Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 6, 2016 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, Maihime shows a bit of her sensitive side. No doubt that Ichiya is depressed after what happened as well.

I think they are also spending some time for Hime and Hotaru's relationship. The action felt pretty meh, Ichiya can't fight in the state he's in. That ending gave me some bad vibes.

Stark700Aug 6, 2016 9:46 AM
Aug 6, 2016 9:37 AM

Apr 2010
After last weeks cliffhanger i thought i gave this anime another chance and again it fails to deliver anything entertaining.
And it ends with another cliffhanger but it's not enough to keep me watching this time for reasons i already mentioned last week.
Those who enjoy this have fun, i am going to watch something else.
Aug 6, 2016 10:07 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Those things on the necks got activated. Aoi got one planted in her after she was supposedly attacked by Unknowns. The enemy is someone entirely else if you notice the expressions on the higher-ups.
Aug 6, 2016 10:21 AM

Jan 2012
Aaaand dropped, tentatively at least. I say tentatively because I have a weird, gut feeling Canaria either isn't dead or is coming back. I could be wrong, but if that happens someone message me and let me know, unless she comes back as an enemy which would be garbage. Barring that I won't return to this. Her death really was that infuriating and awfully executed. Even Hime and Hotaru, who I normally love, got on my nerves when trying to get Suzaku out of his slump. Was the revelation of Hime's loss as a child meant to make her words to him more powerful, or were her tears in Hotaru's embrace supposed to show character development? Neither worked for me. And the implications involving the newly tagged students maybe being brainwashed by Airi, who is secretly the enemy, is dumb as hell. Assuming it goes that way. Lastly, Aoi's inability to tell Hotaru about her suspicions regarding Airi was so bad, so cliche, I actually groaned out loud. I really did enjoy the first 3 and a half episodes of this, making this fall off a cliff that much more upsetting. But, that's how it goes I guess. 5/10
Aug 6, 2016 10:24 AM

Jan 2012
I laughed when they showed that Canaria was really dead ^^" I almost expected them to make her still be alive.

Seems like those adults are hiding something. I wonder why they didn't choose someone from Tokyo as the temporary head... or are they all too depressed?

And I still wonder why in the first ep, they said Chiba dude was only sub-head thanks to his lil sis when he's obviously the one who does everything... oh well doesn't really matter I guess.
Aug 6, 2016 10:31 AM

Sep 2014
A bit dissapointing, none of the characters can speak up about anything that bothers them or could make a difference. 3/5
Aug 6, 2016 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
GARNiDELiA for the new ED !
Sooooooo Canaria died, finally
We still don't know what is that "code" tho
This episode wasn't that bad imo
Aug 6, 2016 10:37 AM

Jul 2013
So, Canaria really died? Like that? WTF. Strangely, I have the feeling she is not dead and she will return as an alien or something (hope this doesn't happens).

The scene when the adults are attending the glasses girls was suspicious as fuck. Wonder what they plan...

Shit escalated really quick at the end. I can see Hime's friend dying, since she went to that forbidden form with the glasses girl.
Aug 6, 2016 10:45 AM

Aug 2013
now I get it why this anime called Qualidea 'Code'

everyone got a code behind their necks..
this gonna play some important role in the story

I HOPE
Aug 6, 2016 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
This episode focused a lot on Maihime.

I can't believe that Canaria really died. That was too bad!
Aug 6, 2016 11:08 AM

Dec 2014
First first few minutes of the episode: This isn't as terrible as what came before it, maybe the show could improve itsel.......

The rest of the episode: Oh wait, this show is still terrible. Never mind.

At this point only completionism is pushing me forward with this damn thing. If I dropped series, I would've dropped this crap a long time ago.
Aug 6, 2016 11:10 AM

Jan 2015
Aaw, Hime doesn't mind for that pat-in-the-head. And it's time for Hotaru to get serious without Hime's order. And just the right-timing, the unknown start to attack again.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 6, 2016 11:50 AM

Mar 2016
I was thinking of dropping it after last weeks episode, this week was nothing special. I will give it one more shot
Aug 6, 2016 11:58 AM
Aug 6, 2016 12:06 PM

Aug 2012
Couldn't take this episode seriously at all. Was laughing at every serious part
Aug 6, 2016 12:35 PM

Jan 2014
Am I the only one enjoying this? Its not the greatest thing ever but its not as bad as you guys are making it out to be.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Aug 6, 2016 12:41 PM

Dec 2015
Getting better. Less annoying because less Canaria + that guy wanting to protect her. (That was annoying. Best guy is the Chiba guy.)

