Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »
Oct 6, 2016 4:41 PM

Dec 2015
Shiza-sennin said:
CherryLover said:

I don't, because I wouldn't care to debate with a sexist, close-minded buffoon who thinks himself witty and entertaining. Moe is misogynistic, and all you're doing so far is just reinforcing my point that you people have already lost.

Yet users have already poked holes in your arguments time after time throughout this thread and have pointed out your blatant hypocrisy. Your retorts then consist of insults and denials. If anything, you're the most closed-minded of them all.

No, your retorts consist of insults and denials. I've written well-structured arguments throughout the time I've been on the forum, and you've ignored them time and time again with your bait pictures and your dumb memes. As I said, go reflect upon your actions before talking to me about my attitude.
Oct 6, 2016 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
Shiza-sennin said:
CherryLover said:

I don't, because I wouldn't care to debate with a sexist, close-minded buffoon who thinks himself witty and entertaining. Moe is misogynistic, and all you're doing so far is just reinforcing my point that you people have already lost.

Yet users have already poked holes in your arguments time after time throughout this thread and have pointed out your blatant hypocrisy. Your retorts then consist of insults and denials. If anything, you're the most closed-minded of them all.

keep goin' mate I'm cheering for ya

I would insert here a gif of cheerleaders or people cheering or something but I am too lazy to do that

also how did you not give up, yet? you might just as well start arguing with a wall, no wait I take that back

walls are usually more capable of a peaceful debate
Oct 6, 2016 4:53 PM

Nov 2015
Darekmhn1 said:
Shiza-sennin said:

I would insert here a gif of cheerleaders or people cheering or something but I am too lazy to do that

also how did you not give up, yet? you might just as well start arguing with a wall, no wait I take that back

Ah, you see... She actually inspired me! I want to fight the good fight too thanks to Cherry-chan and her wellspring of cancerwisdom.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2016 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
Shiza-sennin said:
Darekmhn1 said:

Ah, you see... She actually inspired me! I want to fight the good fight too thanks to Cherry-chan and her wellspring of cancerwisdom.

who knows I might join your side then:

For feminism!!!

For social justice!!!

for cancer the greater good of all!!!
Oct 6, 2016 5:14 PM

Dec 2015
Darekmhn1 said:
Shiza-sennin said:

who knows I might join your side then:

For feminism!!!

For social justice!!!

for cancer the greater good of all!!!

Very funny, minimizing the importance of our movement and perpetuating crude jokes comparing it to a serious disease. If the two of you are quite done conjuring disgusting memes, I suggest crawling back into your tiny corner of the Internet where you belong.
Oct 6, 2016 5:38 PM

Dec 2015
Shit hit the fan yet again huh ? Cases like this are what makes me strive to preserve social harmony :/

OT: I do think it has misogynistic shades to it but not as malicious as to make such a big deal out of it. Then again, on another hand fanservice by nature objectifies characters both male and female, which means girls aren't above it either and that's totally fine. Pretty sure a lot of people who do watch it are chill people who actually support equality IRL, at least I hope so.
Oct 6, 2016 6:13 PM

Jun 2015
@CherryLover Moe doesn't misrepresent women. It isn't intended to portray an image of women at all. It is a character trope and nothing more. What is its reason for being, you ask? Simple. To imprint a feeling of delight and pleasure through their appearance alone. Since you evidently have a clear misconception of what objectification is, it takes more than to simply represent an idea that appeals to an audience, to have an underlying theme that is offensive or degrading. The very concept and nature of Moe has no circumstances in which it puts forth any kind of harmful or demeaning image of women in general.

If you wonder why people here refuse to take you seriously, it's because you look at these things on the most superficial levels which results in such unreasonable and outrageous claims such as in this thread. Being so quick to put the blame on men for this without taking the time to think on a broader and more rational scale is exactly what entitles you among users as the stereotypical everyday feminazi. If you would actually take a glance at what flannan and jal90 have to say, then you might improve your image or, better yet, come to a mutual agreement and maybe even learn a thing or two.

