Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Hibike! Euphonium Movie: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso Episode 1 Discussion

Sep 7, 2016 7:56 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty much a recap of the first series. However, they did include one of the most memorable parts which is the Kumiko and Reina mountain hiking scene with Reina in her gorgeous white dress.

They also had the end of the series performance too. The music is fairly decent. I think the movie had slightly better quality than the original series, can't wait for season 2 to start in Fall!

Sep 19, 2016 2:46 PM

The visual is very beautiful, and this film, in one word, is simply EPIC

10/10

Umaku naritai, Umaku naritai...
Reina with that dress in the mountain...
is a confession of love...

Wahhhhhh, ∞/10
Idk how to do signature ffs and i need do space xD ....

Oct 5, 2016 10:15 PM

Nice refresher to watch before the second season.

Oct 6, 2016 12:58 AM

They cut out Asuka's antics, no point watching this.
The closer you come to the light, the greater your shadow.

Oct 6, 2016 10:54 PM

Great movie, even if it was just a recap

The final performance was pretty good

Oct 7, 2016 6:20 AM

Pretty good recap and nice timing to refresh even not as a full picture. I'll most likely rewatch the whole thing later. The SunFes part was the most interesting, probably because it was new. Like the "remix" of the opening song in the end, now need to download it =/

Ethikx said:
They cut out Asuka's antics, no point watching this.

Yep that was the most dissapointing thing, so many great moments with her and they put only 1 ...

Oct 7, 2016 8:06 AM

The orchestral remix of season 1 OP was something else haha.

Oct 7, 2016 1:05 PM

SO AWESOME that they extended the Rydeen march scene! That was my favourite moment of the season.

Oct 8, 2016 8:08 AM

A complete recap
But with those musics... I think I can enjoy watching this again and again xD
"Signature removed"

Oct 10, 2016 4:14 PM

Just like everyone says they left out a lot of best scenes from the BEST GIRL Asuka. From the perspective of someone who watched the original series movie feels very rushed. Longer SunFest and re-record voice acting for some scenes was good. At least they didn't skip much Kumiko&Reina scenes and we could see our ship.

In any case, nicely done but I think those who watch this and not the whole season will miss out a lot because it is an amazing series.
Modified by Gurush, Oct 13, 2016 6:51 PM

Nov 8, 2016 1:17 PM

I dunno why people are so surprised about that the movie was a recap. I mean if you stay update with anime news it were told that this were only gonna be a recap and all new material movie. We all knew it, so I dunno why people are that disappointed.

Personally, I loved the movie. I think even if it were a recap they did a great job. The most important scenes from the first season were included. Amazing scenes with our favorite yuri couple, Reina x Kumiko, was shown. I see that a lot of people are pissed about that Asuka didn't get a lot screen time, but come on people. We all know this show is shown from Kumiko's point of view, so it's obvious Reina is the one who will get most of the scenes. I believe even in the main series Asuka is only a supporting character so it obviously she won't be shown so much in a short movie like this.

It's not like I hate Asuka. She is a great and funny character. But if you were the one to make a short movie out of 13 ep. series, ofc you would focus more on Kumiko and her closest friend, Reina. It's obvious you wouldn't use too much time on a side character.

Overall I think they did a good job with this movie. Maybe it's only me that enjoyed this movie more than I should. LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 13, 2017 9:37 AM
As a recap it's useful & little extras were wonderful. As a standalone film that condenses lots of sol some shots seem random or boring.
Some skipped: Asuka stuff. Gotou ship & tuba talk with Hazuki. Natsuki & most 2nd year issues backstory, which relates to Fumiko backstory & Reina. Teacher harping on Sensei & futon issue (a lot of Taki characterization). Tenor sax player & others who quit. With how long tv spent on 2nd yr issues surprising that's all cut.

Extras: Many shots of nameless oboe player (Mizore), added to Ribbon trumpeter's self doubt in that awkward silence shot (the interrupted segments mirror the band's state, & Ribbon's uncertainty, nice directing here).
Full SunFes. New shots were nice, lots more Hazuki, giant xylophone looks real heavy.
Fumiko still hilarious, but her narrations add quite a bit thoughtfulness & clarifies the story.
Maybe I'm using better headphones now, Mikazuki no Mai full sounds great, each part is more clear. More closeups of oboe/flute players & percussion animation look amazing.

Mountain farewell music with Hazuki rejected scenes still wonderful, simultaneous ship sailing & sinking felt ironic as hell.
Dream Solister full sounds cleaner & somehow really fits the ending.

Jan 25, 2017 3:50 AM

The Art <3 <3
The change in voices though, sometimes they're good but sometimes meeeeh..

And Kousaka Reina, best girl <3

Mar 7, 2018 6:35 AM
I know this is a recap movie but:
- it's too rushed
- they cut a lot of good scenes from the beginning of the series (the interactions between the characters, Aoi's story...) but they kept all of the Kumiko x Reina stupid scenes and the audition part

Although the musical scenes were longer, I disliked this movie which focused to much on the parts I didn't enjoy in the anime. The movie just reminds me that:
- girls in this show are annoying (just want to slap them except for Asuka, Hazuki, Sapphire, Natsuki and Riko)
- poor boys they don't get much screetime (Shuuichi and Goto)
- too much drama for nothing
- Reina is one of the worst characters I have ever seen