Forum Settings
Forums

Multimedia Project 'Idol Jihen' Gets TV Anime for Winter 2017

New
Sep 10, 2016 7:47 AM

Mar 2013
The official website for MAGES.'s multimedia idol project has announced that the project will receive a TV anime adaptation. The series is expected to premiere in Winter 2017 via Tokyo MX, with a date to be announced at a later time.

Cast
Natsuki Hoshina: Sarara Yashima (Hacka Doll)
Shizuka Onimaru: Mai Fuchigami (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV))
Sachie Kondou: Reina Ueda (Bakuon!!)
Mizuki Fudou: Lynn (Monster Strike)
Sayo Nekohira: Haruka Terui (Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru)
Konatsu Shinjou: Saeko Zougou (Date A Live II)
Sakurako Iizuka: Yurika Kubo (Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars)
Ume Momoi: Sayaka Nakaya (Fushigi na Somera-chan)
Kuruha Amou: Yuri Yoshida (Mikakunin de Shinkoukei)
Mika Kozuru: Chinatsu Akasaki (Masou Gakuen HxH)
Yami Ringo-sama: Nozomu Yamamoto (Schwarzesmarken)

Staff
Director: Daisuke Yoshida (Kiba)
Series Composition: Naoya Takayama (Chihayafuru)
Script: Sumino Kawashima (Aoi Bungaku Series), Soutarou Hayashi (Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Mai Ishii (Shugo Chara!)
Original Character Design: CUTEG (Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara), Tiv (Masamune-kun no Revenge), Mottsun* (Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!), Mikoto Akemi (Eirun Last Code: Kakuu Sekai yori Senjou e), Yousai Kuuchuu (Island), Mamu Mitsumomo
Original Animation, Main Character Design: Tiv
Theme Song Composition: Tsunku♂
Studio: MAPPA, Studio VOLN

The project will release its third CD single, titled "START UP, DREAM," on October 19. There is also a manga by Coco Natsuki, which began its serialization in August in Dengeki G's Comic. A mobile game was scheduled to be released in 2014, but it is still in development.

Announcement

Official site: http://5pb.jp/games/idol_jihen/
Official Twitter: @idol jihen
Official Nico channel: http://ch.nicovideo.jp/idoljihen

Source: Otakomu

Idol Jihen on MAL
tsubasaloverNov 12, 2016 10:33 AM
Sep 10, 2016 7:49 AM

Nov 2008
Those outfits are downright adorable, please let it be full length.

Sep 10, 2016 7:55 AM

Apr 2016
lol..Days, Yuri on Ice and now this..? so this is what MAPPA have became now..? moe shit and fujushi bait..?
no wonder Maruyama founded another studio (again) to make better anime.
Sep 10, 2016 8:05 AM

May 2008
Should also be worth noting than Tsunku is responsible for the theme songs. He's worked with many real-world idol groups and knows what he's doing.

BlueAvatar said:
lol..Days, Yuri on Ice and now this..? so this is what MAPPA have became now..? moe shit and fujushi bait..?

Can't blame them if it's what sells.
Sep 10, 2016 8:10 AM

Apr 2016
Zazie122 said:
BlueAvatar said:

Can't blame them if it's what sells.
can't argue with that.
Sep 10, 2016 8:10 AM

Jul 2015
cant they make anime with a good plot instead ?......
Sep 10, 2016 8:16 AM

May 2008
Idol anime is a good enough plot.

BlueAvatar said:

can't argue with that.

To be fair it doesn't mean it's always good or what people like lol, I was more just being an ass.

EDIT: I just noticed the character design was in part done by the dude who worked on NakaImo. I knew I recognised that art style from somewhere...
Sep 10, 2016 8:30 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
MAPPA plz, stahp. ;-;
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 10, 2016 8:38 AM

Nov 2008
DatRandomDude said:
MAPPA plz, stahp. ;-;

Fuck no. MAPPA, please make more idol anime especially ones geared for males like this one.

