Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2016 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Ram is back after all...feels like their relationship has a tense feeling to it now.

Thought the episode was alright especially with the continuously conflicts against that cult. Are all their members that crazy? The action is nice with the choreography, glad to see Wilheim kicking ass again. Subaru's got some major balls for facing against his adversaries ;o

Also kinda nice to see Emilia using her abilities.
Sep 4, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2014
Jesus fcking christ.... WTF just happened in the ending? all that effort? all that fcking suffering? for this? fck damn this shiz! just somehow I wish Subaru isnt dead, and with only 3 more episodes to go.... Im gonna miss this show.
Sep 4, 2016 9:46 AM

May 2016
Awsome episode. Waiting for subs.

Fantastic voice acting tho from everyone involved channeling Beetlejuice.
TyrelSep 4, 2016 11:36 PM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 4, 2016 10:00 AM

Oct 2014
A Hater vote already. XD!

-Stray said:
Jesus fcking christ.... WTF just happened in the ending? all that effort? all that fcking suffering? for this? fck damn this shiz! just somehow I wish Subaru isnt dead, and with only 3 more episodes to go.... Im gonna miss this show.
2 episodes left, actually.

Watched the subbed epsidoe.

Oh man, people are gonna loose it when they get to the ending.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
_Ghost_Sep 5, 2016 3:30 AM
Sep 4, 2016 11:02 AM

Sep 2015
Ew Barusu, please don't die here (rip neck)
Emilia's entrance was so f*cking majestic
Sep 4, 2016 11:02 AM

Aug 2016
Nice episode but just a nice one.. dont know why but they cant reach the awesomeness of episode 15 dunno.. the first half was okay the second half was good but as usual very nice cliffhanger. Never have watched an anime before with so many good cliffhangers .. although its very annoying haha
안녕 내게 다가와 수줍은 향기를 안겨 주던 너 희미한 꿈 속에서 눈이 부시도록 반짝였어 설레임에 나도 모르게
한발 두발 네게 다가가 너의 곁에 남아 너의 미소에 내 마음이 녹아내려 눈이 마주쳤을 땐 두근거려
oh 너의 가슴에 내 미소를 기억해줘 하루에도 몇번씩 생각해줘 oh 너에게 하고 싶은 그 말 you’re beautiful
고마워 날 만나서 한결 같았던 니 모습이 보여 나를 기다려 왔던 너의 짙은 향기 깊은 울림 알 수 없는 강한 이끌림
너를 향한 나의 두 날개 펼쳐주고 싶어 너의 미소에 내 마음이 녹아내려 눈이 마주쳤을 땐 두근거려
oh 너의 봄날에 내 노래를 들려줄게 하루에도 몇번씩 생각해줘 oh 이렇게 너를 생각해
you’re beautiful 나를 반겨줘 뚜뚜뚜루루루 설레여 구름 위를 걷는 듯 거짓말 같이 난 네게 다가가 한발 더
다시 찾아온 너와 나의 계절에 기억할 수 있겠니 뚜루루루루뚜뚜 oh yeh all right 너를 만난 걸 행운이라 생각해
우리 다시 만나면 말해 줄래 fly to you 내 곁에 있어줘 you’re beautiful!
Sep 4, 2016 11:03 AM

Sep 2013
Well there goes that perfect run , time to start over again. Wonder if he will manage to win over the people again next time around.
Sep 4, 2016 11:04 AM

May 2014
Re:Zero should be renamed Re:Suffering. I place my bet that anime will end with Subaru suffering. That blank letter sounds way to suspicious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2016 11:07 AM
Jun 2014
HOLY SHIT! What an episode!
Sep 4, 2016 11:07 AM

Apr 2014
Emilia (best girl) shows up to save the day

Fucking gave me heart attack when his neck suddenly cracked

Sep 4, 2016 11:08 AM

Aug 2010
What an ending!

Where will the restart point be this time...
Sep 4, 2016 11:09 AM

Dec 2013
One scene at the end they forgot to add the blood on subarus cheek after the sword cut :(
such a small misstake, I bet the haters are overjoyed now..