JustALEX said:
Well...literally in the following post, I said that I can no longer know what are legitimate feminist talking points and what is facetious.

Well then I'll gladly take the blame for this, as I should have learned by now that you aren't the kind of user who thinks before he posts shit.
Oct 6, 2016 6:19 PM

Dec 2012
KingRequiem said:
Shit hit the fan yet again huh ? Cases like this are what makes me strive to preserve social harmony :/

OT: I do think it has misogynistic shades to it but not as malicious as to make such a big deal out of it. Then again, on another hand fanservice by nature objectifies characters both male and female, which means girls aren't above it either and that's totally fine. Pretty sure a lot of people who do watch it are chill people who actually support equality IRL, at least I hope so.
It's like a hippie running up while you're playing Call of Duty: "NO PEACE FOR ALEPPO! STOP RAPING SYRIA!" (I promise I'll get to your comment soon, the time is nigh!).

@ Topic - As a proud founding father of the Cutestitution, I hereby declare our First Amoendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of moe, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.
Oct 6, 2016 6:48 PM

Dec 2015
@AltoRoark

I generally agree but when I see people who gave Kimi to Boku and Danshi Nichijou a 4 and K-On a 9... I start to question the absence of objectification. Like I said, I know most people do not mean harm but I think it's fair to assume that there is indeed an amount of misogyny involved, enough to cause a reaction out of certain people. I still think it's relatively harmless though.

@Ratohnhaketon

Oct 6, 2016 11:53 PM

Apr 2016
I don't understand this article. If you want to fuck the character, it's not moe.
Oct 7, 2016 2:19 AM

Nov 2014
One month later and the thread about the bait article is still going.

Will you ever learn, people ?

The better way to remove attention seekers is to give them none, so stop trying so hard, you are trying too hard.
I'm a big softie.
Oct 7, 2016 3:36 AM

Dec 2015
AltoRoark said:

If you wonder why people here refuse to take you seriously, it's because you look at these things on the most superficial levels which results in such unreasonable and outrageous claims such as in this thread. Being so quick to put the blame on men for this without taking the time to think on a broader and more rational scale is exactly what entitles you among users as the stereotypical everyday feminazi. If you would actually take a glance at what flannan and jal90 have to say, then you might improve your image or, better yet, come to a mutual agreement and maybe even learn a thing or two.

It's not superficial at all. I don't blame it all on men; some men do suffer as a result of societal ignorance and backwards thinking. I have many friends on the Internet and in real life who agree with me, and some of these are males. I think I'm not being a "nazi" (in the sense that I restrict what people say and attempt to control what they think), I'm just the only one who continues to actively defy a system that has long since appeared normal to the masses.
Oct 7, 2016 3:40 AM

Sep 2012
Wow.Is this topic still going on?Gj guys.

And why do we have 2 topic about moe at the same time?

??????????
Oct 7, 2016 4:10 AM

Dec 2015
sasalx said:

??????????

Go away if you have nothing better to say. We have two topics because it appears the community is finally starting to understand that moe is in fact misogynistic. In my opinion, it's a positive sign.
Oct 7, 2016 4:15 AM

Oct 2010
Misogynistic is so close to become a buzzword in this thread it's not even worth dealing with it, but I kindly remind that the term has a clear definition and moe does not apply to that definition. We can talk about misrepresentation and role modelling, sure, but at this point misoginy remains a misused word in this context.
Oct 7, 2016 4:18 AM

Sep 2012
CherryLover said:
sasalx said:

??????????

Go away if you have nothing better to say. We have two topics because it appears the community is finally starting to understand that moe is in fact misogynistic. In my opinion, it's a positive sign.

No no the other one is about the exact opposite thing you are saying.

Also:
Oct 7, 2016 4:29 AM

Jun 2008
AltoRoark said:
JustALEX said:
Well...literally in the following post, I said that I can no longer know what are legitimate feminist talking points and what is facetious.

