Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2016 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it's the standard idol theme series. The red haired guy (Amamiya) is the main guy so far although we get glimpse of the others.

The Junya guy doesn't have high hope for him apparently so Amamiya is there to prove him wrong. Bet more drama will develop between the two later on as well. Of course there's some man service as well ;o

Junya has a point about idols though...becoming one isn't easy. The Vampire Suit though...
Sep 23, 2016 8:08 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So basically a male version of Aikatsu.
- They have Special appeals
- Group Special Appeals
- Cards aka Dorika

I thought there was one OST right before Kanade goes on stage that sound a bit like one of from Aikatsu.

Honestly I thought the episode wasn't half bad. Kanade was fun to watch. He would keep proving Junya wrong by keeping up with the training.
I could understand why Junya would say Kanade won't last. I mean, being an idol isn't easy. Perhaps Junya has seen many pass the audition but quit shortly after due to not being able to take the sheer amount of work that idols must do.

That card transformation was so Aikatsu. Only difference is fans apparently choose the apparel. Interesting.

Sep 23, 2016 8:17 AM

Dec 2014
Well it was an average start I guess and I think it was quite fast paced as well.

Kanade was scouted cause of his energy to work tirelessly by Mikami.
He went from being scouted, to training and all the way upto performing in a concert.

They made the Kanade and Junya's remarks into a running gag. xD
I liked the part where Junya told Kanade that becoming an idol was no easy task and that was why they all worked hard. His passion came across quite well.

I found the concert kind of odd with those card things and the outfit transformations, Felt like watching a Mahou Shoujo but it was still nice. xD
I guess Kanade is very talented since he was able to perform really well on stage with no prior experience.

The last scene with Mikami revealing all his cards(Which are stored in the phone apparently, Wonder what kind of ingenious technology lets that happen) and sending them to the sky was visually really nice.
Sep 23, 2016 12:12 PM

Mar 2016
I don't like the main characters voice acting, idk if its just me but I feel no emotion from it
Sep 23, 2016 12:25 PM

May 2010
Vacu0us said:
I don't like the main characters voice acting, idk if its just me but I feel no emotion from it

I think they are newbie
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2016 12:26 PM

May 2010
Kidnapping idol to scout them sure is a popular
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2016 12:48 PM

Jun 2014
Well I wasn't expecting a male idol anime that was based on a card game!

Pretty average anime, but I will watch it and see how it develops. Music was nice and the characters seem interesting. Seems all the VAs may be new or unknowns, so seeing how they develop these characters will be fun!

7/10 for first ep!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 23, 2016 1:17 PM
Jun 2016
I liked it. It reminded me of PriPara, except with boys, and a little less sparkles.
Sep 23, 2016 1:24 PM

Jul 2012
Reminded me of King of Prism + Boueibu (bc newbie cast and magic transformation)

I liked it, the songs were good. The ED stood out the most. I think it can be a good show.

hawa777 said:
Vacu0us said:

I think they are newbie
Yes, they are!
Sep 23, 2016 1:45 PM
Feb 2015
LovelyHikari said:
- Group Special Appeals
- Cards aka Dorika

I thought there was one OST right before Kanade goes on stage that sound a bit like one of from Aikatsu.

Honestly I thought the episode wasn't half bad. Kanade was fun to watch. He would keep proving Junya wrong by keeping up with the training.
I could understand why Junya would say Kanade won't last. I mean, being an idol isn't easy. Perhaps Junya has seen many pass the audition but quit shortly after due to not being able to take the sheer amount of work that idols must do.

That card transformation was so Aikatsu. Only difference is fans apparently choose the apparel. Interesting.

Aikatsu is the same company as this anime, FYI.
Sep 23, 2016 1:47 PM
Feb 2015
I absolutely love this anime! As a player of the mobile game and a long time follower of the franchise (CDs and manga too!) I was really looking forward to it! I'm glad it didn't disappoint! They made Kanade really cute *^* Junya isn't quite as mean in the game as he is in the anime, but I have a feeling he'll be different from now on.
Sep 23, 2016 3:05 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
monochrome-san said:
LovelyHikari said:
- Group Special Appeals
- Cards aka Dorika

Oh wow, even better. This show kept throwing signs of Aikatsu. Honestly I hope this show is as good as Aikatsu.

Sep 23, 2016 3:06 PM

Feb 2015
LOL cards??? That's pretty random. Well, gotta watch one of these each season. It's just easy on the eyes.