I loved it as always, it seems to live up to the hype every singe week. I'm sad that it's almost over tho :'C

Sep 4, 2016 11:10 AM
Jun 2016
Dat ending tho...

I'm already hyped for next week!

Clicking to the Rhythm!~
Sep 4, 2016 11:11 AM

Aug 2015
Knew that was gonna happen at some point. Just how are they gonna finish this show? It better not be a cliffhanger ending, though it looks like they're finally done with volume 8. We're in uncharted territory now boys! (Unless you read the WN)
Sep 4, 2016 11:11 AM

Jul 2014
Amazing episode (as always) but I can't imagine how can they wrap things up if Subaru will have to start over right from the Appa vendor.

Putting that aside, how can they defeat Betelgeuse if he can keep switching bodies and eventually will take over Subaru's?
Sep 4, 2016 11:12 AM
May 2015
The cliffhanger effect is definitely diluted after the 23rd episode...
Sep 4, 2016 11:15 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy fuck, that ending.

They were so close to succeeding, how is it even possible to overcome Betelgeuse taking over Subaru? He did well to fight out of that state for a bit.

Emilia fights back!
Sep 4, 2016 11:16 AM

Jan 2015
And the villager still blaming that "half-elf" creature Emilia for the witch cult and stuff. Oh well Subaru, at least you've tried to convince them.
And now everyone's fighting the fingers in the middle of the village, which makes it more hard to move. But fun t watch at the same time
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 4, 2016 11:17 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Good god. That ending... Why?!

They were already winning, but Betelgeuse takes over Subaru's body. And if Subaru gets killed, what is going to happen now? Returns by Death....again?

I miss Rem already... ;w;
Sep 4, 2016 11:20 AM
Jun 2016
SUBARU DIED ARE U KIDDING ME THERE IS ONLY TWO EPISODES LEFT.
WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?
WHY?
I SHOULD HAVE WAITED AND WATCHED THE END ALL TOGETHER.
WHY AM I DOING THIS TO MYSELF?
PLEASE DON'T START FROM THE BEGINNING!
WE ARE THE ONES SUFFERING.
I THINK THE FINAL EPISODE WILL ALSO HAVE A CLIFFHANGER AND WE WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP THE SUFFERING!!!
JUST WHY????

Is it's true,then it should be fine. BUT 2 EPISODES!!!
RenThePersonSep 4, 2016 11:52 AM
Sep 4, 2016 11:20 AM

May 2012
WTF was that bullshit ending!? My man Subaru went through all that bullshit and for what? Yea I know he can come back to life, but lord knows where that save point is at.

Damn this was a damn good episode. Happy to see Ram had a misunderstanding about the letter. Sucked if see became one of the fingers. Happy they got the villagers out as well.

Betelgeuse doesn't know when to give up. Was not expecting Emilia to show and actually fight. Even after all that she still protected her people.

That ending was just sad as hell man. After everything my man Subaru has done. Betelgeuse had to come mess it all up. Teared up a little cause Subaru knew he had to be killed. I wonder what his save point is. I really hope its at the village. If its there then things should be alright.

Can't wait till next week.
AntearionSep 4, 2016 11:31 AM
Sep 4, 2016 11:22 AM

Aug 2011
I wonder where the revival point will be?

Overall I liked the episode. Had just enough suffering. Didn't expect it though! I assumed he'd have to die at some point, but definitely not like that. Sad that the anime is ending.
Sep 4, 2016 11:23 AM

Aug 2016
melodykpop said:
SUBARU DIED ARE U KIDDING ME THERE IS ONLY TWO EPISODES LEFT.
WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?
WHY?
I SHOULD HAVE WAITED AND WATCHED THE END ALL TOGETHER.
WHY AM I DOING THIS TO MYSELF?

