Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
DAYS
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2016 12:18 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now that's what I call an intense match.

Seiseki vs Sakuragi really heated up especially in the second half with everyone aiming for the ball. That fall at the end though...humans have their limits. Ooshiba extended that and I guess he didn't realize it.
Stark700Sep 3, 2016 12:37 PM
Sep 3, 2016 1:16 PM

Jan 2016
what is up with Kazama (the backstory i mean)
I actually thought his skull was bashed, i was so scared.
That really is exhausting, fighting someone who is a octave faster.
Lol, those two are cute.
Yeah, this strat is surprisingly the same in esports.
strange episode to me, but now we get to see tsukamoron throw the game for them c:

Sep 3, 2016 1:24 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
More still frames, they are everywhere. None of this soccer appears to be realistic whatssoever. So i'm basically just hoping that Tsukamoto will score here.
Sep 3, 2016 1:27 PM

Feb 2012
Damn that was tight indeed.
Looks like Kazama had some family problems in the past and he still carries that with him, the woman with that little kid looked like his mom. Maybe she got a new family and left him.
Ooshiba was on every ball, that was some extra work, but sadly he couldn't change much. Tsukamoto is in from next episode.
Also pissed off Shuuji is so cute lol. We still have to see what he knows when they finally pass him the ball, poor guy. Kaoru handled Kazama like a G tho. I'm expecting him and Mizuki to have a go at each other close to the end of the match.
Sep 3, 2016 1:54 PM
Jul 2013
It is great that it showed that even great players have limits. Against a strong team it is important to do the most you can to win. Maybe Tsukamoto will prove useful, after all there is a reason the coach put him on the team. I am really hyped for next episode now.
Sep 3, 2016 2:28 PM

Apr 2014
Next week should be fun with Tsukamoto finally getting some game time

Sep 3, 2016 2:29 PM

Jun 2014
Ooshiba really gave it his all in this game. Not surprising that he can't even move after all that running he did. It's nice to see how much Tsukamoto influenced him to put in his best effort, now it's time to see if Tsukamoto can leave his own impact on the game.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 3, 2016 2:40 PM

Aug 2015
I assumed the title was for Saku High, but Kazama lol, and Senpai was really cool,
but the episode I've been waiting for, Tsukamoron.
Sep 3, 2016 3:39 PM

Mar 2016
I'm loving the show so far but, omg the CGI sticks out so much it's kinda cringy. Still a great episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2016 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
Ooshiba did his best in the game!
Sep 3, 2016 5:34 PM

Jul 2016
It was ok. Kazama is giving his best finally.
Sep 3, 2016 6:50 PM

Dec 2015
The effort of the team from seeing a totally newbie giving all that he can in the field for the victory are just amazing,i'm liking this more than i've expected,next week will be damn cool!
Sep 3, 2016 8:26 PM

Feb 2012
The match this episode was actually pretty good. The CGI is shit though.
I really enjoyed Kazama putting in work trying to stop Indou. Ooshiba's hustle was great to see this game as well. It's a really close game. Every time Tsukamoto is on screen it turns to shit. Him crying like that and not knowing the strategy at all really took away from an otherwise good game. I really hope he doesn't end up embarrassing himself next episode.
Sep 3, 2016 8:50 PM
Nov 2012
Better than last week, still some CGI shoots are cringe-worthy.

Other than that better balance on all the characters, Kimishita and Ooshiba are adorable. And at least they didn't focus on Mizuki too much, but I hope the rest of Seiseki team members get some spotlight.
Sep 3, 2016 9:23 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode.

Even Kazama the genius can't keep up with Kaoru, Damn, Kaoru's a monster.

I really feel the match can be portrayed better, There's loads of still frames and most of the time the only thing that's shown is a few passes. There wasn't any build up towards Kaoru's goal which would have made an even stronger impact if we were shown his full dribble and completely defeating Kazama instead of just still framing it later on and saying Kazama was no match. Sometimes it's like watching a running commentary. Area no Kishi, even Captain Tsubasa and I'm gonna include Galactik Football as well presented the matches better. Don't get me wrong I still enjoyed the match I just feel it could have been much better.

Great to see how Tsukamoto's unyielding and desperation to play despite his zero skill has influenced the team.
Well Played Ooshiba, You did well.

Tsukamoto in the game next episode, Should be interesting to see what he brings to the table this time.
Sep 3, 2016 10:15 PM

Jan 2013
Nice episode, sure are spending a lot of time on this game. Fairly dramatic too
Sep 3, 2016 10:39 PM
Oct 2007
I'm liking this show more than expected as well!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2016 12:35 AM

Jul 2016
wow, front player marking other front player, so basically they're running all the way back and front, seriously, they're going to out of steam real fast, defense player in this anime didn't show anything at all, it's all about center player and front player, even they're going for defense all the way back.
Sep 4, 2016 3:06 AM

Nov 2012
To a standstill again... now we'll just see if Tsukamoto will make any difference at all.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Sep 4, 2016 3:16 AM

Mar 2014
So did everyone forget that Tsukamoto has a concussion?

