Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2016 3:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Hmm so Germa Kingdom was a country of science. Interesting...and also the part about the clone soldiers.
It's about damn time Sanji fought back as well.

No wonder Judge is disappointed in Sanji though with his average human traits. Poor Sanji ;_;
Sep 21, 2016 3:27 AM

Sep 2014
So Judge and Vegapunk were connected in a way after all and used to be a illegal researcher, interesting....
Ah...felt good to see Sanji kicking Niji's face but got his ass kicked...again D:

Exoskeletons? So are Sanji's brothers DNAs genetically modified with animal DNAs? Damn...

Dats insane.... putting Sanji in a Prison with a iron mask D:

Sep 21, 2016 3:56 AM

Dec 2014
Great chapter.

Interesting info on the Germa kingdom, They're actually a leading scientific kingdom and Judge even worked alongside Vegapunk.
Looks like the WG interfered in the whole Human cloning experiments but Judge got away.

Loved the part where Sanji kicked Niji's face, Though it was sad to see him get beaten up immediately after. :(
So all of Sanji's brother's have had mutated genes, In fact I think it was mentioned even Sanji's was but only that he never displayed any visible sign of improvement.

Sanji's backstory was a real tear-jerker, The ending with him saying "I'm sorry for being born a weakling" was just heartbreaking on so many levels. T.T
Wonder how he escaped and eventually went on to meet Zeff.
Sep 21, 2016 4:00 AM

Mar 2012
This chapter brought in so many answers and foreshadowing in the flashback.

1) Implications that Judge's "offsprings" are bio-engineered
2) Implications that Reiju cares for Sanji (possible chance that she will be the one to side with Sanji, but still an unknown)
3) Vegapunk closely connects to Germa, possibly came from it. This also might imply that Vegapunk will have conflicts with WG in future development.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Sep 21, 2016 4:13 AM

Mar 2014
So, the Vinsmoke siblings might be artificial humans? What if Sanji developed his natural power much later than his brothers? That would explain his strength, but I prefer it if he's like Goku. A weakling he grew stronger through training, not because of his genes.
Sep 21, 2016 4:39 AM

Jun 2014
I liked the little detail Oda included about Sanji's mom having passed away. I kept wondering where she was and eventually came to the conclusion that she may have been killed by Judge and that's why Sanji doesn't hit women, but I guess I was wrong.

We got more of Sanji's backstory and it looks like the 5 of them were probably also bio-engineered, with only Sanji not showing any improvement. He really had it rough, and it looks like his sister was nice to him but played along with the others for the sake of fitting in with them. Sanji may have been "born a weakling," but his power probably took a bit longer to develop, which most likely explains why his legs can withstand and kick through some ridiculous stuff.

I also liked the Vegapunk teaser, this guy is already shrouded in mystery so it's pretty cool to learn that he has a connection to Germa.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 21, 2016 4:42 AM

Dec 2011
Okay that was a great chapter and seeing Sanji past but can we say that the Vinsmoke is the most hatred in One Piece now and i think Reiju might be the only one who can have redemption.
Sanji might becomes really strong this arc if his potential awaken.
kaitonicSep 21, 2016 5:06 AM
Sep 21, 2016 4:57 AM

Dec 2013
A lot of answers in this chapter. Poor Sanji got some really bad luck.

Fuck his siblings and father!
Sep 21, 2016 5:02 AM

Dec 2014
"unlimited potential" that is the key for this chapter.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Sep 21, 2016 5:03 AM

Oct 2015
This chapter was amazing ;,(
Sep 21, 2016 5:10 AM

Oct 2015
cant have a strawhat without a fucked up past am i right ? XD

also, as per oda standard, we're diving into the whole family blood and bonds thing as usual,

and it seems this arc we're going for the whole talent and failure type story and the whole everyone is born different due to the whole for some reason, sanji is a failure thing going on,

those this raises the question, the fact that sanji can do all his shit, doesnt that mean he technically still managed to awaken the powers and shit
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Sep 21, 2016 5:18 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, that was amazing

Sanji's past is fucked. We got so many nice reveals tho. Awesome to see the confirmation that Vegapunk and Judge were connected and that Sanji's mom is dead.

Dat Henry Needle looked like it hurt so damn much O_O But it was satisfying to see Sanji kicking Niji. So they're actually modified humans?? Damn

Reiju not being part of the bullying and just trying to fit in was another cool confirmation

I'm guessing nxt chp we'll see how he escapes?
Sep 21, 2016 5:47 AM

Mar 2014
Dont get too fooled young One piece readers, Reiju could be just pulling one of those "Only caring for you now for a bigger satisfaction out of your pain" and later bigger backstab, need more touching moments to be fully convince she truly cares for Sanji.

Sanji bad past even goes further from the time he was stuck on the rock with Zeff...so very deep
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 21, 2016 5:52 AM

Mar 2012
Onward to Sanji's past now! Really neat to see the details of the Vinsmoke siblings being modified humans and how Sanji ended up being deemed the failure of the family. His escape will most likely be in the next chapter.