Does the green haired one remind anyone else of Makoto? Just a touch?
Sep 23, 2016 9:13 PM

Jul 2013
Omg. Reminds me of Aikatsu but with male idols.
Sep 24, 2016 5:00 AM

Jan 2013
Well everything is pretty fine but this concert scene looks weird. ;-;

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Sep 24, 2016 5:01 AM

Jan 2013
rayeine said:

Yeah me too! And the red haired remind me of Rin a little bit haha. ^^

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Sep 24, 2016 8:55 AM

Nov 2012
this was not too bad, the whole stuff with the cards is a bit weird but i'll get used to that. i'm not a big fan of the voice acting either though, you can tell they're newbies.
Sep 24, 2016 1:36 PM
Jun 2015
When I watch the episode of Dream-Fes, Amamiya just looks like Ichigo Hoshimiya from Aikatsu. To tell you the truth, I never interest in watching Aikatsu until I watch Aikatsu performance clips .When Dream-Fes aired today, I decided to watch both Aikatsu and Dream-Fes so I can compare these two while watching the episodes and their performances.Kanade Amamiya of Dream-Fes and Ichigo Hoshimiya of Aikatsu are the same. They're the same because they never thought of becoming a idol until idol opportunities change their lives in the wildest dreams, perform their first live auditions with their special appeals, meet new friends and new people by changing them due to energetic and smiling personalities, they perform lives on stages, work on their exercises, work on their idol activities, and follow their dreams to become top idols as they perform the best live performance in special and important idol contests. I kind to think that Shin Oikawa looks like Aoi Kiriya due to their blue hair and Junya Sasaki looks like Ran Shibuki due to their stubborn personalities until they met Amamiya and Hoshimiya that change them. I also get a feeling there is going be more drama due their the idols' pasts than Aikatsu has been though with some drama that we can ever imagine. I don't know how long will Dream-Fes the anime series will last but now that I watch Aikatsu,I will watch both Aikatsu and Dream-Fes as their passionate and festive idol activities are just the beginning!
SakurashoujoSep 25, 2016 11:42 AM
Sep 25, 2016 8:31 AM
Aug 2015
not bad, the dorika's were an interesting element to add? anyways, can't wait for the sword fighting
Sep 25, 2016 9:11 PM

Jul 2012
Not a bad show, I will enjoy watching this. :)

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Sep 25, 2016 9:13 PM

Jul 2012
LovelyHikari said:
monochrome-san said:

Oh wow, even better. This show kept throwing signs of Aikatsu. Honestly I hope this show is as good as Aikatsu.

Being that case then you can really tell how well their CGI blend is compared to when Aikatsu started. It's gotten a lot better. :)

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Sep 26, 2016 11:53 AM

Sep 2014
I REALLY ENJOYED THAT. I instantly cared for the idols and was instantly invested and found every aspect of the show entertaining and interesting.
Sep 27, 2016 3:13 AM
Jun 2012
hawa777 said:
Vacu0us said:

I think they are newbie

I just want to add onto this that Dear Dream are all not professional trained seiyu. The game and anime are so called 2.5D projects, which indicates that the idols are voiced by idols. So they didn't get any professional voice training like all seiyu do now a days. And their voices do sound a little bland (this initially turned me off from the game) But when compared to their normal voices (Especially Chizuru's idol) they all do a really great job.

That said I really enjoy the anime. It's nothing spectacular, but it sets out what its here to do which is promoting the game. I really loved the character interactions and Kanade basically went from my last fave to third of not second fave because lil patoot. I'm really curious to see where it will go because the opening had some pretty angsty looking moments there.

But like I wrote in my review. If you're not into idols or anything like that don't watch this. Also surprise but this isn't an utapri rip off/harem/mindless fanservice show.
Sep 29, 2016 7:21 AM
May 2015
These actors are dubbing for the first time, expect the one who plays MIKAMI. Now I get how different is an experienced anime voice actor to a rookie actor.
Sep 29, 2016 2:40 PM
Aug 2016
Don't know if I like it, but I started shipping them all. (What can I say, gotta love the yaoi/boys love LOL)
And yeah, the voice acting is kind of stiff. Probably going to continue watching though, for the sake of my shipping.
Sep 30, 2016 1:04 AM

Dec 2015
Hey, no one told me this was airing already!