Anyways I hope he will actually play some soccer next week, we should be getting way past the point where he stops running around like an idiot

Meh, the use of CGI is fine, at least that way we're getting some movement during the matches
Sep 4, 2016 4:03 AM

Jun 2013
damn that was intense!!
Sep 4, 2016 6:24 AM

Dec 2013
Welp, It's a great match up, that's for sure. I'm just glad this is 2 cour so we'll be seeing more development.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 4, 2016 6:55 AM

Feb 2013
Such a crappy animation for such an intense match. Tsukamoto is officially one of the most annoying characters ever!
Sep 4, 2016 9:58 AM
Jul 2015
DarkRanger said:
Such a crappy animation for such an intense match. Tsukamoto is officially one of the most annoying characters ever!

i agree totally with u fking horrible piece of shit MC that cries every fking episode....
Sep 4, 2016 11:45 AM

May 2014
As someone who used to play football (I'm English) at a high level, I can safely say that whoever wrote this has no clue about the game at all.

Tsukushi is the most annoying main character I have /ever/ witnessed. Mizuki and Kimishita are the show's only saving graces to be honest.

I do more laughing at the show for how ridiculous it is over anything else.
Sep 4, 2016 12:36 PM

Aug 2014
They need to put my boy in asap. I'm done with all those cringe half-gay shouts and bs I want this clumsy Tsukamoto to get his running ass on that field. One week is long enough to wait but two. I'm an irrational human being, wtf i look like, awaiting machine. and ep.11 will be epic - Arashi out
Sep 4, 2016 7:18 PM
Jul 2014
Wait a second. His name is Jin Kazama. From Soccer Phenom to King of the Iron Fist?? PogChamp

Decent episode as always. Surprised to see this series going to 24. Wondering if Tsuka fleshes out into a better player over the course of the series or he just becomes a better cheerleader.
Sep 5, 2016 5:47 AM

Feb 2016
this episode with the last one prove that the people behind this anime know zero thing about football . Lets start with the attacker , mid players are all together , you can't tell what postion each has . It's ike playing street football , everyone run toward the ball , no postions or whatsoever .

Add to that the cliche backstory " his family left him , and football was all he has " yada yada .

I couldn't help but scratch my body when ooshiba included tskamuto in his speech , i mean everyone is speaking like tskamuto is inspiring them and shit , but all the damn mc ever done was crying ( in the case of ooshiba , they never played together before )
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Sep 5, 2016 7:31 AM

Aug 2016
Idk man I started for the daddies and now I'm staying for the story (and Bara daddys)
Episode felt draggy but the Shiba x Sushi action had me going. 7/10
Sep 5, 2016 8:36 AM

May 2010
andystory said:
Idk man I started for the daddies and now I'm staying for the story (and Bara daddys)
Episode felt draggy but the Shiba x Sushi action had me going. 7/10

You mean Papa Mizuki and Mama Kimishita?
Sep 5, 2016 5:08 PM

Jan 2011
Ohhhh boy....I'm rapidly getting sick of this show from an enjoyment and technical standpoint.
Sep 8, 2016 9:48 PM

Oct 2008
One Seiseki important player bites to dust with fatigueness!
And the sub is Tsukushi at last finally!
What Disaster will he make this time?!?!? worse than that face nose bleed by Kazama!?!?
4/5.

Sep 10, 2016 8:27 AM

Jun 2013
Kazama used his face to block the ball lol.

Ooshiba Kiichi's hobby is guessing the species of tropical fish? Really?

I guess Kazama was abandoned by his parents? I wonder where he lives and if he still has family.
臭い-
Nov 5, 2016 4:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
1-1- Indou of Sakuragi, tied the game in the first half :)
Jan 20, 2017 2:41 AM

Apr 2012
MC stop crying all the time ffs.
Jan 20, 2017 3:25 AM

Mar 2015
That was intense, and again good to see Tsukamoto's influence on the team's determination
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 15, 2019 3:12 PM

Jul 2015
Kazama changed quite a bit since meeting Tsukamoto like defending the goal even if it means hurting himself in the process, curious about his backstory hopefuly they show more of it later on

Ooshiba gave his all, but it looks like a sudden change of playstyle was too much for him, Tsukamoto is entering the fray, really hope he is somewhat usefull other than running and keeping the motivation up for the team because it gets kinda boring/annoying

Dec 28, 2020 12:02 PM

Jul 2016
Referees decided to show up in this match but now it seems Seiseki's entire defense line is the one missing...

So Ooshiba ended up running out of steam because he thought it would be beneficial for the team to run like a madman, uh? Quite the contrary, now Seiseki was forced to make a substitution within the first minutes of the second half. For a striker, that sure was a stupid reasoning.
SouthRzVaDec 28, 2020 12:06 PM
Nov 12, 2023 8:37 PM

Dec 2019
I can't begin to list the amount of things wrong here. A striker 9 marking a winger 7 when only 1 goal up? High pressure starting in the second time instead of right after scoring? Killing your stamina just to prevent a fucking hand throw? The Sakuragi coach seems to be completely useless and lets Indou run the team, and Chikako went from seemingly knowing nothing about football to being the manager and taking care of tactics? What the fuck?

Also, Tsukushi is so fucking annoying, like, really, he cries over every single thing and only yells the same line over and over. What a crappy character for a protagonist.
ImNotAnOtaku1Nov 12, 2023 8:47 PM
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Nov 15, 2023 3:40 PM
Aug 2022
it's getting worse, mappa what have you done dude?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2016

67 by vclouted »»
Apr 2, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

67 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 16, 2023 12:34 AM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

47 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

75 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

65 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 5:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.