Sanji getting pummeled right now because of the hostage situation he's in. Can't wait to see him completely let loose when the time comes. It'll be so gratifying.
Sep 21, 2016 6:02 AM
Sep 2016
Love everyones opinion on this chapter! agree 100%
I see more levelheaded and insightful approach of this chapter in this forum more than other discussion forums about this chapter.
Sep 21, 2016 6:15 AM
Apr 2016
Okay, alright. That was actually a pretty good chapter. I liked it. A good amount of interesting information, if I do say so myself, even in parts of Sanji's past. The cloning, relations with Vegapunk, I liked it overall. :)
Sep 21, 2016 6:24 AM
Aug 2015
We get some interesting info from this chapter as usual..

Damn, Sanji's past was really heartbreaking :(
Sep 21, 2016 6:32 AM

Jun 2013
The Germa and Vegapunk stuff were interesting, but this can bring up the possibility of Sanji being a 'clone', maybe a failed one, since in this chapter the others excel more than him... sounds a bit far fetched but we'll see.
Sep 21, 2016 6:50 AM

Jan 2014
well that was a really fucked up and hearbreaking past.
I feel bad for you, Sanji. but I hope you got something up on your sleeve.
for example, maybe Sanji actually is the most "unlimited potential" and continue to grow stronger while the other siblings stop growing at certain age.
Sep 21, 2016 7:03 AM
Aug 2016
I HATE VINESMOKE
it was my first impression
actually I think we need luffy to show up so Sanji can snapback from his awful past. I think right now the memories of his past are hunting him.
maybe the trigger of Sanji's anger will be Niji attacking Nami.
Sep 21, 2016 7:09 AM

Aug 2013
This chapter blinded me with science tears. I get that everyone has a sad backstory in this series but hot damn, Sanji. :(

All these chapters with Sanji and his family are so good, though, way to go Oda.
Sep 21, 2016 7:35 AM

Sep 2014
Very depressing chapter.Judge worked with Vegapunk,before his arrest by the WG to create clone armies.Sanji's siblings have mutated genes that gives the unlimited potential so they are considered artificial in some way.Sanji though is a failure and because it was impossible for him to catch up with his siblings they faked his death,while they locked him in a dungeon alone.

Seriously,Sanji's torture never ends.
Sep 21, 2016 7:58 AM
Mar 2016
lol imagine zoro takes em all for messing up with his hentai/perv/nosebleed cook. They share a better brotherhood.
Sep 21, 2016 8:09 AM
Sep 2016
God damn oda Make Sanji great again!!!
Sep 21, 2016 8:40 AM
Mar 2014
lol Turns out Sanji is a failed bio-engineered clone

Never would have guessed :)
Sep 21, 2016 9:14 AM
Sep 2012
Wow a little confused at first, I thought for a moment Sanji and his siblings and there is no mother, but than a mother so, so as far they are normal humans that had some experimenting done.

So Sanji was locked in a cage by Judge, and his siblings don't even know about, I wonder how Sanji's brother would feel if they discovered the truth. They don't give a dam about Sanji, but being lied to, I think that would hurt their pride. I could see them turning against Judge maybe not to our side, but for their own selfish ego pride.

And I still don't know what to make Reiju, though the flashback might be telegraphing her turning and helping the Strawhats, though the flashback does show she gives in to peer pressure, so no telling what she would do just to stay on her family's good side. We will see.

I hope Zoro fights one of Sanji's brothers, Sanji and Zoro they always bicker but like brother, it would be nice to see Sanji real brother beat up by one of Sanji's blook brothers.
Sep 21, 2016 9:23 AM
Dec 2013
So sanji past is a reference to the "Man in the Iron Mask".
Sep 21, 2016 10:06 AM

Apr 2009
blfan said:

I hope Zoro fights one of Sanji's brothers

Yeah... Luffy also

PLOTTWIST - Sanji meets Vegapunk and he helps him discover his 'hidden powers' to powerup..

though it would be better if that would've happen before Sanji would arrive here, otherwise he can't beat the brothers/father
Sep 21, 2016 10:12 AM

Oct 2011
Can't wait for Sanji to beat the crap out of his brothers and father. His sister's fine though... for now.
Sep 21, 2016 11:52 AM

Jul 2013
I wonder if the Lineage Factor has anything to do with the Will of D.
Sep 21, 2016 12:48 PM

Jun 2016
What a chapter OMG !!!!!!!!

I never tought of this life for Sanji, I cried so much for him during those little 20 pages, OMG!!!!

I want to give him a hug, I hate his family more than before now!
Sep 21, 2016 1:58 PM
Jan 2014
Wow... The clone wars has begun!

And Sanji is the One Piece's "Man in the iron mask" version.