Well then I'll gladly take the blame for this, as I should have learned by now that you aren't the kind of user who thinks before he posts shit.

Ok yeah...nice ad-hominem.

Look man, believe it or not, despite the fact that we don't agree on much of anything, I've seen some of your arguments and I don't think they're bad....I simply disagree with you.

Yeah, I know that I can be very hyperbolic at times....this is the internet...and we're on a fucking anime site for god sakes!

But, when I want to be serious, I do put some effort into it.
Oct 7, 2016 5:05 AM
Aug 2015
It's a feminist website
And you wonder why no one takes
It seriously
Oct 7, 2016 7:36 AM

Oct 2015
Darekmhn1 said:

@Lobinde

OMG, so cute

are they from some anime or something? I need to know

It's fanart for the Touhou Project series of doujin games.

Speaking of which:

Oct 7, 2016 7:56 AM

Feb 2013
CherryLover said:
sasalx said:

??????????

Go away if you have nothing better to say.
:^) :^) :^)
that's not how the internet works
Oct 7, 2016 8:13 AM

Jun 2016
People are starving to death and being bombed. But naaaaahhh fam, Moe is the real problem

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Oct 7, 2016 8:17 AM

Jun 2016
CherryLover said:
sasalx said:

??????????

If moe is misogynistic, than yaoi is sexist. (Spoiler: Neither of them are)

The point is, there is nothing wrong with pandering to male and female's natural desires. Us humans can't help but enjoy certian things, it's because of our hormones.

So chill, fam.... Also, nice Matou picture. Im also excited about the new "Heaven's Feel" Movie

Oct 7, 2016 8:23 AM

Dec 2015
Selenium_Thorium said:
CherryLover said:

The point is, there is nothing wrong with pandering to male and female's natural desires. Us humans can't help but enjoy certian things, it's because of our hormones.

So chill, fam.... Also, nice Matou picture. Im also excited about the new "Heaven's Feel" Movie

Yaoi isn't any better when it is perpetuating false messages of how a homosexual relationship actually works. But as I have said countless of times in previous pages of this thread, that is NOT the point of this thread. The issue is female misrepresentation in moe.

The portrayal of women in anime to pander to male tastes is NOT natural. It is misogynist by the very definition.

Your only saving grace is your fondness of Sakura and HF, though it saddens me that her story clearly didn't teach you anything.
Oct 7, 2016 8:28 AM

Jun 2016
CherryLover said:
Selenium_Thorium said:

Yaoi isn't any better when it is perpetuating false messages of how a homosexual relationship actually works. But as I have said countless of times in previous pages of this thread, that is NOT the point of this thread. The issue is female misrepresentation in moe.

The portrayal of women in anime to pander to male tastes is NOT natural. It is misogynist by the very definition.

Before you say that, take "Free" and "love Stage" off of your favorites list, it's making you sound like a hypocrite. Those series also "misrepresents" males. Also, misrepresenting a group of people isn't the end of the world , it's a fictional story. The only people that they would fool would be hikikomoris.

Also i never said that pandering is natural. Im saying that human sexual desires are natural, for both male and female. It's just science

Oct 7, 2016 8:29 AM

Jul 2014
CherryLover said:

Then how do you feel about when it happens to men? Is Free: Iwatobi Swim Club thus misandric?
Take care of yourself

Oct 7, 2016 8:30 AM

Jul 2015
@Selenium_Thorium lol don't you know girls admire the male body in a pure way, unlike males who can only lust after pussies?

Lol @razortongue is ignorant too. Dem white cis male scum!
Oct 7, 2016 8:31 AM

Jun 2016
Clebardman said:
@Selenium_Thorium lol don't you know girls admire the male body in a pure way, unlike males who can only lust after pussies?

Isn't it beautiful though? Natural human desires. Also, most guys like to appreciate the whole body. Like their sexy elbows.

