Forum Settings
Forums
New
Is this an obvious money grab?
Aug 20, 2016 3:13 PM

Mar 2016
In my opinion this is an obvious money grab. Why do I think so? The original season was 12 episodes. You can power through 12 episodes in roughly 4 1/2 hours. If you can't sit down and watch a show for a couple hours; why would you watch a movie for half the original content only to need to watch a sequel? Also why are they doing it almost-immateriality after it finished. They can't even claim "remastered" on it now! If anyone that actually watched the entire series thorough plans on watching this I would assume that we as humans have peaked our intelligence and will now proceed into the spiral vortex of infinite idiocy.

NOTICE-
This is my opinion. If you don't like it or disagree please don't resort to name calling and actually discuss with me why you think what you do.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 20, 2016 3:35 PM
Jul 2016
It's the equivalent to the Gurren Lagann movies, yet the differentiation lies in the fact that Gurren Lagann was actually successful
Aug 20, 2016 3:36 PM

Jul 2009
Well, that's why they produce anime in the first place, right?
Aug 20, 2016 3:48 PM

Jun 2015
PandaHatMan said:
It's the equivalent to the Gurren Lagann movies, yet the differentiation lies in the fact that Gurren Lagann was actually successful

I didn't know Kabaneri was unsuccessful. If they're making sequels...
Aug 20, 2016 3:55 PM
Jul 2016
I didn't mean it from a financial standpoint
Aug 20, 2016 4:31 PM
Sep 2011
Lol hope there will be sequel after this, haters gonna hate
SnK is shit, Kabaneri is gold xD
Aug 20, 2016 4:38 PM

Jan 2013
Yes this is an obvious money grab. This is not the first time something like this has occurred.
People will still pay to watch it regardless.
Aug 20, 2016 4:44 PM

Feb 2013
This is not the first recap movie, some were good, some weren't.
Aug 20, 2016 4:56 PM
Jul 2018
If there is no new content, I see no point. Here I was hoping they would correct the rushed finale.
Aug 20, 2016 4:58 PM

Dec 2013
They should make Season 2 instead of 2 Movies of the first season. :/
Aug 20, 2016 5:06 PM

Jul 2012
You are being delusional if you voted anything other than "Definitely "
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2016 5:22 PM

Mar 2016
shadower258 said:
1. Even if it is "money grab", what's the problem? The more anime = the better. Someone gonna like it, if you know you won't just don't watch.
>People watching that are idiots.
>This is my opinion - respect it!

As far as saying shit about show is normal, saying shit about people that like it is ignorant.

I'm not trying to say shit about people that watch it. My stance is that I don't see the need for 2 recap movies. I might understand a single movie maybe in another year, but this is just a waste of production time and cost. There is no major advancement in plot or art quality (compared to original, because it was very good artwork) reducing the need for this movie.

Faederwulf said:
If there is no new content, I see no point. Here I was hoping they would correct the rushed finale.

Bader_Killer said:
They should make Season 2 instead of 2 Movies of the first season. :/

If this was the premise for the movie I could understand a movie/ova as a sequel, but not just 2 first season recap movies.
Aug 20, 2016 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
HINT: PEOPLE DON'T WANT FUCKING MONEY.

YEAH YEAH.

PEOPLE WON'T MAKE MONEY GRABS WHEN THEY CAN.

MONEY IS TOTALLY NOT HOW PEOPLE LIVE THESE DAYS.

Jesus, why do people ever care when studios make money grabs..?
Aug 20, 2016 5:40 PM

Mar 2016
Senpaoi said:
HINT: PEOPLE DON'T WANT FUCKING MONEY.

YEAH YEAH.

PEOPLE WON'T MAKE MONEY GRABS WHEN THEY CAN.

MONEY IS TOTALLY NOT HOW PEOPLE LIVE THESE DAYS.

Jesus, why do people ever care when studios make money grabs..?

It's not so much that I care about the money grab so much as the motives behind it being weaker than a Americas' survival rate after the next election. I just wanted to gauge the communities opinion on
1) how obvious it is
2)how unnecessary it is both plot-wise and time-wise
3)how likely people are to watch it in comparison to TV anime
Aug 20, 2016 5:48 PM

Nov 2014
Well, i don't think anyone asked for this, so yeah, it probably is.
Aug 20, 2016 6:29 PM

Aug 2011
IT IS, ISN'T IT???
Aug 20, 2016 7:16 PM

Jun 2016
1. "lol"
2. "haha"
3. thanks

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Aug 20, 2016 8:22 PM

Apr 2016
It's all about marketing, they may want more profit to fund season 2. You can;t really tell what's on their mind at the moment, but its pretty obvious they are looking for funds.
Aug 20, 2016 8:27 PM

Nov 2011
All compilations movie is money grab, I have no idea why someone would want to watch butchered anime that is sewn into a movie. Its garbage.

