jan 2016
Hagita actually broke the bicycle hahahaha
I was personally with Ueda "lame" but still cute <3
Still don't understand why he is so triggered but whatever Kakeru...
They shared the future letters and letters of regret to his death, and apologized for ignoring the letter and being friendly, well done gang.
Was a bit unique to the movie i watched and loved it, hope they have a future life OVA or whatever it's called.

Sep 25, 2016 5:55 PM
Jan 2016
FINALLY IT`S OVER... (3/10)
Sep 25, 2016 6:00 PM

Jan 2013
It was a happy end, i was actually that something would happen to Suwa .It would have been better if Naho and Kakeru weren't so retarded xD
Suwa is still the MVP for me. Can't wait to watch the anime/movie where he stays with Naho ;)
After all,Hagita broke Kakeru's bike hahahaha
I was expecting an ending where they would show Hagita x Azu together.
Can't wait for the Suwa's ending #TeamSuwa
Great ending, 8/10.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 25, 2016 6:01 PM

Sep 2015
With the film announced for later this year it could not come any sooner.

This is a beautiful series that shows animation is much more capable than anyone gives it credit for. While yes there are some little things to cut down on the animation budget (disappearing noses anyone?), its a purely great emotional ride to the end. When you talk a pure piece of character drama I will always put this on a list of must watches. It deals with a subject matter rarely tackled in any medium and does it better than those that have tried. Well Done.

Credit goes to the guys at Minimalistic-Animoo Deviantart Group for the vectors.
Sep 25, 2016 6:25 PM

Apr 2013
Naho literally just blatantly wished for a future where she's married to Suwa out loud and got no reaction whatsoever. Okay then.

Anime was cool, I guess. Can't say I was hit with the "feels" it was trying to bring, but objectively speaking I don't think it was bad.
SJ7izmSep 25, 2016 6:29 PM
Sep 25, 2016 7:20 PM
Dec 2015
amazing!! loved it from start to finish! wish there was mopre though even if just in the manga.
Amazing dram,romance art, story and characters. cant say anything negative about it. i want more like this!!
Sep 25, 2016 7:21 PM

Oct 2012
SJ7izm said:
Naho literally just blatantly wished for a future where she's married to Suwa out loud and got no reaction whatsoever. Okay then..

I also found that extremly weird, and not only that but he literally confessed there too.

Even more, when Suwa was like "We could even prevent your mother's death but we didn't do that, sorry." we got another non-reaction and happy face from Kakeru and I found that extremely out of character for him.

And their multiple futures resolution is basically the same as if creators said: "We couldn't decide how to end this so we'll make happy endings for both". Really easy way out if you ask me.
Sep 25, 2016 7:58 PM

Jun 2015
I connected a lot with Kakeru in this finale. I've had similar thoughts where I just want everything to end because my life is not so great. Being rescued by friends who really care about you must be the best feeling ever to experience. Seeing how they would go above and beyond in order to save was really something. I wish I have friends like that. I cried a bit when he was saying those things since I've said them myself. This was truly a great finale.

Having said that, this series had some downsides. Those would be the animation for some episodes and how Naho can be so dense. But after watching this episode, I'm glad she was able to correct herself. Overall this series is a 7/10.
Sep 25, 2016 8:03 PM

May 2011
Not a bad Anime but definitely could've been handled better. The ending was satisfactory and it had its nice moments but in a character driven show like this one the characters have to be on-point which wasn't really the case here. Suwa definitely gets the MVP though. Looking forward to that Movie.
Sep 25, 2016 8:50 PM
Oct 2007
It was a decent ending. Show was pretty good, if the animation hadn't been so bad, I might have given it better grade if it hadn't been for the derpy animation, and the characters just being kind of dumb at times
Sep 25, 2016 8:56 PM

Jul 2016
Ah yes, what a satisfying ending. I like how this was a longer episode than the usual.
Yay

Sep 25, 2016 9:35 PM
Aug 2011
Suwa's a babe... holy shit he'll pick up your broken pieces and put you back together.
Brogita will fuck up your bicycle and save your life, even till this day we don't deserve him.

Naho is boring as hell and watching her being infuriating for a long time has transcended mediums for me and now I even like the manga less than I used to.

This episode was definitely much better than some previous ones but apathy set in hard ~6 episodes ago I can't say I care anymore/10.
Sep 25, 2016 9:55 PM

Jul 2015
Hagita #bestbro

It's really nice how the anime makes you think you've been watching for more than 20+ minutes with the pacing. After all, it was just a few chapters if you're reading the manga

but literally the last ep was 38 minutes long though. I didn't realize that lol

Too bad we've had to put up with the poor animation/drawing from time to time

I liked how they added some scenes that just add color to the show (like that band during the festival or something)

Soo, I'm just glad to see this in motion, in color and sounds and stuff! Gonna go around 7-8/10!