haha seems like he has to face Peteleguese again .. The real showdown comes now trust me.
안녕 내게 다가와 수줍은 향기를 안겨 주던 너 희미한 꿈 속에서 눈이 부시도록 반짝였어 설레임에 나도 모르게
한발 두발 네게 다가가 너의 곁에 남아 너의 미소에 내 마음이 녹아내려 눈이 마주쳤을 땐 두근거려
oh 너의 가슴에 내 미소를 기억해줘 하루에도 몇번씩 생각해줘 oh 너에게 하고 싶은 그 말 you’re beautiful
고마워 날 만나서 한결 같았던 니 모습이 보여 나를 기다려 왔던 너의 짙은 향기 깊은 울림 알 수 없는 강한 이끌림
너를 향한 나의 두 날개 펼쳐주고 싶어 너의 미소에 내 마음이 녹아내려 눈이 마주쳤을 땐 두근거려
oh 너의 봄날에 내 노래를 들려줄게 하루에도 몇번씩 생각해줘 oh 이렇게 너를 생각해
you’re beautiful 나를 반겨줘 뚜뚜뚜루루루 설레여 구름 위를 걷는 듯 거짓말 같이 난 네게 다가가 한발 더
다시 찾아온 너와 나의 계절에 기억할 수 있겠니 뚜루루루루뚜뚜 oh yeh all right 너를 만난 걸 행운이라 생각해
우리 다시 만나면 말해 줄래 fly to you 내 곁에 있어줘 you’re beautiful!
Sep 4, 2016 11:24 AM

Jul 2012
MY HEART TREMBLES!!!!
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Sep 4, 2016 11:25 AM

May 2013
Emilia is back and has never been more badass, I'm impressed. Beating that finger as it's nothing o.O
Thought we are getting a little bit more Ram action and presence but meh :/

Another solid episode but this time it felt very rushed.
Sep 4, 2016 11:25 AM

Mar 2016
suicide is on the table for me rn

I seriously can never fault any of the episodes
Sep 4, 2016 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
Rem please save us
Sep 4, 2016 11:27 AM

May 2016
When the sword cuts Subaru's cheek, I was squirming a bit.

I hope the series delve deeper into the "race" and discrimination thing in season 2 esp regarding Emilia's past. I know its coming but still.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 4, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 2015
That ending was fukin depressing i'm crying
Sep 4, 2016 11:29 AM

Mar 2014
the sad reality of subaru...
he does so much, makes so much progress... all in the right direction. and then, of course, he has to get screwed over.

Emilia was awesome <3 so was Ram..
Really starting to like Julius, too!
fuck sloth, omg!!

May 2010
DEVlL said:
That ending was fukin depressing i'm crying
Who is the guy in your avatar? Looks really famiiar.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Jan 2013
I wonder where he will restart from this time.
Sep 4, 2016 11:31 AM

Dec 2014
Excellent episode, Turns out everyone was bewitched and Juilius's spirit magic got everyone out.

Modified letter, Interesting.

Emilia appearance. <3
Lot of prejudice against Emilia even in the village near the mansion, It was sad seeing her offering help being rejected like that. :(
It was nice to see Subaru speak up for the things he believed in even if he needed the push from Felis. I like Felis more and more each episode.

So the cult stowed away along with them in the caravan? Quite odd that so many people were able to move unnoticed by the party.

Yeah all these Betelguese clones are still nothing compared to the original, He was the best. :3
It was pretty clever of Subaru to lead the finer into the forest and bait her to the Mabeast's though I thought the finger would atleast kill a few with those hands of her's.

Nice seeing Emilia fight and defeat the final finger, Puck. :D

That ending! Betelguese Subaru doesn't seem all that different from his depression phase XD That's kinda sad when you think about it. :P
Damn these cliffhangers, Please don't tell me all this work was for nothing. There better be some plot armor next episode that lets Subaru live, I was so looking forward to him and Emilia finally meeting again. Show needs to end this arc in 2 episodes so I have high hopes for the damn plot armor.
Lelouch0202Sep 4, 2016 11:34 AM
Sep 4, 2016 11:32 AM
Aug 2009
I thought I was prepared for more madness.
Sep 4, 2016 11:33 AM

