Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 3, 2016 8:59 AM

May 2015
Either it's a AAA game, a positive, fair or, for those who are masochists, negative games that you played. What are the game that bores you the most?

I'll go for Persona 3: Portable, because the main objective there is just go to Tartarus and kill all enemies in just one scoop. If you level is already high enough, you can easily defeat those monsters in no time. I'm currently at Level 85 and I already finished the Kyoto Trip (November) and later on, I'm coming back to the "Go to Tartarus" stuff again... Maybe this is not my cup of tea, but I still like it nonetheless.
My game score to P3P:
6/10
If God exists, then he should try extending my deadline right now!
~ Kobayashi, Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon - Episode 12
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 3, 2016 11:36 AM

Apr 2016
Skyrim, cause not much more to do at this point.
Sep 3, 2016 11:49 AM

Apr 2015
The only one in my eyesight right now is Borderlands.

My god that game drags on forever, I actually completed the game waiting for it to become interesting towards the end but no; the mediocre shooting, by the numbers fetch quests and mediocre boss battles never ceased up.

Hard to believe this is from the same company that developed Half-Life Opposing Force and Blue Shift.
GuilionSep 3, 2016 12:53 PM
Sep 3, 2016 11:55 AM

Mar 2016
Shadow of mordor . Borrowed it from my cousin, played a bit and returned it . Sorry I ain't gonna bore myself with running around and fighting orcs.
Sep 3, 2016 11:55 AM

Aug 2016
World of Warcraft, once in a while i stumble upon a wow stream or yt vid and get hyped up and buy memberschip and get bored after 2-3 days, idk why i always do this even tho i know i will get bored again.
Sep 3, 2016 12:04 PM

Feb 2014
Hearthstone is honestly overrated. I reached legendary in season 14, but then there was nothing left to do. I also don`t like games that are pay to win.
Sep 3, 2016 12:05 PM

Jan 2008
Of what I recently played (they're not AAA games)

Valkryia Chronicles. Slow game mechanics, so tired of having to wait for the game to zoom in and out of the map each and every god dam turn and especially with no skip function. Lack of unit variety wasn't really appealing. Battles eventually just felt prolonged because large battle fields and enemy AI's running back and forth without letting me skip. Characters and story were not interesting either to where I just started skipping cutscenes, but I guess that's more of a opinion.

Star Ocean 5. I literally fell asleep during a battle. Clusterfuck and slow in comparison to the previous battle systems. Didn't get far enough in the story to get any kind of good or bad impression. A protagonist that feels like they are reskin of Star Ocean 3. Also the girls have probably the worst designs I've ever seen in a JRPG, aside from Fiore. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No Mans Sky
Sep 3, 2016 12:18 PM

May 2015
Guilion said:

My god that game drags on forever, I actually completed the game waiting for it to become interesting towards the end but no; the mediocre shooting, by the numbers fetch quests and mediocre boss battles.

Hard to believe this is from the same company that developed Half-Life Opposing Force and Blue Shift.
I second that, but I heard that Borderlands can also be fun IF you played that in multiplayer, did you try that? Because I didn't try that multiplayer mode due to the lack of popularity here in our country...
If God exists, then he should try extending my deadline right now!
~ Kobayashi, Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon - Episode 12
Sep 3, 2016 12:24 PM

Oct 2009
- FPS games. The campaigns are banal and the online play is boring. It's not fun.
- Games with overly difficult enemies. I liked Dark Souls at first for the art direction but the difficulty of the enemies became tedious. I'm not saying this aspect is inherently bad, I'm just not into that kind of shit. I do like being challenged, just not in this way.
- Modern 2D games. I don't want to play 2D games anymore. Some of my favorite games are 2D, but that's from a time when 3D video games weren't a thing. I have a soft spot for them. At this point I only want to play 3D games.

I like rpgs and action-adventur games the most. Some of my favorite video games include Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds, Wind Waker, Okami, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Xenoblade Chronicles, the original Pokemon games, Skyrim, The Witcher 3, Bioshock Infinite, ect... The two games I'm looking most forward to this year are The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV.

Sep 3, 2016 12:39 PM

Aug 2016
I've also never been a huge fan of FPS, or those games that are pure PVP Arena type. After a while everything gets repetitive and boring for me.

Also Skyrim didn't really interest me after I played it for a while. Plus I can't play first person games for long periods of time xD
Sep 3, 2016 12:47 PM

Oct 2009
Holocaster said:
I've also never been a huge fan of FPS, or those games that are pure PVP Arena type. After a while everything gets repetitive and boring for me.