Difficult to imagine that Germa won't fall in this arc. Even if they're big Mom allies, with Red leg as "hostage" is hard to think in another option to Sanji be free of his family influence.
Sep 21, 2016 2:21 PM

Sep 2013
Sanji's father worked with Vegapunk :O
Clone Soldier Depot looks like a force, but unless they're all sanji lv they aren't worth much.
Reiju looks like a good guy now, maybe she will release sanji.
Sep 21, 2016 2:33 PM
Apr 2016
This chapter was sad. I feel bad for Sanji now. His past was too much.
Hope he gets to beat up his whole family.
Sep 21, 2016 3:19 PM

Jun 2014
so basically Sanji's siblings are GMOs~
Sep 21, 2016 3:54 PM

Apr 2014
NaughtyNoddy said:

If I remember correctly, "Lineage Factor" is the thing that Caesar use to make SMILE.
Sep 21, 2016 4:18 PM

Mar 2012
Also, I dont know if people realise this, but this can very explain how Sanji can turn into "fire" and Diable Jambe.

Niji seem to do his version but lightning. It's possible there's some manipulation in Sanji's body.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Sep 21, 2016 4:33 PM

Dec 2012
So Judge & Vegapunk worked together. Would be cool to see him in this arc.
Clone creation & creating life.

Sanji getting a kick in to Niji's face, but that knee to the back.
Argh the Vinsmokes are the freaking worst.

Sanji had such a terrible childhood. Just keeps getting worse.
A failure in Judge's eyes & locked up.
These bastards need to get destroyed.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 21, 2016 5:04 PM
Mar 2014
Another great chapter by Oda.

Ok, to me, the Vinsmokes have surpassed Bellamy, Crocodile & Doffy in the "I can't wait to see their tails kicked" category. Sanji got the better of his one brother with that kick to the face & then had to take a butt stomping or else watch those he cares about be killed.

I still can't get a good lock on his sister. Does she really care for Sanji, or is she building him up so she can get more pleasure out of his pain?

Interesting twist on the clone army story line with the clones not knowing that they are clones.

Sanji's past is messed up & only getting more tragic.

I can't wait to see what happens next & really can't wait for Luffy & his Strawhats,(fingers crossed Jimbe is with them), get their to help him.
Sep 21, 2016 5:12 PM

Nov 2014
Fantastic chapter on sanji's past. He was brought up to be a war leader but instead he got found that the Germa team created a 'normal' human being.
Its good to see Sanji fighting back but if he got caught and murked that easily then probably those brothers are uber strong.
Sep 21, 2016 8:30 PM

Jul 2013
tr1ckst3r said:
NaughtyNoddy said:

If I remember correctly, "Lineage Factor" is the thing that Caesar use to make SMILE.

Right, I had forgotten that detail
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Artificial_Devil_Fruit
Sep 21, 2016 10:35 PM
Apr 2016
I love the use of science in One Piece and this time it was regarding gene mutation. A great human biology lesson. Sanji's family continues to be assholes, except for Reiju, and Sanji's past seemed very dark. In my opinion, Sanji's past has the potential to overtake Nami's and Chopper's pasts as the saddest. I don't think it will be a sadder past than Robin's, and Brook's past is another whole story!!! Overall, an amazing chapter. 5/5
Sep 21, 2016 11:57 PM
Aug 2015
Looks like nobody care that sanji always reading science book. I think sanji do improve in brain not in brawl when he is just a litle boy. Thats why he is always the one who save the crew of straw hat in pinch using his quick wit. Like in robin arc and arabasta arc
Sep 22, 2016 4:02 AM
Oct 2011
XPwnDEnd said:
Onward to Sanji's past now! Really neat to see the details of the Vinsmoke siblings being modified humans and how Sanji ended up being deemed the failure of the family. His escape will most likely be in the next chapter.

Sanji getting pummeled right now because of the hostage situation he's in. Can't wait to see him completely let loose when the time comes. It'll be so gratifying.
Anyone else see the parallel between this and the Baratie arc where Gin held Zeff hostage?
Sep 22, 2016 5:47 AM

Apr 2010
does anybody remember Duval, and his mask...........

Oda is a genius #foreshadowing
Sep 22, 2016 6:15 AM

Jul 2014
I screamed in joy when Sanji kicked Niji's face.
Sep 22, 2016 10:42 AM

Dec 2015
In the chapter 227 Sanji said that he had read ''Norland,the Liar'' when he was a child,in that chapter the child Sanji was reading a book in the page 14,do you realise what book is that?
Oda it's a fricking genius.
Sep 22, 2016 2:30 PM

May 2015
G_Spark233 said:
A lot of answers in this chapter. Poor Sanji got some really bad luck.

Fuck his siblings and father!

Oh m god , your display photo is so... daring if i must say.
Sep 23, 2016 12:25 PM

Dec 2012
The past of Sanji is deep. I don't know whether that sister is nice or what...
Sep 24, 2016 12:29 AM

Oct 2011
Really interesting to be getting more of Sanji's past this deep into the manga. Crazy how he was treated.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

35 by G_Spark233 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » You Favourite One Piece Opening?!

UnstableBrat - May 7

21 by kihel »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1104 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 15

74 by RoGkhenwaY »»
Yesterday, 6:07 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 27, 2023

58 by Xpection »»
May 9, 1:27 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 403 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

11 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 7, 3:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.