Sep 10, 2016 9:35 AM

Jun 2013
Lmao, mappa died even faster than madhouse.

Seriously though, the staff. I really adore all of hunterxhunter 2011 staffers, and I'd hate to see the guys at VOLN waste their talent on cookie cutter idol shows.
JetNoirSep 10, 2016 9:38 AM
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Sep 10, 2016 9:53 AM
Mar 2015
you forgot to put the premise(from the game)
The game was slated to take place in a Japan where the economy is in tatters and the distrust of politicians is at a record high. An idol named Kagura Mikazuki who has the support of the Japanese people steps in and establishes a new government and gives positions of government administration to idols, which results in a quick recovery for the Japanese economy. More than 20 years later, Kagura is still leading Japan's idol government, but she suddenly decides to retire from the political world. The 47 idols who serve as Diet members must now vie to become the next Prime Minister.

The current website for the franchise features a slightly different premise where idols stand up against a corrupt government as "idol Diet members," and then work to bring back the smiles of the Japanese people through song and dance. The idol Diet members belong to seven different political parties, including the Heroine Party, the SOS Party, the Subculture New Party, the Bishōjo Party, the Wakaba Party, the Starlight Party, and the Sanrai Party.

Idols as parliamentary members?thats....different:D
Sep 10, 2016 10:17 AM

Dec 2015
Y u do dis japan, cmon now ;__;
Sep 10, 2016 10:26 AM

Jun 2014
This could be fun.
:3
Sep 10, 2016 11:27 AM

Nov 2011
More idol series...

The key visual looks cute I guess?
Sep 10, 2016 11:33 AM

Mar 2010
hmm a idol series... I may be interested if its a short
Sep 10, 2016 12:18 PM

Jul 2012
"Oh no!! Why do females get so many idol shows? We straight men need something to fap to!" Well there you go.

There's a few seiyuu I like in this cast so I'll probably watch :>
Sep 10, 2016 12:30 PM

Apr 2014
MAPPA is becoming more and more of a complete joke as time goes by.
It's actually really saddening to see Masao Maruyama's hopes and dreams end up like this.
Sep 10, 2016 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
I dont get the reason why people are complaining about this to be fairly honest with you. I mean MAPPA would be trying new stuff here of course, and I really like the staff selection, and the Idol genre is kind of growing on me of course so I don't mind them trying something new.
Sep 10, 2016 2:29 PM

May 2010
Love the chara-designs, moe~! (ʘ‿ʘ)
Sep 10, 2016 2:58 PM
Aug 2015
Too much moe, so probs not gonna watch.
Lmao MAPPA is doneee...
>I hope Yuri on Ice isn't a fuck up..
Sep 10, 2016 4:48 PM
Sep 2011
Hoho more idol anime is better
Sep 11, 2016 3:59 AM

Aug 2015
MAL people becoming more and more of a complete joke as time goes by. Judging the book by it's cover as usual ehhhhh.
It's actually really saddening to see Harambe's hopes and dreams end up like this.
Dec 12, 2016 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
It's actually amusing how triggered some people can get over MAPPA for producing Yuri!!! on Ice, lmfao. Yamamoto Sayo sends her regards^^

Keep doing your thing, MAPPA. I'm always here for idol anime with cute girls! And politics always makes everything better, so count me in~ From Honeyfeed's synopsis, it even looks like it has the potential to go dark, so it would be nice to hope it goes down that route. <3
Dec 20, 2023 3:44 AM
May 2019
Couldn't imagine people smack talking MAPPA in 2023 .. Oh yeah, they're done alright, lol. And I'm currently watching this show and enjoying the heck out of it.
Dec 20, 2023 9:37 AM
Dec 2023
"Exciting news alert! A TV anime adaptation for this multimedia idol project is on the way, set for a Winter 2017 premiere via Tokyo MX! The star-studded cast and an impressive lineup of staff definitely set the stage for something amazing. Can't wait for 'START UP, DREAM'!"

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
8 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
11 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - Today

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
12 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
Today, 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.