Also a bit more plot/story. That "code" probably referring to the anime title Qualidae Code. And somehow those enemies seem to detect the humans if they enter the no-entry zone and can trace them then.

I don't know why they don't just remove the codes completely. I guess there will be more hints/information soon.

Also: Who are #1 to #3 ? If the Tokyo guy is #4 only and all the others shown so far seemed weaker than him. Or are those older guy that seems like the supreme commander + the other female and the one female they showed in the lab (who told them not to give too much info to the girl whose code had been changed) those numbers 1 to 3?
Aug 6, 2016 12:46 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
I am not disapointed with the anime really, for me its fun to wacth, well still 7/10 to me.
Aug 6, 2016 12:48 PM

Mar 2014
i think the writing was A LOT better this episode and id venture to say this was the best episode. also foreshadowing hotarus death(?) that pinky promise was shady
Aug 6, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2015
The anime bad guys are getting stronger each episode, its allways the other way around.
Lets see where this takes.... everyone dies?
Aug 6, 2016 1:50 PM

May 2012
Hime and Hotaru arc i guess - jeng jeng... hopefully hotaru dont die, well she could be stronger than hime
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Aug 6, 2016 1:57 PM

Feb 2015
This....not this feels again....the moment when you got dissapointed so hard about a certain series. not i got dissapointed because i have high expectation for this anime, but the moment when you see a certain anime, you have a high expectation on it, but it fails so hard and even you think it has a huge, a very big potential to be a great anime but the studio/the author just waste all of that....it's so freaking irritating to see tbh. and that's what i felt from watching this episode. same feeling like when i watched Mayoiga.

The characterization and development were done so poorly in this episode imo. feels like they didn't even put any effort in it. i don't know cause of the auhtor, studio staff or maybe both....but regardless of that, the characterization and development were done so poorly. not only that, the character design still looks the same as usual but i think it was atleast a little bit better than the previous episode.

and i kinda hate it that they put those tokyo leader, MC, aside and went to another side, to another character and put characterization in it after what happened in the previous episode ending scene.

action still looks bad imo. not good, not meh but literally bad imo.
tbh, if studio other than A-1 who made this anime, i think it would be, atleast way better than this. not trying to badmouth A-1 here but, from majority's watcher here, it almost become a fact that this anime isn't really that good. and think most of the reason is because of the studio who handle the show. which i think it would be better if other studio was the one who made this anime.

but still, i'm not gonna drop it. i will watch it until the end :D
and about the story development in this episode, i'm guessing that ring on all of the student's neck is actually has somethin to do with those creature called "unknown" something like, they got those powers because of those ring which somehow has a connection or maybe made from those creature. just take Hundred as the example...
Aug 6, 2016 2:07 PM

Jun 2016
this show is pretty bad. really about to drop it
Scream!
Aug 6, 2016 2:09 PM

Jan 2016
Man I've been on a no dropping streak for 2 seasons now but this show is fuckng killing. its so bad. No world building, bland characters who try to be multi dimensional. The worst enemies/villains Ive ever seen in anime
Aug 6, 2016 2:40 PM

Dec 2013
_Hans_ said:
Bland characters who try to be multi dimensional.

Not sure if troll...

Luthandorius said:
Also: Who are #1 to #3 ? If the Tokyo guy is #4 only and all the others shown so far seemed weaker than him. Or are those older guy that seems like the supreme commander + the other female and the one female they showed in the lab (who told them not to give too much info to the girl whose code had been changed) those numbers 1 to 3?

Aug 6, 2016 2:43 PM

Aug 2013
The plot really took a drastic turn, besides a character dies, several mysteries are raised mainly on what adults are hiding, well, the characters still need to evolve, but at least I'm more excited about the plot ..
Aug 6, 2016 3:10 PM

Feb 2013
Shit!!!! I can't believe she actually died.....4 episodes is all she got.....god damn.
Aug 6, 2016 3:11 PM

Jan 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
_Hans_ said:
Bland characters who try to be multi dimensional.

Not sure if troll...

Luthandorius said:

The show is pure, disappointing garbage at the moment but hey thats my opinion. You clearly like it and thats fine but should I call you a troll then as well?
Aug 6, 2016 3:29 PM

May 2015
Hmm. Code in Qualidea "Code" makes much more sense now after this episode. I wonder what role this will play in the show. That new ED was pretty good.