Oct 7, 2016 8:33 AM

Jul 2015
@Selenium_Thorium nonono it's fine if women go toward fit men because they admire their bodies, but liking a girl's elbows is haram. You should only care about her political convictions.
Oct 7, 2016 8:33 AM

Dec 2015
razortongue said:
CherryLover said:

Then how do you feel about when it happens to men? Is Free: Iwatobi Swim Club thus misandric?

I repeat: Free is not just about manservice. Sure, there are elements of it, but compared to the vast majority of anime objectifying females, this is a mere ripple in the ocean.
Oct 7, 2016 8:34 AM

Jun 2016
razortongue said:
CherryLover said:

I don't know about you, m8. But Free represents me and my friends lol. We're super gay towards eachother :D just so that it makes them uncomfortable

Oct 7, 2016 8:35 AM

Jun 2016
CherryLover said:
razortongue said:

I repeat: Free is not just about manservice. Sure, there are elements of it, but compared to the vast majority of anime objectifying females, this is a mere ripple in the ocean.

You should take up smoking pot, you're too stressed out, fam. I could hook you up :)

Oct 7, 2016 8:36 AM

Jun 2016
Clebardman said:
@Selenium_Thorium nonono it's fine if women go toward fit men because they admire their bodies, but liking a girl's elbows is haram. You should only care about her political convictions.

Im sorry, Dad. Ill behave now :)))))))

Oct 7, 2016 8:37 AM

Jul 2015
@Selenium_Thorium NP son. If you want an advice, men are a lot simpler than wiminz. BTW, can I get some of that pot, son?
Oct 7, 2016 8:40 AM

May 2016
it's funny how people can only attack other favorite when the said person bringing the subject of discussion.
Oct 7, 2016 8:43 AM

Dec 2015
Zilf said:
it's funny how people can only attack other favorite when the said person bringing the subject of discussion.

Precisely. These clowns can not conjure up actual responses, so they usually resort to cheap insults of my favorites. There's no discussion to be had without their spamming of memes, derailing, or insulting. It's quite sad, really.
Oct 7, 2016 8:45 AM

Jul 2015
@CherryLover They're simply calling you out on the double standard behind your posts. You're making a mountain out of characters with big eyes, when you have a show that blatlanty exploits the male body to sell. Nobody said anything about the quality of Free!, they're merely poking fun at your hypocrisy. Bouhou you're so oppressed.

Could you please tell us again, with nothing to back your opinion, why objectifying males is fine while objectifying women isn't? It was really fun.
Oct 7, 2016 8:50 AM

Jun 2015
CherryLover said:
AltoRoark said:

It's not superficial at all. I don't blame it all on men; some men do suffer as a result of societal ignorance and backwards thinking. I have many friends on the Internet and in real life who agree with me, and some of these are males. I think I'm not being a "nazi" (in the sense that I restrict what people say and attempt to control what they think), I'm just the only one who continues to actively defy a system that has long since appeared normal to the masses.

Funny how you just deliberately ignored my argument on why Moe doesn't qualify as misogynistic, which goes to show how you aren't willing to argue rationally but instead to flaunt your baseless views around with a sense of superiority and no actual back-up. Your behavior is, if anything, aligned with that of the baiters who drive you up the wall so often. If you aren't going to be sincere with your opinions, then you aren't deserving of proper arguments and rational thinking.

Oh, and we don't care about who agrees with you, whether they're male or female. The main point is that you get nothing accomplished if you do nothing but constantly deny and antagonize opposing views with no sense of negotiation and maturity. You should see at this point why many users here see you as less of an actual feminist and more of a meme.

EDIT: Damn auto-correct.
AltoRoarkOct 7, 2016 8:56 AM
Oct 7, 2016 8:54 AM

Jul 2015
@AltoRoark Given how inflated her ego is, she'll never backpedal. She's just here to blindly attack people and make herself feel better.

Like, sure, posting this on MAL is going to save the world. Lie to yourself if you want girl but don't give me that shit.
Oct 7, 2016 8:57 AM

Dec 2015
Clebardman said:
@CherryLover They're simply calling you out on the double standard behind your posts. You're making a mountain out of characters with big eyes, when you have a show that blatlanty exploits the male body to sell. Nobody said anything about the quality of Free!, they're merely poking fun at your hypocrisy. Bouhou you're so oppressed.