Sep 25, 2016 10:30 PM
Aug 2015
Well this is abou the episode 13 only, great final episode, it would be nice if the future them have so way to know if they succeed, but yh this episode felt loooong, preety good huh
Sep 26, 2016 12:44 AM

Dec 2015
Seriously, does noone think that future Naho is really a horrible person?
She's married to Suwa, has a kid with him, she's suppsedly happy, and yet she wants to tell her former self to get with another man... That's like straight up telling to her husband that their wedding was a mistake and she regrets it...
Sure she might have had a crush on Kakeru first, but she doesn't even know if it would have worked out, while her actual relationship with Suwa seems perfect, why would she want to change that?

I get that they all want to save Kakeru, but it's not like the only way of saving him is dating him. I don't know anyone who would agree with their SO telling them "i wish i had confessed to my first crush so i would be with him now instead of you".
Sep 26, 2016 12:45 AM

Apr 2016
Great anime. I cried almost every episode.The story was amazing. I gave it 10/10

Sep 26, 2016 1:09 AM

Jul 2012
Well that's that. The show was great at first but casually declined over time which was quite a shame since it had so much potential. Decent show overall, mainly wished the cast was better if anything.

6/10
Sep 26, 2016 1:15 AM

Dec 2009
So at last the anime ends. It was a good episode, I'm glad it was longer and adapted pretty much by the manga. The bike trashing by Hagita was epic :D his reaction and the beating he gets by Azu was funny too. It was kind of confusing when the truck stopped and the driver rushed to the group, but wasn't showed talking or asking how was Kakeru. It was weird and unnecessary as in the manga the truck just passed and didn't stopped. Again, the animation good have been done much better.

In regard to the overall series, it's a 6/10 for me. I liked the manga very much and I don't usually read a lot of it, so it could have been done a lot, lot much better. Suwa - one of the best characters ever. It's a pity they didn't show the message from his future self where he says " Please make soccer your dream, let Kakeru have Naho " or something like that. It was on Kakeru's birthday. Really, a lot can be said about him, great person.

Hagita, the mood maker. Really he was so funny sometimes. Azu and Taka, that's some nice friendship out there. I liked Taka for her strong personality and how she protected Naho that time. Naho ... a clueless and dense little girl. Suwa, there are better girls out there for you ( Taka, for example, they would suit each other IMO :D ). Still, she tried hard and tried to change.

I see a movie sequel was announced, hope it's not just a recap of the series and looking forward to it.
Sep 26, 2016 1:26 AM

May 2013
Yarrowia said:
She's married to Suwa, has a kid with him, she's suppsedly happy, and yet she wants to tell her former self to get with another man... That's like straight up telling to her husband that their wedding was a mistake and she regrets it...
Sure she might have had a crush on Kakeru first, but she doesn't even know if it would have worked out, while her actual relationship with Suwa seems perfect, why would she want to change that?

I get that they all want to save Kakeru, but it's not like the only way of saving him is dating him. I don't know anyone who would agree with their SO telling them "i wish i had confessed to my first crush so i would be with him now instead of you".

Exactly! I was expecting Naho to still end up with Suwa but Kakeru still happy and alive in an episode. a few moments later that expectations were shattered. Some parts are indeed forced and strange like when Suwa told Kakeru that they could have saved his mother and stuff. And yes what you said. guess this is why the anime isn't a 10 when it could've easily been.
Sep 26, 2016 1:37 AM

Jul 2015
Suwa, Hagita and Azu really drove the show for me. They were great characters and I'm glad that they'll be the main attaction of the new movie. The last episode was great and the animation undoubtly improved, they must have saved their budget for it I guess. Overall 7.5/10 but the movie will most probably be an 8 or a 9. I'm hyped!
Sep 26, 2016 1:48 AM

Mar 2008
9/10 because it's a great adaptation. Also last ep was pretty great, I'm glad it was 40min long.
Sep 26, 2016 2:23 AM
Feb 2016
Had way too high of expectation since the manga got all the rave reviews and the manga got live-action adaption and anime adaptation too. First few eps were stunning and hooked me but as I watched it turned bland. Drawings were not drawn well, same problems kept repeating; like mainly the problem between Naho and Kakeru while Suwa keeps pushing them together and the rest of the group tries to help too. Even if the letter exists but if Suwa's not there I'm sure no matter what happens the past will just repeat itself. End of conclusion: not an anime that I'd like to re-watch again.
Sep 26, 2016 2:24 AM

Sep 2013
To be honest, I can't tell if Hagita saved the day or almost ruined it! XD
Sep 26, 2016 2:41 AM

Oct 2012
Tetsaiga said:
I see a movie sequel was announced, hope it's not just a recap of the series and looking forward to it.