Pretty average first episode. Genki guy (of course) gets kidnapped (lol what) and somehow works out with the other newbies and passes an audition. Throw in character archetypes and we have an episode. Those cards though (they even say UR lol), reminds me of Aikatsu and King of Prism, and actually of Love and Berry too if anyone knows that card game.

It's pretty obvious the voice actors are newbies just by listening to them. Still, I'll watch this for now and see how it goes.

Also, I'm somewhat amused at all the <10 forum posts posters in this thread.
Oct 1, 2016 8:46 AM
Jan 2016
Vacu0us said:

voice actors are new
but i loved them
you can watch them here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc9O9M3uES4 this the op
kuga-shuOct 1, 2016 8:49 AM
Oct 1, 2016 8:55 AM
Jan 2016
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMoe2_mpjp7F94p4TxYrlcA
i loved the anime after watching the voice actors
about first ep i enjoyed watching it and the insert song was so good
and shin is mine ^.^
Oct 1, 2016 8:59 AM
Jan 2016
yes
rayeine said:
LOL cards??? That's pretty random. Well, gotta watch one of these each season. It's just easy on the eyes.

yes he remind me of makoto and the blue haired of kaito from starmyu
Oct 1, 2016 10:11 PM
Feb 2016
Hmm.. never watched this kind of genre show but I'll try to watch for a few eps to see whether I can get hooked or not. 1st episode was kinda bland for my taste. And the reason why Mikami chose the red hair guy to be in his company sounds a bit shoujo-like reason.

I didn't realize that the main characters seiyuus are all newbie until someone mentions them here, I thought that maybe they work on some animes before it's just I didn't recognize them. I totally agree that the difference between newbie seiyuu vs experience seiyuu. There's so many firsts that I encounter in this anime! Not gonna hope much from this show but I hope it won't turn out badly either!!
Oct 7, 2016 7:02 PM

Dec 2009
Ahh, I was looking forward to the anime ever since I played the game! xDD I remember how shocked I was when they announced the anime before the game was even released (or when it was released for like only a week, I can't really remember). I was like "WOAH... WHY?! HIGH HOPES FOR THIS FRANCHISE EH XD"

The songs are really the best part of it all. The voices are really not my type (you can really appreciate professional seiyuus after this...) but their singing is awesome. And songs are the most important part of any music game after all. The 3D was cheesy though I felt kinda desensitized after I played the game. I dropped the game though, because my phone didn't have enough space. Guess I'll just look forward to Chizuru and Itsuki interactions in the anime :D
Oct 7, 2016 9:14 PM
May 2011
this is my first experience with male idols. follow Love Live and Sunshine super intently, plus a few other real life idols . a little bit of aikatsu and WUG as well

I can't help but feel... underwhelmed at the production?
Oct 9, 2016 5:08 PM

Jan 2014
I don't know if it's like my inner gay is coming out cas I'm currently reading and re-watching "Vampire Knight", but this show has my attention. Really reminds me of the idol group "Galaxy Standard" from "Prince of Stride" not to mention both MC's from the series are shockingly similar in practically all aspects.
Oct 14, 2016 7:35 PM

Jun 2009
i'm sorry, i tried to like this i really did but... after watching tsukiuta last season with its amazing animations and such i just see more clearly how bad this is. before this i watched an episode of different anime and while i laughed at it the whole episode for its hilariousness this only made me laugh as a reflex of feeling extremely uncomfortable and awkward.
Oct 25, 2016 12:57 PM

Aug 2013
rayeine said:

Firs thing that I thought of when I saw him lol.
Jul 14, 2017 4:32 PM

Jun 2014
This looks pretty cool. This is the first time I've ever watched an idol Anime.

I chuckled a bit when Kanade was risen to the stage, and his mouth was just hung open in awe.

Oct 22, 2017 2:49 AM
Mar 2015
The animation was weird sometimes. During the performance the characters looked really like from a computergame. It’s ok but the Dorika cards are a little bit strange.
May 25, 2023 4:26 AM

Feb 2020
Good first episode. This is like Aikatsu with male characters.

I like Kanade's energetic personality. The other characters seem to be likable as well.

Vampire Lord Suit and Cool Priest Series looked nice.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dream Festival! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

17 by Serafos »»
May 28, 2023 9:17 AM

Poll: » Dream Festival! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

7 by Serafos »»
May 27, 2023 11:18 PM

Poll: » Dream Festival! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

5 by Serafos »»
May 27, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » Dream Festival! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

9 by Serafos »»
May 27, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » Dream Festival! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

11 by Serafos »»
May 27, 2023 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.