Could you please tell us again, with nothing to back your opinion, why objectifying males is fine while objectifying women isn't? It was really fun.

I never said objectifying males was fine, but that discussion is not the purpose of this thread. What we are aiming to discuss is the issue with how women are protrayed, not men. You can start your own topic on that for all I care, but discussing it here is nothing more than derailment. So it's NOT hypocrisy. It is simply keeping the discussion focused.

AltoRoark said:
CherryLover said:

Funny how you just deliberately ignored my argument on why Moe doesn't qualify as misogynistic, which goes to show how you aren't willing to argue rationally but instead to flaunt your baseless views around with a sense of superiority and no actual back-up. Your behavior is, if anything, aligned with that of the boaters who drive you up the wall so often. If you aren't going to be sincere with your opinions, then you aren't deserving of proper arguments and rational thinking.

Oh, and we don't care about who agrees with you, whether they're male or female. The main point is that you get nothing accomplished if you do nothing but constantly deny and antagonize opposing views with no sense of negotiation and maturity. You should see at this point why many users here see you as less of an actual feminist and more of a meme.

Yet I have carefully answered all the points you attempted to bring up in earlier pages of the thread, if you care to actually read through it. There is simply nothing to be accomplished if I have to repeat myself verbatim to every single person quoting me. How assuming of you to question my sincerity too. Nice try

I do apologize if I can come off as condescending, but when I am pelted with insults and attacks from the majority of users here, I am simply conditioned to reply with such vitriol. It's become a defense mechanism at this point.
Oct 7, 2016 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
@CherryLover no it's not derailling, I'm merely pointing the hypocrisy in your ideology, the one you're trying to force down my throat. If you could clear that thing up it would be a good start to regain some credibility.

As AltoRoark said, you keep backpedaling and avoiding any serious discussion to bathe in meaningless drama and ad hominem. Fuck this, I spent too much time here, if you're not trolling you're a really annoying, obtuse and uninteresting person.
DeathkoOct 7, 2016 9:05 AM
Oct 7, 2016 9:02 AM

Jun 2016
CherryLover said:
Zilf said:

Precisely. These clowns can not conjure up actual responses, so they usually resort to cheap insults of my favorites. There's no discussion to be had without their spamming of memes, derailing, or insulting. It's quite sad, really.

Because your favorites make you a hypocrite.

Oct 7, 2016 9:09 AM

Dec 2015
Clebardman said:
@CherryLover no it's not derailling, I'm merely pointing the hypocrisy in your ideology, the one you're trying to force down my throat. If you could clear that thing up it would be a good start to regain some credibility.

As AltoRoark said, you keep backpedaling and avoiding any serious discussion to bath in meaningless drama and ad hominem. Fuck this, I spent too much time here, if you're not trolling you're a really annoying, obtuse and uninteresting person.

It is derailing when you are bringing up the issue of male objectification in a thread about misportrayal of women in moe anime. I have throroughly explained my ideology in earlier pages of this thread, and repeating such will do no good thanks in large to your blatant refusal of the existence of the problematic tendencies within moe culture.

And you accusing me of a trolling is exemplifying the "ad hominem" you and AltoRoark are apparently calling me out for.
Oct 7, 2016 9:12 AM

Jul 2015
CherryLover said:
Men aren't objectified like women are, and even if they are, they certainly don't feel any negative repercussions. All you're doing here is making a straw man and moving goalposts so that my argument doesn't hit you as hard as it should. We girls admire men in ways that are not just related to instant sexual gratification. You males on the other hand only think of "waifus" as pleasure-relieving objects to be thrown around without care. You tell me what's the difference.