Aug 20, 2016 8:39 PM

Feb 2013
they need fund so attack of titan season 2 would be better than before. i hope.
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon."
Aug 20, 2016 8:46 PM

Oct 2015
Is this excuse really present the need for them to make an COMPILATION MOVIE?! Yes, I do agree that this is an obvious money grab. There isn't even anything relatively new to be added to the overall plot, but there are exceptions. Such as Kyuokai no Kanata, the first half is a compilation and the second half is adding more into the story. There isn't really a need to do this such blasphemy of a movie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2016 8:47 PM

Oct 2015
benriya said:
they need fund so attack of titan season 2 would be better than before. i hope.

I do hope so, If not then this would be a total waste of money for the consumers.
Aug 20, 2016 8:47 PM

Apr 2011
Are you implying that anime industry isn't generally a money grab ?
Aug 20, 2016 8:57 PM
Oct 2013
You don't say. All recaps made into a movie are money grabs. Obviously they are and obviously this anime isn't the pioneer.
Aug 20, 2016 9:41 PM

Feb 2016
I mean... I thought that was the sole purpose of creating anime? Right?
Aug 20, 2016 10:11 PM
May 2012
MexicanNinja212 said:
In my opinion this is an obvious money grab. Why do I think so? The original season was 12 episodes. You can power through 12 episodes in roughly 4 1/2 hours. If you can't sit down and watch a show for a couple hours; why would you watch a movie for half the original content only to need to watch a sequel? Also why are they doing it almost-immateriality after it finished. They can't even claim "remastered" on it now! If anyone that actually watched the entire series thorough plans on watching this I would assume that we as humans have peaked our intelligence and will now proceed into the spiral vortex of infinite idiocy.

NOTICE-
This is my opinion. If you don't like it or disagree please don't resort to name calling and actually discuss with me why you think what you do.

Couldn't agree more.

ALL I GOTTA SAY THIS IS JUST A FUCKING RECAP FROM THE SERIES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. HECK, TIGER & BUNNY THE BEGINNING & 2 ATTACK ON TITAN MOVIES WAS JUST SAME AS THIS!!

I'm expecting over foreshadowing of season 2 but NOOOOO!!!

INSTEAD WE GOT THIS!! FUCKING IDIOTS....
Aug 21, 2016 2:00 AM

Dec 2010
This could actually work better as a movie(s).
Aug 21, 2016 3:02 AM

May 2010
MexicanNinja212 said:
[I might understand a single movie maybe in another year, but this is just a waste of production time and cost.
You say it's a money grab. Therefore, it would give them a profit. So it would not be a waste of production time or cost. A clear contradiction. You are the culprit!
BocchiAug 21, 2016 3:05 AM
Aug 21, 2016 3:10 AM

Aug 2009
Faederwulf said:

This. All this.

Sigh.

Aug 21, 2016 3:17 AM

Apr 2016
Most likely Movie 1= Episodes 1-6. Movie 2= Episodes 6-12.
Aug 21, 2016 4:07 AM

Jun 2012
MexicanNinja212 said:

NOTICE-

It's obviosly like you said... Yet again someone trying to milk a dry cow but this time the way they do it is pretty shameful!
This is clearly getting the same treatment as AoT, but AoT was a two cour anime which makes a compilation movie more understandable. Kabaneri getting not one but two films to adapt one cour anime is ridiculous.
Fans say "no, don't compare AoT and Kabaneri, Kabaneri ain't a copy... bla bla", funny how the studio and production committee on this proves otherwise.
I don't get how people voted "No"...
If they don't add something new, we won't have a season 2 for sure, god even with new content I don't see a season 2. Let's be honest the first season had some big plot holes.
This movies seems like a waste of time and money, nice bait for casual watchers.
SnaitaAug 21, 2016 4:17 AM
Aug 21, 2016 4:46 AM

Oct 2015
Can we have some updated animation at least?
Aug 21, 2016 4:47 AM

Jan 2009
I wonder if there will be some extras, the anime was pretty average though :(
Aug 21, 2016 4:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Aren't all recap films simple cash grabs?
Aug 21, 2016 6:06 AM

Apr 2015
lol...
i thought it's new arc after the anime or something...
it's a recap... sigh
but the 1st half is good in my opinion, everything become bad when Biba shows up...
Aug 21, 2016 7:43 AM