Also Skyrim didn't really interest me after I played it for a while. Plus I can't play first person games for long periods of time xD

Skyrim was really fun when I first played it, but it pales in comparison to The Witcher 3, which is really just a much better version of Skyrim.

FYI: Skyrim had the option for 3rd person view.

Sep 3, 2016 12:50 PM

Apr 2015
ImTheJuggernaut said:
Guilion said:

My god that game drags on forever, I actually completed the game waiting for it to become interesting towards the end but no; the mediocre shooting, by the numbers fetch quests and mediocre boss battles.

I second that, but I heard that Borderlands can also be fun IF you played that in multiplayer, did you try that? Because I didn't try that multiplayer mode due to the lack of popularity here in our country...

About 15 missions if my XBLA account isn't lying. I remember it being kind of frustrating as you would have to wait for the other person to sort their shit through the crap GUI and ammo wasn't shared among players if I remember correctly which often led to one party running out of ammo if there were two or more players running around with the same type of weapons.

I would also like to add Rage to the list, thinking about Borderlands just reminded me about how many problems they share and how fucking boring it is.
Sep 3, 2016 12:52 PM

Aug 2016
lucjan said:

Skyrim was really fun when I first played it, but it pales in comparison to The Witcher 3, which is really just a much better version of Skyrim.

Yeah, Witcher 3 was really enjoyable :D

And yeah, I know Skyrim has 3rd person but it isn't that great. Plus I had a really hard time changing my mouse sensitivity so the 3rd person still made me kinda sick lol

The particular game I own (Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim) had weird mouse bugs that happened sometimes too, which made it less enjoyable to play.
Sep 3, 2016 12:55 PM

Oct 2009
Holocaster said:
lucjan said:

Yeah, Witcher 3 was really enjoyable :D

And yeah, I know Skyrim has 3rd person but it isn't that great. Plus I had a really hard time changing my mouse sensitivity so the 3rd person still made me kinda sick lol

The particular game I own (Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim) had weird mouse bugs that happened sometimes too, which made it less enjoyable to play.

Oh, you played with mouse and keyboard? I played on PC, but I played with a 360 controller. 3rd person view was pretty manageable with a 360 controller.

Sep 3, 2016 1:01 PM

Aug 2016
lucjan said:

Oh, you played with mouse and keyboard? I played on PC, but I played with a 360 controller. 3rd person view was pretty manageable with a 360 controller.

Yeah, I have yet to invest in a controller, sadly.

Another game that I tried playing but wasn't too enraptured with was Darksiders. I got the whole series on sale, but I have yet to play the second game, let alone finish the first one. I don't know, it just really didn't interest me that much when I played. Granted, I've only played 15 minutes of it, but still.
Sep 3, 2016 1:16 PM

Oct 2015
MMORPGs and sandbox games. Particularly if it's that Ubisoft formulaic "liberate the districts" stuff zzzzzzz.
Sep 3, 2016 1:16 PM

Jun 2016
Lineage II, WoW, most of the CoD series, pure sandbox games like Minecraft and co, any Need for Speed game which came out after Pro Street, Dragon Age Inquisition, GTA IV and Civ 5(Civ 4 was miles better).

I'm probably forgetting a ton but these were the most boring for me.Most of these are multiplayer games mainly, I just don't see the entertainment in online competition against other players if that's the only point.
DA:I was way too hollow for me, which is sad because the cast was pretty good but that wasn't enough to keep me entertained.
Sep 3, 2016 1:25 PM

Aug 2014
The Sims is one of the worst and most boring games I've ever played.

Fuck the Sims.
Sep 3, 2016 1:45 PM

Oct 2009
Holocaster said:
lucjan said:

Yeah, I have yet to invest in a controller, sadly.

Another game that I tried playing but wasn't too enraptured with was Darksiders. I got the whole series on sale, but I have yet to play the second game, let alone finish the first one. I don't know, it just really didn't interest me that much when I played. Granted, I've only played 15 minutes of it, but still.

Darksiders sucked so don't feel too bad about giving up on it.

Sep 3, 2016 2:57 PM

Aug 2016
Klassical said:

Fuck the Sims.

But... you can let your character let him piss himself and let him die, isen't that fun? Lmao i remember doing that when i was a kid on the ps2.
Sep 3, 2016 4:02 PM

May 2015
Effulgence said:
Klassical said:

Fuck the Sims.