Aug 6, 2016 3:54 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Aug 6, 2016 4:58 PM

Aug 2011
Hime is kinda annoying on today episode. Do you think killing character will cause this show more interesting to watch? 1/10 for me..
Aug 6, 2016 5:15 PM
Feb 2016
uran10 said:
Am I the only one enjoying this? Its not the greatest thing ever but its not as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

I'm enjoying this too, it's not horrendously bad like a certain show I regret watching last season, the soundtrack's pretty cool, and I really like the OP.
Aug 6, 2016 5:28 PM

Jul 2009
Shimmering-Sky said:
uran10 said:

I'm enjoying this too, it's not horrendously bad like a certain show I regret watching last season, the soundtrack's pretty cool, and I really like the OP.

Ditto. I still don't know exactly why I like it but I do.

(Is the one from last season you're talking about Asterisk?)
Aug 6, 2016 5:41 PM
Feb 2016
Inugirlz said:
Shimmering-Sky said:

(No, it's Big Order. Never got into Asterisk to begin with.)
Aug 6, 2016 5:48 PM

Aug 2013
Well that's not good.

Everything is going down hill from here and we're getting some bad vibes from the so called adults. Makes one wonder if by chance the enemies aren't all what they seem to be.

I'm putting some money that Canaria is alive after that thing simply ate her and she bled a bit, hence the scene with the blood in the water....

But if she turn out to be the bad guy.... yeah i can see some people wanting to burn this series even more.
Aug 6, 2016 6:09 PM

Jul 2009
Shimmering-Sky said:
Inugirlz said:

(Oh lord I couldn't agree more, I swear that may have been the worse show I've ever watched. Let us forget it exists.)
Aug 6, 2016 6:14 PM
Feb 2016
Inugirlz said:
Shimmering-Sky said:

(Oh lord I couldn't agree more, I swear that may have been the worse show I've ever watched. Let us forget it exists.)

(I can agree with that.)
Aug 6, 2016 6:22 PM
Apr 2015
Somehow I want to know about Asuha's WORLD ability to be able to that #2 rank.
Also Hotaru's as well
Aug 6, 2016 6:29 PM

Aug 2015
So it seems like Canaria really died, didn't expect that tbh. We'll see...
Aug 6, 2016 6:54 PM

Mar 2010
Madlib said:
So it seems like Canaria really died, didn't expect that tbh. We'll see...

They didn't show her actually dying just being hit or something like that. I wouldn't be surprised if she was actually abducted and will later come back as a half unknown or something like that with a corrupted code.

Or she might just be dead.
Aug 6, 2016 7:03 PM
Dec 2014
The story finally seems to take more steps forward. I liked this episode but the dialogue felt kinda meh and unbelievable at times. Maihime trying to cheer Suzaku up, her sudden tear outburst and immediate change of mood.

Btw now that there is a new ED that focuses on Maihime and Hotaru and we learned that the anime will have 12 episodes I think that each of the three schools might get four episodes.

If so, I'm looking forward to Chiba's turn. I'm counting on Wataru Watari.
Aug 6, 2016 7:13 PM

Jan 2016
I for one doubt Canaria is dead. The clue for me is how the adults are acting. She and the others where probably kidnapped by the Unknown or some other organization. The one girl who survived was really freaked out when she touched the older lady so that's another clue. The adults were being to unrealistically creepy/shady to not be hiding something big.

Being there isn't much of a back story in this show can't say I would be surprised about anything happening.

Seems to me they're is a giant plot twists coming. Canaria probably rescues the rest of the group and relives them of their "codes"- all a guess/theory.

I'll keep watching till I know for sure that she's dead. It just seems like the most over the top death scene that I still can't believe it, to crazy to actually be anything real to it.

We will see.
Aug 6, 2016 7:18 PM
Jul 2016
Though it's not groundbreaking quality it's not as bad as people said, it's just the animation quality is dropping each episode..
Aug 6, 2016 7:21 PM
Jul 2016
Maverick-sama said:
I for one doubt Canaria is dead. The clue for me is how the adults are acting. She and the others where probably kidnapped by the Unknown or some other organization. The one girl who survived was really freaked out when she touched the older lady so that's another clue. The adults were being to unrealistically creepy/shady to not be hiding something big.

Being there isn't much of a back story in this show can't say I would be surprised about anything happening.

Seems to me they're is a giant plot twists coming. Canaria probably rescues the rest of the group and relives them of their "codes"- all a guess/theory.