Just dropping that thing here because the other thread got infected by bait pics. Everyone is free to form his own opinion.
Oct 7, 2016 9:26 AM

Dec 2015
Clebardman said:
CherryLover said:
Men aren't objectified like women are, and even if they are, they certainly don't feel any negative repercussions. All you're doing here is making a straw man and moving goalposts so that my argument doesn't hit you as hard as it should. We girls admire men in ways that are not just related to instant sexual gratification. You males on the other hand only think of "waifus" as pleasure-relieving objects to be thrown around without care. You tell me what's the difference.

Just dropping that thing here because the other thread got infected by bait pics. Everyone is free to form his own opinion.
Clebardman said:
CherryLover said:

There is no equivalency to male and female objectification, that is certain. In fact, most of the "objectification" MRA attempt to point out can all be attributed to the male power fantasy. In even the rare cases of actual objectification, it is nowhere near the level of repulsiveness found in female objectification.

And again, that is not the topic this thread was intended to dive into.
Oct 7, 2016 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
Lobinde said:
Darekmhn1 said:

@Lobinde

OMG, so cute

are they from some anime or something? I need to know

Speaking of which:

@Lord_Sithis you didn't tell me that there are cute moe girls in touhou project, it's even sooner in my lineup now

still, why didn't you tell me?

I'm angry at you now me'lord moe girls are not something you cannot not tell me about :(

*cries*
Oct 7, 2016 11:35 AM

Jan 2015
LoneWolf said:
I hope you disgusting hetero white neckbeards know that moe is fucking misogynistic and you should feel bad for fapping to cartoons.

No seriously, this is a thing
https://archive.is/zdfJN
Discuss!

I don't know what that word means but I'll guess it's something negative considering your context :3

Well I guess that alot of Moe anime that's been looked down on is because it become too mainstream which makes people disliking it and thrashing it as they pleases (they should dig a grave for themselves if they haven't even tried to give the anime a chance of some sort) :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Oct 7, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2014
>current year
>still falling for @CherryLover 's baits

this is why AD suxx bollocks
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Oct 7, 2016 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
Darekmhn1 said:
Lobinde said:

Speaking of which:

@Lord_Sithis you didn't tell me that there are cute moe girls in touhou project, it's even sooner in my lineup now

I'm angry at you now me'lord moe girls are not something you cannot not tell me about :(

*cries*
OMG WHO POSTED THIS!?!?! Oh, @Lobinde of course, another big fan. Well, thanks Lobinde!!

Of course there are! Near all characters in Touhou Project are cute girls. There's only one male (except for a turtle) called Morichika Rinnosuke, but he isn't really that important to the story and doesn't appear in the games.
So yeah, in case I haven't said it yet, Touhou Project is cute girls shooting fireworks at each other :)
Oct 7, 2016 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
Lord_Sithis said:
Darekmhn1 said:

*cries*
OMG WHO POSTED THIS!?!?! Oh, @Lobinde of course, another big fan. Well, thanks Lobinde!!

Of course there are! Near all characters in Touhou Project are cute girls. There's only one male (except for a turtle) called Morichika Rinnosuke, but he isn't really that important to the story and doesn't appear in the games.
So yeah, in case I haven't said it yet, Touhou Project is cute girls shooting fireworks at each other :)

random website I'mma download it and amazon from which I'm going to buy the games released in the west:
Oct 7, 2016 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
Darekmhn1 said:
Lord_Sithis said:

random website I'mma download it and amazon from which I'm going to buy the games released in the west:
Games released in the west? Genso Rondo? Haven't played it but it's supposedly bad and it isn't like the official games. You don't want that to be your first experience with Touhou.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »

More topics from this board

» Are Risqué Anime Bad for the Industry?

Dragevard - 8 hours ago

21 by deg »»
9 seconds ago

» What is the best anime in your opinion?

tappioca - 8 minutes ago

2 by tappioca »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

68 by Chuckiemuffin »»
5 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3

707supremacist - 10 hours ago

45 by AverageWaifu »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you think we should have live-action show turn into anime?

RedTea33 - 2 hours ago

4 by Serafos »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.