But... you can let your character let him piss himself and let him die, isen't that fun? Lmao i remember doing that when i was a kid on the ps2.

Well as you say "as I was a kid" i do the same. Right now I'm 25 years old men and now it is not funny.:(

Who am I kidding? It's still funny as hell, although last Sims series I played was Sims2. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 3, 2016 4:26 PM

Apr 2016
Idiots_on_MAL said:
Hearthstone is honestly overrated. I reached legendary in season 14, but then there was nothing left to do. I also don`t like games that are pay to win.

Stonehearth is over rated as well. Just trying to get more citizens gets boring after a while.
Sep 3, 2016 5:13 PM

Sep 2012
Final Fantasy Tactics. The gameplay was way too slow, making battles take on forever and the main story wasn't too interesting either, so I dropped it after a while and never looked back.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within. Too many redundant battles in the main storyline for the sake of collecting stuff for so little enemy variety (should have made some kind of "campaign mode" like a lot of RTS games do with only the actually important battles), bad RNG game mechanics (not going as far as the awful leveling system in Fire Emblem, but still kind of bad), going into the hardest game difficulties actually restricts the way you have to play and is pretty much a Overwatch/Bunker down fest and praying the RNG gods don't give you the middle finger.

Just to name a few.
Sep 3, 2016 5:46 PM

Mar 2010
League of Legends. Fuck this shitty game. I want season 1 back.

Sep 3, 2016 5:58 PM

Mar 2014
Crysis is a boring bad game
Sep 3, 2016 6:09 PM

May 2016
any mmorpg ever made. Get bored after 5 minutes.
Sep 3, 2016 6:22 PM

Aug 2014
Effulgence said:
Klassical said:

Fuck the Sims.

Actually I hated the old one when i was a kid, and hated the Sims 3 when i grew up too. (decided to give it another chance, waste of my time)

So yeah its shit everywhere, every-time.
Sep 4, 2016 8:52 AM

May 2011
I couldn't finish Tomb Raider (2013) because it was so boring to me. It's a short game too. It was just way too bland. The story wasn't interesting enough for me to deal with all the gray and brown.
Sep 4, 2016 8:55 AM

Dec 2011
Every time I give Xenoblade a chance I always lose interest within the hour.
Sep 4, 2016 9:00 AM

Aug 2012
99% of mobile games present. How can people actually play that stuff.
Sep 4, 2016 2:18 PM

Sep 2007
Games where a lot of grinding is required. I can only waste so much time.
Sep 4, 2016 3:21 PM

Jul 2016
UnpopularAnime said:

If you are playing Skyrim on the PC. Someone completely revamped / changed the game..

http://sureai.net/games/enderal/?lang=en

like completely. Its pretty crazy.

A game for me that gets boring usually has very little to offer. I need to remain engaged in the game if I want to continue it. A good example are those "monster hunter" styled games where I just kill something and get bored after a bit. A bit of story would be nice but its hardly there.

Also games like overwatch (can't believe I spent $60 on it...)
Sep 4, 2016 3:26 PM

Dec 2012
Literally any rpg game ever.
Sep 4, 2016 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
Everything bores me these days.

Try something else genrewise.
Sep 4, 2016 3:34 PM

Apr 2016
Tsundere_Maid said:
UnpopularAnime said:

If you are playing Skyrim on the PC. Someone completely revamped / changed the game..

A game for me that gets boring usually has very little to offer. I need to remain engaged in the game if I want to continue it. A good example are those "monster hunter" styled games where I just kill something and get bored after a bit. A bit of story would be nice but its hardly there.

Tsundere_Maid said:
UnpopularAnime said:

wow thanks []][[]
Sep 4, 2016 4:16 PM

Jul 2015
Fallout 4. They took out all the RP out of the G, and what we're left with is a mediocre and buggy FPS.
Sep 4, 2016 4:19 PM

Mar 2016
Tsundere_Maid said:

Same . it's just mediocre...
Sep 4, 2016 4:28 PM

Aug 2008
I usually hate FPS... (with the exceptions of Bioshock 1 and Infinite)
Games made in RPG maker and similar (IB is an exception)...but eh...

Games with turn based combat. I swear I try to like them for the story but the gameplay bores me. Point & Click games also bore me.
絶対大丈夫だよ

Sep 4, 2016 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
sullynathan said:
Crysis is a boring bad game

BUT MUH GRAPHICS! MUH TECHNOLOGY!
Sep 4, 2016 6:22 PM

Jul 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Tsundere_Maid said:

Same . it's just mediocre...