Jan 2015
Damn you Beteleguse
;-P

Jun 2014
That was truly slothful horrifying. A whole bunch of people who are exactly like Betelgeuse. It doesn't get any worse than that. And just when Subaru was finally about to see Emilia and talk to her for the first time in a million episodes, he gets taken over by Betelgeuse. Seeing Subaru act that way felt really creepy (but I found it oddly humorous at the same time), and it really sucks that things finally seemed to be going in the right direction for him........aaaaaaaaand then he gets killed again. He didn't really have much of a choice though. I wonder where he'll restart next episode.
thebrentinator24Sep 4, 2016 11:40 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 2015
Does anyone know a site where i can watch the preview of the next episode? I know a youtube but they only post 1 day before the episode airs x)

I need to know what happens next!
Sep 4, 2016 11:34 AM

Oct 2010
Vooo said:

Just to ease everyones fears, if I recall correctly the reset point now is

Jan 2015
Vooo said:

me too. cant wait for the next episode
;-P
Jul 2015
Man. That episode had me on the edge of my seat.
Sep 4, 2016 11:35 AM

Dec 2010
omgggg
I know Subaru will work things out, will reset to something later than the appa guy i think (i hope)
This third arc was really good tho damnnnn
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Sep 4, 2016 11:36 AM

Jan 2014
Julius is now one of my favorite characters. Holy fuck... that ending. I sobbed. It's amazing that despite characters dying more times than I can recall that it still affects me like this. Poor Julius and Felis... That was so fucked up. I hope Subaru is able to become close to Julius again and stop what happened from happening.
JotakakSep 4, 2016 11:41 AM
Sep 4, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2015
This episode was great and I thinK I will kill myself if he's really dead.
"When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean."
—Lin-Chi
Sep 4, 2016 11:38 AM

Nov 2011
I'm just confused how Emilia knew trouble was coming even with a Blank Letter...also why the fuck was the letter blank? Something's not adding up.

Other then that it was a great episode. I thought Julius was going to die before Subaru went into the forest because he was hesitant apologizing to him and being friends.

But damn you Beatelguese I knew who would be harder to take down but to take over my mans subconscious like that. Sucks
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 4, 2016 11:39 AM

Nov 2013
I teared up a bit when they where about to kill Subaru, you can see Julius and Felis really care about him, damn it I really hate Petelguise, I'm really sad this anime is ending, I'm really curious to see how they're going to adapt the last part of this arc, and I hope they don't skip *that* important thing.
Sep 4, 2016 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
Fappa said: Just to clarify. At the end Felix didn't cry because of Subaru but because of something that happened in the first volume of the Ex Novel "the dream of the lion". Tappei himself stated this on twitter.

Sep 2014
That plot twist towards the end. My brain trembles!

Dec 2009
This episode was fucking incredible but also super depressing, holy crap. When Subaru was finally winning and was going to save everyone, and finally managed to become close with Julius, Felis, and everyone else, he dies because of Sloth's bullshit power.

Like I was legit tearing up when Subaru told Felis and Julius to kill him, it was a powerful scene just so he could still keep everyone safe, and even if he comes back he still sacrifices that progress and connections he made with everyone. Man I can't imagine how everything is going to be wrapped up in 2 episodes. Season 2 when?
Sep 4, 2016 11:43 AM
May 2016
wow, this episode looked better than episode 22.

but in my opinion, the best of this episode is from va, especially Subaru's, damn he is doing such a stellar job as a maniac betelguese as well, that guy have so many "emotional range"

but man, did subaru turn just because of that holy gospel? or its because of his great affinity with the spirit? seeing IA, julius's spirit actually gets ejected.. does that mean petelgeuse is some kind of a spirit?
levan86Sep 4, 2016 11:46 AM
Sep 4, 2016 11:43 AM

Jul 2014
Just when you thought there was no way the cliffhanger of the 3 fcking whales can be outdone, this shit happens..... I dont know if I can resist reading spoilers on what happens next, the cliffhanger got me way too much, it was supposed to be done! it was supposed to be over! all thats left was going to Emilia, but hell no, fck you Petelgeuse.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

34 by Okeanix »»
Yesterday, 4:32 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.