I'll keep watching till I know for sure that she's dead. It just seems like the most over the top death scene that I still can't believe it, to crazy to actually be anything real to it.

We will see.

I think the backstory of every characters is written in the LN versions of the series' project, though the only one translated online is the event right before the unknown appears.
Aug 6, 2016 7:27 PM

Jun 2015
Well this show might just get very dark. Adults are acting suspicious. And some really stuff is going on at the end. I can piece a few things together but there is definitely some fishy stuff going on. And im not sure exactly what. I expected a lighthearted action show that focused more on character relationships instead of a huge story, which i would have been fine with, but i may have been wrong. Character developments was really good this episode. You get to know more about Hime. You also get to see the relationships between characters. I also love how they show how the students are still a unifies whole and that they feel for each other. The deaths actually affected everyone. Also loved seeing each person's way of dealing with it. Kasumi giving the reverse psychology encouragement was really funny. I wonder if more characters are gonna start to die. I hope not but they definitely raised a death flag for Hotaru. But i would give a lot of respect to the writers if they can actually execute for deaths well. I just hope they arent forced. But with all the shady shit going on, im excited af to find out more about the story
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Aug 6, 2016 7:43 PM

Jan 2016
Cryarc said:
Maverick-sama said:

We will see.

I think the backstory of every characters is written in the LN versions of the series' project, though the only one translated online is the event right before the unknown appears.

I haven't tried to look up the LN. If I drop the show maybe I'll read some of it. I like a good LN
Aug 6, 2016 7:45 PM

Sep 2013
Pretty meh episode. Suzaku is just an annoying little bitch. There is no in-between for him and his personality/emotions. He's either an extremely huge asshole or a scared little child begging for help or a crippling depressed boy. His emotions are too extreme and it turns me off. The death of Cana is definitely sad, but why should Suzaku care? He literally treated her like trash the entire series thus far so him being the way he is is insulting to the viewers.

"Hey I'm going to treat everyone like shit. I'm the best! Oh, I guess I need help... Oh fuck I screwed up bad and wasted a lot of man power. I need help! Great, now that I've accepted help, everything is fine. Oh no, the person I treated like crap is dead. FEEL BAD FOR ME NOW."

This is perfectly illustrated by Maihime, who lost someone too and that this is war and people will die. Not only that, what makes Suzaku special? Why should we, the viewers care? When we can see clearly that he's not the only one who has lost someone. Not only that, he abandoned his team this time and make Maihime carry all the weight.

It's like the creator of the show makes us want to hate Suzaku.

Unfortunately for us, his name is Suzaku. The meaning of this name means crimson sparrow in japanese and here, we call that a Phoenix. I'm willing to bet he will rise above from the ashes because he's a bi-polar fuck.

I'll give it another week because of yet another cliffhanger again, except this one isn't as good as last week. Depending on next week, if it annoys me like it did on this episode, then it's dropped. Even if Canaria is revived somehow as a cliffhanger next week, I still might drop it. Luckily for this show, Maihime is the only person I enjoy a lot.
TehSnawnAug 6, 2016 7:53 PM

Aug 6, 2016 8:49 PM

Jun 2013
Holy balls people, if you're gonna drop the anime, just drop it and quit posting the same whiny comment on every week's discussion. The majority of the comments on these discussion threads seem to be negative, but I for one, am actually enjoying this anime and looking forward to each week's episode.

Anyway, that bit of steam aside, I feel like Hotaru seriously just raised a death flag with that pinky swear. Suzaku needs a good slap to the face. I seriously have no idea how they're going to get out of this situation here. I'm curious to see where the show goes from this point.
Aug 6, 2016 9:23 PM
Jul 2018
I guess this was expected for the end being rather cliche and generic, but I can't really deny I enjoyed this episode. Of course the entire "code" is rather interesting if anything else of course. I think Maihime in this episode made me love her more this week since I did liked her, but not compared to the Chiba siblings.

Now as for the entire "The series is bad" or people that have dropped it I can't really blame them in all honesty, but I do understand them in that sense because it could have been better, but I don't mind in all honesty. I would want to know more at the very least.

The animation was a bit better than the previous episode but the FPS though... Yeah.

An extra note: Love the freaking ending song for this week.
Aug 6, 2016 9:51 PM

May 2016
I dont mind if every character dies, but at least make it different from Mayoiga (nobody died, everything is just a dream).
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

175 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

89 by redorzo »»
Feb 13, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

104 by redorzo »»
Feb 13, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.