Its a shame because there is a lot of potential there for a good game. My friends enjoyed it quite a lot and convinced me to get it. Biggest mistake ever.

Hell I heard they are losing people in overwatch and might actually go to a "trial system" very soon.
Sep 4, 2016 6:24 PM
Aug 2016
Dragon Age Origins bores me now, I don't know why, and Just Cause 3, Mad Max, Star Wars Battlefront and Skyrim.

Sep 4, 2016 6:27 PM

Jul 2009
Sums up FPS games in general for me
Sep 4, 2016 8:33 PM

Jul 2015
i wouldn't call Verdun a bad game, but it can get boring at times because it can take up to 5 minutes to make contact with the enemy (depending on game mode and server.) or it'll turn into a camping simulator unless you love getting rekt with one hit kills.
Sep 4, 2016 8:37 PM

Nov 2008
Airship Q is boring and sleep inducing.

Sep 4, 2016 8:59 PM

Sep 2016
Hmm, not too many come to mind, but I'll try to list the ones that do:

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - Which surprised me because I expected to really enjoy the game. Somewhere around picking up your fourth party member I put it down and had no urge to pick it up again.

Skyrim - Which didn't surprise me at all because I don't like Bethesda as a game developer. I enjoyed Morrowind (and recently went back to it) and Daggerfall, while Oblivion was tolerable. Similarly:

Fallout 3 - Couldn't get into it. I did, however, enjoy New Vegas devloped by Obsidian, it felt more like the first two Fallout games in my opinion.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - I love Groundhog Day loops in shows/movies, turns out I get sick to death of them in a video game.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance/ Radiant Dawn - Another surprise, because I absolutely love the entire Fire Emblem series, even the ones that didn't receive an official translation. I think part of it was just the shift to 3d threw me off (I've always preferred 2d games) but I didn't honestly find the characters that engaging either.

Total War: Everything after Medieval II - The AI doesn't feel like it's improved or changed at all on the battlefield, and while I can imagine Multiplayer is fun I've always been a singleplayer person.

Final Fantasy XIII - I'm sure everything that can be said about this game has been said by other people, better. I didn't find it bad, simply boring.

Golden Sun - I honestly don't remember the game well enough a this point to point out anything specific, just that I enjoy many JRPGs and this one never hooked me at all, either in gameplay or story.

I'm sure there have been many, many, many others. I could have put "MMO"s in general because they're not my cup of tea, ditto for racing or sports games, but wanted to be more specific.
Sep 5, 2016 12:03 AM
Jul 2018
World of Warcraft. So goddamn repetitive...
Sep 6, 2016 8:40 AM
May 2009
Quite alot bore me. In the end you got to pace yourself.

Only games I could play from morning to Night was Total War Games.
Sep 7, 2016 1:10 AM

Nov 2015
There are some mobile games that bored me because of their repetitive gameplay. Just like clash of clans. I got bored easily. But there was this one game that was kind of repetitive but got me hooked. It was Game of Dice! :D I loved how you collect different cards and characters and how strategic you are to defeat your enemies. Here's a sample video of the game with the Aquamarine update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP4MgAvqmXE
Sep 7, 2016 1:16 AM

Oct 2013
im still a big noob in regards to a lot of gaming but i recently tried metal gear solid for the ps1 and i found it very boring. is just hiding and stuff, i guess stealth isn't for me.
Sep 7, 2016 2:42 AM

May 2014
playing too much of the same genre

reskins. releasing a game every year

anything with too much grinding

too long, i like to end a story/game or at least a story arc. not have it go on for years

too easy, generic objectives\quests or repetitive enemies etc...

any monthly subscription is an immediate turn off... oh wait i have netflix's oh fug

bad maps (multiplayer)
is_it_magicalSep 7, 2016 2:48 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

Kazeninjaryu1 - May 5

18 by Coaghim »»
17 minutes ago

» GTA V vs GTA IV

tectacles - May 2

13 by Euroqean »»
2 hours ago

» your video game waifu or husbando

deg - 6 hours ago

6 by Otakupervert890 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Nintendo the rising king of console industry!?

rohan121 - 6 hours ago

4 by Maumuu »»
5 hours ago

» Are you using Linux???

DesuMaiden - May 2

13 by MalchikRepaid »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.