May 2015
When i got the notification I thought it was a movie sequel fixing the nonsense of the last episodes... But I was wrong...
Aug 21, 2016 10:02 AM

Oct 2007
PandaHatMan said:

This, pretty much this.
Aug 21, 2016 9:30 PM

Jul 2014
Does this crap really need a movie? Not one but two freaking movies, seriously?
Aug 22, 2016 5:33 AM

May 2012
PandaHatMan said:

Are you implying that Kabaneri is not successful ?! It did have good blu-ray sales
Aug 22, 2016 1:57 PM

Mar 2016
thepath said:
PandaHatMan said:

Are you implying that Kabaneri is not successful ?! It did have good blu-ray sales

It did; however if the they think 2 movies of the same thing are going to sell (at least) well as the original, they are taking a big fucking gamble. I think its stupid, but it is piquing my interest to find out how well this sells even though its an obvious money grab with what most likely will be little to no new content.
Aug 22, 2016 3:37 PM
May 2012
Jirionae said:
It's a shame they're making a recap movie instead of something new like an OVA/second season or an actual new movie.

The ending of the anime was really rushed and it was a shame because I did like it, art style was beautiful, but they kinda mess it up for the people that have actually watched the anime. :c

Yeah, I was so angry about this....
Aug 22, 2016 3:37 PM
May 2012
I never thought why am I the only one who actually upset & spoiled because of this...

I gotta say,

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!! IT'S TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!

OH WELL, IT'S BETTER THAN NOTHING.
JafriZinAug 22, 2016 11:05 PM
Aug 23, 2016 4:25 AM

Dec 2015
Show was absolute shit so it's bound to flop. They should have corrected their mistakes with new content/ovas
~
Aug 23, 2016 8:11 PM
May 2012
Touka__Kirishima said:
Show was absolute shit so it's bound to flop. They should have corrected their mistakes with new content/ovas

WHATEVER.

I guess I am the only one who actually care about that show although it's rushed and that's what matters.

(it's the show who did guilty crown & AOT, what's your excuse)
Aug 23, 2016 8:39 PM

Dec 2015
JeffreyZin said:
Touka__Kirishima said:

WHATEVER.

I guess I am the only one who actually care about that show although it's rushed and that's what matters.

They delayed S2 of Shingeki no Kyojin for it :(
~
Aug 23, 2016 8:46 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Thanks, captain obvious.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 25, 2016 5:04 AM

Jul 2012
Maybe I'm the only one here who thinks the ending wasn't rushed and the recap movies aren't a bad idea. As of now, I'm not even sure if Araki wants to make more. The series built up themes of fear/survival of the fittest and those were resolved in the finale. Yeah, it happened kinda quickly and what it meant isn't exactly clear upon the first viewing, but I still think it was well done. Anyone who's interested in an explanation of the last episode might want to have a look at my forum post about that: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1536741

The length of each episode, minus the opening/ending, is about 20 minutes, so if each film is slightly over 2 hours, they could easily keep everything important and potentially improve art/animation in parts and/or add some new scenes (like with the Madoka movies). Splitting the series down the middle is probably a good idea since the two halves are fairly different in their focus. And then, people who only liked the first half can just buy the first film as opposed to the entire series and pretend it ends there. If these movies make WIT more profit, the chances of Kabaneri getting more new content will be higher, so even though I would also rather have new content, I can't say I'm against this.
Sep 13, 2016 11:59 PM
May 2012
Touka__Kirishima said:
JeffreyZin said:

WHATEVER.

Disagree with me all you want, I don't care.

I demanding season 2 so see what might happens next to both Ikoma & Mumei.
Sep 15, 2016 3:31 AM

Dec 2015
JeffreyZin said:
Touka__Kirishima said:

Disagree with me all you want, I don't care.

I demanding season 2 so see what might happens next to both Ikoma & Mumei.

lol while they might release s2, expect to wait at least 2-3 years. Hype will have died down considerably by then as well.
~
Sep 19, 2016 1:40 AM

Jan 2014
Duck_knight said:
Lol hope there will be sequel after this, haters gonna hate
SnK is shit, Kabaneri is gold xD

Yup, same idea here.

I liked Kabaneri a lot, I think a lot of people did, except for a bunch of self-heralded MAL critics. I also think SnK relied too much on shock, had no better characters, and not much of an actual plot to begin with (so it's harder to pick flaws in it).

"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Movie 1: Tsudou Hikari Episode 1 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jun 10, 2020

3 by Adnash »»
Dec 12, 2023 1:50 AM

» PV

Salamander2170 - Aug 22, 2016

3 by bilegeyser »»
Apr 16, 2019 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.