Actually, it is a recap of the whole story. Only from Suwa's POV and with different ending (Kakeru dies).
It would be basically similiar to seeing the story from Kakeru's POV in ep12, explaining needless things (which I thought it was completely unnecessary for this series to do).

fluffy_maus said:
Dammit, for one moment I thought the author really did it. I was hoping this show would end with Kakeru's death and a message like: "Life is no do-over. It's full of regrets. Deal with it! At least you did what you thought was the right thing...".

Another nice twist would've been if Suwa had thrown himself in front of the truck to save Kakeru. Kakeru lives, but Suwa dies. You try to erase one regret - and get another one instead. ┐(' ~`)┌

That would be the ideal ending for me too, I think the same. It's not like the series can't deliver strong message only if it ends on possitive note with happy-end (well, quite contrary actually as it would be bittersweet ending like this which would make this series unforgettable).
Mich666Sep 26, 2016 2:56 AM
Sep 26, 2016 2:42 AM

Sep 2008
To be honest, I think the whole series lost its potential after more and more episodes. Sure, I cried at the last one, but I cry at almost every single One Piece episode... so fuck this.

Anyway, Orange is a pretty good anime for those who want to get into the slice-of-life stuff. It is easy to follow, and you get the hint of the emotional theme. However, in the end it's just one another generic shoujo series. I don't like the idea of this whole... "I am way too shy to say what I want to say"-bullshit. This show proves what's wrong with Japanese society. Japanese men like girls who play dumb and stay quiet (have seen a pretty interesting reportage about this issue recently) – and Naho represents exactly what people believe to be a Japanese role-model. I hate that. Instead, Suwa is absolute gold... it was like watching Saitama with hair, and a not so egoistic personality.

ANYWAY... the main message of the story was actually really good, as I also have a certain family member who tried to kill himself several times. But Orange feels a little bit too much like a positive fairy tale... when someone suffers from depression, you cannot cure this person just with happy memories and moments and bla. But I liked the message... and it was quite nice. But not realistic.

Well... I'm off waiting for the new Mob Psycho episode as this shit makes me cry as much as Orange... maybe even more.

Oh yeah, I gave Orange a 7/10, since it provides some pretty nice moments for those who want to get into shoujo anime.
Sep 26, 2016 3:28 AM

Apr 2016
i didn't enjoy this show, a bit fucked up imo. Lost interest, don't like Kakeru or naho. Suwa went through a lot because of naho and her stupid ass
Sep 26, 2016 4:12 AM

Feb 2012
Everyone, except for Naho and Kakeru were awesome in my opinion. Naho was a bland character throughout the show. She knew what was coming yet she hesitated to act upon the instructions that was given in the letter. Kakeru was annoying at times, but it's understandable given the situation he's in. Suwa and Hagita were best bros, HANDS DOWN. Same goes with Naho's girl friends. I'm happy they were able to save him, but I was hoping for a Suwa ending. Or even a future scene with Kakeru.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 26, 2016 4:18 AM
Jun 2016
Yay! Happy ending, I'm so glad. Cute how Suwa and Kakeru both get Naho in different worlds haha.

I've read lots of posts saying that the manga is better than the anime though so I'm keen to read it! I've never read manga before though so I don't know how it works. Can someone please help? Where can I buy it, or can I read it online in English or something? Probably stupid questions but I'd appreciate someone helping a beginner out :^)
Sep 26, 2016 4:20 AM
Jun 2016
jbeat said:
Everyone, except for Naho and Kakeru were awesome in my opinion. Naho was a bland character throughout the show. She knew what was coming yet she hesitated to act upon the instructions that was given in the letter. Kakeru was annoying at times, but it's understandable given the situation he's in. Suwa and Hagita were best bros, HANDS DOWN. Same goes with Naho's girl friends. I'm happy they were able to save him, but I was hoping for a Suwa ending. Or even a future scene with Kakeru.

AGREED! Naho was a very frustrating protagonist! The whole time I was watching I was willing her to do the right thing but often left unsure if she was actually gonna step up or if she'd just chicken out.
Sep 26, 2016 5:08 AM
Oct 2007
This scene had me cracking up because of the derp face
Sep 26, 2016 6:02 AM

Feb 2014
I felt that the finale was really well done. 38 minutes was enough to pace out each scene without feeling rushed.

My overall thoughts of Orange? Well, the soundtrack, especially the ED song, is great, along with the voice acting. The art and animation was consistent for the final episode, but for the most part during the sports festival, it was a mess. With two studios(?) working on the show, I do expect better consistency throughout.

The drama, for me, was handled well, although I still think that Naho gets too much criticism. It's obvious that she's nowhere near a perfect character in this scenario, but for what she went through, I feel that her reactions and choices were realistic for the most part.

Honestly, if she was replaced with a character who would never hesitate and get straight to the point with Kakeru every single time, then the realism of the scene would be lacking and that would make the enjoyment of the show for me to be worse.

Suwa, on the other hand, is by far the best character of Orange, a proper bro for all bro's out there, but he's not a perfect character though. His choices did make Takako and Azusa suspect him sometimes and he too had regrets while trying to save Kakeru as well.

In the end though, the group was able to save Kakeru and we got a happy, if somewhat, open ending. It'll be interesting to see the movie from Suwa's perspective and to see what new scenes they'll add to the movie, but for now, Orange gets an 8/10 from me. =)
Sep 26, 2016 6:10 AM

Sep 2013
VanishingKira said:
Throughout watching this never cared about Kakeru so essentially didn't care about 95% of what this anime was about,so the fact that I'm giving this a 5/10 might seem a bit high though I don't think show deserves any less,it wasn't a bad series it was just very average.

Agree to that. To me, the whole premise of 5 close friends saving a unknown 'friend', which felt like forced friendship, was apathetic and their interactions with Kakeru was not friend-ish but more like saving a puppy and wiping his ass from every mess he got into. They didn't understood him but only got his info(cheat). Also Naho being who she is, I couldn't care less about both of them.

Apart from stupid time-travel gimmick through black hole shit, this series was average. It would be more interesting to see more of those 4 best supporting chara interact with each other. Knowing even depressed Kakeru and closed-shell Naho, didn't make me liken or encourage them anymore, instead that I disliked them more and more.

Finally, if I joked and say that Naho two-timed Suwa and Kakeru, would it be true?
Sep 26, 2016 6:14 AM

Oct 2015
Kitsu-nee said:
MoonStar9 said:

Pretty much yeah, you could post exactly the same comment under any other shoujo series and you'd be right. There is more to any series than just tropes it uses, and Orange was "overhyped" because people loved the manga, so there has to be some reason they enjoyed it. But hey, that's just my opinion.

If I as a person who watches a very small number of Shoujo anime can predict the tropes it uses down to the couple that wins, maybe it's time for a break in tropes...? Especially for a manga as acclaimed as Orange is by manga readers.

Yarrowia said:

And she knew that her teenage self was infatuated with Kakeru as well so sending that letter in confidence without notifying any of her friends couldn't be portrayed as anything other than trying to rekindle a former love. A way to fix this and make Naho seem like a better person, as though she did it to rescue Kakeru and not to rescue a possible future with him, would definitely be for them to not end up together even if he had survived, or for there to be a time skip where Kakeru and her had dated in the past but she still ends up marrying Suwa like she claimed she would.

Honestly the more I look into this series the less I think of it. It's just another generic shoujo where the bland MC must end up with the hot guy for... reasons.
MoonStar9Sep 26, 2016 6:26 AM
Sep 26, 2016 6:32 AM

Sep 2016
10/10! The plot, the characters, the feels and the seishun vibe was truly amazing!I cried so much throughout this series... I was crying and I stopped for breaks to not cry but even after the breaks I kept crying. The feels were that great. And the romance along with the plot fits!!!Loved this!
Sep 26, 2016 6:41 AM

May 2009
This was an overall good show. I wish the quality of animation didn't decrease after the first half, I'd rate it more if it was consistent. 8/10 for me, might change it in the future.
Kakeru survived :') I had a feeling it will go that way. I don't mind the sci fi element in the plot, like who cares.
Suwa is the real mvp in this show, what a great guy. Naho is a kind soul. Sugita is the coolest! xD
The scene at the end suggests that Naho married Suwa, which makes sense and I'm ok with that. But I might be wrong in that interpretation.
I'm sure that with the support of his friends, Kakeru will find happiness in life, even if it's not beside Naho.

Shipping Azu and Hagita now :3
Sep 26, 2016 6:44 AM
Jun 2016
maisieb973 said:
Yay! Happy ending, I'm so glad. Cute how Suwa and Kakeru both get Naho in different worlds haha.

I've read lots of posts saying that the manga is better than the anime though so I'm keen to read it! I've never read manga before though so I don't know how it works. Can someone please help? Where can I buy it, or can I read it online in English or something? Probably stupid questions but I'd appreciate someone helping a beginner out :^)

I read it on mangapark, but there are plenty of other free manga sites on the internet. When you go to a site, just search the title in the search bar and you'll find all the chapters. ^^
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vacu0us - Jul 2, 2016

405 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 9:33 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

177 by miffyverse »»
Mar 27, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

234 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

230 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.